Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
Crumpler from the Falcons would be someone I'd take a look at.
I'm sure Crumpler will look to go somewhere where his going to start like Minnesota. In Green Bay he has to compete with Donald Lee and I think management will only invest so much in the tight end position and by adding Crumpler that would exceed the amount we want to add to the position

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'm sure Crumpler will look to go somewhere where his going to start like Minnesota. In Green Bay he has to compete with Donald Lee and I think management will only invest so much in the tight end position and by adding Crumpler that would exceed the amount we want to add to the position
yeah, he isnt gonna come here and even if he did the way he played last year I dont think he'd be an upgrade over Lee or anything..
Old 02-15-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crumple is too old for the Packers youth movment, and they already have a old TE in Bubba. The Packers have Lee as a receiving end, so Crumpler is not needed. It would be a much better idea to upgrade the position for the future through the draft. Also, don't forget that the Packers have Humphrey coming back this season who was doing very well before getting hurt.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea Im not really for or against signing Crumpler, maybe If we hold onto to Franks as well at a reduced salary, just because Crump isn't well known for his blocking. I'd much rather see us grab a more versatile TE Like Ben Utecht who can block and catch. Although we are going against a lot of Cover 2 this year so having a couple field stretching Tightends would help.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Alge wasn't really a cap casualty but cut because he had work ethic problems (in addition to ATL rebuilding). Doesn't sound like the kind of guy we would give a decent sized contract to, which he would probably require.

Random Falcon Fan Quote:
Quote:
Crumpler: Getting older, injury plagued, and he is grossly overweight. Drops a ton of balls. He is a product of Mike Vick. He's nothing more then average now.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 02-15-2008 at 06:37 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
Now I said that how about the Pack signing Crumpler, you guys opposed to it? Or would except it with open arms? He was just cut today by the Falcons, we have the money and even though he was banged up last year, he is still a treat in the passing game. I like Lee but im also a big Alge fan, and then we can dump Bubba.
So you want to cut Franks because he's old and not the same player but want to sign Crumpler? Crumpler's 30, just like Franks, and had injurie to his foot, ankle, and knee last year and has an injury history. To be honest I think Crumpler is overated. He's a product of Mike Vick, and the fact that the Falcons never had even a half decent WR in his time there. Besides being a little faster Crumpler is a rather similar player to Bubba. Franks was criticized for dropping some passes, but Crumpler's hands have been even worse as of late. Franks is a better blocker and a better redzone threat. At 6-6 Bubba's a big target and a tough matchup while Crumpler's only 6-2. 6-2 is good size for a WR, but for a tight end it's on the short side. Which brings me to my next point, both weigh about 265. For a tall guy like Franks that's good, but for a guy of Alge's height it's out of shape.

To do what you suggested would be an insane amount of money to waste. Not only would we have to give Crumpler a fat contract (He's still clearly the best TE available and there are some teams with a huge need at that position), but we'd take a big cap penalty from releasing Franks. Not to mention that Alge wouldn't want to come here. He wouldn't start over Donald Lee, but would be the #1 elsewhere. I think we'll see him end up in Seattle.

I had more written, but my internet page froze and I was forced to close it and retype the response. :(
Old 02-15-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Crumpler would be a great fit for Minnesota: They have have an "athletic" QB that is not a very good passer, their WRs blow dog, he's older and brittle and they'll sign him to an outrageous contract and he'll tank for them. What's not to like?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one guy I want TT signing in Willams, safety from the bengals, then move Rouse to OLB. were I saw him play a lot this year, because of Collins injury.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
The one guy I want TT signing in Willams, safety from the bengals, then move Rouse to OLB. were I saw him play a lot this year, because of Collins injury.
Can you re-word that please? I can't understand what you're trying to say.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
sign Madieu Williams, and move Rouse to LOLB where he lined up a lot during Nick Collins injury......
Old 02-17-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Madieu Williams from the Bengals. Seems like an average/above average player. I'd stick with what we've got and maybe draft a guy.

Aaron Rouse would then move to OLB after the signing, which I think is a horrible move. The transition would never work mentally.

As for Rouse playing at OLB due to Collins' injury, I don't know.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
sign Madieu Williams, and move Rouse to LOLB where he lined up a lot during Nick Collins injury......
Rouse never played OLB so I don't know how you saw him play a lot there last year.

Williams doesn't seem like an upgrade to me. I'd rather give Collins another year to prove himself. Also if the Bengals don't want him that's something to be concerned with.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rouse never played OLB so I don't know how you saw him play a lot there last year.

Williams doesn't seem like an upgrade to me. I'd rather give Collins another year to prove himself. Also if the Bengals don't want him that's something to be concerned with.
yeah their defense sucks

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:

I saw Rouse lined up with the linebackers a couple of times this year. I think one of the games was when we faced the Vikings and Peterson got hurt.

As for Williams, he is a major upgrade at the SS spot thats for sure, and you could move him to SS or move Collins to SS. Williams fits what the packers want out of the Safeties, he can cover very well and could also tackle if needed(had 100+ one season.) As for the Bengals not signing him part, why would Williams want to go back? their a mess from the GM, coaches, and players. He may want out and trust me, he doesn't fit the image of the Bengals...
Old 02-17-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packman is right, rouse did play OLB in a few packages last year. It wasn't too often that he did, but he certainly did.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Packman is right, rouse did play OLB in a few packages last year. It wasn't too often that he did, but he certainly did.
No, he didn't. He came up a few yards from where the FS normally plays against the Vikings and even played almost a bump and run against the tight end close to the line of scrimmage a couple times, but no he never lined up at OLB.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
No, he didn't. He came up a few yards from where the FS normally plays against the Vikings and even played almost a bump and run against the tight end close to the line of scrimmage a couple times, but no he never lined up at OLB.
Ive seen him line up with the other 3 linebackers, I'm saying he lined up at the linebacker position during games. They must of ran some short of a 46 defense, but what ever it was, he was with the linebackers.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah he did. I actually never noticed it during the game, but Packersnews even made a comment about it when they did a story covering him. I'll see if I can find it.

they get smoked.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:21 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Rouse's instincts and I like him a whole lot more than Bigby. Bigby would be a fine back-up, but he's a back-up. For all the big hits and being in the right place to intercept the tipped ball, he was still regularly used in coverage and the SS spot yet again gave up the most TD passes on the team. He had some of the same questions Greg Blue had coming out: LB or DB? I would like to keep Rouse at DB and have him earn the job in camp at SS.

Unless there's a quality SS that gets cut due to cap reasons, I'd much rather find a guy in the draft to shore up the position and provide competition for that SS spot and depth at the FS spot. Charlie Peprah is a special teamer, nothing more. We need more.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

would like to get your oppions
2nd Round Pick for Lito CB
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
At the age of 26 I say yes; he's got about 7 more solid years left and if Harris or Woodson would go down we would have a very reliable backup and eventual replacement

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he does have knee problems, soooo...

Old 02-18-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm one of the biggest Rouse fans on this forum but I don't know if you can take away Bigby's starting spot that quickly. It was his rookie year and he had a bunch of interceptions and came up big in the playoffs...also improved steadily as the year went on and had a lot of support from teammates on defense. Best guy in camp wins it I guess.

I don't think Collins is safe at this point anymore. He's been pretty average and disappears sometimes, doesn't make many plays and hasn't really improved since being a rookie. Not sure on what differences there are between FS and SS and how Rouse fits them though...didn't he play there when Collins was hurt though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I would love that trade, not gonna get a player like him at the end of the second round, that's for sure. Assuming Lito would want a new contract with the trade, I think we might have to move him or Woodson to safety temporarily, but if he'd stay on the rookie contract for a few years it would probably be an acceptable deal for a nickel CB.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 02-18-2008 at 11:23 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I'm one of the biggest Rouse fans on this forum but I don't know if you can take away Bigby's starting spot that quickly. It was his rookie year and he had a bunch of interceptions and came up big in the playoffs...also improved steadily as the year went on and had a lot of support from teammates on defense. Best guy in camp wins it I guess.

I don't think Collins is safe at this point anymore. He's been pretty average and disappears sometimes, doesn't make many plays and hasn't really improved since being a rookie. Not sure on what differences there are between FS and SS and how Rouse fits them though...didn't he play there when Collins was hurt though?
Im down with that plan, i dont even think we should draft another Safety this year. (Unless its a guy like Reggie Smith) The 3 will get better through competition with eachother. Maybe Collins hasnt improved since he was a rookie because no one ever challenged him for his spot. I mean think of all the crappy Safties to pass through here

Old 02-19-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Im down with that plan, i dont even think we should draft another Safety this year. (Unless its a guy like Reggie Smith) The 3 will get better through competition with eachother. Maybe Collins hasnt improved since he was a rookie because no one ever challenged him for his spot. I mean think of all the crappy Safties to pass through here
Depends on who's available. If a guy like Phillips is there, I'd be all for it.

they get smoked.