Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2007, 06:15 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Brandon Jackson seems to be running like hes afraid of something outhere...he needs to hit the holes much quicker than that. C. White looked gret against the scrubs though...

Passing game will be fine, it even hs the potential to be awsome with 3 sure handed receivers but the running game...
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:10 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

was watching NFLTA he think that Robinson will come back to the packers
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
was watching NFLTA he think that Robinson will come back to the packers
and now are KR just got a boost

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:14 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
My god, the running game was awful tonight. Also, the backup OL couldn't protect A-Rod to save his life. Fortunately, the defense was solid, Barnett in particular. I think Bishop is the clear favorite to be the backup MLB, now.
It was a little bit of the OL not giving Aaron enough time and on some plays Aaron holding on to the ball too long and taking a sack.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whens morency get back?

Old 08-24-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
whens morency get back?
According to Rotowire Morency may be back and able to play against Tennessee in the last preseason game. He should be ready for the opener against Philadelphia.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

WOW! Just on ESPN First Take Skip Bayless and the other guy, whose name I can't remember, just said that the Packers will be lucky to go 8-8 and that Brett Favre is just playing for the records and his own personal legacy. I hate Skip!

Old 08-24-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
WOW! Just on ESPN First Take Skip Bayless and the other guy, whose name I can't remember, just said that the Packers will be lucky to go 8-8 and that Brett Favre is just playing for the records and his own personal legacy. I hate Skip!
Well they'll have a couple of those losses considering the Vikings will go 16-0. ;)
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Well they'll have a couple of those losses considering the Vikings will go 16-0. ;)
when you do a record it is supoose to go wins and losses not losses and wins :)

Old 08-24-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs...708240693/1989

Thank the lord.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

The defense really pulled back on the aggressiveness (blitzing) in this game

I guess they're thinking if teams wanna game plan towards their best stuff they'll have to go back to the Seattle game, if they even consider it.

Judging by the defensive players reaction post game they just wanted to work on precision and execution instead of trying exotic plays like the week before. It's good to see that the first team defense can be successful during the simple defense and letting their skills take over, like Barnett kept doing, and they also can switch it up and get after the opposition with aggressiveness.

Did anybody else notice the first starters out were Hawk and Barnett?? They kept Woodson and Harris in there, and I think the whole D line. I'm not upset or anything, but I was surprised by it. It was a curveball.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Found this on yahoo, not what i wanna hear...(sorry if its been posted)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...e&type=fantasy

Old 08-24-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh it shouldn't be too bad but obviously not a good thing that he got hurt

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Found this on yahoo, not what i wanna hear...(sorry if its been posted)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...e&type=fantasy
What? That's good news. Well, not good but it's not a season ender.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's good to see that we can play with teams like Jacksonville, Seattle, and Pittsburgh. Granted, it's only preseason, but we have looked very good defensively, pretty average on the ground, and I'd say good through the air.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/08/24/1/

first cuts. looks like they like paul thompson's versatility a lot. i think that terrible int by Ingle last night split the decision.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/08/24/1/

first cuts. looks like they like paul thompson's versatility a lot. i think that terrible int by Ingle last night split the decision.
I wouldn't say it's a lock for Thompson to make the team, and I'm not suprised by any of the cuts.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's a lock for Thompson to make the team, and I'm not suprised by any of the cuts.
Yeah, I think we probably will end up going with only Favre and Rodgers.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, I think we probably will end up going with only Favre and Rodgers.
It's probably what is best for the team. Especially when both QB's are playing at a pretty good level. It's really a shame that Ingle didn't turn out as most of us had been hoping last year. Oh well.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have some good news.
Quote:
FRIDAY, Aug. 24, 2007, 5:03 p.m.
By Bob McGinn</B>

Packers 'dodged one' with Driver's injury

Wide receiver Donald Driver's foot injury doesn't appear to be serious and he is expected to play for the Green Bay Packers Sept. 9 in their regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

"That's what we think will probably happen," Packers general manager Ted Thompson said today. "Pat (team physician Patrick McKenzie) thinks we dodged one. He said everything looks good. We'll do some additional scans just to make certain."

Driver, the team's best player the last two seasons, suffered a right foot sprain late in the second quarter last night in the Packers' 21-13 loss to Jacksonville at Lambeau Field.

He was driven from the field on a motorized cart and was unavailable to reporters after the game and today.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Thank you God!

Old 08-24-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was somewhat expecting Ingle to be cut before the season, but I'm surprised he was cut instead of/before Thompson.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank you God!
Brett Favre says your welcome.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I was somewhat expecting Ingle to be cut before the season, but I'm surprised he was cut instead of/before Thompson.
ingle got cut, i thought he was doing good?

Old 08-24-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

*bows at the feet of Driver thanking him for his health*