Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I've been camping since Sunday, went to Lambeau yesterday, took the tour, got some autographs, and watched the practice. I had a good time, although I didn't really get a great look at the practice. I think Crosby is the obvious front runner for the kicking job now, he had a much better practice then Rayner. I sat behind Laura Hawk (formerly Quinn) while watching the practice.

I was at the fence where the players park trying to get a few signatures and Ferguson came out of his car talking on his cell phone. Another guy trying to get autographs there (probably about 17) who I was standing next to started yelling at him to come over. When he didn't the guy started yelling about how we could have gotten Chambers. It was around 4:30 when Ferguson went in (he left his tail lights on BTW) and he came out about 20 minutes later. The guy started yelling at him again and Ferguson got a little annoyed and told him "You gotta quit your jabbin". Then he got in his car and left. Today I hear he got cut (which I'm very happy about) and the paper said he was told yesterday at 5:00 that they were going to try to get rid of him, so I assume that is what he was going to talk about.

I got Scott Wells, James Jones, Jason Spitz, Ruvell Martin, and a few other minor players' signatures yesterday. Wells is a pretty funny guy.
Laura Hawk, yay or nay?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Laura Hawk, yay or nay?
Yay. I didn't talk to he at all though. I saw she had a picture of A.J. on her IPhone.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I've been camping since Sunday, went to Lambeau yesterday, took the tour, got some autographs, and watched the practice. I had a good time, although I didn't really get a great look at the practice. I think Crosby is the obvious front runner for the kicking job now, he had a much better practice then Rayner. I sat behind Laura Hawk (formerly Quinn) while watching the practice.

I was at the fence where the players park trying to get a few signatures and Ferguson came out of his car talking on his cell phone. Another guy trying to get autographs there (probably about 17) who I was standing next to started yelling at him to come over. When he didn't the guy started yelling about how we could have gotten Chambers. It was around 4:30 when Ferguson went in (he left his tail lights on BTW) and he came out about 20 minutes later. The guy started yelling at him again and Ferguson got a little annoyed and told him "You gotta quit your jabbin". Then he got in his car and left. Today I hear he got cut (which I'm very happy about) and the paper said he was told yesterday at 5:00 that they were going to try to get rid of him, so I assume that is what he was going to talk about.

I got Scott Wells, James Jones, Jason Spitz, Ruvell Martin, and a few other minor players' signatures yesterday. Wells is a pretty funny guy.
Damn I was there Monday and Tuesday, we didn't try to get autographs Monday but after Tuesday night's my sister got Edgar Bennett, Brandon Jackson and Rob Davis on her pink ball. On Monday we were sitting in the front row by the goal line where the o line does drills and Davis was right in front of us for a couple minutes. The ball dropped in front of him went to his side kind of behind him and he could hear my sister giggling enjoying herself at the time so as the ball rolled to his side he picked it up real fast and pushed it against the fence which was about a foot from my sister's face, scared her and got her laughing for a good minute. So after Tuesday night's practice I pointed him out and he signed. My mom followed David Clowney the whole way and he signed a Score rookie card she had gotten in a pack on Saturday, she got Corey White on her mini helmet.

And me, well, I got caught up in a storm of what to do. I couldn't decide to follow guys or stay and wait for other players. Problem was I was past the fence and almost everybody that signed did maybe 5 or 6 for people up close then the bikes were right there so they hopped on. Once they got past the fence you basically ad to follow them.

Props to Edgar Bennett, the man is a RB coach these days and still made time for the fans. He walked the whole way signing autographs.

I knew I wouldn't have a shot at most of the best players but I had seen a lot of things signed by Cullen Jenkins and a few other guys. I was hoping to get him, Tauscher, Wells, Colledge, Hawk, etc. and a lot of guys weren't even asked to sign. Hawk signed a quick 5 or 6 by the fence then hopped on a bike. Most guys just looked dog tired after the two practices so I guess I got shy and didn't ask. At the same time it's mainly for the younger kids.

Towards the end I had walked down to the corner to wait and B-Jax goes right past me on a bike and then a minute later my sister comes up and I'm like damn...you got Brandon Jackson didn't you... I was upset.. I thought all the players I wanted left. Ehh, oh well I'll be back next year.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
And me, well, I got caught up in a storm of what to do. I couldn't decide to follow guys or stay and wait for other players. Problem was I was past the fence and almost everybody that signed did maybe 5 or 6 for people up close then the bikes were right there so they hopped on. Once they got past the fence you basically ad to follow them.
Yeah, you couldn't really get an autograph after they got on a bike. I just tried to get a few signatures of the guys who were walking.

Ruvell Martin was really nice. I saw him stop and talk to a few guys, singing things and shaking their hands for a couple of minutes. Then once almost everyone had gone in, he was standing there just singing autographs.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey White will also make the roster, in the WR position we need to cut one more for Robinson. IMO I dont think this team will carry a 3rd qb. We have both Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre no need. Also the staff might be going after Bubba or Manuel if they see no improvement this preseason.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Texans To Sign Ferguson
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5064189.html
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

V. Young hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey guys what was that site with that chatroom for the packers. packerchattin.com or something.
V. Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V. Young View Post
Hey guys what was that site with that chatroom for the packers. packerchattin.com or something.
Packerschatter.com

James Jones... Seriously. Looking good agian tonight.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Can't wait to see the game tonight at 11 on NFL Network. 48-13 in the 3rd quarter gahlee... Bigby two sacks, J Bush 2 int's. Hawk a sack. Looks like we're really picking up the blitzing this year. When I watched the defense at camp they definitely have this quiet confidence about them. Very smooth practice. I think they're gonna surprise a lot of people.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I hope this is the team we see for years.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Bubba 4 catches 30 yards. Can't wait to see Bigby's two sacks. And Hawk's. Well...everything
Old 08-18-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Judging by the game center we would've had another TD but Thompson got picked off in the endzone. Damn..
Old 08-19-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damnit. I completely forgot about this game. I missed the last one too. Son of a *****. Anyone want to summarize the game for me, not scores, but how well defense, offense, players, played.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its on NFLN rite now, I hope what we've seen of Bubba will continue into the year

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What's the info on Ryan Powdrell? I'd hate to see someone I grew up with lose his career to injury.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:08 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

boy Bigby won me over what a game he had he played fearless
Old 08-19-2007, 03:10 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
boy Bigby won me over what a game he had he played fearless
Don't forget the dogshit defense he played in the first. I'll reserve my opinion of him until a couple more games.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:39 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Pre-Season Stats - Week 2

Carlyle Holiday & James Jones: Tied 2 TD's (Lead NFL)
James Jones: 10 Catches (3rd NFL)
Brandon Jackson: 30 At temps (Lead NFL)
Brandon Jackson: 111 Yards (2nd NFL)
Aaron Rodgers: 45 At temps (Lead NFL)
Aaron Rodgers: 270 Yards (3rd NFL)
Aaron Rodgers: 3 Tds (2nd NFL)
Cullen Jenkins: 3 Sacks (Lead NFL)
Jarrett Bush: 2 Interceptions (Lead NFL)
Green Bay Packers Defense: 140 PassingYards (2nd NFL)
Green Bay Packers Defense: 12 Sacks (Lead NFL)
Green Bay Packers Defense: 3 Interceptions (3rd NFL)

Green Bay Packers Defense: 7 Touchdowns Allowed (32 NFL)
Note: Thats The Worst In The NFL, We Sure Gotta Fix That
Old 08-19-2007, 07:41 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bubba 4 catches 30 yards. Can't wait to see Bigby's two sacks. And Hawk's. Well...everything
and that was only like in the 1st qtr

also titletown by won me over i mean over manuel
i think he still done a hell of a job better then manuel
Old 08-19-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Take team stats with a grain of salt. Its preseason and in my opinion the only stats that matter are individual stats which is a good sighn for you guys.

If you are to take team stats seriously you can realy only look at the first quater if that.

Packers got some good players, and i look foward maybe even as soon as next year when it is Vikes and Packs battling for the top spot.
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very nice performance last night but both first units. James Jones and Brandon Jackson played very well for only their 2nd games. Atari Bigby locked up a roster spot for himself, and Jarrett Bush also had a very nice game.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Umm the defense has given up only two touchdowns. The 2nd one, which was vs. Seattle, only happened because of the botched shotgun snap on offense. That turnover gave Seattle very short distance to the end zone and it was against mostly 2nd string defense.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Umm the defense has given up only two touchdowns. The 2nd one, which was vs. Seattle, only happened because of the botched shotgun snap on offense. That turnover gave Seattle very short distance to the end zone and it was against mostly 2nd string defense.
I noticed that that was typed as well but didn't say anything

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Great game last night. The whole team just looked great. James Jones is looking amazing. Thompson blew his shot at a roster spot.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Don't forget the dogshit defense he played in the first. I'll reserve my opinion of him until a couple more games.
I'm not saying he's the 2nd coming of Ronnie Lott, but he did lock up a roster spot last night. With more good performances he will be starting. Very few safeties can show the blitzing and athletic ability that he did. He had two sacks where he jumped over the blocker to get to the QB. He had that close call before either one of them, Wallace was rolling out, about 10 to 12 yards behind the line of scrimmage and nearly got sacked by Bigby at the 1 or 2 yard line but was able to get rid of the ball. His athletic ability gives us one of the most athletic combos in the NFL at safety if he starts. That's a good thing with Harris and Woodson, two guys past their prime athletically at cornerback.

Last week what he did was miss two tackles, albeit two important ones. But he didn't have any coverage errors like we all thought at first. Reporters were questioning him last Monday non stop, Jarrett Bush, Will Blackmon interrupted and took the blame because of their coverage errors that made Bigby look terrible. Al Harris also stepped in and had his back.

Even if Bigby were to make the same exact amount of errors Manuel did last year I still want Bigby in there because of his athletic ability and instincts. He would make more impact plays than Manuel. I want the Flying Jamaican in there.

Other things I've noticed:

After being at camp earlier this week I can tell you Will Blackmon is one of the best athletes on the team and he can show it in games too. He locked up a roster spot last night.

Last night Korey Hall was right by the ball seemingly every time the Packers kicked it off or punted it. What they said about his special teams ability is definitely true.

No matter who is out there on the defensive line they are constantly owning the opposing team's offensive line. I'm not ready to say this group is the best I've seen or anything, but what stands out to me is that they get so much push past the line of scrimmage. It looks like they are eating up tons of blocks for the backers and safeties to make the tackle.

The switch of Jenkins and KGB has already definitely been a big reason they've had sacks against opposing left tackles. They've seen the power and quickness of Jenkins a lot then KGB comes in and uses speed. I think it will affect even the best Left Tackles. How bout that spin Jenkins has used twice? That thing is pretty.

I love these blitzes Bob Sanders has drawn up. It comes from every where. This leads me to my favorite plays which are next and this: I think AJ Hawk could have double digit sacks if they give him the opportunities. His acceleration and explosion is just amazing. Combine that with his relentlessness on any play and you have one of the best pass rushing 4-3 linebackers out there. Something I noticed while watching the defensive walk throughs at camp is Hawk blitzing, a lot. I hope this trend keeps up. Not only can he beat the backs easily. He can beat tackles too, for a 6'1" 240 pound linebacker that's very impressive these days. I remember that at least 2 of his 3.5 sacks last year were against a Left Tackle or Right Tackle.

My 3 favorite plays:

1. AJ Hawk looking like a 3-4 rush linebacker off the edge. Times the snap perfectly. Gets in front of the full back and if you watch closely, the full back has the slightest lean to the right in his blocking stance and Hawk seems to notice it milliseconds after it happens, I mean you barely notice it at all even if I pointed it out. Throws him completely out of the way to his left and sticks Wallace in the dirt.

2. Atari Bigby's first sack. Blitzes off the strong side, jumps over the blocking back and flies into Wallace like a damn Jamaican Barracuda. Knocks the ball loose and I think it was Barnett taking it for the TD.

3. Atari Bigby's second sack. Comes from the weak side jumps over the blocker again and sacks the QB. This guy is just fun to watch.

Looking at the playcalling of 38 pass attempts and 27 runs it seems that McCarthy knows his top 3 will be Jackson, Herron and Morency so he's been giving Jackson and Herron just enough touches to get some solid game action, and taking time to develop the passing game with guys like Rodgers and Jones cause he needs to see what works. The running game is more simple than the passing. I think the playcalling will be more balanced once the season starts.

Last edited by Nitschke-Hawk : 08-19-2007 at 12:37 PM.