Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/282...kers011rv4.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7...kers020yu3.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9...kers027jh1.jpg

A few pics I took from my seat. Just got back from Chipotle, sweet sweet victory. :D

EDIT: sorry about the pics. just use the link.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Great game today.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if Vernand Morency's contract is up this year?
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:03 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Great game today.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if Vernand Morency's contract is up this year?
I have absolutly no idea but I think they should resign him, he's a great change of pace runner but I don't think he could ever be counted on to be the premeir back
Old 11-12-2006, 09:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/ph...meId=261112016

love the pic, but take a look at what the bottem says.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?photoId=1355119&gameId=261112016

I think Favre's looking to go out on a positive note, and I think this team has the chance to end on a positive record. I don't blame Farve if he's looking at everything in a last chance manner.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:41 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?photoId=1355119&gameId=261112016

look on the last page.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Jmohr107
Rookie

Jmohr107 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Great game today.

Morency's contract expires after the 2007 season
Jmohr107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:09 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmohr107
Quote:
Great game today.

Morency's contract expires after the 2007 season
Here's some linkage.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one else on here watch the Fox 6 Blitz?
Old 11-13-2006, 03:34 AM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

dc22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

dc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:17 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nov 12 Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy says the franchise is doing whatever it has to do to convince QB Brett Favre to return for the 2007 season. McCarthy said, "I think these next eight games will decide it for him. It all depends how things go down the stretch." The team is giving him his own office at the team's complex so he can spend longer hours a work. McCarthy and general manager Ted Thompson would like for Favre to make a decision soon after the season ends instead of the long, drawn-out decision process that occurred after the 2005 season. "That's why these next eight games are so important to him. But this off-season he'll know who his receivers will be, he'll know who his o-line will be. He'll have a better sense of who we're building with," said McCarthy.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/226400/5

It might not be the best thing for A-Rod's development, but if Favre continues to play in the McCarthy system and keeping the turnovers down, I'd love to see Brett come back in 2007.

The O-line is improving tremendously. Philbin, Campen and Fontenot are doing a heck of a job. Yet another game with no sacks given up, even though there were three rookies and a third year center. Hopefully Koren comes back in shape, Ahman Green will hopefully be back to battle Morency and maybe a rookie RB, maybe another rookie WR could be a find like Jennings. With some additions to the defense, the overall team will be better.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:38 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

so I live in KY and couldnt see the game, what is everyone think of the game? who looked good and who looked bad? because i am not seeing too much on ESPN.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:36 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner
so I live in KY and couldnt see the game, what is everyone think of the game? who looked good and who looked bad? because i am not seeing too much on ESPN.
It was a good solid win. Not dominating but could have been minus some blown coverages. Penalties were kept to a minimum, no turnovers, farve played good, Driver awsome as usual, Hawk is looking more and more of a beast, I guess I expected this type of game
Old 11-13-2006, 09:08 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, did anyone else see peter king from SI on the NBC haltime show say that McCarthy said Favre has 2 good years left? i want Favre back next year. more so than last year.

great game....i was in Minnesota with some of my wife's relatives...they're all die hard viking fans, so it was great watching the game with 'em
we left right after the game and got to listen to Vikings Sports Radio on the way home...that was equally awesome.

just real impressed with how they played yesterday. good solid win.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:09 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey, i get to ditch the ball burglar today....awesome.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
who's got it now?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:26 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
Quote:
who's got it now?
nobody...i lost a bet with rob schubert...had to wear it for a week. week's over. back to the Pabst.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so, did anyone else see peter king from SI on the NBC haltime show say that McCarthy said Favre has 2 good years left? i want Favre back next year. more so than last year.

great game....i was in Minnesota with some of my wife's relatives...they're all die hard viking fans, so it was great watching the game with 'em
we left right after the game and got to listen to Vikings Sports Radio on the way home...that was equally awesome.

i really hopes he does too, but i think the pack may have a rough couple weeks comming up.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
If Harris gets traded we can move Collins to CB
what? if anything i say we dump manuel and bring in landry or zbikowski. i believe zbikowski can be used as a polomalu type safety so that wouldnt be bad to have
zbikowski is trash in coverage
manuel isnt?
Manuel is playing good, he's awesome in the run game, made 3 tackles around the line of scrimmage yesterday. And I've gone back to think about the miscommunication stuff, most of it's been between Al Harris and Nick Collins for whatever reason.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:20 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

i really hopes he does too, but i think the pack may have a rough couple weeks comming up.
yeah, after watching what the Patriots did to the Vikings a couple weeks ago, I thought the Packers had no chance...but now that I know that the Vikings are a garbage team.....I am still not optimistic, but there's a chance.

I think the goal for this year should be 8-8 at this point. and to get there, they'll HAVE to beat a good team...New England, Seattle or Chicago. And, of course they'll have to take care of business against Detroit, San Fran, Minnesota. and i don't know which category to put the Jets in.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

A few keys to winning this game:

1. Attacking the terrible Patriots secondary successfully.

2. Slowing down the Patriots run game.

3. Win the turnover battle. If there's one thing a veteran team like the Patriots thrive on to get wins, it's winning the turnover battle. And on top of that, it's been proven this year that if mistakes are limited we can compete with anybody and have a good shot at winning against teams we can beat.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

3. Win the turnover battle. If there's one thing a veteran team like the Patriots thrive on to get wins, it's winning the turnover battle. And on top of that, it's been proven this year that if mistakes are limited we can compete with anybody and have a good shot at winning against teams we can beat.

4.Pray
Fixed.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:52 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

4.Pray

Fixed.
that is not only breaking a forum rule, but its also contradictory...remember, we're Packer fans....Favre is God. and he's already doing all he can without us praying to him.
8)
Old 11-13-2006, 02:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

4.Pray

Fixed.
that is not only breaking a forum rule, but its also contradictory...remember, we're Packer fans....Favre is God. and he's already doing all he can without us praying to him.
8)
oh man BF51 is soooo funny, but yes your right about favre.

they get smoked.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

We all should be rooting for the Bucs to beat the 4-4 Panthers tonight. We are only 1 game out of the playoffs...
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote