Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a great year! Beating the Bears at Soldier Field and accepting the Halas Trophy there. Then it gets one better and the Packers beat the Steelers for the Vince Lobardi trophy, in Dallas with Jerry Jones watching. So, so sweet!
On the assumption these knuckleheads can work out soemthing to split a $9 billion revenue stream, GB also has the 16 guys coming back from injury and Johnny Jolly back from suspension, if he's not in prison and the Packers still want him. Toss in that TT gets to pick another handful of players for the draft and the team has great looking long-term prospects.
Go, Pack, Go!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People started tailgating in the early AM and the welcome back was sold out. God I love Packer fans.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sold it out when it was 7 degrees with a -10 windchill.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I uploaded a few video clips I took at the game.
Here was the cool Packers intro. Not sure if Fox showed you viewers this on the broadcast, but seeing it there in person, and watching it here over & over, I have to tell you, it still gives me goosebumps as it did then!!!

What a moment.
I also got the opening kickoff uploaded as well.
You can see how huge this place is.... we were way up, but there were thousands and thousands higher up.

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from the Return to Titletown event today and let me tell you it was amazing. Got to slap hands with B.J. Raji as he was leaving the stadium. Really wish I could've touched the trophy, but being there was amazing.

Donald Driver got the loudest and longest ovation out of them all. And I would like to put it out there that I started the MVP chant for AROD at the stadium.

What an amazing season!!!!!
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Just got back from the Return to Titletown event today and let me tell you it was amazing. Got to slap hands with B.J. Raji as he was leaving the stadium. Really wish I could've touched the trophy, but being there was amazing.

Donald Driver got the loudest and longest ovation out of them all. And I would like to put it out there that I started the MVP chant for AROD at the stadium.

What an amazing season!!!!!
I really hope you went home without washing your hand and fapped. It's only appropriate.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if anyone here also follows MMA but this is pretty cool.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Packers are Super Bowl champions and NFL Network just had a show about the 98 Vikings...great weak or greatest week?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I really hope you went home without washing your hand and fapped. It's only appropriate.
I don't think that's what people refer to when they talk about getting a BJ. But hey, to each his own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched the Super Bowl again. Man I would have loved to see Woodson play the second half. I was ready to cut James Jones a few days ago but on second replay he made some good, key catches and only had 1 drop which would have been a tough catch. He should have had it, but it wasn't an easy play. Ben played horrible about 75% of the snaps. Rodgers might have played the perfect game. Every throw he made was right there, lots of them he threaded right between a corner and a linebacker while looking off a safety. The only plays that maybe he could have done better on were the 3 sacks, but who knows what options he had on those plays.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am getting so annoyed with the cut James Jones people. I hope we sign him to a long term deal. He's our starter along with Jennings next year, even if Driver is technically the one listed.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I am getting so annoyed with the cut James Jones people. I hope we sign him to a long term deal. He's our starter along with Jennings next year, even if Driver is technically the one listed.
Rodgers threw 6 passes Jones way, and 5 were completions. That's pretty good by my math and that was the best of any of the WRs, other than the 2-2 to Driver.

Jones seems to be great at catching the low ones.

Next year targets:

#1- Jennings (24%)
#2- Finley (22%)
#3- Jones (17%)
#4- Jordyzz (12%)
#5- Driver (10%)
#6- Others (15%)
Old 02-10-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plenty of guys with their contracts up. Will be interesting to see how the CBA affects things.

Cullen Jenkins-Should be the top priority this offseason. The defensive line should be in great shape after getting Jolly and Neal back, but Jenkins is far too valuable to let go.

James Jones- With James Jones, we have the best receiving corps in the league. Without him, it's very good, but not elite. He's had his problem with drops, but as he gets more consistent opportunities, that should improve. This one is probably up to Jones. With Finley coming back, he might decide to move on and be a starter somewhere else. That would be understandable on his part, but the team should make a hard push to keep him. He's not as dispensable as some have made him out to be.

Daryn Colledge- Also should be brought back. Might not be the best guard, but I don't see us doing any better. Can't risk going into the draft with nobody at LG.

Mason Crosby- I'd be happy to stay with Crosby. Should be easy to re-sign.

Atari Bigby- If we bring back Peprah, there isn't much room or use for Bigby.

Charlie Peprah- This is one of the most interesting decisions. It's hard to imagine that the front office doesn't see Burnett as the long term starter. He looked good in the few games he played and has more upside than Peprah. If they can bring back Peprah cheap and have an open competition between him and Burnett, by all means do that. Otherwise, you probably have to let a very serviceable player walk.

John Kuhn- Fan favorite, we make great use of him in Green Bay, no reason he won't be brought back.

Brandon Jackson- Probably gone. He's a good third down back, not a starter. With the emergence of Starks and return of Grant, Jackson will probably want to get a shot somewhere else.

Korey Hall- He's my third favorite of our fullbacks, but he should stick around. Good special teamer.

Jason Spitz-Gone. He should be able to find a starting job somewhere else. In retrospect, we should have traded him before the start of the season.

Matt Wilhelm- Doesn't matter.

Anthony Smith- Doesn't matter.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Smith already resigned, and I think it does matter. It allows us to let Bigby go.

FS: Nick Collins SS: Charlie Peprah, backups: Morgan Burnett, Anthony Smith.

Jenkins, Jones, Crosby, Peprah, and Kuhn should definitely be brought back.

The only reason I didn't include Colledge is to hold out the ever ridiculously slim hope that we could sign one of Nicks/Mankins/Joseph. Otherwise Colledge has to be back. I do not want to go into the season with TJ Lang as our starting LG. Colledge was actually good this year. He's very solid in pass protection, it's just frustrating that he offers next to nothing in the run game.

Brandon Jackson could go either way. I'd probably let him go. We can use Kuhn as a third down back if Starks can't do it or we don't get someone in the draft that can.

I have a feeling Hall will go somewhere that he is the only fullback on the roster instead of one of three. I'm perfectly fine with keeping three fullbacks though if he does come back.

Matt Wilhelm has no chance of making our roster next year even if we sign him to an offseason contract.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I want to keep Peprah very badly. Used to be a Bigby backer, not anymore.
Keep Peprah, and hope Burnett isn't brittle.

Kuhn has to stay.
I really like Brandon Jackson the person, and the 3rd down guy.

I'd almost rather trade Ryan Grant if there was a fair offer for him, and keep the RBs as they were down the stretch this season.

Jackson's emotion brought tears to my eye the other day. He loves Green Bay and wants to stay. I think Ted & Mike value character and heart more than any other organization. I hope he stays >>>unless we draft a stud PR/KR who can be the 3rd RB.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CHARLES WOODSON GOT A SUPER BOWL RING, MOFOS!

Greatness.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can never have enough quality Dlineman. With Jolly coming back, Neal healthy, I would LOVE to see them bring Jenkins back...but after his interview tuesday I'm just not optimistic about it. I think he's looking for a big payday(don't blame him he's earned it) but I doubt the Pack give it to him

James Jones I don't know what they'll do. I assume they want him back, but he might not want to be back. He might get offered bigger bucks by a lesser team to be "their guy" while in Green Bay he'd be a #2/3 splitting reps with Jordy.

Colledge - another guy who will be looking to cash in, and I don't know if the Pack will want to pay him. He has been solid, nothing spectacular. I'd rather they bring him back as well, since I do not like them to continue changing up the OL year after year. They finally got some continuity and I want to keep it as is

Crosby - he'll be back

Bigby - he's gone. McCarthy preaches about accountability and availability and the guy just hasn't been available much lately with nagging injuries. Doesn't help that Peprah/Burnett most likely have passed him up on the depth chart

Peprah - Don't think he'll cost much so I believe he'll be back

Kuhn/Jackson/Hall - I believe they bring both Kuhn and Jackson back, and let Hall go. Kuhn/Johnson will be the main FB's while Jackson continues to be the 3rd down back.

Spitz/Wilhelm are both gone.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Can never have enough quality Dlineman. With Jolly coming back, Neal healthy, I would LOVE to see them bring Jenkins back...but after his interview tuesday I'm just not optimistic about it. I think he's looking for a big payday(don't blame him he's earned it) but I doubt the Pack give it to him
Losing Jenkins would be a big blow for our defense. He was our second best pass rusher until Raji emerged late in the season.

James Jones, yeah, I think we need to try and keep him. It limits our options with Swain as a #3/4 pretty drastically and as we've seen from this season, we can't expect explosiveness and consistently being available from Driver.

Problem with both is they'll be looking for big pay days. Jenkins might get one, hard to see us paying Jones #1 money in any way, though.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I expect the Packers to tag JEnkins if they can't work something out. I really want him back. Pickett/Jolly at LDE, Raji/Green or Pickett if Green isn't back at NT, and Jenkins/Neal at RDE. That is one awesome Dline
Old 02-11-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I expect the Packers to tag JEnkins if they can't work something out. I really want him back. Pickett/Jolly at LDE, Raji/Green or Pickett if Green isn't back at NT, and Jenkins/Neal at RDE. That is one awesome Dline
I can definitely see us tagging Jenkins. People underestimate how important a 3-4 DE of his ability is. And who says we're bringing Jolly back? Considering how much we emphasize character, I wouldn't be shocked to see him traded. And Jenkins > Jolly at this point, in my opinion.

I think if we lose Jones we need to make a play for a legit #3 type WR. That'd probably have to happen through the draft, though.

Very hard to see us bring back more then 1, 2 tops, out of A.J. Hawk, Nick Barnett, James Jones, Cullen Jenkins, Bigby.

If you can only have 1 of those, who'd it be? Who'd be the 2nd?

I'd go Jenkins then Hawk. I think it's pretty clear at this point that Bigby and Barnett won't be back.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I can definitely see us tagging Jenkins. People underestimate how important a 3-4 DE of his ability is. And who says we're bringing Jolly back? Considering how much we emphasize character, I wouldn't be shocked to see him traded. And Jenkins > Jolly at this point, in my opinion.
Jenkins has always been better than Jolly. 2009 Jolly was quite good though, and if he is anywhere near that form I'd bring him back. I don't think the "character concerns" for him would scare us off. We kept him around for the two years he put off the suspension after it happened. If we don't bring him back it'll be performance based.

Quote:
Very hard to see us bring back more then 1, 2 tops, out of A.J. Hawk, Nick Barnett, James Jones, Cullen Jenkins, Bigby.

If you can only have 1 of those, who'd it be? Who'd be the 2nd?

I'd go Jenkins then Hawk. I think it's pretty clear at this point that Bigby and Barnett won't be back.
Barnett shouldn't be included in that group. He's already signed to a reasonable deal. The only way he could be gone is if we want Hawk instead.

Bigby is gone. Peprah earned the starting spot and Burnett is a decent option as the third safety. No reason to keep him around unless he comes real cheap.

Jenkins is clearly #1. I don't think you can really argue otherwise. After that I'd say James Jones.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Barnett shouldn't be included in that group. He's already signed to a reasonable deal. The only way he could be gone is if we want Hawk instead.
Man, I guess Jolly is still under contract, too, 'cuz of his suspension. I foresee him getting traded for a mid-rounder.

I think it's pretty clear we want Hawk over Barnett. Bishop has made Barnett rather pointless and he's been a distraction, not to mention injury prone. I can't think of anyone that wouldn't like to see us drop Barnett if it means working out a reasonable contract with Hawk.

I loved Barnett in a 4-3, but he's never fit as a 3-4.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Man, I guess Jolly is still under contract, too, 'cuz of his suspension. I foresee him getting traded for a mid-rounder.

I think it's pretty clear we want Hawk over Barnett. Bishop has made Barnett rather pointless and he's been a distraction, not to mention injury prone. I can't think of anyone that wouldn't like to see us drop Barnett if it means working out a reasonable contract with Hawk.

-I loved Barnett in a 4-3, but he's never fit as a 3-4.
I would love to get a mid-rounder for Jolly.

-Hawk over Barnett.... agree. For many reasons.
#1- he's better
#2- he's more durable
#3- he's younger
#4- he doesn't b*tch and tweet his every thought
#5- he doesn't get arrested over some night club incident and claim racism
#6- Ted drafted Hawk. Ted did not draft Barnett

I wonder if either Jolly or Barnett would fetch anything in a trade.
Would it send a bad message to the rest of the team if we shipped Barnett, Jolly, and Ryan Grant to Cleveland or Buffalo for a #2 draft pick?
Old 02-11-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I wonder if either Jolly or Barnett would fetch anything in a trade.
Would it send a bad message to the rest of the team if we shipped Barnett, Jolly, and Ryan Grant to Cleveland or Buffalo for a #2 draft pick?
No chance whatsoever Ryan Grant isn't on our team next year and no reason whatsoever he shouldn't be. Grant + Starks gives us 2 legit running backs and with injuries and such, it's been proven time and time again by our team that more running backs is a good thing.

Plus, TT won't make any flashy trades. I can see Jolly straight up for a 5th rounder, Barnett to a 4-3 team for a 3rd or 4th, though. Barnett played at a pro-bowl level for most of his 4-3 years. And I trust TT to turn a 4th and a 5th into value.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
No chance whatsoever Ryan Grant isn't on our team next year and no reason whatsoever he shouldn't be. Grant + Starks gives us 2 legit running backs and with injuries and such, it's been proven time and time again by our team that more running backs is a good thing.

Plus, TT won't make any flashy trades. I can see Jolly straight up for a 5th rounder, Barnett to a 4-3 team for a 3rd or 4th, though. Barnett played at a pro-bowl level for most of his 4-3 years. And I trust TT to turn a 4th and a 5th into value.
^ That all would be great! ^
I'd also like to keep Brandon Jackson by the way. He's very important to Rodgers on 3rd downs, and I think his best is still in front of him. I can see him blossoming into a Kevin Faulk type for Aaron over the next 5 years.