Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way Grant gets released, the Packers do not need cap savings right now. If they really wanted to release him, they would have done it before and, hopefully, resigned Jenkins.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posted today about 2 hours after the 1st by someone else on the same website.... Yet even more reasons why that previous article was so stupid. Cant believe times are this slow during preseason that they need to write that worthless ****.

Quote:
By Bob McGinn

Running back Ryan Grant probably strengthened his chances of making the final roster of the Green Bay Packers by accepting a $1 million reduction in his base salary this season in exchange for a guaranteed contract.

On Aug. 9, the Packers and Alan Herman, the agent for Grant, agreed to a restructuring in which Grant's base salary was reduced from $3.5 million to $2.5 million. His cap salary this year decreased from $4.797 million to $3.797 million, which gives the Packers an extra $1 million of room to resign veterans such as Josh Sitton and Jermichael Finley.

However, Grant's new base salary of $2.5 million was fully guaranteed against both skill and injury. His previous base of $3.5 million was not guaranteed.

Thus, if the Packers were to cut Grant on the final roster reduction Sept. 3, they now would have to pay him the $2.5 million. Before the restructuring, they wouldn't have had to pay him the $3.5 million if he was cut before the start of the regular season.

No other changes were made to the final year of the four-year, $18 million contract that Grant signed in August 2008.

Earlier this month, Grant was paid a roster bonus of $1 million paid on the 15th day of the NFL year. He can earn another $750,00 in roster bonuses by being active for every game.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Well, I wouldn't blame PFT since they were just going with what Silverstein wrote. I agree it's ridiculous though. Grant is still the team's number one back, even if Starks is going to start taking some carries. I have no idea why you would release him to keep a guy like Nance. I don't think cutting Nance is a big deal at all.
You said it. Bad article, period.

Nance has shown nothing so far. This is just like the article on Sherrod making him sound like a complete flop. Desperate reporting at best.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not like we would be making a massive saving by cutting Grant but he adds a lot to the team so cutting him would be stupid. Maybe we can afford to let him go in free agency next year once Green and Starks have both grown a bit but right now i think Grant should be seeing about 70% of carries.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers - Cardinals re run is on a midnight (ET) on NFLN. I'm finally going to catch it. What should I look for?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The Packers - Cardinals re run is on a midnight (ET) on NFLN. I'm finally going to catch it. What should I look for?
play at left guard and try to find anyone who can pass rush out there

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
play at left guard and try to find anyone who can pass rush out there
Sounds like a promising one for our depth. (sarcasm)

Old 08-24-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You get to see Masthay continue to be a beast at punter
Old 08-25-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chastin West and J Finley!!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I've been to GB twice (both for Training Camp) and I've wanted to go to a real game many times but never got the chance (8ish hours away).

But, it's official. Bought my tickets for opening night. Beyond pumped, this should be awesome.

PS Stock Sale?! Hellz yeah, ownership here I come.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
So, I've been to GB twice (both for Training Camp) and I've wanted to go to a real game many times but never got the chance (8ish hours away).

But, it's official. Bought my tickets for opening night. Beyond pumped, this should be awesome.
THAT's AWESOME!
Good for you dude!
You better not be bad luck.

I'm going to the game at San Diego. Hope both teams are like 7-0 for that matchup!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:36 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:

But, it's official. Bought my tickets for opening night. Beyond pumped, this should be awesome
Thats great man!! I still need to see my first GB game aswell, its hard though as i live in the UK. Im going on holiday to America next year so maybe that will be the year :)
Old 08-26-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Fantastic!

I'm not going to the game, but Mrs drowe and I are gonna make a point of walking around the stadium district on Thursday afternoon to enjoy the festivities. Should be fun!

Tip: go to the Oneida Street area on Wed and Thursday. Pretty sure you'll run into some players. They all eat around there because it's close to the stadium. Noodles, Panera, Qdoba...places like that. I don't think i've ever gone to one of those places around game time without seeing somebody.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I'm going to be upset if we lose Chastin West. We need to find a way to keep him. I'm completely sold on him. Our lack of depth in the defensive front 7 may stop that front happening.

The idea of moving James Jones was brought up, and I like it. Obviously, I don't think it happens with the way we brought him back and the kind of support he had from his teammates, most importantly A-Rodg, when he was still on the market.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to be upset if we lose Chastin West. We need to find a way to keep him. I'm completely sold on him. Our lack of depth in the defensive front 7 may stop that front happening.

The idea of moving James Jones was brought up, and I like it. Obviously, I don't think it happens with the way we brought him back and the kind of support he had from his teammates, most importantly A-Rodg, when he was still on the market.
Chastin West has a potentially very bright NFL Future, and Ted being the guy who brought him here, I would think and hope he does everything possible to keep him here.

Don't be surprised to see the ole IR-ploy used somehow here..... hopefully none of our WRs will really have to go on IR at anytime.

What's Chastin's size & speed compared to Jordy and James?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chastin West - 4.59 40 15 reps at 225 33.5inch vert
James Jones - 4.54 40 22 reps at 225 34inch vert
Jordy Nelson - 4.51 40 x reps at 225 31inch vert
Greg Jennings - 4.42 40 x reps at 225 36.5inch vert
Randall Cobb - 4.46 40 16 reps at 225 33.5inch vert
Tori Gurley - 4.53 40 15 reps at 225 33.5inch vert

Ryan Grant - 4.43 40 17 reps at 225 33.5inch vert
James Starks - 4.50 40 15 reps at 225 36inch vert
Alex Green - 4.45 40 20 reps at 225 34inch vert
Dimitri Nance - 4.64 40 19 reps at 225 33inch vert
Brandon Saine - 4.40 40 22 reps at 225 34.5inch vert

All of these came from the combine or pro-day, whichever came first.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went back and watched West's plays last week to see if I was missing something. He looks like a guy deserving of an NFL roster spot and potential to become something more. Did not look like a guy we should be rearranging our receiver plans over. Seems like an overreaction to one big play. We'll see how he plays tonight.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know its only the preseason but I'm excited to finally be able to watch my 1st Packers game of the season!!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'll be going opening night as well...that day can't get here soon enough

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:30 AM    (permalink
dswedswe12
Rookie

dswedswe12 smells like sex panther.

I love it seriously

Last edited by dswedswe12 : 11-10-2011 at 12:53 PM.
dswedswe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I went back and watched West's plays last week to see if I was missing something. He looks like a guy deserving of an NFL roster spot and potential to become something more. Did not look like a guy we should be rearranging our receiver plans over. Seems like an overreaction to one big play. We'll see how he plays tonight.
He played well.
Nobody needs to rearrange our receiving plans over him, Jordy, or James.
Finley and Jennings are the only ones at that level.

But I see enough in Chastin to believe he'd be quite a few teams 3rd best WR.

Clifton looked bad last night.
Morgan Burnett showed why many of us wanted to keep Peprah as the starter.
His blown assignment was rookie-like. They seem to want to cram him in there because he's faster. Just like they tried to cram Spitz in at center over Wells a year ago because of his measurables. Just gotta go by what they do on the field.

Good to see Crosby make a (kinda) clutch game-winning kick.

So'oto has to make the team.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
He played well.
Nobody needs to rearrange our receiving plans over him, Jordy, or James.
Finley and Jennings are the only ones at that level.

But I see enough in Chastin to believe he'd be quite a few teams 3rd best WR.

Clifton looked bad last night.
Morgan Burnett showed why many of us wanted to keep Peprah as the starter.
His blown assignment was rookie-like.
They seem to want to cram him in there because he's faster. Just like they tried to cram Spitz in at center over Wells a year ago because of his measurables. Just gotta go by what they do on the field.

Good to see Crosby make a (kinda) clutch game-winning kick.

So'oto has to make the team.
West may be a developmental guy but he's still shown more than any other bubble WR on the roster. Swain has given us little since he was drafted and West could potentially be a better Ruvell Martin. Unfortunately though I think he's not going to make the team. We already have 5 guys in Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, and Cobb so keeping 6 WRs would be unprecedented. Especially considering our glut of TEs.

Clifton's play just shows that we need keep Sherrod at OT and let him develop there. Newhouse is also a nice insurance guy though Sherrod's size and athleticism are the future. The entire offensive line needs to get it together. They all played poorly.

I like Burnett and yes he made some big mistakes but hopefully getting more reps will help that. He played alot last night after missing the majority of his rookie season. Peprah isn't going anywhere so we do have options.

So'oto looked pretty good last night. I just wish we had someone standout opposite Clay and lockdown the job.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are playing Burnett because he's faster and has more ability overall...but, if he is going to play like he did yesterday then I'll take the solid Peprah as starter right now

I'm concerned about Shields the most though in that secondary. He looks like he has regressed this year
Old 08-27-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats everybody feeling about the OLB situation... Depending on how long Zombo is out, I would like to see us keep both Lattimore and So'oto over Brad Jones. I feel like that experiment should be over. Both UDFAs impressed me last night. Lattimore needs to add a little size to his frame, but I love his athletic ability. So'oto is just a beast, I wouldn't want to get in his way.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'm concerned about Shields the most though in that secondary. He looks like he has regressed this year
Shields really only gave up a few shortish passes to Reggie Wayne last night. I don't see anything to be worried about there.

He wasn't the one toasted on the Wayne TD. That was Burnett.
Davon House made a few awful plays though.... but he's young and rusty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
Whats everybody feeling about the OLB situation... Depending on how long Zombo is out, I would like to see us keep both Lattimore and So'oto over Brad Jones. I feel like that experiment should be over. Both UDFAs impressed me last night. Lattimore needs to add a little size to his frame, but I love his athletic ability. So'oto is just a beast, I wouldn't want to get in his way.
I agree.... what has Brad Jones done? I can't remember him making any plays. I can remember him being hurt.
I watched him on a play last night and he was stonewalled by a TE. Invisible on a passing play.