Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Yeah, interior linebackers are not a hot commodity by any means these days. Anyone remember what Jonathan Vilma went for? I think it was like a 4th.
A 4th plus a conditional pick which ended up being a 3rd. Vilma was also coming off a knee injury which alot of people thought was career ending

Vilma was 26 when he was traded whereas Barnett is will be 30 years old.

Reguardless though I don't see Barnett returning to Green Bay. The coaches are always talking about 'being available' and Barnett simply hasn't been 2 of the past 3 seasons.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey 49er fan dropping by. What is the scouting the report on Matt Flynn? Do you feel he can start in this league and what would SF have to give up to acquire him? Thanks.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Hey 49er fan dropping by. What is the scouting the report on Matt Flynn? Do you feel he can start in this league and what would SF have to give up to acquire him? Thanks.
i think he's a type of qb that needs talent around him to win, not the type that builds up the talent around him. Maybe a 3rd or 4th+5th gets the deal done. I doubt the Packers would ask for a lot.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Flynn is your typical west coast offense QB. He doesn't have elite arm that can stretch the field but he can make most of the throws needed to be a starting QB. A big asset is his above average mobility.

I don't feel like he's going to be any teams long term solution at QB but I do think he could be a nice stop gap in a search and development of a franchise signal caller. However, a team like the 49ers would be an ideal fit for him with their offenisve line, running game, and have 2 targets like Davis and Crabtree already in place.

I think a 3rd-5th round pick this year with a conditional pick in 2012 would be a fair starting point.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn's worth to the Packers as a capable backup is much more than a 5th round draft pick.

He's a young QB with a promising upside. I honestly wouldn't let him go for anything less than a 3rd + a 5th. And I doubt a guy who recently spent a 2nd rounder on a young backup QB (Brohm) would either.

Kind of cool- Capers playbook from the Panthers:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/47628592/9...86jpe9nvijgwen

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 02-13-2011 at 06:03 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
i think he's a type of qb that needs talent around him to win, not the type that builds up the talent around him. Maybe a 3rd or 4th+5th gets the deal done. I doubt the Packers would ask for a lot.
I don't think Flynn has any leverage whatsoever, especially with guys like McNabb, Vince Young, Bulger, maybe Carson Palmer available.

Plus Ted and Mike do not want to trade him. The kid knows our system and as we saw in New England, he appears ready to keep the offense moving pretty well if Rodgers gets hurt again.... hopefully nothing but still, just in case.

If I was in Ted's shoes, I would not trade him unless someone made a very generous offer.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep Flynn this off-season, draft a later round guy at QB this year, and if the rookie shows promise, try and trade Flynn next off-season. I think he could easily get a 3rd + 4th, or something similar to that.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we could get a third rounder I'd take it no question. Maybe even a 4th. Flynn is under contract for one more year. After that he's leaving. One year of a backup QB is not worth more than the draft picks, especially when we have Thompson drafting.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Keep Flynn this off-season, draft a later round guy at QB this year, and if the rookie shows promise, try and trade Flynn next off-season. I think he could easily get a 3rd + 4th, or something similar to that.
Can't do that. He only has one more year, and there's no way he'd sign an extension. It's trade him this year or let him walk for nothing next year. I'd definitely take what I could get for him.

Last edited by GB12 : 02-13-2011 at 08:25 PM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw an article that Don Pompei thinks he could be traded for as high as a 2nd.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-8249.html
Most I would like to see SF part for him is a 4th. Thanks for the input.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I don't think Flynn has any leverage whatsoever, especially with guys like McNabb, Vince Young, Bulger, maybe Carson Palmer available.
Well, you see the thing is, all of those guys are either old or suck. Flynn is young with upside.

Quote:
Saw an article that Don Pompei thinks he could be traded for as high as a 2nd.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-8249.html

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a team give up that much for him ( I wouldn't count on it either). He's a QB.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 02-13-2011 at 10:58 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything less then a 3rd rounder would be shocking. He's one of a very select few QBs who are available and have the potential to be a multi-year starter. Not likely, in my opinion, but the potential is plenty.

I'd expect we'll trade him and get a 3rd, maybe with escalators to a 2nd.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn should be worth a second, for sure.

Crosby is a must keep because there aren't other options and I don't want our special teams to suffer any worse. Anyone really want to go through another year or two of Jeremy Kapinos quality kicker play? He's not going to be expensive. Here are our options as I see it:
1) Sign Crosby
2) Sign a similar free agent kicker for the same price, if there even is one available
3) Use a draft pick on a kicker, take him 1-2 rounds higher than market value because we handcuffed ourselves into needing one, and hope he doesn't suck

Crosby hasn't been great but he has to kick in GB which lowers his percentage. He has a leg and it's a small investment to avoid a possible debacle at the position, so that is why it is a must sign to me.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how much faith they have in Graham Harrell being able to be a short-term stop gap?

Remember, we lost the 2 games that Rodgers couldn't finish anyway last year.

But Flynn played well enough in the NE game for us to have beaten almost anyone else that night, and you'd expect him to be even better.

Tough call here..... he wants to go elsewhere and get a chance to play, and he'd also like more money than a last-round pick.
We'd like to keep him as backup as long as possible.
But we don't want to lose him next year for nothing.

What team out there, maybe AZ, would trade a good pick for him when they can draft a more talented one they think they can develop? I don't see it happening. Miami saw what he did in New England..... they hate NE..... they should deal for him.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
What team out there, maybe AZ, would trade a good pick for him when they can draft a more talented one they think they can develop? I don't see it happening. Miami saw what he did in New England..... they hate NE..... they should deal for him.
Thing is, QBs bust all the time. Would a team rather take a possibly higher ceiling but far more likely to utterly fail rookie or trade for a lower upside but probably serviceable at worst guy for less price?

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Flynn is moved the guy I'd like to see brought it to go to QB school is Tolzien. I'd like to see what McCarthy and Clements can do with him. He didn't get a lot of attempts coming from a heavily run-based offense but he seemed to make the most of the attempts he got.

Strong enough arm
Fairly mobile
Good decision making
Smart

I think with a couple seasons of McCarthy's QB school he could at very least be a dependable backup to Rodgers.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
If Flynn is moved the guy I'd like to see brought it to go to QB school is Tolzien. I'd like to see what McCarthy and Clements can do with him. He didn't get a lot of attempts coming from a heavily run-based offense but he seemed to make the most of the attempts he got.

Strong enough arm
Fairly mobile
Good decision making
Smart

I think with a couple seasons of McCarthy's QB school he could at very least be a dependable backup to Rodgers.
Not enough for the NFL level if you ask me. Being smart and being football smart are also 2 very different things. I just don't see him being able to master, let alone run, an NFL offense. We already have a simular player in Grahm Harrell as well.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post

Strong enough arm
Fairly mobile
Good decision making
Smart

agree with the previous poster about arm strength. Also, when has he ever showed mobility?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Not enough for the NFL level if you ask me. Being smart and being football smart are also 2 very different things. I just don't see him being able to master, let alone run, an NFL offense. We already have a simular player in Grahm Harrell as well.
Harrell is actually a better passer and has better pocket presence. He will surprise a lot of people. Thats why i wouldnt be surprised to Flynn gone for a pick whatever it may be. However Flynn as tons of intangibles that makes him attractive to other teams.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Graham Harrell at all. Whether Flynn is gone or not I hope we try someone new instead of Harrell.

Also, McCarthy got a contract extension through 2015.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:47 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I respect Scott, but the Packers taking a CB in the first round is ******* ********.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I respect Scott, but the Packers taking a CB in the first round is ******* ********.
It's definitely not out of the question. The spots we could use some depth at are across the o-line, olb, cb (depending on free agency) wr, d-line. The best player available at those spots will dictate which direction we go.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
agree with the previous poster about arm strength. Also, when has he ever showed mobility?
He's no Cam Newton or even probably Rodgers in terms of mobility but he can move around to buy time and pickup a first down here an there. Not a statue by any means.

His arm seems to be fine in the short to intermediate area. Deep ball needs some work. Sometimes doesn't throw with his feet set properly, which might account for some of that inaccuracy on the deep ball.

He is a 7th round/UDFA guy no doubt. Will need to add weight and get stronger to make it in the NFL, but there is something I like about him. Was an underdog to even start at UW and is now one the best Badger QBs ever. Only started two seasons at UW but improved signficantly from 2009 to 2010.

Competitive, tough, hard working, and supposedly a big film study guy.

I think most of his deficiencies he can improve on with coaching and NFL caliber weight training.

Most likely never a starter but I can see him being a quality backup in a couple of years.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Flynn is moved, I wouldn't mind someone like Ponder or Dalton to join the roster via the draft. They're similar to Flynn, but with more upside and much easier to develop.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
If Flynn is moved, I wouldn't mind someone like Ponder or Dalton to join the roster via the draft. They're similar to Flynn, but with more upside and much easier to develop.
I definitely do not want to spend higher than a fifth on a backup QB. The one Ted Thompson move I truly hated was drafting Brohm in the second. Even if he hadn't busted that would have been a terrible move. Say we get a third for Flynn. That's a nice gain since we took him in the seventh. If we trade off a second or third round QB the net gain is going to be lower. It's high risk low reward. No thanks. I'd rather try to find another Matt Flynn late in the draft.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
not really. TT takes best player available, so position doesnt really matter for us. Obviously there are positions we as fans would like the team to address early, but TT will take who he likes, regardless of position.