Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Add the Raiders as a team who also now has interest in Perry
Old 01-29-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this freakin picture thing will NOT die. Rodgers didn't make things any better by saying this today(shouldn't have even addressed it)

Quote:
“I was on IR back in 2006,” Rodgers said. “I chose to stick around and finish out the season with my guys and be here every game. Some of those guys didn’t. And so, we love them, we care about them, we don’t wish injury on anybody, but this is a group of guys that’s really come together and has been great to work with. It’s been great to work with guys we brought in. Some of the guys who were injured, you know, they are still part of this team, but some of them didn’t choose to stick around. They’re part of this team, first and foremost.” Rodgers then added, however, “But some guys choose to rehab in other places.”
then, to make it worse, Barnett AGAIN has to go on twitter(why doesn't he freakin personally talk to Rodgers or whatever) to voice his opinion, causing MORE drama

Quote:
NickBarnett
Well looks like people have something to say about where some people choose to do there rehab.. Try rehabing with 16 others then 53 more
Quote:
NickBarnett
Doubt you get the full attention needed.. It's easy to speak about others when you are not in their position.. Talk about "union" ha
he eventually erased the tweets and said "Forget it...Anyway God Bless"

now he's basically saying he's done with twitter and saying goodbye to his followers, etc.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 01-29-2011 at 03:58 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All i know is this is going to be a very interesting offseason for the Packers and the NFL.

TT has his work cut out for him.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barnett needs let it go and Rodgers shouldn't have said anything about it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barnett can get his ass out of town

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I mean, Barnett does have a point. If some of those players were able to get better/more extensive rehab somewhere else, then why wouldn't they go that route? Wasn't really a fan of Rodgers comment, nor do I think he should have even said anything on this, but Barnett's response didn't help

McCarthy needs to get the team together and tell everybody to shut the **** up. Quit jabbing at eachother regarding this stupid issue
Old 01-29-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I look at this way, the Packers are trying to create a culture and they are (right or wrong) using the media to make the case that no one person, injured or not, is above the team.

I like it because Barnett is most likely gone so there should be no lasting effect to this other then to show young players (Finley) that if you have a problem in the future talk to the captains or MM.

I really don't think its a distraction this week because Barnett and Finley aren't in GB right now while the Packers are putting together their gameplan.

What will be interesting to see is if they all make up when they meet in Dallas next week.

Rodgers probably should have said "I believe coach McCarthy has already commented on that issue." But in reality Rodgers is a captain and the face of the franchise so I'm ok with Rodgers putting Barnett in his place.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting really annoyed. Dumb comment by Rodgers, he knows better. ****.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

True, Rodgers was probably saying what a lot of others on the team were thinking. I don't even get why Barnett snapped back at Rodgers. It was reported earlier in the week that Rodgers and Woodson went to McCarthy about this photo issue. Basically what happened was guy's who decided to stay away all year(Barnett, Finley the only vocal ones) forced themselves into the conversation, forced the team to alter it's prep schedule at a time when everything should revolve around getting ready for the game.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is.. Rodgers is right. If you get injured and have a future with the team, you stay there and do your rehab there. These guys gave up on the season and went to "a different rehab place" that happens to be in a much more pleasant location and probably with their family. They went on vacation. And then bitched about not being included.

DESPITE THAT. IT'S SUPER BOWL WEEK. PEOPLE NEED TO STOP CREATING DRAMA. Rodgers knows that's an issue to bring up in private, not to the media and definitely not right now.

You KNOW if we lose now, the talk is going to be about how our clashing before the game screwed us up and if we're disfunctional, etc.

I just want to focus on the game and not read this ********.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YEAH THIS is a cluster****.
What if it gets worse next week on photo day?
What if Barnett no-shows or something and causes more of a mess?

Damn guys with big mouths.

Meanwhile not a word from AJ Hawk.... I think Hawk will be back for sure and Barnett will be sent to Tennessee or Carolina.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:56 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

I just want to note again, I'm really kind of bummed out about this talk and ****. Especially Rodgers, our boy, coming out and talking **** about his teammates. It's really ruined the buildup to the Super Bowl for me.

Sigh.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Apparently Rodgers and Barnett spoke and they ironed everything out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=6074244

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick of that crap too.

Where have Barnett and Finley been the past 2 months anyway?
Did they hibernate down south for the winter?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Apparently Rodgers and Barnett spoke and they ironed everything out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=6074244

Nice. Didn't need to be done, but the media was gonna try to have a field day with this issue so Rodgers ended it. The team are like brothers, you won't always get along with eachother but in the end they are there for eachother
Old 01-30-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enough about the negative photo B.S.

Here's some good news:

Quote:
Defensive line coach Mike Trgovac indicated that he will not leave the Packers for the opportunity for a defensive coordinator job elsewhere.

"I will do that again," Trgovac said of running his own defense. "It's just not the right time for me right now." Trgovac has been mentioned as a possibility for both the Eagles and the Cardinals.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1044056.html
Old 01-30-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Definitely good news, for now. He did say he wants to do it again eventually, but in the meantime it looks like the Pack don't have to worry about him moving on.

Perry, on the other hand, looks likely to go. He's already quoted as saying he feels ready, and there is already reports of Oakland and PHilly having interest, with the CArds as a possibility as well. Winston Moss' name has come up to. We'll see how it all goes. This is part of the result of winning. As long as Dom stays though, that's what matters most
Old 01-30-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
As long as Dom stays though, that's what matters most
I agree. Dom is the key.
D*ck Lebeau has been the constant in Pittsburgh and they always have good defenses.

I'd like to keep Trgovic and Greene though. I'd like Greene to study long enough under Capers to eventually take over as our DC for 10 years after that.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I agree. Dom is the key.
D*ck Lebeau has been the constant in Pittsburgh and they always have good defenses.

I'd like to keep Trgovic and Greene though. I'd like Greene to study long enough under Capers to eventually take over as our DC for 10 years after that.
Greene is the guy I really want to stick around, he's been awesome.

As long as we have McCarthy and Dom, though, we're good.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Being reported that Clay Matthews has won the Defensive Player of the Year award! If so, that's back to back seasons for this defense. Awesome
Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy Polamalu won it by 2 votes over Clay.

Well if Clay needed any additional motivation he just got it.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

reporters with the swing and the miss on the report that Matthews was winning it. Oh well
Old 01-31-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turns out Clay finished 2nd. Unreal few minutes. I don't have a problem with him losing but I do with the voting.

Troy Polamalu 17
Clay Matthews 15
James Harrison 8
Julius Peppers 6
Brian Urlacher 2

Basically its what have you done for me lately. All canidates were deep playoff teams and guys like Tamba Hali and Cameron Wake didn't even receive a vote? No offense to Polamalu but I wouldn't even place him in my top 5. Pass rush creates opportunities for the secondary and its not like he had a shut down season like Woodson had last year.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The AP awards are voted on before the playoffs.