Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Who picked it off? Any other big plays from players? I missed it this year.
Brandian Ross...Josh Gordy got picked on quite a bit too

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Who picked it off? Any other big plays from players? I missed it this year.
Brandian Ross had the INT.

It was 1st team offense vs. 2nd team defense, James Jones ran a 5 yard out and there was some miscommunication so it was an easy INT, which was returned for a TD.

As far as other big plays:

Cobb had a long completion with Ross in coverage. Ross looked like he slipped but Cobb still had to go up and get the ball, he then gained another 10 yards or so after the catch.

Rodgers threw a nice fade to Nelson for a TD, against CB Josh Gordy.

Starks looks great. He was hitting the holes hard when he was in there.

Brandon Underwood got injured. They're calling it a right hamstring/thigh.

Other than that practice only lasted for about 30 minutes before being cancelled due to some storms rolling in. Thats makes 3 out of the last 4 years that Family Night has been shortened. Anyone have a Farmers Almanac?
Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great story on Shaky Smithson in JSOnline today. I really hope he can somehow make the team, although it will be tough. Could be a candidate for the PS, but you'd figure he'd get snatched up by some team
Old 08-08-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Shaky, but can't figure out why he would have chosen our team to try and make a team.
Really, we are the deepest WR group in the NFL, and Cobb is our 5th guy and assured of making the team.

Shaky should have chosen San Francisco, but if we can keep him on the practice squad for this year, maybe 2 years, he can take over for Donald Driver.

Nice story from Lori though. http://packersinsider.com/2011/08/pa...for-this-role/
Old 08-08-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible day for the Lions.
They lost their rookie RB stud for the season, Mikel Leshoure.
I agreed with some scouts that he was the best RB in this draft, more explosive than Mark Ingram, and stronger and faster.

I thought he was going to be a difference-maker for both them and whoever drafted him in fantasy football.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I love Shaky, but can't figure out why he would have chosen our team to try and make a team.
Really, we are the deepest WR group in the NFL, and Cobb is our 5th guy and assured of making the team.

Shaky should have chosen San Francisco, but if we can keep him on the practice squad for this year, maybe 2 years, he can take over for Donald Driver.

Nice story from Lori though. http://packersinsider.com/2011/08/pa...for-this-role/
I was wondering the same thing about Shaky, I wonder if picking GB was anything like him picking his college. He may have wanted a positive environment/community for his younger brother and possibly other family members. I believe GB gives him the best chance to provide that.

I would really like to see Shaky and Bradian Ross make the team. Pat Lee and Underwood need to go.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Terrible day for the Lions.
They lost their rookie RB stud for the season, Mikel Leshoure.
I agreed with some scouts that he was the best RB in this draft, more explosive than Mark Ingram, and stronger and faster.

I thought he was going to be a difference-maker for both them and whoever drafted him in fantasy football.
That really sucks for them. They had a potentially good 1-2 punch. Their OTs have been hit with injuries as well.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Sherrod beats Raji, Neal, and Walden during one on ones. Thats power, strength, and speed. This kid is legit.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I could find more info. on how the UDFAs have looked. Can't really seem to find much. Looking forward to pre-season this year because I am pulling for a few guys even though its going to be much harder than most years to make the team.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
I wish I could find more info. on how the UDFAs have looked. Can't really seem to find much. Looking forward to pre-season this year because I am pulling for a few guys even though its going to be much harder than most years to make the team.
Anyone in particular?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

There are a few I am interested in:

Jamari Lattimore, from what I can tell at Family Night this guy looks the part physically, needs to put on some wieght though.

Diondre Borel, I have read his story, need to know more.

Tori Gurley

Anthony Bratton

Brandian Ross, got my attention at Family Need, would like to know more on how he is doing.

Brandon Saine

Shaky Smithson, besides the stories I haven't been able to find anything on how he is performing.

Can't seem to find anything on how these guys are performing, I figure it is probably because they have a long shot at making the roster, but it would be nice to know how their training camps have gone so far.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:11 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers writers didn't have much encouraging things to say about Gurley today. Said for a guy his size he looks timid

Diondre Borel has been excellent though, and I think he's a lock to be on the PS. Very raw, but definitely has the tools

Read a few good things regarding Lattimore, and I'd expect him to be on the PS as well
Old 08-09-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Some camp notes

Quote:
--- On one bright note, Mike Neal has enjoyed a steady recovery from his torn rotator cuff a year ago. The defensive end admitted before camp that his shoulder may not be 100 percent until late October and then did not participate in team activities much of the first week. Now, he is in full, 11-on-11 action with the No. 1 defense. Monday night, Neal showed a good punch off the line, penetrating into the backfield. He has outplayed C.J. Wilson so far.

"He looks very good," McCarthy said. "I thought he really showed up today. Hopefully his injury is in the rearview mirror. He looks good and he's off to a good start. Mike's having a good camp."

Injury update:

Quote:
Two players dropped out of practice on Monday with injuries. Offensive lineman Marshall Newhouse, who was off to a strong start at left tackle, sprained his shoulder, while receiver Brett Swain injured his hamstring.

Kicker Mason Crosby has a sprained ankle and did not kick. McCarthy said he’s “hopeful” Crosby will be ready for the Cleveland game.

Cornerback Brandon Underwood sprained his knee on Saturday night and will be out a couple of weeks.

Also new to the injury list and not practicing were linebacker Cardia Jackson and tackle Chris Campbell. McCarthy was not asked about their injuries.

Continuing to sit out were cornerback Davon House (hamstring), linebacker Diyral Briggs (hamstring), guard Adrian Battles (Achilles) and defensive end Eli Joseph (hamstring).

Returning to practice on Monday from injury were cornerback Tramon Williams (hip), linebacker Clay Matthews (glute), tight end Tom Crabtree (hip flexor), receiver Greg Jennings (hip flexor) and defensive end Lawrence Guy (concussion).

hopefully Newhouse sprained shoulder isn't a big deal. Doesn't sound like it. He's been probably the most impressive guy in camp as far as growth/improvement goes
Old 08-09-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
hopefully Newhouse sprained shoulder isn't a big deal. Doesn't sound like it. He's been probably the most impressive guy in camp as far as growth/improvement goes
Thanks for the update Blood.

Yes, we need to keep him and guys like him healthy. Shoulder is very important to a tackle for sure.

Regarding Mike Neal: we know he's good, potentially a stud and a difference-maker. I'm only concerned with his durability. He needs to last.....stay on the field like Kevin Williams has for the Grape Apes over his career.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
He's back at practice tonight.

Bulaga also looks to be much improved. He's held the Claymaker in check quite often during one on ones. If he gets better our offense line is going to be among of the top units again this year. Funny to think that just a few years ago we were starting Adrian Klemm...

Sitton, Bulaga, and Sherrod are going to be anchoring our offensive line for a LONG time.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:55 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Clay just revealed that he played the 2nd half of the season with a stress fracture in his lower leg

dude was a beast last year and wasn't even at full strength
Old 08-10-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I look forward to seeing how this formation looks during the season

Packers consider reconfigured base defense

reading about it has me excited about its potential
Old 08-10-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finely talking... I dont have a problem because thats just what he likes to do and last year he was right :D

Quote:
Packers tight end Jermichael Finley has a message for the Eagles and the Saints: Enjoy everyone talking about you during the preseason while you can.

Finley was asked on WSSP in Milwaukee why the Eagles and Saints are getting more national media attention than the defending champion Packers, and Finley said it’s just a matter of time before that changes.

“I ain’t worrying about all that,” Finley said, via Sports Radio Interviews. “All that talk with the Eagles and the Saints, that will come to a halt, I guarantee you.”

Finley said he’s eager for the Packers’ September 8 opener against the Saints at Lambeau Field. And he dismissed Eagles quarterback Vince Young’s claim that the Eagles are a “dream team.”

“Ah man, that’s just talk,” Finley said. “That’s on paper. VY is a backup, I don’t think he should be doing too much talking.”

Now what is this bunch of **** from the Vikings.. thanks for the poster material..
Quote:
In the latest example of what can best be described as the Rex Ryanification of the NFL, a largely unknown Vikings defensive lineman who is poised to crack the starting lineup in 2001 has sounded off regarding the reigning league champions, the Packers.

Brian Robison, who’ll replace Ray Edwards at left defensive end, shared his views with Paul Allen and Pete Bercich of KFAN regarding Green Bay’s Super Bowl XLV championship.

“I know there might be some Vikings fans that get mad at me for saying this,” Robison said. “But I’m kind of glad they won the Super Bowl last year.”

Wait, what?

“Simply for the fact that I can say after this year we’re gonna kick the crap out of the Super Bowl champs twice,” Robison said. “Hopefully we’ll meet them in the playoffs and kick the crap out of them again.”
The statement comes on the same day that Packers tight end Jermichael Finley guaranteed that “all the talk” regarding the Eagles and Saints will end soon. Though the Packers will have something to say about — and to — the Saints on September 8 (on NBC), the Packers won’t play the Eagles until the postseason at the earliest.

As to the Vikings, they’ll get the Packers at least twice. Thanks to Robison, the rivalry has another layer of intrigue.
Brian Robison should really stop smoking crack

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I swear, Finley finishes every sentence of his with "I guarantee you that" regardless of what the subject is
Old 08-10-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who the f*ck is Brian Robinson? Some crap 2nd String DE. My little finger is probably more talented than this dipsh*t!!!
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Brian Robinson sounds like the next Chris Hovan. Some scrub for the Vikes who mouths off and then is quickly forgotten

back to Pack news, WR Chastin West rolled his ankle in practice today and had to leave, but came back later on which is good. He is having a very impressive camp. Most likely won't make the roster just due to the depth at the position but he'll definitely make another team who needs WR help

Last edited by BloodBrother : 08-10-2011 at 10:18 PM.
BloodBrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Logan Mankins deal is $51 Million for 6 years. This is a big deal considering Sitton is a FA next year and, being biased, I feel Sitton is better than Mankins.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Logan Mankins deal is $51 Million for 6 years. This is a big deal considering Sitton is a FA next year and, being biased, I feel Sitton is better than Mankins.
the left side of the o-line typically makes more than the right side. I could see Sitton get a similar contract, only because it would be a year later. Other than that, i do not see him making more
Old 08-11-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
the left side of the o-line typically makes more than the right side. I could see Sitton get a similar contract, only because it would be a year later. Other than that, i do not see him making more
Jahri Evans signed a 7 year deal worth $56.7 million last year...I'm guessing Sitton's deal will be similar to that

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Desmond Bishop unable to go to the White house because he left his ID on the plane

ouch