Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
IMO, I don't understand why you guys are caring about Gaithers.

Futre o-line
LT- Daryn Colledge
LG- Jason Spitz
C- Scott Wells
RG- Allen Barbre
RT- Tony Moll

Thats pretty solid if Allen Barbre develops right.
Switch around your guards.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

It’s draft day, but where’s Mel Kiper and his hair?
The NFL’s annual supplemental draft is today (Thursday), and according to Scout.com’s Tony Pauline and Adam Caplan, the Packers are “considering using a late-round pick” on former Florida State defensive tackle Clifton Dickson.

http://packers.scout.com/2/658088.html
Old 07-12-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

We could use another DT...
Old 07-12-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
We could use another DT...
It would be good insurance if Corey Williams leaves next year. Probably be the end of Colin Cole or Johnny Jolly if we do take him.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56 View Post
It’s draft day, but where’s Mel Kiper and his hair?
The NFL’s annual supplemental draft is today (Thursday), and according to Scout.com’s Tony Pauline and Adam Caplan, the Packers are “considering using a late-round pick” on former Florida State defensive tackle Clifton Dickson.

http://packers.scout.com/2/658088.html
I think Colin Cole is a free agent too after this season and if this guy does great he can back up Pickett and we wouldst need to overpay Cole or Williams.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
I think Colin Cole is a free agent too after this season and if this guy does great he can back up Pickett and we wouldst need to overpay Cole or Williams.
Cole is a restricted free agent after the season. I don't even personally see any value in Cole at this point. Williams is showing signs of becoming a good pass rusher. Signing him long term isn't key but you can never have enough good DTs.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why we need another DT. We have great depth there already.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I don't see why we need another DT. We have great depth there already.
There's no way we bring in another DT. We already have 4 that can start.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
There's no way we bring in another DT. We already have 4 that can start.
But he has better upside then Cole and Jolly.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But he has better upside then Cole and Jolly.
Pickett, Harrell, Williams, and Cole is plenty

Old 07-12-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

i saw this on PFT.com and thought it was worth a post (even tho PFT is wrong 90% of the time)

PACKERS EYEBALLING L.J.

A couple of weeks ago, former Packers linebacker George Koonce hinted on his way out of a front office job with the team that the Pack could be making a significant acquisition on offense.

The player in question could be Chiefs running back Larry Johnson.

WTMJ in Milwaukee reports that the Packers are "keeping a very close eye" on Johnson's situation. With one year remaining on his Kansas City contract, at a salary of $1.7 million, Johnson has made it clear that he wants a new contract before he endures another 400-carry season. The Chiefs discreetly dangled their Johnson (we couldn't resist) prior to the draft, but found no takers.

The problem is that anyone who wants L.J. will have to satisfy his contractual demands, and bow to the trade expectations of G.M. Carl Peterson. We think that, at a minimum, it'll take $25 million in guaranteed money to make Johnson happy, and a first-round pick and a third-round pick to get the Chiefs to bite.

If Johnson was worth that kind of a total investment, the Chiefs would be making it.

The reality here is that Johnson already has a lot of miles on the tires, and that it's still unclear whether Johnson is a truly great running back. Also, the fact that he carries the ball a lot puts him at greater risk of the kind of injury that would make the investment in his services look foolish in hindsight.

Absent a trade, there could be a nasty and protracted holdout. Johnson and Peterson have heads of solid rock, and we could envision both sides digging in, even if it's in no one's best interests to do so.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Arghh... again with this LJ talk. Unless we package players i.e. KGB, Corey Williams, Ferguson, Hodge, ect... I just don't see us making a move for him. He will turn 28 years old this year and wants a huge contract. I don't see TT willing to give up a high pick or multiple picks for him. Hell, I don't even see how Larry Johnson would fit well into the zone blocking scheme.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56 View Post
Arghh... again with this LJ talk. Unless we package players i.e. KGB, Corey Williams, Ferguson, Hodge, ect... I just don't see us making a move for him. He will turn 28 years old this year and wants a huge contract. I don't see TT willing to give up a high pick or multiple picks for him. Hell, I don't even see how Larry Johnson would fit well into the zone blocking scheme.
It if was ever going to happen it would have been before the draft. No chance now.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
It if was ever going to happen it would have been before the draft. No chance now.
I doubted it then and I will doubt it again. Denver has put 7th round and undrafted RBs in the zone blocking scheme and had success. We don't need to give up high draft picks and and a ton of money for a power RB.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers don't seem to be looking for a high priced RB anyway, they seem to want to rely on scheme. Also with all the draft picks we would have to give up, I couldn't think of a move TT would be less likely to make.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

This guy turns 28 this season and he can turn in what Walker did for Denver. I say give him a shot and give him a 6 year contract worth 70-80 million.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People say that his legs are still young but I disagree. He had a 2000 yd season in 2002, then back to back 1700 yd seasons. That's quite a bit of wear for a bruising back like LJ. But still I would like to have him on the team. Not for a long term deal tho, maybe 3-4. He should be able to produce at least 2 more solid seasons and we need all the help we can get.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:11 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
This guy turns 28 this season and he can turn in what Walker did for Denver. I say give him a shot and give him a 6 year contract worth 70-80 million.
You don't need to pay him that much money to run in the zone blocking scheme. Take a look at the past Bronco's RBs and you'll hopefully see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
People say that his legs are still young but I disagree. He had a 2000 yd season in 2002, then back to back 1700 yd seasons. That's quite a bit of wear for a bruising back like LJ. But still I would like to have him on the team. Not for a long term deal tho, maybe 3-4. He should be able to produce at least 2 more solid seasons and we need all the help we can get.
He isn't stupid. He wants to be paid NOW because he knows he could break down with all the carries he has. He won't sign a 3-4 year deal. Look at all the other RBs that had 375+ carries a season. They flamed out the year after. Jamal Lewis hasn't been the same since he had his 2000 yard season.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Badger_Fan

Quote:
Giving a guy a shot is paying them virtually no money, a 6 year deal for 70-80 million is a guarantee's salary.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:18 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm for LJ on the team, but then again I would have liked TT to have taken Paul Oliver with a third, so what the hell do I know? I'd like to see a couple components added that would add some punch. Herron, Jackson and Morency not too scary, but I'm hoping they're solid.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Damn it, I need more packer news. Baseball just isnt cutting it, but at least with the brewers leading there division it helps some.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Damn it, I need more packer news. Baseball just isnt cutting it, but at least with the brewers leading there division it helps some.
There's been no Packers' news all offseason

Old 07-15-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
There's been no Packers' news all offseason
Which is making this off season feel like one of the longest I can remember and it sucks, because I like football a lot more than baseball. At least we dont have to read about any packers getting suspended or getting in any serious trouble. I just hope the brewers can stay in front of the cubs to keep me happy till training camp begins.

Last edited by Football Fan : 07-15-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

We are only one of two team forums that have over 10,000 post. Dallas leads with over 12,000.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Don't worry...

Training Camp is starting soon! Can't wait.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote