Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know he looked alright and everything but Jennings is completely ok right? I did not like to see that at all or what appeared to be a piece of **** sitting on him for what seemed like awhile after he went down. Maybe it was just because I was in shock and hoping he was alright that time appeared to be moving slower.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I know he looked alright and everything but Jennings is completely ok right? I did not like to see that at all or what appeared to be a piece of **** sitting on him for what seemed like awhile after he went down. Maybe it was just because I was in shock and hoping he was alright that time appeared to be moving slower.
He suffered a concussion. Jennings said he was knocked out for a few seconds too. He's not going to play next week but should be good to go for the season opener.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Smith's INt celebration.

Greene's too.

The quality on this guy's youtube it great.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cut time.

The Packers have cut Stryker Sulak, JaRon Harris and......Durant Brooks.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year was a truly phenomenal draft for us.

Raji: I've had him as a multiple pro bowler since before the draft and he's moving along that path.
Matthews: Don't know yet - barely played so far
Lang: Pretty average but the OL take years to develop
Johnson: I like his intensity and he is a much better blocker than Hall or Kuhn. Really shows up in the running game between the tackles and in the red zone.
Meredith: See Lang
Wynn: I thought he was a developmental player but he is getting sacks and holding the spot from the 3-4 DE spot. Played against some inferior talent but if he plays like that against backups, then (as a young rookie) he is a good backup at minimum.
Underwood: I haven't heard much of anything about him but in all 3 preseason games he really impressed me. He looks the part physically, he's fast, and he stays with his receivers really well. QBs have been avoiding him. He really stood out at the game I went to because I could see him on his guy like glue forcing the QB to look to the other side of the field. You miss that watching TV.
Jones: The other late round pick that's really performing, he's been around the ball a lot and done a decent job covering.

There isn't a guy I want to cut out of this rookie class. Everyone has been very, very impressive except for the 2 OL and Matthews. I'm usually not this cheery about draft classes, especially 6th and 7th rounders. It's going to be hard stashing any of these guys on the practice squad and whoever gets cut will probably be our opponent in the very near future.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They haven't even played a game yet.

Raji's rush has looked good, but he's looked less than stellar vs the Run in preseason so far. He's still got work to do.

Clay hasn't seen the feild.

No one else will likely start aside from injury.

I agree the potential is there, but it's still premature. I, myself am excited about J Wynn.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raji - Like Title Town said, he hasn't been as stout verse the rush. But he's only been practicing and playing for a few weeks now. I still think he's going to be a stud for us as a rookie.

Matthews - He seems to have passed Jermey Thompson because they moved Thompson to LOLB. Only Poppinga stands in Matthews way and thats just a matter of time. I think he's going to be descent but I don't see stud pass rusher written on him.

Lang - He's versitile and ultimately I think his future could be at guard. Possibly LG if Colledge shifts over after this season.

Johnson - He's made some good hit but overall I just haven't been impressed yet. I think he gets a spot based on potential but both Hall and Kuhn are better special teams players so I could even see him getting cut.

Meredith - For a guy with so much starting experience he seems pretty raw as a prospect. I'd like to see him as our LT of the future but realistically he just hasn't performed. Is that enough to earn him a roster spot?

Wynn - I thought TT just took a flier on a guy who could fit the scheme. But I've been really impressed with Wynn so far and his size allows versitality in our 3-4 and nickel schemes.

Underwood - Haven't really seen or heard much on him. With Pat Lee and Blackmon dinged up he might have a chance to make the team. If he can play some safety it would eliminate Jarrett Bush.

Jones - When healthy he's looked good. I guess his job really depends on how many LBs we carry. So far its Barnett, Hawk, Matthews, Kampman, Chillar, Poppinga, and Bishop. Danny Lansanah was a favorite last year and theres some versitality with Spencer Havner but I'd like to see more of what Jones can do.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Primate
Rookie

Primate hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Guys, what on the Earth happened to Bigby? He doesn't look at all like the same player from the playoffs.
Primate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Guys, what on the Earth happened to Bigby? He doesn't look at all like the same player from the playoffs.
Who knows? He hasn't been the same player since his injuries last season. Maybe it's the role the coaches have asked of him so far? I'd be nice to have him back.

OTOH, Smith has been playing fairly well.

they get smoked.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Who knows? He hasn't been the same player since his injuries last season. Maybe it's the role the coaches have asked of him so far? I'd be nice to have him back.

OTOH, Smith has been playing fairly well.
I thought Bigby would thrive in this new defense but so far he has been a dissapointment to me. Hes not a player with the most football IQ outhere but i thought he would excel as a blitzer because of his style and we havent seen any of this so far. Smith has been a surprised for me, espcially with his playmaking abilities, something Bigby doesnt bring.

Smith was once highly touted in Pittsburgh's prospect pool so it would be great to see him reach his full potential in Green Bay.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
I thought Bigby would thrive in this new defense but so far he has been a dissapointment to me. Hes not a player with the most football IQ outhere but i thought he would excel as a blitzer because of his style and we havent seen any of this so far. Smith has been a surprised for me, espcially with his playmaking abilities, something Bigby doesnt bring.

Smith was once highly touted in Pittsburgh's prospect pool so it would be great to see him reach his full potential in Green Bay.
It seems like for every big play Smith makes he give one up. I like his experience in the system but there's a reason why the Steelers let him go.

As for Bigby, its hard to say. It could be anything from not feeling 100% to the Packers not fully showing their defense.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 AM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/56434997.html

tony moll sucks - imagine that
Old 09-02-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never understood how he's stuck to our roster for this long.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I never understood how he's stuck to our roster for this long.
Versitle. He also looked like a potential future starter for us during it rookie year when he filled in. Moll just hasn't been the same since he suffered that neck stinger.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

http://www.michiganavemag.com/MA_SP09_100_NEW.html

What a Dbag.

they get smoked.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Wow that last picture hardly looks like him, weird.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks like Rick Astley, and that's never a good thing.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't even tell who that was without clicking the link.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are those pictures suppose to make him look better? He has a evil/satan type of look.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Are those pictures suppose to make him look better? He has a evil/satan type of look.
I think they do make him look better.

That's not saying much though considering how ugly he usually is.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think they do make him look better.
You kidding me? Look at that second pic. I don't see how anyone can look better than normal there. Big time Dbag.

they get smoked.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:08 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow. that photographer is awesome. i've never seen pictures of jay cutler that made him look like he didn't still have most of his baby fat.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I needed a good laugh to start my day...Thank you Jay.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Peter King projects the Packers to make it to the NFC Championship game. I thought it was interesting that he has 3 teams from the NFC North in the playoffs.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rodgers predidcted to be MVP.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story...rd-predictions