Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
also everyone should read this before comparing Rodgers and Favre

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/134041253.html
This article sucked IMO. Anyone cherry picking stats can make one player vs another look bad or amazing. I'd prefer to wait to see who ends up with more super bowls, that's really the main thing that matter.

Rodgers may never get to the numbers of Farve but if he wins out in Super Bowls and still has good but not great numbers then we can begin the discussion of who was better.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jolly sentenced to 6 years in prison for violating his probation per Schefter on Twitter
Eligible for parole in 14 months. Either way, by then he'd be pushing 30 and even more out of shape. His career is obviously done

hope that he can stay clean and turn things around from here, though
Old 11-17-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
This article sucked IMO. Anyone cherry picking stats can make one player vs another look bad or amazing. I'd prefer to wait to see who ends up with more super bowls, that's really the main thing that matter.

Rodgers may never get to the numbers of Farve but if he wins out in Super Bowls and still has good but not great numbers then we can begin the discussion of who was better.
Rodgers numbers are great. Favres are great too. The article is just for people that are saying rodgers now is better than favre ever was. Rodgers is awesome and arguably the best in the league. But favre was that too once upon a time

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rodgers numbers are great. Favres are great too. The article is just for people that are saying rodgers now is better than favre ever was. Rodgers is awesome and arguably the best in the league. But favre was that too once upon a time
ESPN, former coaches, former players, great players, have been discussing whether the body of work Rodgers has put out the past year+ has been the best they've ever seen. Period. Total NFL.

So anyone has a right to believe that Rodgers is better now than Farve ever was, clearly.

Nobody will last as long as Farve did... that was his greatest strength: durability.

It wasn't winning.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winning more than 1 SB, you mean. He won plenty of games while here though. Without checking, I'm pretty sure he only had 1 losing season(anything under a .500 record) which was in 2005

Favre was great here, and was ridiculous during his 3 straight MVP years. Sucks that he had to go all douchey at the end and that his ego grew a million sizes too big
Old 11-18-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sleeper?

Packers' Saine could see more time
Old 11-18-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Could see them use him more in the screen game come december since the colder weather will have an effect on their vertical game
Old 11-18-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he'll eventually take some third-down plays from Starks. Starks is big and fast and probably our best overall RB, but he still has some dangerous lapses in pass protection. The coaches are praising that part of Saine's game so if he can help keep Rodgers off his back I welcome it.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Mike Neal officially listed as questionable for the game this Sunday. See how he feels tomorrow and if he responds well he could be good to go
Old 11-18-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Maybe he'll eventually take some third-down plays from Starks. Starks is big and fast and probably our best overall RB, but he still has some dangerous lapses in pass protection. The coaches are praising that part of Saine's game so if he can help keep Rodgers off his back I welcome it.
They praised Green as well and he got little to no playing time. I expect the same for Saine. I haven't seen Starks being liability as a blocker this year either. More so I think his 3rd down capabilities have been far better than expected and his ability as a receiver just makes him much more useful IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Mike Neal officially listed as questionable for the game this Sunday. See how he feels tomorrow and if he responds well he could be good to go
If he's good to go I'd love to get him some snaps before Detroit.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
They praised Green as well and he got little to no playing time. I expect the same for Saine. I haven't seen Starks being liability as a blocker this year either. More so I think his 3rd down capabilities have been far better than expected and his ability as a receiver just makes him much more useful IMO.
There was a play vs the Vikings where Starks was staring at Bulaga blocking Robison while a defender came free up the middle. By the time he realized what was going on it was too late for him to recover. That is one that stands out to me at the moment. I wouldn't say they are frequent, but it only takes once.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest worry I have with this team now is Rodgers health (which is always a given), but he's taken too many hits lately. I don't mind him running if it's wide open with the defense focusing in on Finley and the receivers.

But I don't want him holding the ball in the pocket and absorbing sacks. I have tons of photos of him the past few weeks getting sacked, or just tackled, and we have to limit that. On any tackle, he could easily get his ankle, knee bent the wrong way and all of a sudden the dream is over.

I love his stats, but I'd rather have a bunch more incomplete passes on his chart instead of a sack -4 yards or even a run +2 yards. It only takes one wrong (or cheap: see Delmas, Suh) hit for him to get hurt. Might as well cut down on those hits in every way possible.

The OL can do their part (RBs, TE as well), but he also has to do his part.

Now I don't want him forcing passes to still-covered guys to avoid a sack, like #4 often did. Just throw it into the ground or out of bounds before that guy hits him who wants to hurt him.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
The biggest worry I have with this team now is Rodgers health (which is always a given), but he's taken too many hits lately. I don't mind him running if it's wide open with the defense focusing in on Finley and the receivers.

But I don't want him holding the ball in the pocket and absorbing sacks. I have tons of photos of him the past few weeks getting sacked, or just tackled, and we have to limit that. On any tackle, he could easily get his ankle, knee bent the wrong way and all of a sudden the dream is over.

I love his stats, but I'd rather have a bunch more incomplete passes on his chart instead of a sack -4 yards or even a run +2 yards. It only takes one wrong (or cheap: see Delmas, Suh) hit for him to get hurt. Might as well cut down on those hits in every way possible.

The OL can do their part (RBs, TE as well), but he also has to do his part.

Now I don't want him forcing passes to still-covered guys to avoid a sack, like #4 often did. Just throw it into the ground or out of bounds before that guy hits him who wants to hurt him.
Unfortunatley Aaron isn't that sort of guy, hes never going to throw it away when he sees the oppourtunity to make a big play but you cant really blame him. He still plays with that chip on his shoulder that makes you think hea not gonna stop until hes the best QB to ever play the game!
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
If anyone wants to Co-GM in the forum mock I am up for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Alright guys figured I would give you a heads up on how it went down. I am interested to see what you think how I drafted for us as well.

When we came up on the clock I made this trade:
Jags get: Pack get:
# 32 | # 39
# 96 | # 70

I felt I had time to get the players I wanted. So at pick 39 I picked Linebacker Vinny Curry. He was one of my top choices coming into the draft and after being reassured by Prince I took him.

I then decided to guarenttee filling another major position of need I traded up:
Eagles get: Pack Get:
Pick 64 | Pick 43
Pick 70 | Eagles 5th Round pick

Using our newly acquired pick at #43 I picked up Jared Crick Defensive End Nebraska. I understand he will be coming of an injury but the guy was a 1st round prospect coming into the season and should rebound nicely.

So guys thoughts?
Old 11-19-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

At this point in the process I like Curry especially since you were able to pick up extra picks and still get him. Not sure I like the trade up for Crick. I like Crick but as it fell it appears you could have stayed put and gotten Billy Winn and another player.

EDIT: Should have said extra 3rd round pick. And with that pick I like Doug Martin. I know RB is a bit of a luxury pick, but I think a combo of Starks and Martin would be really good for a long time.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 11-19-2011 at 12:50 PM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I like Crick and he's on my radar. Good to see another pack fan is thinking the same way

I think we see GB go Dline with their first pick as there will likely be multiple Dlineman available at 32. Figure that's the route they'll go
Old 11-19-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
At this point in the process I like Curry especially since you were able to pick up extra picks and still get him. Not sure I like the trade up for Crick. I like Crick but as it fell it appears you could have stayed put and gotten Billy Winn and another player.

EDIT: Should have said extra 3rd round pick. And with that pick I like Doug Martin. I know RB is a bit of a luxury pick, but I think a combo of Starks and Martin would be really good for a long time.

Haha I'd love if they got Martin only for the fact that I went to high school with that guy.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Haha I'd love if they got Martin only for the fact that I went to high school with that guy.
I just think that with all the runs McCarthy likes to call from the shotgun he would be a great fit. Enough speed, short area quickness, and while he is short he is solidly built and doesn't necessarily go down easy.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Oh I like his game to...but I don't think GB will go with a RB in next year's draft. Grant may or may not still b here(I personally think he'll be gone) and they'll have Starks/Green and perhaps Saine?

DE, OLB, S, CB, OL are areas I think we'll see them address mostly

at the time of the draft, the Packers and Collins still won't know whether his career is over or not, but GB will have to add another S anyway as they have now gone 2 straight years with losing a starter. DE and OLB go without saying. I also want to see them draft an interior OL as they lack depth there and Wells is an upcoming FA(although I see the Pack re-signing him). Still, he's going to be 31 and it would be nice to draft another C who can take the reigns eventually
Old 11-19-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

I agree on the needs. RB is definitely not one of them. TT always throws at least one curveball out there though.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree on the needs. RB is definitely not one of them. TT always throws at least one curveball out there though.
If TT would go with a RB in this upcoming draft I would have to think it'd be for a guy like LaMichael James, someone who is more of a home run hitter and change of pace guy (like Sproles in New Orleans).

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

So apparently McCarthy said that the team will start to monitor the # of snaps for Raji. Said he has played too much(he's played 88% of their snaps so far this year). They already started this by having Green play a bit more this past monday

I'm OK with this, as Raji played 85% of defensive snaps last year. Dude's been really overworked the past 2 seasons

link - http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...=twitter feed
Old 11-20-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Mike Neal is active

Old 11-20-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF anyone has a good link for this game I would very much appreciate it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
the new jesus
Rookie

the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
IF anyone has a good link for this game I would very much appreciate it.
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/9...y-packers.html

Love,
-The God.
the new jesus is offline   Reply With Quote