Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers wanted him, that's why they set up a visit. But Miami wanted him too, and $ became an issue. And so is the climate.

# CliftonSmith22

Is always love first money second.. But when you are out in the cold with a family because of that state of mind some things gave to change! 10 minutes ago via Echofon

* Retweet

# Clifton Smith Jr. CliftonSmith22

Let me clear something up GB never offered me anything but a workout and I do play for money the money never takes away how much I love this
Old 09-07-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone should know by now that Ted is just a big tease.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers never offered him a contract. Guess the concussions were a main concern for them. Damn, am not happy about Tramon as the PR, but it looks like that is going to be the case now
Old 09-08-2010, 08:18 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Packers never offered him a contract. Guess the concussions were a main concern for them. Damn, am not happy about Tramon as the PR, but it looks like that is going to be the case now
I read somewhere last night that the Vikings are gonna use Bernard Berrian as their PR.
That's more risky, with them only having 4 WRs on their roster, with Sidney Rice out for at least half the year.

Still, I'm disappointed that TT wasn't able to sign Clifton Smith. Sometimes he butchers things like this. But sometimes, the player has no intention of playing in Green Bay and instead tried to leverage himself using us, and ends up going to a better destination in terms of city/location.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the last year or so a lot of players have liked Green Bay, want to come hear, and don't want to leave, so it seems. Especially hard workers, football players not party guys, players who want a ring. When a guy chooses somewhere like New York or whatever over GB I always remember that...it makes me question a little bit about their attitude towards football.

With Aaron Rodgers any offensive player is going to want to come here because they know receivers will get catches, backs won't ever see stacked boxes, and lineman will get noticed blocking for a top QB. If they just care about money maybe they'd be smart and take a small pay cut to play here instead of Oakland for example, knowing they can put up double the numbers and get a much bigger contract later.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how people are sleeping on our OL so much this year. Entering last year we had 4 starters and the backups were garbage. Barbre was a joke. This year we have 8 starters. We could start any combination of these guys and our line would be better than the start of last year:

LT: Clifton, Bulaga, Lang
LG: Colledge, Bulaga, Lang, Spitz
C: Wells, Spitz
RG: Sitton, Lang, Spitz
RT: Tauscher, Lang

Although I assume Lang probably isn't working on 4 line positions. I don't really know what their plans are for him but he proved he can start a couple spots, including LT, the toughest.

One of the best in the league - from top to bottom. Starters, wouldn't be in the top 10. Very good group of pass blockers though. Unfortunately probably bottom third in run blocking.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 09-08-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
In the last year or so a lot of players have liked Green Bay, want to come hear, and don't want to leave, so it seems. Especially hard workers, football players not party guys, players who want a ring. When a guy chooses somewhere like New York or whatever over GB I always remember that...it makes me question a little bit about their attitude towards football.

With Aaron Rodgers any offensive player is going to want to come here because they know receivers will get catches, backs won't ever see stacked boxes, and lineman will get noticed blocking for a top QB. If they just care about money maybe they'd be smart and take a small pay cut to play here instead of Oakland for example, knowing they can put up double the numbers and get a much bigger contract later.
To give the guy the benefit of the doubt, if was living in Tampa and had the choice of going to Miami or Green Bay, I would probably go with Miami.

I do think Green Bay appeals to a certain type of player. There are also a lot of guys who get drafted, are probably apprehensive, and end up wanting to spend the rest of their career in Green Bay. That's another one of the reasons that a commitment to building through the draft is our best bet.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodson extended.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Woodson extended.
Much needed since we suck at drafted CB lately.

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's awesome, hopefully this keeps him in GB the rest of his career.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 yr extension, reports Schefter. Nothing on the amount yet, though

sounds good though, he's definitely earned it
Old 09-09-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
To give the guy the benefit of the doubt, if was living in Tampa and had the choice of going to Miami or Green Bay, I would probably go with Miami.

I do think Green Bay appeals to a certain type of player. There are also a lot of guys who get drafted, are probably apprehensive, and end up wanting to spend the rest of their career in Green Bay. That's another one of the reasons that a commitment to building through the draft is our best bet.
Yeah I agree there are lots of factors that play into a decision. It's just that right now, Green Bay is such a great place to play if you love football, want to win, be surrounded by great people, etc. In my mind, it brings up the possibility that in some cases players we chased after that chose somewhere more cushy or glamorous may not have the focus on football, or maybe less mature than what we look for in a player.

Guys like Antonio Cromartie who have something like 8 kids with 6 women won't want to come here - good. Guys like Jermichael Finley who was a young father but has grown into a devoted family man who strives to be the best there is, they will have GB on the top of their list - excellent.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Thanks Saints!

Nice defense by both teams tonight.
Favre misses Sidney Rice so bad. I love it.

BTW, if we block Jared Allen as well as the Saints do, I like our chances of scoring a lot more than 14 points on the Vikes.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Yeah I agree there are lots of factors that play into a decision. It's just that right now, Green Bay is such a great place to play if you love football, want to win, be surrounded by great people, etc. In my mind, it brings up the possibility that in some cases players we chased after that chose somewhere more cushy or glamorous may not have the focus on football, or maybe less mature than what we look for in a player.

Guys like Antonio Cromartie who have something like 8 kids with 6 women won't want to come here - good. Guys like Jermichael Finley who was a young father but has grown into a devoted family man who strives to be the best there is, they will have GB on the top of their list - excellent.
if anything cromartie needs to be in a town like green bay to stop him from having kids. besides green bay is kind of in a central location. he might be closer to his kids then he is in san diego and new york. if he can remember where they live that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Cromartie is a guy that can cover, there's no question about that.
But he can't tackle me, and he's an embarrassment of a person. I wanted him to help our guys cover, but don't mind not having to cheer for a lowlife like him.

Nice role model he is.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Interesting hypothetical:

What if Justin Harrell absolutely beasts it this season? Plays every bit as good as a #16 pick, plays a lot of snaps and is healthy the entire year. Do we sign him, and for how much? We wouldn't want to let him go, but how could we ink another contract for a decent amount with his injury history?

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-10-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

What if Justin Harrell absolutely beasts it this season? Plays every bit as good as a #16 pick, plays a lot of snaps and is healthy the entire year. Do we sign him, and for how much? We wouldn't want to let him go, but how could we ink another contract for a decent amount with his injury history?
Is his contract up after this season, or is there one more year?

And how beastly?
Ever heard of "buy low, sell high"?

If he validates that #16 pick, I'd definitely take anyone's 1st round pick in the next draft for him. Cash him in!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone always hates on Green Bay (City). Woodson didn't want to come here either, thank god he did... but anyways guys should just talk to him. He hated the idea of coming here but now couldn't be happier.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:48 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Cromartie is a guy that can cover, there's no question about that.
But he can't tackle me, and he's an embarrassment of a person. I wanted him to help our guys cover, but don't mind not having to cheer for a lowlife like him.

Nice role model he is.
tell us how you really feel. i dont know how he gets considered a lowlife, hes comparable to someone who idolizes jeffery dahmer? can he not tackle? sure he cant. if hes the one making the tackle on the running back something just isnt right to me anyway. probably saw brandon jacobs reel vs woodson and got the chills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So hyped for this game on Sunday. Watching it with a bunch of Eagles' fans wearing my white Aaron Rodgers jersey of course.

How many hours?!

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:32 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
So hyped for this game on Sunday. Watching it with a bunch of Eagles' fans wearing my white Aaron Rodgers jersey of course.

How many hours?!
WOW! the Mountaineers.....

What are your thoughts on Pat White as a return man? Kicks and/or punts.

I know he initially resisted attempts to move him away from QB. But now he should be desperate to stay in the NFL.

I don't want Jennings returning punts. And I don't want Jordy returning kicks.

White seems to have the ability to be a great guy there, if his mind can accept and embrace the idea. That guy was electric with the ball in his hands like Slaton was, and like Josh Cribbs was in college.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 09-11-2010 at 08:40 AM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers "My Wish" is on ESPN right now

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:

And just like that, he probably tore his ACL(at least he thinks so)

Quote:
RobDemovsky: #Packers DE Justin Harrell thinks he tore his ACL. Will get an MRI tomorrow to be sure.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Damn, Jenkins has a broken hand, and will be wearing a club on it all season. Hope that doesn't affect his tackling too much. Sucks to hear, anyway

Harrell, as expected, has a significant knee injury

Grant has ankle sprain

that was the injury report from McCarthy after the game
Old 09-12-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Update: Jenkins said he has multiple fractures in his hand. Damn, man. He still looked good out there when he came back but it still sucks to know that he'll be in a cast/club for a good portion of the season