Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?
#15, but yeah I want Lynch first and if he's not there Landry
are you sure it's #15? i asked this question earlier.
thats what scott said
Old 01-02-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?
thats what scott said
packers.com says we've got the 16th

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
I want either lynch( i want him the most), jerrett, Ginn if they are avialable. If the packers don;t go RB in round one i hope they snag either booker or bush in the second if they are avialable.
Not Ginn. Jarret would be ok but I definately don't want Ginn and I can't see TT drafting him anyway.

Right now in round 1
1.Lynch
2.Landry
3.Okoye
4.Jarret
5.Nelson
Old 01-02-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
thats what scott said
it might be a coin flip thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I think Lynch would be good, but he may go higher then that. I disagree, i think the pack have many major needs.

WR- After driver and jennings they have role players. Robinson is a wild card, if he can be the Koren of old, they will be better off, but they have to get one high in the draft or FA. Holiday has been a nice surprise.

RB- Green was decent, but GB needs a game changer. Lynch would be an ideal fit. maybe Michael bush in the 2nd?

TE- This is by far the most glaring offense need. All the TE's are awful, Franks has been down right sickening. The TE from the U, olsen looks like he could be a 2nd round pick. Tony Gonzales would be amazing but that would a reach. either way, this is the biggest need.

DB- Nickle back is a major need too. I still think will Blackmon would be a better option then pactrick dendy but blackmon can't stay heathy. But in the middle rounds, a DB would be a good pick.

DL- Some sort of DL help is needed, Jenkins and kampman at the ends, but Pickett needs a partner inside.

Even though the packers were 8-8 they need alot of help.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
nextyear5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
thats what scott said
it might be a coin flip thing
It's not, the only coin flip is the Bucs/Browns, someones wrong :shock:
Old 01-02-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
nextyear5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
I think Lynch would be good, but he may go higher then that. I disagree, i think the pack have many major needs.

WR- After driver and jennings they have role players. Robinson is a wild card, if he can be the Koren of old, they will be better off, but they have to get one high in the draft or FA. Holiday has been a nice surprise.

RB- Green was decent, but GB needs a game changer. Lynch would be an ideal fit. maybe Michael bush in the 2nd?

TE- This is by far the most glaring offense need. All the TE's are awful, Franks has been down right sickening. The TE from the U, olsen looks like he could be a 2nd round pick. Tony Gonzales would be amazing but that would a reach. either way, this is the biggest need.

DB- Nickle back is a major need too. I still think will Blackmon would be a better option then pactrick dendy but blackmon can't stay heathy. But in the middle rounds, a DB would be a good pick.

DL- Some sort of DL help is needed, Jenkins and kampman at the ends, but Pickett needs a partner inside.

Even though the packers were 8-8 they need alot of help.
I disagree that Franks is awful. His pass catching skills definately diminished but he is one of the best blocking TE's in the league. Tell me the last time you saw him laying on the turf trying to block. So comon, he's not "sickening."
Old 01-02-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9901730

If the official site of the NFL has them at 16 that's what I'm believing.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we could get Landry and then Bush in the 2nd, that would be ideal. TE is an issue though, we need someone who can be a big time red zone threat which Franks used to be but hasnt shown lately.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
If we could get Landry and then Bush in the 2nd, that would be ideal. TE is an issue though, we need someone who can be a big time red zone threat which Franks used to be but hasnt shown lately.
I'm not sure about all the other TE's in the draft but with the two most talked about TE's Olsen or Miller I dunno if our draft position will allow us to take them. I think it would be too big of a reach in the first round and i'm not sure if they would drop to them in the 2nd. If one of them drops to our 2nd round pick than I don't think there sould be a hesitation to pick one of them up.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Quote:
I want either lynch( i want him the most), jerrett, Ginn if they are avialable. If the packers don;t go RB in round one i hope they snag either booker or bush in the second if they are avialable.
Not Ginn. Jarret would be ok but I definately don't want Ginn and I can't see TT drafting him anyway.

Right now in round 1
1.Lynch
2.Landry
3.Okoye
4.Jarret
5.Nelson
I don't think Okoye should be that high, I would like to fill the other positions before DT. I think you should put Okoye at 5 and bump up Nelson and Jarret to 3 and 4 respectively.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

No, I think franks has been sickening, he drops passes alot. The packers aren't paying him for his blocking ability, it's time to produce or get rid of him. He needs to produce TD's or be cut, he was signed to be the red-zone threat he used to be. His "blocking ablilty" cost the packers a TD in the vikings game. It's time for change, he needs to be replaced!

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:40 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
I'm not sure about all the other TE's in the draft but with the two most talked about TE's Olsen or Miller I dunno if our draft position will allow us to take them. I think it would be too big of a reach in the first round and i'm not sure if they would drop to them in the 2nd. If one of them drops to our 2nd round pick than I don't think there sould be a hesitation to pick one of them up.
from what it looks like if olson saying olson is going to fall to us is not much of a strech
Old 01-03-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Ya know guys, Joe Newton could be a real solid round 3 pick, from what scott says he's got good solid reliable hands, blocks decent just isn't all that fast and has had injuries, I think it was a knee. I think if thew opotunity for Greg Olson doesn't come about in the second I would like to see Newton in the 3rd
Old 01-03-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well you guys are talking about a safety and i know we could use a upgrade at OLB. How about a guy like Aaron Rouse from Virginia Tech? They say hes a DB/LB Tweener and i think he could sneek in to the first two rounds.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

SHORTLIST OF NEEDS.

DB: I'm meshing safety and cornerback together here, because it is our top need. What would happen if Harris forces a holdout or, if him or Charles got hurt? We'd be screwed because we have nothing behind them at all. They're both getting up there, it's better to have a replacement in place now and not later.

WR: I like Holliday, but I don't think he's much more than a fourth wideout. Martin is okay, but has a lot of mental laspes. I think we need a solid guy to come in and who can make plays, stretch the defense, open up the field for Driver and Jennings.

RB: Ahman Green showed some of his old burst at Chicago, but I think that may have been running for the dollars, because he didn't run with that much vigor the entire season. I like Morency and think he could be a solid 1-2 punch with a draft choice.

OLB: Poppinga is decent, but I think we could use some healthy competition here.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I honestly have no idea what's going to happen for our draft. Last year I was talking AJ Hawk in October/November, it's so much harder picking in the middle of the first round with a far less glaring need. We could go anywhere from Lynch to TE Zach Miller, Ted Ginn, Dwayne Jarrett, Landry, Nelson, or a corner. I think TE is the most galring for a first round pick but the question is whether or not TT will address that in Free Agency. If we do the pick is somebody else. The two biggest keys to our early draft is Ahman Green's status come draft time and if there's any new Tight End's on the roster.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Perfect Scenario would be RB first round A.Peterson (maybe get real lucky and he falls, RB is the position that falls the most on draft day), M. Lynch (probable pick). Then in the second round take G.Olson or Z.Miller (probable to come out). Then in the third round get a tough corner of a workout warrior (A.Carroll) or a fast 40 (W.Blackmon, he still has a chance) someone along the lines of an Al Harris because he cant play forever.

Found This List of Free Agents:
Unestricted free agents:
RB Ahman Green (should resign)
TE Donald Lee
TE David Martin
DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (if unsigned then this could be 1st Rnd pick)
DT Kendrick Allen
LB Ben Taylor
LB Tracy White
LS Rob Davis
Restricted free agent:
DT Cullen Jenkins
Old 01-03-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

I don't think KGB is a free agent.

Cullen Jenkins is gonna cost us some big $....
Old 01-03-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe

he wont cost us too much money, nothing we should worry about
Old 01-03-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe

I wasnt sure KGB was a free agent either. O well last time I go to that site.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
I honestly have no idea what's going to happen for our draft. Last year I was talking AJ Hawk in October/November, it's so much harder picking in the middle of the first round with a far less glaring need. We could go anywhere from Lynch to TE Zach Miller, Ted Ginn, Dwayne Jarrett, Landry, Nelson, or a corner. I think TE is the most galring for a first round pick but the question is whether or not TT will address that in Free Agency. If we do the pick is somebody else. The two biggest keys to our early draft is Ahman Green's status come draft time and if there's any new Tight End's on the roster.

I would agree with you that TE is probably our most glaring need, but value wise I dont think it will be the best pick in the first round. I think it is clear that our needs on offense are a receiving TE, RB, and a WR. IMO our first round pick will need to be someone who can score TDs other than Driver, whether it is a red zone threat or a playmaker. This could be filled by Lynch, Ginn, and Jarrett. This is key especially if Favre leaves, Rodgers will need another target in order to succeed. We were the second worst team in the NFL, behind the Raiders, in Red Zone scoring.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk

I would agree with you that TE is probably our most glaring need, but value wise I dont think it will be the best pick in the first round. I think it is clear that our needs on offense are a receiving TE, RB, and a WR. IMO our first round pick will need to be someone who can score TDs other than Driver, whether it is a red zone threat or a playmaker. This could be filled by Lynch, Ginn, and Jarrett. This is key especially if Favre leaves, Rodgers will need another target in order to succeed. We were the second worst team in the NFL, behind the Raiders, in Red Zone scoring.
You make a good point by saying especially if Favre leaves. I think if he does leave than they must address the offense in the first round. TD's might be tough to come by without him.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

If Favre leaves we should take Dwayne Jarrett, A.Rods goanna need another target, plus this guys huge in the redzone (6'5 210).
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Quote:

Right now in round 1
1.Lynch
2.Landry
3.Okoye
4.Jarret
5.Nelson
I don't think Okoye should be that high, I would like to fill the other positions before DT. I think you should put Okoye at 5 and bump up Nelson and Jarret to 3 and 4 respectively.
I meant to have Jarret ahead of him but there is just something that makes me want him more than Nelson. This has to be one of the hardests years to decide though.