Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Edgar is on the track to become an Offensive Coordinator.
This will greatly add to that resume. How do I get that little / over the e at the end of resume?
I tried the two codes I knew to get the e acute and it didn't work. So I can't tell you on this board.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:13 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Edgar is on the track to become an Offensive Coordinator.
This will greatly add to that resume. How do I get that little / over the e at the end of resume?

Résumé

All I did was search Resume in google, then copied and pasted it lol. Simple enough. Alt 0233 also works

Last edited by BloodBrother : 02-26-2011 at 03:17 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL network ticker said Hawk is to be released if deal is not restructured.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, not really surprising. If he doesn't restructure, he's gone. If he does restructure, it's Barnett who will be gone
Old 02-28-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep Hawk! I feel like he is still underrated by Pack fans and especially others who thought he would be much better. Dude is the definition of a solid all-around player, can truly do everything at a solid level and seems like an extremely smart player and good leader.

Would much rather keep him than Barnett, who I loved but I feel his best years are behind him.

Also I haven't posted in here in forever but are people actually serious about getting rid of James Jones? Sure he's had some drop problems but any other team in the NFL would love to have him as a slot guy/ #2 WR. Dude has serious big play potential. Keep our WR core intact!

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to keep James Jones too.
But I want to keep Hawk too.
And I want to keep Jenkins.
I also want to keep Jackson, Colledge, Peprah as well.

It all depends on how high their offers come in at. We won't be able to keep em all.
Jones drops a lot of passes and HUGE ones, almost ended our season in Philly in the Wildcard round. If Akers was not crap that game, our season would have ended there and Jones would not be welcomed back. But the guy still makes a lot of plays, and gets open a lot.... plus he's a good person and a guy that's easy to root for. I hope with Sidney Rice, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, and a few other WRs being available, Jones won't get that huge of an offer.

And I expect Hawk will get a new deal done... not sure how much cash, but I can see a deal like 7-years, $45 million or something like that.... but I'm not a contract guy.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 years $24 million for Hawk. If he wants more, go with Barnett. Hell, I want to keep Barnett over Hawk in the first place. However, I can understand choosing Hawk, but not for a contract any bigger than that.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the guy no one here is mentioning is Chillar. Do we keep Bishop, Hawk/Barnett, and him, or is he going to be cut as well
Old 03-01-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one's talking about him because there's no reason to. He's safe, he's owed only $2 million next year.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:03 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
4 years $24 million for Hawk. If he wants more, go with Barnett. Hell, I want to keep Barnett over Hawk in the first place. However, I can understand choosing Hawk, but not for a contract any bigger than that.
May I ask why Barnett over Hawk? Is it just the money?

To me Hawk is more versatile, better overall player, and younger.

stephenson86
Old 03-01-2011, 03:32 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

It doesnt have anything to do with money. Barnett is still the best linebacker on the team behind Matthews.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It doesnt have anything to do with money. Barnett is still the best linebacker on the team behind Matthews.
No way.
Factoring performance, age, and durability concerns: Hawk is better and Bishop is too, plus a lot younger. They wouldn't have re-inked Bishop if they didn't feel that way going forward.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I disagree but I still feel like Barnett is a good backer and the gap between him and Hawk in my mind isn't that big.

Let's be honest, playing Inside in a 3-4 won't really allow for a lot of flashy plays for a backer so it's kind of hard to determine who is truly better without looking over game film and analyzing their performances individually.

I'm just going off what I saw the last two years watching each game only once. I could be riding the high of AJ playing most of the year this year and our defense being better this year as opposed to last where Barnett played all year.

stephenson86
Old 03-01-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bishop is definitely better and Hawk is either slightly better or even.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:08 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Clay Matthews is ready to put on his best teachers hat. He's going to have to mentor his brother and a rookie I'm pretty sure we'll draft. Since Dom Capers and Kevin Greene won't be able to do it unless this lockout thing wraps up soon... Clay is going to have to go from student to teacher pretty quick since I don't know of another linebacker we have that a rookie could look up to.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He sure is, when he's not on IR.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

It appeared to me the Packers defense didn't miss a beat without Barnett all season... in fact their pass defense in the middle of the field was extremely improved in the short and intermediate areas.

Last year, we were carved up in the middle of the field all the time.

As bad as the skeptics said Bishop was as a cover guy and that's why he wasn't worthy of starting (remember that?), he and Hawk performed better overall than Bishop and Chillar had. Results speak for themselves.

I trust Ted will get this part done right with the LBers.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Hawk just got cut.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Link: http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...73636239810560

Hopefully this is just a precaution and he'll re-sign with us. Everything is different this year with this messy CBA crap.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

And there it is. Good move. And he's not coming back. He can negotiate with anyone now and there will be multiple teams that will pay him more than we will. Barnett and Bishop was the right choice.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Who knows what they do. Maybe they re-negotiate and he comes back on lesser terms. IF not, oh well. This was expected(him or Barnett)

Well, after reading Ted Thompson's press release, I expect them to re-sign him to a friendlier deal.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 03-02-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Who knows what they do. Maybe they re-negotiate and he comes back on lesser terms. IF not, oh well. This was expected(him or Barnett)

Well, after reading Ted Thompson's press release, I expect them to re-sign him to a friendlier deal.
Not sure why anyone is surprised by this. With the CBA uncertainty it was impossible for us to renegotiate at this time and we couldn't risk him getting the amount of money he was set up for. We've said all along the only way we keep him is by renegotiating.

I also think some people might be overestimating his street value. He's an average linebacker and maybe a bit better fit in a 4-3 but he doesn't have any star potential. He's not a flashy player. The question is.. would he take a million more over a 4 or 5 year deal and drastically lower his chances of more rings? Or take a less lucrative deal to remain on a team set up for multiple more championships over his career? He's always spoken highly of being a Packer.

Even his rookie year finishing, what, 3rd? in DRotY I think we were all underwhelmed. He was supposed to be an explosive, flashy player coming out but he's always been more of a gap-filler. A guy that sits in the right place and doesn't overachieve. Frankly, if we lose him it's not the end of the world. Barnett is at least as good when healthy and the way we utilize our 3-4 ILBs I wouldn't be shocked to see us pick one up further down in the draft that comes in and logs time for us.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 03-02-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

If he really wanted to stay in Green Bay and if we really wanted him back there would have been a deal done already. We had all season to work on an extension, but showed no interest in doing so. Then there were three and a half weeks after the Super Bowl to get something done and it didn't happen. I know they were talking the past couple weeks, but clearly neither side was all that interested or two weeks would have been way more than enough time. I don't think he'll be back; I don't want him back. Barnett is better and Chillar is not that much below Hawk. I'm confident our defense could be just fine if with Chillar starting. Bishop is the key, he compliments the other three guys we have. Plug in anyone of those and will be good. Might as well keep the best one around though instead of overpaying for #2. And Hawk isn't going to take much of a pay cut to stay here or it wouldn't have dragged out like that. He's looking to get paid, and once he starts talking to other teams he's going to realize he can get much more elsewhere.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Most sources are saying both sides are working on a deal and that they expect to get something done

If so, obviously Barnett will be cut or traded(don't know how much they can get for him though)
Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

WTF? Is that directed at me?

In any case, reports are that Hawk has signed a 5 year deal. No details on the money yet