Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Shields really only gave up a few shortish passes to Reggie Wayne last night. I don't see anything to be worried about there.

He wasn't the one toasted on the Wayne TD. That was Burnett.
Davon House made a few awful plays though.... but he's young and rusty.

I agree.... what has Brad Jones done? I can't remember him making any plays. I can remember him being hurt.
I watched him on a play last night and he was stonewalled by a TE. Invisible on a passing play.
Replace him with two pairs of fresh legs... Both guys bring their own things to the table. I think Lattimore has the potential to be a very good player 1-2 yrs down the road. He's pretty quick and explosive.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:32 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Lattimore too.
I liked hearing him talk about needing to gain some weight.... kid seems to have a good attitude.

Great name too.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers cut:

Spencer Havner
Brett Swain
Theo Sherman
Old 08-28-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Packers cut:

Spencer Havner
Brett Swain
Theo Sherman
Havner had no chance.
Swain's days were done the day they drafted Cobb.
I'm still glad I got to wait, walk, and chat in line to get into the Super Bowl, with Swain's sister and mom. Very memorable.

Tough cuts looking...... Jordy and Jones' knees are a bit worrisome right now... hopefully both minor stuff.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:30 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Packers cut:

Spencer Havner
Brett Swain
Theo Sherman
Glad Swain has finally gone!! He adds nothing to the offense and should be replaced by West and Cobb. Im hoping we go 6 at WR then go 2 at QB, 3 at TE and 2 at FB.

IMO it should be....

QB - Rodgers & Harrell (Trade out Flynn)

RB - Grant, Starks & Green

FB - Kuhn & Johnson

TE - Finley, DJ Williams, & Taylor (Let Quarless & Crabtree go)

WR - Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Cobb & West
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:18 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Glad Swain has finally gone!! He adds nothing to the offense and should be replaced by West and Cobb. Im hoping we go 6 at WR then go 2 at QB, 3 at TE and 2 at FB.

IMO it should be....

QB - Rodgers & Harrell (Trade out Flynn)

RB - Grant, Starks & Green

FB - Kuhn & Johnson

TE - Finley, DJ Williams, & Taylor (Let Quarless & Crabtree go)

WR - Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Cobb & West

I am probably in the minority in this thought, but if I am MM/TT and it comes down to whether or not they want to keep 6 WRs... I would keep Gurley over West. IMO Gurley's ceiling is much higher than West's, at this point West is obviously the more polished reciever, but the fact is that there are many 6'1 WRs in the league and even on this team. Gurley's 6'4 frame ( and longest wingspan at the combine ) bring a whole different skill set to the team and I like the fact that he can go up high and pick balls out of the sky.

Trust me I like West, but I just think you can't pass up Gurley's size and potential. I guess cuts will be interesting to see how MM/TT feel about this situation.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:42 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
I am probably in the minority in this thought, but if I am MM/TT and it comes down to whether or not they want to keep 6 WRs... I would keep Gurley over West. IMO Gurley's ceiling is much higher than West's, at this point West is obviously the more polished reciever, but the fact is that there are many 6'1 WRs in the league and even on this team. Gurley's 6'4 frame ( and longest wingspan at the combine ) bring a whole different skill set to the team and I like the fact that he can go up high and pick balls out of the sky.

Trust me I like West, but I just think you can't pass up Gurley's size and potential. I guess cuts will be interesting to see how MM/TT feel about this situation.
What about cutting Driver and getting West and Gurley? I know i will probably get shot down for saying that but he shouldnt just have a certain place just because its Driver. Gurley and West have more potential and will be better in the long run for the team than driver.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
What about cutting Driver and getting West and Gurley? I know i will probably get shot down for saying that but he shouldnt just have a certain place just because its Driver. Gurley and West have more potential and will be better in the long run for the team than driver.
Yeah I've read some rumblings of this scenario already, but I think with a shortened offseason it is important to keep the veterans around because they are familiar with the offense. DD has a knack for getting himself open when Rodgers is scrambling for a open WR. I do understand your thinking though... build for the future.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would attempt to trade one of the excess receivers. If we can't find anything, just go with five and try to sign Gurley to the PS.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I'm not that impressed with Gurley to be honest.
West is clearly a better wide receiver.... "ceilings" are a funny thing sometimes.
Few guys reach those "ceilings" we place on them.

I already like what Chastin West brings to the table, and I believe so does MM and TT.

I'd love to parlay Jordy or James for a nice addition at OLB, but who are we gonna get?
Old 08-29-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys lets be honest, its going to take injuries to at least 2 of our current 5 WRs in order for West or Gurley to have value. Even with an aging Donald Driver we still have 3 guys who are capable starters (Jennings, Nelson, Jones) and 1 very promising player in Cobb.

I like West the most of our "6th WR" canidates but realistically we're better off keeping 3 or 4 TEs or an extra DL or LB.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My love for Ryan Grant has decreased substantially since a year ago.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we really need Quinn Johnson... I mean he is kind of a tank but using a roster spot for him.... mehhh

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Do we really need Quinn Johnson... I mean he is kind of a tank but using a roster spot for him.... mehhh
He's definetly on the bubble, and the wrong side at that. Interesting though that D.J. Williams hasn't really played much of the H-back role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
My love for Ryan Grant has decreased substantially since a year ago.
Ultimately I think that would be for any RB on our offense though. I like Grant but they need to run a timeshare at RB. Starks just has better vision and power. Sprinkle in Green here and there and we could actually have a sufficent running game.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ultimately I think that would be for any RB on our offense though. I like Grant but they need to run a timeshare at RB. Starks just has better vision and power. Sprinkle in Green here and there and we could actually have a sufficent running game.
Without a doubt. Starks and Green are really all we need, in my opinion. Grant isn't worth the money and roster spot at this point. Not that he isn't serviceable, he's just not necessary for this team to get going. I'd rather spend the cash and spot in the defensive front 7. But, I'm just nitpicking.

I'm also very high on Green. I think he was a steal for our offense.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Just read this article, I'm banking on Lattimore making the team. Taking reps with the 1st team special teams units sometimes says something.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2011/08/...tal+Packers%29
Old 08-29-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say we roll with 5 TE's. Crazy, maybe, but I'm thinking Quinn is gone at FB so that frees open a spot. I don't want to lose any of those guys, all of them have real good value.

As for the 6th WR debate...meh.. I like Gurley's potential, but if we have to keep 6, might as well be West. He looks much more polished. Keeping 5 would be fine too, we have weapons galore, it's not really necessary.

Want to pipe in on Brad Jones too. I'd be fine with him getting the boot. He just hasn't done much of anything. It's not like he has some insane potential we're waiting on either. Might as well give one of these guys, like Lattimore, a chance.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:48 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Yeah Brad Jones has to go!!
Old 08-30-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Without a doubt. Starks and Green are really all we need, in my opinion. Grant isn't worth the money and roster spot at this point. Not that he isn't serviceable, he's just not necessary for this team to get going. I'd rather spend the cash and spot in the defensive front 7. But, I'm just nitpicking.

I'm also very high on Green. I think he was a steal for our offense.

At his original cap number I would agree, but at $1 mil I think it is worth keeping him around. Starks and Green are likely the future. Not sold on Nance. I think Grant's experience will come in handy at some point this season and if he holds up he might have some trade value.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Grant is too cheap to not keep.
Plus he's been very productive. Remember, 9/10 teams nowadays are RB-by-committee. Until the foot was broken last year, he was a workhorse.
He stays and he should stay.

Starks and Green are both going to have their share of injuries anyway, minor or major, who knows.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Want to pipe in on Brad Jones too. I'd be fine with him getting the boot. He just hasn't done much of anything. It's not like he has some insane potential we're waiting on either. Might as well give one of these guys, like Lattimore, a chance.
I think he stays - at least for a little while. Mainly because of our lack of depth at LB and he was playing some ILB earlier in camp. With Zombo out until October we have alot more unknowns so even with Jones injury past I think he has to stay for now.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Grant is too cheap to not keep.
Plus he's been very productive.
Remember, 9/10 teams nowadays are RB-by-committee. Until the foot was broken last year, he was a workhorse.
He stays and he should stay.

Starks and Green are both going to have their share of injuries anyway, minor or major, who knows.
Exactally, let Starks and Green get broken in this year. This season is basically an audition for Grant on weather he'll be back in 2012-13 or not.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant's contract is guaranteed for the year and it makes more sense to pay him on the team, in whatever role that may be, rather than off the team, where he can't help the team in any manner

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Remind me why we even bother keeping Nance around?

Old 08-30-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers cut Adrian Battles, K.C. Asiodu, Antonio Robinson....

Your probably saying who? But anyways I think that puts them at the 80 limit for Today. So 27 more cuts to go by Sat night.

Grant has/needs to stay

We have alot of potential at TE at I dont really want to lose any. 5s alot but just dump Quinn Johnson.

Brad Jones I would like to stay. Only because he atleast has some experience in our D. All the backups now left with Zombo out have only a month of experience. We are really young there.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote