Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
From McCarthy's presser today...I'll be shocked if Rodgers plays this sunday

he won't be practicing all week or be involved in team meetings, and a medical decision will be made on saturday. Rodgers won't even be able to study film at home. He went on talking about how Flynn will be prepared

...it doesn't look good. Can't wait for that Sunday Night game. Pack will roll into New England with Matt Flynn at QB, no Jermichael Finley and no Ryan Grant on offense. Oh boy. I feel sick
Will you feel any better when Flynn gets banged up and Graham Harrell comes in?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fantastic news; Vikings-Bears will be played at the U of M stadium. Outdoors in sub-zero temperature with heavy snowfall. One of the dumbest decisions ever allowed by the NFL. ANYTHING could happen in the game and multiple serious injuries for the Bears is very possible. GO VIKES! SLAM THEM AGAINST THAT FROZEN GROUND!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their starting QB is Joe Webb, a 6th round rookie who was drafted to play wide receiver, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Their starting QB is Joe Webb, a 6th round rookie who was drafted to play wide receiver, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
The Bears starting QB is Jay Cutler. In the snow. And freezing cold. On horrible field conditions. Their RB is Matt Forte. The Vikings RB is AD. Run it 50 times and very possibly win, imo.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
The Bears starting QB is Jay Cutler. In the snow. And freezing cold. On horrible field conditions. Their RB is Matt Forte. The Vikings RB is AD. Run it 50 times and very possibly win, imo.
No way Childress would be smart enough to do that. Hopefully Bevell isn't as dumb
Old 12-16-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just realized that Greg Jennings is currently 5th in the league in receiving yards and 3rd in receiving TDs. Man he really did go on a tear this past few weeks!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Just realized that Greg Jennings is currently 5th in the league in receiving yards and 3rd in receiving TDs. Man he really did go on a tear this past few weeks!
He'd be even higher if not for his massive fail this last game. And yes, I'm still supremely bitter.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Will you feel any better when Flynn gets banged up and Graham Harrell comes in?
I'll feel awesome when Jordyzzz the emergency QB comes in and wins us the game
Quote:
He'd be even higher if not for his massive fail this last game. And yes, I'm still supremely bitter.
Still pissed about that too. The score would have been 10-0 if he caught that. Things would have been so much different.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fantastic news; Vikings-Bears will be played at the U of M stadium. Outdoors in sub-zero temperature with heavy snowfall. One of the dumbest decisions ever allowed by the NFL. ANYTHING could happen in the game and multiple serious injuries for the Bears is very possible. GO VIKES! SLAM THEM AGAINST THAT FROZEN GROUND!
the downside is the Bears don't have to deal with the dome atmosphere the metrodome brings. Plus, with the Vikes being crappy, and Joe Webb probably at QB...along with the game in that weather, I doubt that stadium fills with VIkes fans. Bears will basically be playing on a neutral field. It wouldn't really feel like much of a road game

terrible conditions though, so Minny has a chance(still think they just totally fold in that weather and get blown out)
Old 12-17-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The Bears have had a knack for never getting the opposing teams #1 QBs... but we lost to the Lions with their #3 so we can't say much.

I agree about Jennings.... still bitter at him.
He catches that, the WHOLE game is different... we win, and perhaps Arod doesn't go so crazy with that run and doesn't get his coconut rattled like that.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:39 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking about Arod's brain/head, look at Peyton Manning, that guy is wearing a Revolution helmet. Yeah it looks stupid, but you don't see him getting concussions. Just saying, that is why they were developed.

On a different note, F Greg Jennings in the Lions game, 9 times out of 10 he catches that, just pissed but oh well.

I really hope Arod plays this week, and C-Wood plays amazing.

If Arod plays, Pack win...This is a guarantee...

If Flynny boy plays, Pack Lose...This is a guarantee...

If i am wrong on either of these, I will be ashamed, A) because if Arod plays and the Pack lose, the D just F-ed up, and B) If Matt Flynn plays and the Pack win, the Pats just F-ed up.

I hope Arod plays... I have been concussed before, it sucks, but I really want to say that Brett played while having a concussion in a game before and never said anything. I hate saying that, but times have certainly changed. Now concussions matter. I am just bitter right now because Arod has a 50-50 shot of playing, and I am betting he doesn't.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Is this old news?

Aaron Rodgers dating Erin Andrews

December 18th, 2010

GREEN BAY - ESPN sideline analyst Erin Andrews has been spending a lot of time in Green Bay lately and according to sources, it is because she is dating Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.........
Old 12-18-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers officially ruled out. Flynn to start. Grahm Harrell to be called up from PS.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Rodgers officially ruled out. Flynn to start. Grahm Harrell to be called up from PS.
I'm relieved to know that.
Let Rodgers brain rest.
We'd lose regardless, so at least he won't get hurt again and turn into Troy Aikman or Steve Young getting concussion after concussion.

Nice test for Matt Flynn.

New England has one of the worst pass rushes so he should have some time to throw.

New England 30
Packers 13
(We didn't find the end zone vs the Lions, in perfect weather. But I feel us finding the end zone once this time)
Old 12-18-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I hope Arod plays... I have been concussed before, it sucks, but I really want to say that Brett played while having a concussion in a game before and never said anything. I hate saying that, but times have certainly changed. Now concussions matter. I am just bitter right now because Arod has a 50-50 shot of playing, and I am betting he doesn't.
The rules have changed so much over the last couple of years. You have to be cleared by independent and league sources now to be allowed to play, can't just be "cleared" by team docs. ESPECIALLY after a second concussion and tons of scrutiny.

Well, we lose. I'm not as hopeful score-wise, the Patriots would love to run up the score in this one and with our sloppy tackling the last couple weeks that YAC is going to kill us.

42-9, Pats.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we are so screwed . . . go vikings

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
we are so screwed . . . go vikings
EXACTLY.
The Vikings game is far more important than our own.
Rodgers should play for the Vikings, get them the win over the Bears. Let us lose, but then all we need is Rodgers back for our next 2 home games, win em both, and the division is ours.

Bears losing tomorrow is #1 critical.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, Matt Flynn will be only the 3rd QB I've ever seen start for us. So weird.

This better not become a trend. I'm used to not caring about who the backup is.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:10 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post

I know, what a pity.... all those years we had good backups in here, they were never needed.
Hasselbeck, Brunell, even Aaron Brooks.
Hell, we even had Kurt Warner in before.

Can Matt Flynn validate some people's hype of him this off-season? Here's his chance.
Colt McCoy & the Browns beat the Patriots last month. Our TEAM is a lot better than the Browns are.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although we had numerous chances to avoid being in this position and blew them all the cheap ass win the Bears got in week 1 still bugs me. The division race would be much different today if a touchdown was actually a touchdown. We would both be 8-5 and have the same division record.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post

The crazy thing is Aaron Rodgers had a 45 game streak that was 4th longest current in the NFL behind Peyton, Rivers, and someone else.

Here's to hoping we catch New England with their pants down with Rodgers out and Matt Flynn catches fire in a bottle and wins a trap game. No way am I calling this one over right now. I'm excited to see what Flynn does. He looked really good last week but nervous and caught off guard. Practicing with the 1st team and a weeks worth of mental preparation will make him a starting caliber QB if he has the confidence.

Oh by the way it's been a week and I feel even more like when Greg Jennings dropped that pass he dropped us from strong playoff chances to a hope and a prayer. If I was him I'd feel like I cost the team a post season berth.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly pulls off a miracle, Tampa loses in OT. Suddenly things don't look so bad.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Philly pulls off a miracle, Tampa loses in OT. Suddenly things don't look so bad.
I can't remember who we wanted to win in that game, Philly or the Giants.
Anyone remember the scoop with that?
Old 12-19-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I can't remember who we wanted to win in that game, Philly or the Giants.
Anyone remember the scoop with that?
Didn't really matter assuming we beat the Giants next week (which we need to to even have a prayer, regardless.)

Giants, Bucs, AND Saints all lost. Wow. I do believe as of this moment we technically control our wild-card destiny. GOOO FLYYNNN!

Old 12-19-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
The crazy thing is Aaron Rodgers had a 45 game streak that was 4th longest current in the NFL behind Peyton, Rivers, and someone else.
It was:
1. Favre
2. Manning
3. Manning
4. Rivers
5. Rodgers

Of course 1 and 5 are done now.
Quote:
Didn't really matter assuming we beat the Giants next week (which we need to to even have a prayer, regardless.)

Giants, Bucs, AND Saints all lost. Wow. I do believe as of this moment we technically control our wild-card destiny. GOOO FLYYNNN!
It was much better for us to have the Giants lose. We get to play them next week, and if we win we'll have the same record (unless Flynn magically beats New England) and we'll have the tiebreaker.

And it's nice of the Lions to help us out after last week.

All of a sudden things aren't looking as bad, but damn we could have been in complete control.