Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2007, 05:44 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default Packers' popularity holds fourth in national poll

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=670370
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

10 for 08:

Favre (need I say more)

Driver (same as above)

Jennings (should have a big year)

Clifton (still our best and most important O linemen, especially passing over 40 times a game)

Colledge (Should have a big year, will enter his prime)

Hawk (Duh)

Barnett (duh)

Kampman (duh)

Jenkins (the guy is not only good, he plays really hard and through injuries and fills two roles for us)

Harris (Still should be really good, aside from being kinda injured this year his athletic ability hasn't noticeably dropped off since he got here, so he should be the same)
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright here is my ten in no specific order.

1.) Aaron Kampman - The cornerstone to our defense in my mind, one of the top players at his position and he can get pressure on the QB and stuff the run. Oh, he's also 27.

2.) Cullen Jenkins - A rising star in this league and with him and Kampman, the Packers have two ends who will be stars in this league for a long time.

3.) AJ Hawk - Simply a stud on defense and will continue to have in impact as a Packer for years to come.

4.) Nick Barnett - Too young and talented to not put on this list. Big part of a linebacking core that is fast approaching being great.

5.) Al Harris - A seemingly ageless shutdown corner is something anyteam could want. Also a fan favorite that is very fun to watch to say the least.

6.) Atari Bigby - Sure, he is quite young and is making mistakes at time but that's all part of the learning curve of being an NFL player. Plus there's no other way to put it other than he is an impact player who affects games with his big plays.

7.) Chad Clifton - A great left tackle who is essential to having a successful passing game as was noted by Nitschke-Hawk. Still has some gas in the tank.

8.) Daryn Colledge - If we're ever to get some run game established a run game is essential and he has a great future and is improving at the moment.

9.) Donald Driver - Essentially he is to the offense what Al Harris is to the defense. Seemingly ageless, a playmaker, and a top player at his position. Without him our passing game would be in shambles. Truly an example of what a NFL player should be in every aspect.

10.) Brett Favre - Before the start of this season he without a doubt would not have been on my list. In fact, Rodgers might have made it over him. But with his incredibly leadership, a lively arm, and the passion that drives this team he is without a doubt the most important player on our roster right now. And it shows. Doesn't mean I am down on Aaron Rodgers, I'm very eager to see what he can do when he has the offense handed over to him but right now this is Favre's team and anyone to say otherwise would have to be insane. They live for this guy.

Comments: Obviously I went for a defensive approach as I think it is the right way to win games if you want to win them at the end of the year and in January. And Jennings was close to making this list but I thought that Atari's contribution to the safety position and his potential for next year were just a little above Jennings. That and the whole defensive thing.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

there been talks about Ricky Williams lately and seem the Packers have been put in the talks because of our run game

to be honest i would trade a 6th round pick for him, but do i think the Packers will no, do i think he can help yes

do i think hes a distraction, from what i hear he barley talks so not really

for a 6th round pick i think hes worth it... but he is said to most probly be cut
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
there been talks about Ricky Williams lately and seem the Packers have been put in the talks because of our run game

to be honest i would trade a 6th round pick for him, but do i think the Packers will no, do i think he can help yes

do i think hes a distraction, from what i hear he barley talks so not really

for a 6th round pick i think hes worth it... but he is said to most probly be cut
he will be cut for three reasons.

1. He has ruined his and the Dolphins image.
2. He has to chance of playing for them
3. They will not keep his contract and his and have him as the third running back.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
he will be cut for three reasons.

1. He has ruined his and the Dolphins image.
2. He has to chance of playing for them
3. They will not keep his contract and his and have him as the third running back.
Plus he's not the same back he was when he was in his prime. I wouldn't be surprised if he never got another carry in the NFL.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

www.packers.com shows new depth chart

DeShawn Wynn starting at RB
Johnny Jolly starting at DT
Old 10-03-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
www.packers.com shows new depth chart

DeShawn Wynn starting at RB
Johnny Jolly starting at DT
Not sure why you made a special note for Jolly. He's started 3 of the 4 games and and the starting DTs are decided by the matchups.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why isn't Corey Williams the started?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
why isn't Corey Williams the started?
Did you read my post directly above yours? Have you been watching the Packers games? Not trying to be mean, but come on now.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we have a real chance of being 8-3 to even 11-0 going into Dallas.
There will always be mess up games, but when I look at our sched i have a close to unreasonable optimisim that we could go 16-0

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Not sure why you made a special note for Jolly. He's started 3 of the 4 games and and the starting DTs are decided by the matchups.
nothing special just updating
Old 10-03-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre for obvious reasons.
Driver also for obvious reasons.
Clifton- we need a veteran LT.
Jones- I really, really, really like this kid. He's going to be a top WR.
Kampman- Among the best in the game.
Hawk- My favorite Packer, and he's going to be a star.
Harris- I'd love to keep Harris and Woodson, because they're very important to our D, but I can live with just Harris.
Barnett- Really blossoming this year.
Jenkins- Good against the run, can still get pressure.
Pickett- It was really a toss-up between him and Jolly. As you can see, I'm a strong believer in building around your front 7. I think a base of Barnett, Hawk, Kampman, Jenkins and Pickett is a great start to a defense.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 10-03-2007 at 09:26 PM.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been thinking about this for a while now. How cool would it be to see the Packers line up in a 3-4 from time to time?

KGB-Hawk-Barnett-Hunter
Jenkins-Pickett-Kampman

or

KGB-Hawk-Barnett-Kampman
Jenkins-Pickett-Williams

I really like the second one if Kampman would be able to play SOLB in a 3-4. I'm not talking about a full out change to the 3-4, because our team doesn't match it that well, but I think this line-up could actually work at times if we want to mix it up a little.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I've been thinking about this for a while now. How cool would it be to see the Packers line up in a 3-4 from time to time?

KGB-Hawk-Barnett-Hunter
Jenkins-Pickett-Kampman

or

KGB-Hawk-Barnett-Kampman
Jenkins-Pickett-Williams

I really like the second one if Kampman would be able to play SOLB in a 3-4. I'm not talking about a full out change to the 3-4, because our team doesn't match it that well, but I think this line-up could actually work at times if we want to mix it up a little.
That'd be completely pointless and 10 times worse than our 4-3.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
That'd be completely pointless and 10 times worse than our 4-3.
But fun. :D
Old 10-03-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We already have a top defense, why change it?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

The Jets signed Clowney off of our practice squad.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
returner with the injury to Justin Miller???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Ahh crap, gotta tell my mom, she got his autograph at Training Camp and has looked for him all the time when we're watching something involving the Packers.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
g-a-y

dfafdafdfa

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blackmon broke his foot.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/10/04/2/

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Good thing we addressed the position in the off-season.....haha

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Damnit Blackmon just can't stay healthy why why why????
Old 10-04-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Out for season, placed on IR. I'd like to sign Dendy back if he's available.