Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cvv is such a debbie downer . .

however, he is right.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Uhh no, we are not even remotely there yet. We play 3 games in the next 10 days which is huge and is going to be hard to prepare for each individual opponent. The end of the huge is critical too seeing the Bears and Lions are right on our heels. There's still a chance we could lose out on the division title and even finish 3rd which would knock us out of the playoffs entirely.

So like I said this is going to be a critical 3 game stretch here and could have big implications on our potential postseason plans. Never assume anything.
Yeah i know you're right Oakland, New York, Chicago and Detroit are all loseable games but i see no reason to not think we're going to the superbowl :)
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
cvv is such a debbie downer . .

however, he is right.
Just being realistic. I said it last year too where I felt we could've beaten every team we've played. We're doing it this year and STILL not playing up to our potential IMO. At some point they need a wakeup call and I'm just hoping it isn't going to be too late, i.e. missing the playoffs or losing in the playoffs.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Win today and beat Detroit and they'll be sitting pretty as far as winning the division goes

that Week 16 game against Chicago @ Lambeau is going to be huge. Could perhaps affect the Packers seeding and maybe it could knock the Bears out of the playoffs if the Pack win
Old 11-15-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnny Jolly's addiction story to be on OTL, here's a glimpse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9LX7...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-15-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone wants to Co-GM in the forum mock I am up for it.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
If anyone wants to Co-GM in the forum mock I am up for it.
What do you mean?
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
What do you mean?
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49529
Old 11-16-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCarthy presser going on now

Bishop and Lang missed practice today but both were non-injury related. Bishop tweeted that his grandmother passed away today so that was most likely the reason for his absence.

Ryan Grant had a knee laceration and received stitches. Should be good to go on Sunday, though

more importantly, McCarthy said Mike Neal has a chance to play Sunday.

Also, during yesterdays presser, McCarthy said that Clifton returning for the Giants game was a realistic timetable. At the very least, looks like he'll definitely be able to return this season
Old 11-16-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
McCarthy presser going on now

Bishop and Lang missed practice today but both were non-injury related. Bishop tweeted that his grandmother passed away today so that was most likely the reason for his absence.

Ryan Grant had a knee laceration and received stitches. Should be good to go on Sunday, though

more importantly, McCarthy said Mike Neal has a chance to play Sunday.

Also, during yesterdays presser, McCarthy said that Clifton returning for the Giants game was a realistic timetable. At the very least, looks like he'll definitely be able to return this season

I hope they don't rush Neal for this game. They should be able to handle this Bucs team without him. It is more important to have him for the later division games and playoffs.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I agree with that. Surprised to even hear that he might go sunday. Figured he'd need to practice a few weeks just to get his conditioning right and what not

if he is active, I doubt we see him play more than....maybe a handful of snaps on obvious passing downs(3rd and long or what not)
Old 11-16-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

I don't know I'd want Clifton back for the Giants game. With all the time he's missed and to come back against those pass rushers... Might be better off sticking with Newhouse from here on out.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I don't know I'd want Clifton back for the Giants game. With all the time he's missed and to come back against those pass rushers... Might be better off sticking with Newhouse from here on out.
That is a tougher call. Newhouse really struggled with the stunts and twists the Vikings threw at him. Maybe he'll learn from that. He better because I guarantee you that upcoming opponents are going to see that on film and test him again. That is where Clifton's experience would help.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

at the very least it will give them options going into that game. If Newhouse gets the start and struggles, perhaps they can bring Clifton in and see what happens
Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
That is a tougher call. Newhouse really struggled with the stunts and twists the Vikings threw at him. Maybe he'll learn from that. He better because I guarantee you that upcoming opponents are going to see that on film and test him again. That is where Clifton's experience would help.
Experience or not I'd rather start a guy who's been playing the past 6 weeks over a guy playing in his 1st game back from injury. Newhouse has 4 starts under his belt and has held his own. Shaky? At time but no different than Clifton at this point in his career IMO.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep Newhouse in unless he really starts to struggle. Having Clifton healthy gives us a comforting fallback option, but no reason to change what we have at the moment.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Anybody see that Outside the Lines story on Johnny Jolly? Sad story. Looks like he may be finally turning things around and is coming clean. He is eligible for re-instatement sometime later this month. He and his agent said the Packers have told him that they would welcome him back when he is re-instated.

Guy said he watched the SB in a hotel room by himself, drunk. Said it was hard to watch his team and that it was hard NOT to watch his team. His mom was a drug addict and he also had to deal with the murder of his god-sister

In any case, maybe he gets re-instated, maybe not. If the Pack take him back, there is a chance he could potentially do some things come playoff time. Veeeery doubtful IMO, especially since he looked nowhere near football shape in that vid(looks a good 30 lbs heavier), but who knows.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Also, Neal said today he feels more than ready to play(players always do this though) but Packers beat writers are speculating that they feel that he WILL play this sunday

still say they should hold him out until the game against Detroit. Both teams will be playing on very short rest. Add in a healthy and rested Neal and he could cause some havoc to that Detroit OL
Old 11-16-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Saw that too. If he and the doctors feel he is ready then sure give him a handful of snaps. He needs to start getting up to game speed, but I hope they are patient.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

I only read the abbreviated article I didn't see the OTL episode. Guy needs to focus on recovery right now. I don't see reinstatement this season as a reality. If he can get his stuff together maybe he can convince Goodell to give him a chance next season.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Mike Neal is healthy enough to play this week, then I want them to hold him out for the game, and hold him out for the Lions game on turf.

If he can make it 2 weeks thru practice without re-injurying himself somehow, then let's roll him out in New York.

Guys, do you realize how privileged, fortunate we are, as Packer fans, to be able to have a ride like this?????

I'm +repping each of you who do!
Quote:
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 11-16-2011 at 06:40 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers Game Stat:

28/42
423 Yards
10.1 per attempt
4 TDs
1 Int
1 TD rush
121.3 passer rating

This would represent a "subpar" game for Rodgers this year as his passer rating is higher than that is.

Also:

Jennings 8-130 & a TD
J-Mike 6-159 yards
Jones 3-50 & a TD
Driver 4-43 yards
Jordyz 1 TD catch

Grant 11 carries, 64 yards........

Unstoppable offense.
But we lost that game.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

I'm hoping that they will stick with the style of D they used against the Vikings.

I liked that Capers basically said "if you want to be more aggressive stop ***** up in the secondary". I'm paraphrasing obviously, but the players seemed to respond to it.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jolly sentenced to 6 years in prison for violating his probation per Schefter on Twitter

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also everyone should read this before comparing Rodgers and Favre

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/134041253.html

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote