Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

307 yards, 67% completion, 3 TDs, 0.6 Ints

Rodgers stats per game through seven post-season games. Includes the 3 rushing TDs but NOT rushing yardage. Stare at those numbers. I haven't gone through but I'm going to go ahead and wager if he retired today those would be the best ever with 7 or more post-season starts for a QB (except maybe Kurt Warner?) although 2 of those (Bears and Giants this year) wouldn't technically count.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Seems to be significant depth at OLB (or OLB conversions) so I wouldn't be opposed to trading back if Houston is there and a team wants to give up some picks to come get him. If Carimi, Solder, Sherrod are all gone, what OL is really worth that pick? Why not trade back into the 2nd to get a 2nd tier OT and picks?
I don't know if we need an OLB at all honestly. Brad Jones is a pretty good starter and Zombo and Walden have both had success there. Poppinga will be back as well, and Chillar played there a little bit. That's 5 guys, amazing depth at the position should injuries happen and we have options if our starter isn't getting it done. If we are going to draft one, it would have to be a first round starter, and we would have to really, really like him because it might force us to cut Zombo or Jones. Poppinga probably has to get cut regardless if we want to keep Walden, who was brought in not long after Poppinga went on IR.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
307 yards, 67% completion, 3 TDs, 0.6 Ints

Rodgers stats per game through seven post-season games. Includes the 3 rushing TDs but NOT rushing yardage. Stare at those numbers. I haven't gone through but I'm going to go ahead and wager if he retired today those would be the best ever with 7 or more post-season starts for a QB (except maybe Kurt Warner?) although 2 of those (Bears and Giants this year) wouldn't technically count.
I'm 99.9% sure he has the best QB rating in the playoffs ever minimum 100 attempts. He had the lead going into the game by a few points and his rating was 111.4 in the Super Bowl which is really close to what it was going into the game. Might be higher, don't remember, I know it was really close though.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-07-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I don't know if we need an OLB at all honestly. Brad Jones is a pretty good starter and Zombo and Walden have both had success there. Poppinga will be back as well, and Chillar played there a little bit. That's 5 guys, amazing depth at the position should injuries happen and we have options if our starter isn't getting it done. If we are going to draft one, it would have to be a first round starter, and we would have to really, really like him because it might force us to cut Zombo or Jones. Poppinga probably has to get cut regardless if we want to keep Walden, who was brought in not long after Poppinga went on IR.
I think one of Walden or Jones could definitely emerge as a legit pass rusher. Both have shown flashes. I'd rather we address OT and CB then OLB. Also important to consider that the scheme Capers runs, DBs are really more important then a 2nd pass-rushing OLB due to the frequency of 5 DB formations.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Seems to be significant depth at OLB (or OLB conversions) so I wouldn't be opposed to trading back if Houston is there and a team wants to give up some picks to come get him. If Carimi, Solder, Sherrod are all gone, what OL is really worth that pick? Why not trade back into the 2nd to get a 2nd tier OT and picks?
The only guy along the o-line worth picking at the bottom of round one that isn't one of the three i listed would possibly be Marcus Cannon and that would be to play left guard, which I'm not a big fan in investing a first rounder on; would much rather take John Moffitt or Danny Watkins with our second rounder. Costanzo could have entered the picture with a solid Senior Bowl but I think he's more of a mid to late second round guy at this point and I don't see Tyron Smith as a tackle prospect we wanna pursue to play the left side.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would be Ok going into next season with Walden and Zombo competing for the starting job. Jones can't seem to stay healthy. I like Chillar but at ILB. I didn't see anything from him at OLB that convinced me he's cut out for that role. Poppinga provides depth and ST but that's about it. Wouldn't want to depend on him to start for any length of time.

I guess I'd be alright with Walden/Jones/Zombo/Chillar as 4th OLB and primary ILB backup. I think Walden has shown a lot of potential and am excited to see what Greene can do with him if OTAs and training camp actually happen this offseason. Come on CBA.

Still not opposed to bringing in a rookie with potential. I know we just beat them but the Steelers seem to always bring in young OLBs even though they have entrenched starters on both sides. That way they can develop them to be ready when the current guys retire or leave via FA. The only entrenched starter we have is Clay.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The only guy along the o-line worth picking at the bottom of round one that isn't one of the three i listed would possibly be Marcus Cannon and that would be to play left guard, which I'm not a big fan in investing a first rounder on; would much rather take John Moffitt or Danny Watkins with our second rounder. Costanzo could have entered the picture with a solid Senior Bowl but I think he's more of a mid to late second round guy at this point and I don't see Tyron Smith as a tackle prospect we wanna pursue to play the left side.
Marcus Cannon would be a bad fit IMO. Moffitt would be soso but I like his style and I like him as a prospect. Daryn Colledge might be worth keeping around though. His run blocking is pretty suspect, but he can pass block well and he never gets hurt. It might be best to keep him and have some consistency next to our new left tackle. However, UFAs off super bowl winning teams always get giant contract offers and he's not a player I would over pay for. On the other hand, he's from Alaska, went to Boise State, and won a Super Bowl in GB so there is a good chance he'd want to stay here.

If we can't get Carimi and Costanzo is on the board at 32, I want him. Carimi is my #1 OT, Costanzo my #2, and after that it gets pretty dicey. Not many players that have a chance on the left edge besides those two. Tyron Smith is trash. Solder is too tall for my liking and I don't like his pro potential much. DeMarcus Love and Derek Sherrod are both interesting options. They sound good on paper but I haven't seen any tape on them. I might have to do some homework on them.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-07-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our defense is going to be ridiculous next year. Capers is going to get a ton of linebackers back from injury to play around with, we'll probably see the Big Okie set again with Chillar coming back from injury now, and with Shields and Williams developing further, along with Matthews/Raji/Walden, Mike Neal coming back from injury, Barnett possibly coming back depending on whether or not we sign him to a new contract. Kind of a ramble, but we have some seriously good things to be excited about for next year.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
And, I gotta say....Jarrett Freaking Bush had a helluva game. he stepped up. the interception was a terrific effort on his part and he looked mostly capable the whole second half. He's been the most unversally disliked Packer over the years, but man....he came up big when we needed him.
He had the half good-half very lucky interception, but other than that he was his usual terrible self on defense. He was beat in coverage multiple times, including getting owned for a TD.
Quote:
That's the great thing about being Super Bowl Champions, we don't have many needs. Could we get by at OLB with what we have? Definitely. However if we can get another big time player opposite Matthews it'll make our already top defense much better. I don't think it's first round or nothing either. If Capers and Greene can make UDFAs and 7th rounders into decent players, I think they could do more with say a 3rd round talent. I'd have no problem cutting Zombo either.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a total homer pick, and not our greatest need by any means, but God would I love to see JJ Watt on that Packers' defense for years to come! His relentlessness reminds me a lot of a young Aaron Kampman albeit with the extra size necessary to fit in as a 3-4 DE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

It seems like most of the coaches are going to come back which I think is key to the off-season. As most have said, TT, MM, and Aaron is a killer combo and I think most of the other coaches see that they have a great shot of repeating.

I really wonder if TT goes against the grain this year and trades up to get an impact guy. At this point I think most Packers fans watch the draft and need to not listen to ESPN or NFL Network when they say this pick is a reach because TT gives Mike the guys and says, coach em up which Mike has proven he can do.

I'd really love Jerrel Jernigan from Troy, solid small school WR that can help in the Special Teams area too.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys. You gotta be excited about winning the SB and knowing you get a ton of players back, I can't believe Rodgers played so well and gets his favorite toy in Jermichael back next season to boot.

I'm also excited about Sam Shields, I knew you guys had a find with him. I watched him in your scrimmage and came over just to post my thoughts on him, and it was obvious that he had talent, a bunch of it. He seems to be what I thought Mike Hawkins would be for you guys a few years ago, I don't know if he can develop into a #1 guy or not, but he's certainly not lacking potential and he still is gonna get alot better.

I would just continue to build the O-line, because that's always gonna be important, and focus everything else on the defense making plays. Capers was a hot name, enjoy him for probably 1 more season. He was almost on the Cowboys D staff a few years ago, and easily could have been our choice this year over Rob Ryan if you guys didn't make the playoffs.

After this run though, he's a HC candidate next season, might as well go all out next year on that side and enjoy it while things are good.

In fact here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I watched the whole game(thank you NFL Network), football is football to me and I wouldn't mind watching more of those games from different teams.

Finley was a beast as expected, he's gotten so much bigger, his blocking looked alot better and stronger at the POA, and he gets alot of looks inside the red zone which could become a trend.

Jordy also looks like he could become a starter at some point, that early catch was pretty sick.

I also came away very impressed with Sam Shields, you guys may have something with him, very intriguing player I'll be keeping an eye on.

Only guy who was missing in the SB was Finley :( But looks like there was some sort of theme starting that night at least. Makes me glad I was able to catch that scrimmage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 02-07-2011 at 10:28 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Capers was a hot name, enjoy him for probably 1 more season. He was almost on the Cowboys D staff a few years ago, and easily could have been our choice this year over Rob Ryan if you guys didn't make the playoffs.
I'm sick of people, well actually it's really just Cowboys fans, saying that. Other than for a head coaching job, what possible reason would he have to leave Green Bay?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I'm sick of people, well actually it's really just Cowboys fans, saying that. Other than for a head coaching job, what possible reason would he have to leave Green Bay?

You just said it yourself. A head coaching job. I think after 1 more great season on that side of the ball he'll get a shot. I didn't say he would leave this off-season, I just said he would have been a candidate for us, or a "choice". Not that he would have up and left or anything, just that we would have probably tried to pry him away.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
IMO, If Dom were 15-20 years younger he probably take another HC job. I think he's almost 60 and probably realizes that TT is going to continue to get him players and he can help build a dynasty with MM and Aaron.

All the coaches need to look at the Patriots coaches over the last number of years and realize that sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Congrats guys. You gotta be excited about winning the SB and knowing you get a ton of players back, I can't believe Rodgers played so well and gets his favorite toy in Jermichael back next season to boot.

I'm also excited about Sam Shields, I knew you guys had a find with him. I watched him in your scrimmage and came over just to post my thoughts on him, and it was obvious that he had talent, a bunch of it. He seems to be what I thought Mike Hawkins would be for you guys a few years ago, I don't know if he can develop into a #1 guy or not, but he's certainly not lacking potential and he still is gonna get alot better.

I would just continue to build the O-line, because that's always gonna be important, and focus everything else on the defense making plays. Capers was a hot name, enjoy him for probably 1 more season. He was almost on the Cowboys D staff a few years ago, and easily could have been our choice this year over Rob Ryan if you guys didn't make the playoffs.

After this run though, he's a HC candidate next season, might as well go all out next year on that side and enjoy it while things are good.

In fact here it is:

Only guy who was missing in the SB was Finley :( But looks like there was some sort of theme starting that night at least. Makes me glad I was able to catch that scrimmage.
I shudder to think at the possibility of losing Capers at some point, as he's obviously the mastermind behind our defensive success, but I'm not entirely convinced that he's interested in pursuing another head coaching gig down the road. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but at 60 years old - which isn't really that old at all, but old enough - in a league obsessed with the latest and greatest "prodigies," he may opt to take the Dick Lebeau approach and focus on doing what he does best at a place where the sky's the limit. He's been a coach in this league for 30 odd years and just now got his 1st Super Bowl victory, I've got to imagine that it tastes pretty sweet to him - as surely the possibility of adding a few more must. Now he may very well want to put his own stamp on a team and try to cement a legacy as a successful head coach, but he's got to be acutely aware of the fact that, should he stay on in GB, he could be as legendary and revered in this city as Lebeau is in Pittsburgh. Now that's not a bad legacy by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Last edited by Vince Lombardi : 02-07-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

That's true, I didn't consider his age. Maybe I'm just used to the common theme where all these OC's and DC's are jumping ship to the "next best thing". He has a great set-up in place so he could be fine right where he is until he retires.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but at 60 years old - which isn't really that old at all, but old enough - in a league obsessed with the latest and greatest "prodigies," he may opt to take the Dick Lebeau approach and focus on doing what he does best at a place where the sky's the limit.
LeBeau took a head coaching job when he was 63.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at Lambeau today for the return. I have family going for the big show tomorrow, but that didn't work into my schedule. Definitely worth it. My friends and I got a spot along the fence (near the main stairs) and received several highfives. The players were great, but the one guy you could tell was really appreciating the moment was Driver. He came along the fence and was individually putting his hand on the hands of the fans shaking them. Getting a look at the Lombardi and a shake from Quickie was a great experience.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

Fantastic Interview with Rodgers and Letterman!!!!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to post this somewhere, and I figured this would be the least inflammatory place.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers needs some sleep. in Dallas for the game on sunday...stayed there sunday night. monday, went to disney world for the super bowl MVP parade and commercial shoot. Then, off to New York to do Letterman on monday night. Now back in GB for the celebration.

Dude had to spend time in 4 states in the last 40 hours.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I have to post this somewhere, and I figured this would be the least inflammatory place.

Ain't that the ******* truth....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Capers was a hot name, enjoy him for probably 1 more season. He was almost on the Cowboys D staff a few years ago, and easily could have been our choice this year over Rob Ryan if you guys didn't make the playoffs.
Quote:
You just said it yourself. A head coaching job. I think after 1 more great season on that side of the ball he'll get a shot. I didn't say he would leave this off-season, I just said he would have been a candidate for us, or a "choice". Not that he would have up and left or anything, just that we would have probably tried to pry him away.
Initially you said "over Rob Ryan" whom was hired as DC. Since he is under contract the Cowboys would need to get permission before interviewing Capers for a lateral move. Or did you mean that he would have been a candidate for the HC position?
Old 02-08-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Capers is likely to get paid head coach type money to stay in GB. He's doing something he's successful at, opposed to his, frankly, failures as a HC. He has a surplus of young talent that buy into his season and any new talent that comes in will buy into it as well, do to Super Bowl success and strong character guys on that team. Right now you have Woodson as a leader and for years to come we have Matthews and Raji whom are both building themselves as leaders in their own right.

Unless Capers thinks he can win as a HC, he won't leave. And frankly he won't be a top name on people's wishlists. Guys like Gruden will always rank ahead of him for the primo opportunities and there's no way he leaves to go coach a Houston Texans type of team. People already knew he was a top 3 defensive coordinator, that doesn't change his faults as a head coach.