Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking to resign Lee.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=681978
I hope we do, he's starting to become a good player. I didn't realize Bubba was going to cost that much next year(4.5mil ). He's picked it up a bit from last year, but I can't see him with us next year.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
After last year's draft success, this years is starting to look like we struck out on the first 2 choices.

-Harrell is injured but we dont need him anyway. I'd like to know why did we draft this guy? Even if he turns out to be good, we should have used this pick on a corner or a TE. When you think that Olsen and Aaron Ross were available...yeah it hurts.

-Brandon Jackson was a need and we had to draft a RB but i'd like to know what the scouts saw in him to draft him in the second round? In all the games ive seen, i wouldnt be able to tell anybody what type of back he is. Is he a speedster? Slasher? Elusive? He hasnt shown anything in games where he had many carries. He is still very young but i fail to see any kind of upside in him. I'd like to know what type of back was he when he was in college...If somebody knows, please tell me, id appreciate a lot.
Harrell is being given time to develop as a player thanks to good DT depth but dont be surprised if he's in there as a starter in a year or two. I still woulda rather drafted a corner, true.

Jackson looked really good on the tape I saw. He wasn't a speedster but had a strong burst through the hole and was a slashing runner with a lot of wiggle to throw defenders off. I really liked his college tape and I'm surprised how poorly he has done.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come Join
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...play.php?f=102

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Looking to resign Lee.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=681978
I hope we do, he's starting to become a good player. I didn't realize Bubba was going to cost that much next year(4.5mil ). He's picked it up a bit from last year, but I can't see him with us next year.
Well when we did sign him, if I remember right his contract was like the 3rd biggest for TE's at the time. So yeah, we're funneling quite a bit of money into him...
Old 11-03-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DILLON GETTING READY TO RETURN?

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that veteran running back Corey Dillon, who has previously rebuffed inquiries regarding his availability, is receptive to the idea of returning to the Patriots or signing with another playoff contender, such as the Packers.

Dillion, who last played for the Patriots in 2006, is training in preparation for a comeback.

He won a Super Bowl in 2004 with the Patriots, and he would be a great addition to a team without many/any guys who have championship rings on their fingers.

In this regard, we're getting very intrigued by what the Packers might be able to do in the postseason, especially if they could get Dillon to shore up the position. At a time when everyone with a pulse believes that Sunday's game between the Pats and the Colts is a preview of an AFC title game between the same two teams and that the winner of the rematch will seize the Lombardi Trophy without breaking a sweat, we like the idea of Brett Favre sliding a stone into his slingshot and catching Goliath in the gonads.

So he wants to join us now huh. No thanks.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
DILLON GETTING READY TO RETURN?

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that veteran running back Corey Dillon, who has previously rebuffed inquiries regarding his availability, is receptive to the idea of returning to the Patriots or signing with another playoff contender, such as the Packers.

Dillion, who last played for the Patriots in 2006, is training in preparation for a comeback.

He won a Super Bowl in 2004 with the Patriots, and he would be a great addition to a team without many/any guys who have championship rings on their fingers.

In this regard, we're getting very intrigued by what the Packers might be able to do in the postseason, especially if they could get Dillon to shore up the position. At a time when everyone with a pulse believes that Sunday's game between the Pats and the Colts is a preview of an AFC title game between the same two teams and that the winner of the rematch will seize the Lombardi Trophy without breaking a sweat, we like the idea of Brett Favre sliding a stone into his slingshot and catching Goliath in the gonads.

So he wants to join us now huh. No thanks.
So we're too good for Dillon then you're thinking? Yeah, I mean we definitely have our RB position filled with the sure to be superstar Ryan Grant, why should we even think of bringing in a veteran with vast experience to help contribute....
Old 11-03-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Well when we did sign him, if I remember right his contract was like the 3rd biggest for TE's at the time. So yeah, we're funneling quite a bit of money into him...
I don't really think it's a problem as long as we're so far under the cap.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does Dillon wanna sign this year? or next?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
So does Dillon wanna sign this year? or next?
This year...

I'm not sure he's worth picking up. He's at most an average back now and I don't think he would really add much to this team.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I don't really think it's a problem as long as we're so far under the cap.
As long as that's the situation its fine. It's still a lot to be paying for his services though. But oh well.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of Ben Troupe? He will be a FA this year and looks like he might hit the market. He not involved with the offense in Tennessee and might want to get more money and get to play more.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/72514...0A659CEC4C8CB6

Let Bubba stay or go then bring in Troupe and keep Lee. But I would rather keep Bubba because he more of a redzone threat
Old 11-03-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
So we're too good for Dillon then you're thinking? Yeah, I mean we definitely have our RB position filled with the sure to be superstar Ryan Grant, why should we even think of bringing in a veteran with vast experience to help contribute....
Yeah we should bring in a running back who is done, slow, not in football shape, and that doesn't fit our scheme. Dillon done, let to move on.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm liking this "underdog" role. It seems as if it's been that way for awhile now...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i would'nt mind giving him some money we are not a poor team
its not like he can hurt the team in any way
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is such an exciting team to watch.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
This is such an exciting team to watch.
That's for sure. But I'm sure of this. I'm glad I have a good heart because of how intense and close these games are.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7-1.........I would have never thought we would be in this position after Week 9, but we've been able to pull out these close games with #4 just using some of that magic

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

I had nothing to do so I was making jersey changes and this is what i came up with.

HOME-

AWAY-

what do you guys think?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Stewart would be a great fit in Green Bay. Unfortunately I don't see him falling to where we will be picking.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Stewart would be a great fit in Green Bay. Unfortunately I don't see him falling to where we will be picking.
Which is 31st right?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

what do u think of the uniform change? I like it better over the light yellow.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Which is 31st right?
No 32nd!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
No 32nd!!!!!!
There are only 31 picks in the first round therefore 31=Superbowl champs.;)
Old 11-04-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
There are only 31 picks in the first round therefore 31=Superbowl champs.;)
32nd position, not selection :)

Old 11-04-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Would have been a better point before Robinson came back, but look where we're getting our recievers from:

Donald Driver-Alcorn State
Greg Jennings-Western Michigan
James Jones-San Jose State
Ruvell Martin-Saginaw Valley State

That's pretty crazy when you think about it.