Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2007, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/28/3/

Morency going up and Jackson going down. Can things ever get easy for us?
Who knows, maybe this WILL be a good thing for us. Maybe Morency will have a monster game and take over as our clear-cut numero uno.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Who knows, maybe this WILL be a good thing for us. Maybe Morency will have a monster game and take over as our clear-cut numero uno.
Not against the Vikings. We're still going to throw it 50 times even with Morency back.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:56 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

looks like DeShawn Wynn & Vernand Morency are going to be our 2 back system

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...9970 3&spln=1

i like this thou because Wynn should have more carrys not to risk anything with Morency

good to see what hes made of
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I wish we were playing Detroit next week instead of the Bears so we could get a 2 game separation from them. But 4-0 I'll take it. I'd rather have the Lions one game behind than the Bears because everybody think the Bears have so much talent.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
I wish we were playing Detroit next week instead of the Bears so we could get a 2 game separation from them. But 4-0 I'll take it. I'd rather have the Lions one game behind than the Bears because everybody think the Bears have so much talent.
Nah, the bears are doomed now. They have no offense and their D isn't as good as in the past and is getting banged up. They're not a very good team this year, imo.

Good news is the Lions and Vikings are both weak, also, while the Pack looks very strong.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default O-line Personnel

Is it me or does anyone else think that maybe we have the wrong people coaching this o-line?

A lot of poster here have wrote that it takes time for players to learn this type of scheme like how it took time for the Broncos developed theres, but doesn't every school have some type of a zone blocking scheme in there playbook?

I was watched all of the Oakland games and fined it hard to believe that they can produce 100+ yards a game when its their FIRST YEAR under the zone blocking scheme

Here some of Lamont Jordan stats:

week 1: 20 att 70 yards 1 TD vs Lions
week 2: 25 att 159 yards vs Broncos
week 3: 29 att 121 yards 1 TD vs Browns
week 4: 15 att 74 yards vs Dolphins

I don't understand it he not even a one cut type running back and there back up Justin Fargas had a big game also with 22 att 179 yards.

So I ask you is it the o-line fault or is it the personnel that needs to be replaced so we can finally get our running game going.

I posted this on another site and would like to hear what you guys think about it. Should we fire the personnel?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is it me or does anyone else think that maybe we have the wrong people coaching this o-line?

A lot of poster here have wrote that it takes time for players to learn this type of scheme like how it took time for the Broncos developed theres, but doesn't every school have some type of a zone blocking scheme in there playbook?

I was watched all of the Oakland games and fined it hard to believe that they can produce 100+ yards a game when its their FIRST YEAR under the zone blocking scheme

I don't understand it he not even a one cut type running back and there back up Justin Fargas had a big game also with 22 att 179 yards.

So I ask you is it the o-line fault or is it the personnel that needs to be replaced so we can finally get our running game going.

I posted this on another site and would like to hear what you guys think about it. Should we fire the personnel?
Well we did lose Jeff Jagodzinski who was the mastermind behind installing the ZBS in Green Bay. I attribute much of the drop off of the O-line play to losing him. They played very well in their first year in it and they were rookies. You'd expect an improvement not a dropoff, but losing your OC hurts. I didn't expect it to have that big of an effect, but obviously it does.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Well we did lose Jeff Jagodzinski who was the mastermind behind installing the ZBS in Green Bay. I attribute much of the drop off of the O-line play to losing him. They played very well in their first year in it and they were rookies. You'd expect an improvement not a dropoff, but losing your OC hurts. I didn't expect it to have that big of an effect, but obviously it does.
and most of our linemen played in a zone blocking scheme or had some part of it in there playbook.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

I was really hoping that having Philbin getting promoted to OC would ease that but I guess I was wrong.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

what do you guys think about bringing in Howard Mudd for our Offensive Coordinator and Pete Metzelaars for ourOffensive Line Coach after this season? they have a bunch of young guys all over the o-line and only one being a day one pick I believe, also they run a ZBS/Power scheme.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I dont think the Raiders base their entire offense on zone blocking. There is plenty of man blocking going on in Oakland.

That being said I do think a healty mix of man and zone blocking is what every O-Line needs. Not everybody can end up like the Broncos.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
I dont think the Raiders base their entire offense on zone blocking. There is plenty of man blocking going on in Oakland.

That being said I do think a healty mix of man and zone blocking is what every O-Line needs. Not everybody can end up like the Broncos.
Not to mention the 4 defenses Oakland has faced are terrible at stoppping the run.

Lions, Broncos, Browns, Dolphins rank 20th, 31st, 30th, and 32nd against the run.

Giants, Eagles, Chargers, and Vikings are much more difficult to run against ranking 16th, 4th, 9th, and 1st.

Also a big factor is that we have absolutely no experience in our backfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Not to mention the 4 defenses Oakland has faced are terrible at stoppping the run.

Lions, Broncos, Browns, Dolphins rank 20th, 31st, 30th, and 32nd against the run.

Giants, Eagles, Chargers, and Vikings are much more difficult to run against ranking 16th, 4th, 9th, and 1st.

Also a big factor is that we have absolutely no experience in our backfield.
I understand that but consider how they were last year that a huge improvement over how we dropped off. Also you cant blame it 100% on JJ, that like blaming Jim Bates for how our defense is doing, doesn't work.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:50 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st: Packers 4-0! Whoot!

2nd: Favre = #1 in TDs, Atts, Completions, Wins and Consecutive Starts.

3rd: Receiving corp looking good. I am still hoping for Koren to come in and give a lift to the team with KR game and be the force he was on third downs. With Koren, JJ, DD and Jennings as the four WR set, Mouse Davis will be able to take over as the OC and we can run the run-and-shoot.

4th: Speaking of OC, Jeff Jagodzinski didn't just install the ZBS, he installed the Alex Gibbs ZBS. What's the difference? The difference is that a ZBS just sends guys out to block a particular zone, and if there's no one there, they go find someone else. The Gibbs ZBS teaches a particular method of cut-blocking that falls within NFL rules, barely. If the cut-blocking is happening on the back side of the play, then all those big 340 lb. DTs getting knocked to the ground and having a 295 pound guy launch into their quad (and knee) eventually makes them tired, hurt and scared about getting cut. We have the personnel to run the Gibbs ZBS, but I worry about how the instruction is going. I would LOVE to bring in Gibbs as a consultant for the scheme.

5th: The Bears STILL Suck!!! Strike up the band: http://www.jibjab.com/view/10084
Old 10-01-2007, 07:17 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the WSJ
Quote:
Special teams coordinator Mike Stock initially called for the fake, but it was called off when the Vikings put eight rushers close to the line of scrimmage. The only problem? Ryan didn't hear the change.

"So I was pretty much the only person who thought it was still a fake. So when I went to pass, there was no one there to pass to," said Ryan, who was supposed to have a receiver in the right flat. "So I tucked it and ran. We made the best of it, I guess, but hopefully it doesn't happen again.''
That had to be my favorite play of the game.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Jon Ryan looked like Jim Taylor breaking those tackles.

------------------------------------

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/26158...5397277B4DC33E
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:06 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the words of Brett Favre after the win at the Metro dome during his locker room speech...

" 4-0, let's keep this **** going!"

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Ok many might think this sounds stupid but hear me out.

Many people have said that both Tauscher and Cilfton are not made for the zone blocking scheme and so far its true, many have even said both of them might not like to cut block so why not in a game vs a damage bears defense lets replace Cilfton with Colledge then shift Spitz to LG and have Coston or Barbre at right guard? then we can see how our much of a difference our cut blocking by our tackles will do?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Many people have said that both Tauscher and Cilfton are not made for the zone blocking scheme and so far its true, many have even said both of them might not like to cut block so why not in a game vs a damage bears defense lets replace Cilfton with Colledge then shift Spitz to LG and have Coston or Barbre at right guard? then we can see how our much of a difference our cut blocking by our tackles will do?
Will never happen. Even just in theory, why make a major change like that on a team that is 4-0?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I heard you out, and I still thought it sounded stupid. No offense, but why would we replace a great LT who has played the position on our team for years and essentially replace his presence with Coston or Babre who are both young and inexperienced?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

So whats the word with Koren Robinson is he commin back after this weeks game?
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
1st: Packers 4-0! Whoot!

2nd: Favre = #1 in TDs, Atts, Completions, Wins and Consecutive Starts.

3rd: Receiving corp looking good. I am still hoping for Koren to come in and give a lift to the team with KR game and be the force he was on third downs. With Koren, JJ, DD and Jennings as the four WR set, Mouse Davis will be able to take over as the OC and we can run the run-and-shoot.

4th: Speaking of OC, Jeff Jagodzinski didn't just install the ZBS, he installed the Alex Gibbs ZBS. What's the difference? The difference is that a ZBS just sends guys out to block a particular zone, and if there's no one there, they go find someone else. The Gibbs ZBS teaches a particular method of cut-blocking that falls within NFL rules, barely. If the cut-blocking is happening on the back side of the play, then all those big 340 lb. DTs getting knocked to the ground and having a 295 pound guy launch into their quad (and knee) eventually makes them tired, hurt and scared about getting cut. We have the personnel to run the Gibbs ZBS, but I worry about how the instruction is going. I would LOVE to bring in Gibbs as a consultant for the scheme.

5th: The Bears STILL Suck!!! Strike up the band: http://www.jibjab.com/view/10084
NO, HE IS OURS!!!!!!! And as much as I love the Packers, they can't have him. No Jerry Glanville either.

|
|
|
|
\ /
Old 10-02-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Jackson expected to return this week? Hopefully once him and Morency are healthy we can get some sort of a running game going.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm stealing this great idea from toonster over on the Bears Discussion thread. He said that if you could choose only ten players from the current roster to keep on the 2008 roster, who would you choose and why? He also listed some of the major ones that he didn't choose and why he didn't. Very interesting idea and I think it is even more interesting with a team like the Packers who has such a youthful core. I'll post mine tomorrow. See what you can come up with.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Real Quicky:
Favre
Driver
Jennings
Clifton
Colledge

Kampman
Cullen
AJ
Barnett
Atari or Collins, Atari's looked better recently

Who I wouldnt