Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm a packer fan and would probabaly kill to be a Brett Favre fluff boy...But Favre only the 14th best NFL player in the last 25 years. Give me a freaking break. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...terstitialskip

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I know I'm a packer fan and would probabaly kill to be a Brett Favre fluff boy...But Favre only the 14th best NFL player in the last 25 years. Give me a freaking break. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...terstitialskip
Like someone below on the rankings page said, the only 3 time MVP and he's 14th. What a joke!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56 View Post
Are you a stupid or something? I said Brunell hasn't had the longevity of Favre. Where did I say he didn't have a good career? Show me. Warner didn't do anything IN GREEN BAY. At that time he WAS a camp body. He succeeded in Martz's system - as is Jon Kitna. I never said Hasselbeck's career was over either... Come back to me when you learn to read....
Settle down, dont start hurling insults I could do the same. We dont even really disagree on much. Seems more like some misinterpretting of some points being made more than anything. Thats easy to do when people write there posts quickly so they can do more important things.
The point I was making was that Wolf had a top notch eye for quarterback talent and had Favre not worked out I highly doubt wolf would have been let go. He would have found another respectable qb. Wolf was a superb gm and has been the mentor for many highly successful football people. What I was saying was the backups Wolf found were reasonably successful and didnt have to be at Favres level in order to play for greenbay if Favre failed. Very few quarterbacks have or ever will be as good as Favre was.(and I have no doubt you are aware of this)
The reason I made the point was from your post when you said," I agree with you on Wolf's ability to find QBs, but none of them were of Favre's calibur. Who knows, if Favre didn't work out for us Wolf could have been gone a few years later."

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-06-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Hard to believe that list is being made by "professional" sports writers. Its safe to say that if I were to create a list of top 25 professional sports writers over the last 25 years, none from the usa today would make the list.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These guys are just jerks at USA Today. They'll probably do something stupid like have Barry Sanders ahead of him. 3 time MVP, 2 SBs, Consecutive games streak holder at QB, he's gonna break Marino's TD record. Now, it's hard to have a top 25 and have all the guys be QBs at the top, but Favre deserves to be amongst Montana, Marino and Elway. Reggie likely top 10. Who are they gonna put ahead of Favre? Manning and Brady? Maybe these writers are only 25 years old and haven't actually seen players play over the last 25 years...
Old 07-04-2007, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
These guys are just jerks at USA Today. They'll probably do something stupid like have Barry Sanders ahead of him. 3 time MVP, 2 SBs, Consecutive games streak holder at QB, he's gonna break Marino's TD record. Now, it's hard to have a top 25 and have all the guys be QBs at the top, but Favre deserves to be amongst Montana, Marino and Elway. Reggie likely top 10. Who are they gonna put ahead of Favre? Manning and Brady? Maybe these writers are only 25 years old and haven't actually seen players play over the last 25 years...
I think it has become fashionable to be tough on Favre now that his career is comming to an end. Also the huge amount of praise he has received over the last 15 years must have gotten to be old news. The "sparkle" has worn thin. With the packers no longer making playoff apearances plus the lack of good receivers putting up nice stats in recent years and the whole rebuilding thing. Favre and the pack has begun to fall off the radar a bit.
For professional sports writers stuff like that really shouldnt effect there judgement when rating players and their accomplishments over their entire career. I think it may have in this case.

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-04-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well where's the top 13?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Well where's the top 13?
If you read it , they say they release a new name everyday. number 13 will be tomorrow i believe.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

just watch the new madden trailer and at about the half way point Brandon Jackson puts a nice move on Urlacher
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

R. White, B. Sanders, E. Smith, Montana, LT, Marino, Elway, Payton and Rice are the only ones that pop out at me as having the potential to beat out Favre, and I'd put Favre above Barry, Emmitt and Marino and possibly Montana and Reggie. My list would be:
1. Walter Payton
2. Jerry Rice
3. LT
4. Elway
5. Montana
6. Favre
7. Reggie
8. E. Smith
9. Marino
10. Barry Sanders

There's a very good chance I'm missing someone huge, but I didn't put that much thought into the list.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Source http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

So we've been paying close attention to the ongoing countdown of the top 25 NFL players of the past 25 years on the USA Today web site, and we've even decided to do our own.

Our decision was due in large part to our belief that the USA Today list, well, isn't very good. Our concern started with the inclusion of Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw, whose only football-related activity of note in the past quarter-century was his Hall of Fame speech.

But now we've got another major beef with the folks at USA Today. At No. 14 on their list is Packers quarterback Brett Favre.

Brett Favre? No. 14? The guy who has shattered the record for consecutive starts by a quarterback? The guy who could end up with every career passing record?

Look, we take plenty of shots at Favre, primarily because we get sick of hearing how great he is. But he is. And there's no way that Favre is only the fourteenth best pro football player of the past 25 years.

PFt finally got something right?

they get smoked.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Source http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

So we've been paying close attention to the ongoing countdown of the top 25 NFL players of the past 25 years on the USA Today web site, and we've even decided to do our own.

Our decision was due in large part to our belief that the USA Today list, well, isn't very good. Our concern started with the inclusion of Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw, whose only football-related activity of note in the past quarter-century was his Hall of Fame speech.

But now we've got another major beef with the folks at USA Today. At No. 14 on their list is Packers quarterback Brett Favre.

Brett Favre? No. 14? The guy who has shattered the record for consecutive starts by a quarterback? The guy who could end up with every career passing record?

Look, we take plenty of shots at Favre, primarily because we get sick of hearing how great he is. But he is. And there's no way that Favre is only the fourteenth best pro football player of the past 25 years.

PFt finally got something right?
Its good to see them give Favre his do respect after all the shots they take at him. As I suspected most of the shots are do to all the praise that Favre has received over the years.

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-04-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Its good to see them give Favre his do respect after all the shots they take at him. As I suspected most of the shots are do to all the praise that Favre has received over the years.
Favre does deserve the respect and atleast some of his biggest critics are recognizing that.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
just watch the new madden trailer and at about the half way point Brandon Jackson puts a nice move on Urlacher
I saw that too and I was watching game play Packers vs Chiefs and they made our defense weak and they made Brandon so slow.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Is there a LINE yet on the Packers Week 1 game against the Eagles?????

Old 07-05-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../70705146/1989

The Pack is going old school.

they get smoked.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Is there a LINE yet on the Packers Week 1 game against the Eagles?????
Not to the best of my knowledge, though its possible somewhere in vegas. I say right now the line will be something like eagles by 7. I think the eagles will win by more than that. Reid and the eagles simply have owned the pack lately and the packs offense wont be able to keep up with them. Theres just nothing there but Favre and Driver. Jennings our runningbacks and tight end are a huge question mark and the season hinges on how quickly they come around. The eagles offense isnt pretty either but they always seem to get points on the board. The defenses should be about equal.
If the packers manage to take this game I think it will be absolutely huge for them even if its only the first game of the year. McCarthy is going to want to stop the trend of losing to this team, its a conference game and its going to be important to get back to winning at home. After looking through there schedule I have that game marked down as one of there losses despite its importance.
I just noticed Chicago starts off there season against San Diego, that should be interesting and a big (L) for da bears if San Diego gets their coaching situation under control. Detroit plays Oakland, that should be a real stinker and Minnesota plays Atlanta. Looks like theres a good posibility that Detroit will be in first place after the first game of the year. lol
Although Atlanta is a mess do to Vicks incredible stupidity and I can see Minnesota beating them. Minnesota and Detroit could be playing each other for first place in the second week. Yes, thats right 1 of those 2 teams will have a real good shot at starting the season 2-0. Heh, but they should begin to crumble after that.
The first 3 games for the pack and da bears will be no cake walks. I could almost see an 0-3 start for both teams, but I think I have to give the pack and bears more respect than that.

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-07-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you guys think will be the KR/PR? I wouldn't mind seeing Brandon getting a crack at it.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Who do you guys think will be the KR/PR? I wouldn't mind seeing Brandon getting a crack at it.
David Clowney

Old 07-06-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Dont know, but the competiton will be pretty intense. Special teams will be interesting with all the new faces.

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-06-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Dont know, but the competiton will be pretty intense. Special teams will be interesting this year.
Yes it will.

Ryan is probably the only guy who won't likely lose his job.

If I had to guess I'd say:

Punter = Ryan

Kicker = Crosby. I like Rayner but he is a bit inconsistant and really seemed to struggle later in the season. Crosby has a little stronger leg which I think will give us more of an opportunity to score points.

Kick returner = Clowney. I think that this will be his biggest chance to make an impact early on in the season. Robinson will likely take over both return roles when he returns. This could also be Herron, Ferguson, Jennings, or Jackson as well. Unless Herron or Ferguson gets cut. I hate the idea of Jenning or Jackson seeing both will be vital players this year. If either of them go down it would be bad.

Punt returner = James Jones. He has sure hands which will be key to this winner. Clowney has the speed but I have some concerns about his ability to hang onto the ball in traffic. I don't think that Woodson will play special teams this year which is definetly a good thing. We need him 100% healthy all year.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I read that Clowney looked really shaky with his reps at kick and punt return.

they get smoked.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I read that Clowney looked really shaky with his reps at kick and punt return.
No, I think it was that in the group of return men, everyone dropped one kick except Blackmon.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USA Today actually has Peyton Manning above Favre already?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
USA Today actually has Peyton Manning above Favre already?
They're idiots