Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No ^^^ wasn't necessary. No idea what that was all about.

THIS IS:

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
The worse the weather is, the more it favors the slower, bigger, stronger, more physical DL/OL of the Bears.
I wish we could play these guys in the Falcons or Vikings or Saints dome.
The game will be simular weather as the last match up which I guess the weaker, smaller, less physical OL/DL won the game...... I know BJ Raji, Ryan Pickett, Howard Green (all over 340) plus Cullen Jenkins (310) and CJ Wison (290) are all pretty small, weak, non physical guys but I have a feeling they can manage a little cold weather and the bigger, strong, meaner bears.

In reality, Bears run a 4-3 defense that is based off of speed and getting at the offense. They go 280 310 295 270 Peppers, Adams, Harris, Idoniji. So how is this a slower, bigger, stronger, more physical DL?

Bears Offensive line is not consider by most a dominate force, or really that physical or bruising of a line. Nor do we but I don't see how Omiyale (6'4 315) Williams (6'6 315) Kreutz (6'2 290) Garza (6'2 310) Webb(6'6 335) is really that much bigger, stronger, more physical than Clifton(6'5 320) Colledge(6'4 310) Wells (6'2 300) Sitton(6'3 320) Bulaga (6'5 315)???

So I will take on the bears in the same weather maybe a tad bit colder than the last time we played them and am not scared that the Bears are this big massive, physical, bruising, powerful team because they aren't. They have the same type of lineman as us on offense and they have a speed DL. The one advantage is we don't have Cutler and we have WR's. Forte is no unstoppable force eighter
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
..... that much bigger, stronger, more physical than Clifton(6'5 320) Colledge(6'4 310) Wells (6'2 300) Sitton(6'3 320) Bulaga (6'5 315)???
Those 5 guys you mentioned might be the key. When they play well, 12 has time to be a surgeon.
When they open running holes, then it's even easier for 12.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So he only has 3 playoff games, a really small sample size, but if Aaron Rodgers plays anything like he has going forward for a number of years it's going to be Montana, Brady, Rodgers as the elite playoff QBs. I'm not getting ahead of myself - no ring yet, but he'll get one - but Aaron Rodgers has been breaking all kinds of records for "first do _______ in his first _______ games/seasons/etc." Averaging 4 TDs and 0.33 interceptions per playoff game? Yeah, there's reason to be all over this guys dick and I'm shy about talking about how freaking awesome he is.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
So he only has 3 playoff games, a really small sample size, but if Aaron Rodgers plays anything like he has going forward for a number of years it's going to be Montana, Brady, Rodgers as the elite playoff QBs. I'm not getting ahead of myself - no ring yet, but he'll get one - but Aaron Rodgers has been breaking all kinds of records for "first do _______ in his first _______ games/seasons/etc." Averaging 4 TDs and 0.33 interceptions per playoff game? Yeah, there's reason to be all over this guys dick and I'm shy about talking about how freaking awesome he is.
Of course you're not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

The weather, defense, and illegal contact of the Bears will be a whole other level of a test. 2 ints and 0 ints will be good this game. What is interesting is that his one int was his FIRST playoff pass ever.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Of course you're not.
go ahead and keep reading only the words you want to

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simply saying that Rogers will get a ring is getting ahead of yourself. Let alone the other ridiculousness.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Simply saying that Rogers will get a ring is getting ahead of yourself. Let alone the other ridiculousness.
Rogers, really? I expected more out of you.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I always think of this guy:

Old 01-17-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Quailman
Rookie

Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Was this really necessary at all?
Yo SPROT! R yoo lIEk tryan ToO talk mE dat u dosN'T TALKX liek dis in Westconsin?!
Quailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Rogers, really? I expected more out of you.
To be fair you bolded the wrong word. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
True, Rodgers might not get a ring. Or he might get some rings.
Cuntler might get a ring too. Maybe the Bears can buy another player from another franchise this off-season to put them over the top. JayC and Peppers have helped them out.... I hear Haynesworth is available.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailman View Post
Yo SPROT! R yoo lIEk tryan ToO talk mE dat u dosN'T TALKX liek dis in Westconsin?!
1) You are a massive tool

2) I understand it is cool to be extremely ignorant but Wisconsin actually has one of the highest performing education systems in the United States and is ranked in the top ten every year. Good for the best in the Midwest. Minnesota and Iowa are pretty good as well.

3) Don't insult us by trying to speak like a Upper because as much as people in the UP wish they were Wisconsinites, they are not.

4) You probably do not have the intellegence to understand what or where the UP (Upper Peninsula) is but it is part of the state Michigan.

5) Please understand there is nothing wrong with learning to read, write, and your case type. It will help you a lot in the long run.... but if I had to guess it may be too late for you
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Quailman
Rookie

Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1) You are a massive tool

2) I understand it is cool to be extremely ignorant but Wisconsin actually has one of the highest performing education systems in the United States and is ranked in the top ten every year. Good for the best in the Midwest. Minnesota and Iowa are pretty good as well.

3) Don't insult us by trying to speak like a Upper because as much as people in the UP wish they were Wisconsinites, they are not.

4) You probably do not have the intellegence to understand what or where the UP (Upper Peninsula) is but it is part of the state Michigan.

5) Please understand there is nothing wrong with learning to read, write, and your case type. It will help you a lot in the long run.... but if I had to guess it may be too late for you
So is that a no? Sharktits. Sorry brah.
Quailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks for all your insight buddy. Instead of spending 20 minutes typing like a dumb*** why dont you instead post something useful. Who am I trying to kid, its obvious your incapable of doing that.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm from Michigan, my friend.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's how yoopers speak? Chill, boy. I have absolutely no interest in being a Wisconsinite.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Cuntler might get a ring too. Maybe the Bears can buy another player from another franchise this off-season to put them over the top. JayC and Peppers have helped them out.... I hear Haynesworth is available.
Oh my gawd! Free agency and trades are da devil!

Old 01-17-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brett Favre
Reggie White
Charles Woodson
Ahman Green
Willie Davis
Al Harris

Tell us more about how getting good players from other franchises is evil or whatever you're implying here.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aw, crap. Got beat to it.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it incredible in the history of these two franchises it has been 70 years since they've met in a championship game, and never the NFC Championship Game. Time to hoist the Halas!!! WooT!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Willie Davis

Tell us more about how getting good players from other franchises is evil or whatever you're implying here.
Wow, going back 40 years now? Good research.

Who said evil? I never used the word evil? Did you recognize the word "evil" because I didn't say the word evil.

What I am implying is last year you didn't have Peppers.
The year before you didn't have Cuntler.
This year, you didn't have Albert.
Maybe next year you will.

Why would that bother you?

Dan Snyder endorses that method of roster-building, by the way.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is something very rewarding about having your guys be your guys, homegrown talent to use the cliche. Cutler and Peppers come off as mercenaries to me, I don't blame them for wanting out in Denver and Carolina respectively, but they don't strike me as guys that understand, appreciate, or frankly, really care about Chicago's tradition and history.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, lets not get into a pissing contest with Bears fans. I was down on the Bears all year, but, they're not here by accident. And who cares how they built their team?
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote