Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I hate saying this, because being undefeated is great and everything, but I hope we trip up eventually. Just because it takes a ton of pressure away and our defense needs a wake up call. We'll get toasted in the playoffs like we did against Arizona two years ago if it doesn't improve.
That's a very good point. Remember Rodgers was phenomenal that game too. But he made an early mistake (int), a late mistake (fumble), and one bad pass in OT (overthrew Jennings for OT TD), and that was enough to lose because the defense couldn't stop the passing of a great QB.

The good thing is, hopefully, we won't be playing in any domes, or great QB in dome like Warner.
We have Brees, but we are essentially 3 games ahead of them now.

And we do stop the run well now, kinda, well except for Adrian Peterson.
I really like our chances because I think we can run it in January, as long as we keep Starks & Grant healthy.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
As long as we win the last game of the year, I don't care how many losses we have. I'm sure the 2007 Patriots would trade a few of those regular season wins for a ring. I don't wanna be them.

But regardless I'm still rooting for us to win every game. I'm just not gonna be too disappointed if we did slip up. It would be better for the team in the long run.
I disagree. As cvv84 said, the mindset changes a bit coming off a Superbowl win. There is a big difference in my mind between another championship, and a perfect season. 19-0 would probably mean they'll be considered the greatest team ever.

That said, I'm not going to be upset at all if we don't have a perfect season. That's obviously a ridiculous expectation.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
His 3rd down conversions, especially converting 3-3 of them for that last TD, was impressive as hell. And a few of the passes he was facing the huge rush from Matthews in his face.

I give him credit for that clutchness.
Contrast that with Carson Palmer or Kyle Boller, or Joe Flacco or Blaine Gabbert....... Ponder might be okay.
We were playing some soft coverage there late in the game though. Escentially take away the first and last drive and he only threw for around 75 yards. He does have some tools to work with but I think a better indication will be the week 10 re-match.

Also I think you need to do some more research because Flacco has had alot of 4th quarter comebacks in his short career.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leading Packer Pro Bowl candidates (and my odds they will get in/ and my odds of them deserving to... all barring injury)

Rodgers 100/100
Matthews 100/100
Woodson 100/100
Jennings 99/99
Raji 80/30
Tramon 40/20
Crosby 60/100
Bishop 50/90
J-Mike 60/60
Wells 30/90
Sitton 20/10
Clifton 25/0
Pickett 10/75
Masthay 10/10
Hawk 35/0
Collins 1/1
Burnett 5/5

Reigning Super Bowl Champs tend to get a lot of guys in, plus with us kicking @ass again, we could really push the envelope.
We've seen some teams get 8, 9 guys named. Of course, we plan on being busy that time of year and none of our guys playing in the game.

Who do you disagree with the assessment of?
BTW, Bishop leads the NFL in tackles. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/stats/
Old 10-27-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Leading Packer Pro Bowl candidates (and my odds they will get in/ and my odds of them deserving to... all barring injury)

Rodgers 100/100
Matthews 100/100
Woodson 100/100
Jennings 99/99
Raji 80/30
Tramon 40/20
Crosby 60/100
Bishop 50/90
J-Mike 60/60
Wells 30/90
Sitton 20/10
Clifton 25/0
Pickett 10/75
Masthay 10/10
Hawk 35/0
Collins 1/1
Burnett 5/5

Reigning Super Bowl Champs tend to get a lot of guys in, plus with us kicking @ass again, we could really push the envelope.
We've seen some teams get 8, 9 guys named. Of course, we plan on being busy that time of year and none of our guys playing in the game.

Who do you disagree with the assessment of?
BTW, Bishop leads the NFL in tackles. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/stats/
Rodgers 100/100
Matthews 80/100
Woodson 100/100
Jennings 100/100
Raji 50/30
Tramon 20/20
Crosby 80/100
Bishop 80/100
J-Mike 50/30
Wells 30/60
Sitton 30/30
Clifton 0/0
Pickett 0/40
Masthay 20/20
Hawk 20/10
Collins 0/0
Burnett 60/50
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J-Mike

Why do you think Collins has a 1/100 chance of getting in the pro bowl? And surely the chances of Burnett getting in are higher than 5/100!!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
J-Mike

Why do you think Collins has a 1/100 chance of getting in the pro bowl? And surely the chances of Burnett getting in are higher than 5/100!!
If you look at the rest of the NFC probowl candidates for free safety, Burnett actually has a great shot. There really aren't any big names. He's tied for first in interceptions right now, has the most forced fumbles, and most tackles, so if people are voting on stats, he'd be the front-runner.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
J-Mike

? He has Collins at 0/0. Which for unfortunate reasons is where it should be.

Burnett is at 60/50... He thinks he has a 60/100 chance of getting in but only 50/100 deserving to get in. With how his rankings are.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SuperPacker has Collins at 0/0 and Burnett at 60/50. He is also the one that asked JMike about his rankings
Old 10-27-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

My bad i lost my ability to read for a second :D
Old 10-27-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

did it again :D yeah i said collins was 0/0 and burnett was 50/60 not J-Mike!!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
SuperPacker has Collins at 0/0 and Burnett at 60/50. He is also the one that asked JMike about his rankings
Your right. I cant read either, sorry guys.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something I found a bit surprising

we have been harping on the D so far this year and how it has not looked anything like last year's D

well, after 7 games last year, the defense gave up 136 points. This year, they've given up 141. I'll take that especially since the offense has scored nearly 100 points MORE than it did last year at this point

obviously the D has things to work on, but just like last year, in the 2nd half they started to turn things around. Hopefully the same happens this year

D is still creating a lot of turnovers(lead NFL in INT's) and while their pass rush has to improve, they've still registered the 4th most sacks. Outside of this past week, the run D has been good

they just need to tighten up vs the pass going forward. Easier said than done but with this secondary I still refuse to think that they won't be able to do it. Tramon should be 100% healthy after the bye with his shoulder healed up, Shields will back and was starting to look like last year's Shields the last few weeks. Burnett has also continued to shine and he'll be getting that club off his hand eventually. Don't need the D to dominate right now anyway, but they'll need to bring their A game once the playoffs start

Last edited by BloodBrother : 10-28-2011 at 09:31 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Good stats.... the problem is that turnovers, even though we are a turnover-forcing defense, don't always come.
I'd rather be able to stop people from big plays consistently.
In other words, I want to force punts more often than depend on a pick.

Still, the bottom line is points. And wins of course.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Whats our average points per game now? Last year it was something like 15 which is great. I dont pay attention to any of the other stats because they are all meaningless!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whats our average points per game now? Last year it was something like 15 which is great. I dont pay attention to any of the other stats because they are all meaningless!
32.9 ppg which is 2nd in the NFL. Last season we averaged 24.3 ppg.

Our defense is giving up 20.1 ppg which is a 5 point increase over last season's average of 15.0 ppg.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

So our offense is a lot better and of defense is only slightly worse! Why are people complaining? We're 7-0
Old 10-30-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again though, the D wasn't as dominant to start the season last year. They really turned it around during the 2nd half of the season. Hoping this year's D can do the same

if not...as long as they can keep their ppg against at 20 or below, that will be fine. This offense will average over 30 ppg on offense
Old 10-31-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

If we don't make it back to the Super Bowl, and you get money now for choosing the team who beats us in the NFC Playoffs should that occur, what team do you put your money on?

I'll still take the Eagles, but San Fran with their strong running game, might be a good matchup for January frozen Tundra weather.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If we don't make it back to the Super Bowl, and you get money now for choosing the team who beats us in the NFC Playoffs should that occur, what team do you put your money on?

I'll still take the Eagles, but San Fran with their strong running game, might be a good matchup for January frozen Tundra weather.
The eagles? Their dun defense is too bad and mike vick is too inconsistant! San Francisco i like and the Saints too. But i cant really see any team beating us :D
Old 10-31-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
The eagles? Their dun defense is too bad and mike vick is too inconsistant! San Francisco i like and the Saints too. But i cant really see any team beating us :D
So your free money is on the 49ers, if anyone.
They do run it well, which is critical for January football in Green Bay.

Playoff Forecast

#1- Packers
#2- 49ers
#3- Saints 11-5
#4- Eagles 10-6
#5- Detroit 11-5
#6- Giants 9-7

Giants at Saints
Lions at Eagles

Saints at 49ers
Eagles at Packers
Old 10-31-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say the Lions are our greatest threat because they have the offensive fire power to keep up...the Eagles being 2nd because Vick has always given the team issues, McCoy is one of the best backs in football, and their defense has the players in the secondary to match up with our weapons

San Francisco is playing good football but their secondary has too little talent to compete with our squad and Alex Smith is still their QB

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So your free money is on the 49ers, if anyone.
They do run it well, which is critical for January football in Green Bay.

Playoff Forecast

#1- Packers
#2- 49ers
#3- Saints 11-5
#4- Eagles 10-6
#5- Detroit 11-5
#6- Giants 9-7

Giants at Saints
Lions at Eagles

Saints at 49ers
Eagles at Packers
Yeah i'd say thats pretty much spot on. Maybe swap the Giants for either the Buccs or the Falcons!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

I would take New Orleans.

While I think Philadelphia will be a pretty good football team come January, they have an uphill battle to make the playoffs. If they don't win in New York week 11, they don't have a very realistic shot at winning the East. They're also behind four teams in the wildcard race, one of which (Atlanta) has the head-to-head against them. They definitely need to sustain their recent level of play to get into the playoffs.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'm not buying the Niners. They sort of remind me of the 2010 Falcons. Sparkling record was due to beating up on weak/soft teams and then they got exposed in the playoffs. I think the same will happen to SF

Saints D won't stop the Pack but when Brees is on that offense can get into a shootout with GB. Eagles are another team but until they are actually IN the fold for the playoffs I'll worry about them. They are still 3 games back. They need to take advantage of these next 5-6 games here, as the Giants have just a brutal stretch coming up. OBviously need to win their head to head game @ New York as well