Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although I still disagree with taking Jones in the 3rd, I think it's gonna turn out to be a great pick.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
James Jones is really starting to grow on me though. He seems to do all the little things right that rookies struggle with.
Precisely.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Let's not get excited too quick. Wait until defenders get up and him and play rough and then we'll see how he does. Everyone looks good in individual drills without pads.
and I really don't see the jam being a big issue for him because he's a big strong guy, I'll be interested to see what he does this year

Quote:
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
and I really don't see the jam being a big issue for him because he's a big strong guy, I'll be interested to see what he does this year
Beating the jam is a lot about technique and quickness also though. I think he'll eventually be able to beat the jam easily, but it could take him a year or two.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:
Beating the jam is a lot about technique and quickness also though. I think he'll eventually be able to beat the jam easily, but it could take him a year or two.
true, so is he in the lead for the #3 spot right now?

Quote:
Old 05-24-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right now I would think that Ruvell Martin is the #3 WR, but if Jones has a good training camp and follows that up with a productive offseason he'll possibly get the nod. I think people have to watch out for David Clowney though as a possible 3rd option. He's lightning quick and could provide Favre with the deep option he needs.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Way too early to say. After Driver and Jennings, it's a huge logjam.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

I was just saying if we to have a favorite at this point, but yeah, you're right, it's too early to determine much

Quote:
Old 05-24-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was just saying if we to have a favorite at this point, but yeah, you're right, it's too early to determine much
Right now though would have to be Ruvell becuase he has the game experience, he knows the offense much better, and has better timing with Favre at this point.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:
Right now though would have to be Ruvell becuase he has the game experience, he knows the offense much better, and has better timing with Favre at this point.
And as much as people think he belongs on a prectice squad he was really impressing me towards the end of the season, him and Patrick Dendy

Quote:
Old 05-24-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I wouldn't be very surprised to see Martin get cut. Jennings, Driver, Jones, and Clowney should make the team with relative ease. Ferguson has a great shot in my opinion. That's 5 wide receivers and I'm not sure the Packers would go with 6. Even if they do, there's guys like Carlyle Holliday, and Carlton Brewster who would be fighting for that last spot.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't be very surprised to see Martin get cut. Jennings, Driver, Jones, and Clowney should make the team with relative ease. Ferguson has a great shot in my opinion. That's 5 wide receivers and I'm not sure the Packers would go with 6. Even if they do, there's guys like Carlyle Holliday, and Carlton Brewster who would be fighting for that last spot.
Ferguson hasn't proven anything throughout his entire NFL career for him to be a part of this team. Ruvell has worked his a$$ off to get where he is now and he'll continue to get better. He's got the size that the Packers are lacking at the position and I would sure hope that he makes the team before a piece of garbage like Ferguson.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Clowney wont become an instant sucess unless its on ST. Ruvell did great down the stretch and will compete for the 3rd. And if GB went w/ 6 why would Holiday/Brewster be ahead of Ruvell
I think it'll be:
Driver
Jennings
Ruvell/Jones
Clowney

Practice Squad: Holiday

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Clowney wont become an instant sucess unless its on ST. Ruvell did great down the stretch and will compete for the 3rd. And if GB went w/ 6 why would Holiday/Brewster be ahead of Ruvell
I think it'll be:
Driver
Jennings
Ruvell/Jones
Clowney

Practice Squad: Holiday
Clowney and Jones are basically locks because they were draft picks. They won't be cut unless something major happens.

Holiday has shown flashes and could beat out Martin in training camp. Also, I think the Packers are looking at Brewster to return kicks so he could make the roster that way. That said, I still think Martin the favourite out of those 3 players to make the roster.

Driver
Jennings
Jones
Ferguson
Clowney

That's my prediction. The Packers need some more veterans on the team and Ferguson is just that. Plus, he's a very good special teamer.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Clowney and Jones are basically locks because they were draft picks. They won't be cut unless something major happens.

Holiday has shown flashes and could beat out Martin in training camp. Also, I think the Packers are looking at Brewster to return kicks so he could make the roster that way. That said, I still think Martin the favourite out of those 3 players to make the roster.

Driver
Jennings
Jones
Ferguson
Clowney

That's my prediction. The Packers need some more veterans on the team and Ferguson is just that. Plus, he's a very good special teamer.
Yeah, Cory Rodgers was surely a lock.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Yeah, Cory Rodgers was surely a lock.
He was until he was terrible in practice and then get in trouble off the field.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Does anyone belong to any insider Packer sites? Like Packerreport.com or Packerplus online from Jsonline?

they get smoked.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He was until he was terrible in practice and then get in trouble off the field.
Which is why Jones and Clowny are not locks just yet.

they get smoked.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers was drafted soley as a KR. When you can't even field the ball that'll cause problems. As long as they don't totally screw up they will make it. I will go as far as saying Jones is already a lock. You don't cut first day players too often before the season starts. Clowney will have it a little harder, but as long as he isn't miles behind the other guys he'll make it. Even if he's being out preformed it'll have to be by a very wide margin for him to get cut.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does anyone belong to any insider Packer sites? Like Packerreport.com or Packerplus online from Jsonline?
If anyone does don't post it.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I couldn't help him anyways b/c I don't look at any insider sites

Old 05-24-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You can't say if you belong or not? What's that got to do with NFLDC?

they get smoked.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
You can't say if you belong or not? What's that got to do with NFLDC?
If anyone belongs to one don't post the information. I thought you'd be able to figure that out. I'm not saying you were or were not trying to get them to post it, just giving a warning to those who might have.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If anyone belongs to one don't post the information. I thought you'd be able to figure that out. I'm not saying you were or were not trying to get them to post it, just giving a warning to those who might have.
well, I just wanted information on whether they were worth joining or not.

they get smoked.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

BTW anyone else download the new Packer Mozilla add on? It's dank

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4812

they get smoked.