Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somehow I figured out how to buy stock. I'm an official part owner of the Pack!

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome man. Glad to hear you were able to get that done

also, it's not really money down the drain. If anything, its a donation in helping our favorite team make some sweet new renovations to Lambeau Field.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have a link to video of the hit Woodson got called for roughing on vs the Giants?

He was fined $15K today for the hit. My recollection is that it was a pretty weak roughing call and in no way deserving of a fine, but I can't find video.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per MM:

- Sitton has a chance to practice this week
- Bishop is "close" to returning
- Saine and Pickett both suffered concussions, but McCarthy says he believes both will be available this week

and in the biggest news of the week

Greg Jennings has a knee sprain. Expects to be out 2-3 weeks. Feels "fortunate" that it wasn't worse. He'll be in treatment this week and then will be in rehab next couple of weeks. "Safe to say he'll be ready for the playoffs", as McCarthy said

Huuuuuge news!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Per MM:

- Sitton has a chance to practice this week
- Bishop is "close" to returning
- Saine and Pickett both suffered concussions, but McCarthy says he believes both will be available this week

and in the biggest news of the week

Greg Jennings has a knee sprain. Expects to be out 2-3 weeks. Feels "fortunate" that it wasn't worse. He'll be in treatment this week and then will be in rehab next couple of weeks. "Safe to say he'll be ready for the playoffs", as McCarthy said

Huuuuuge news!
Honestly, this game should be similar to the Raiders. No need to rush Bishop or Hawk back considering how well the backup ILBs have played, though I'm sure they'll want to get out there. Same with Sitton. Would be nice to see him start but once game is out of hand pull him. Pickett is key to rotation and keeping guys fresh. I'd like to see Saine get some significant playing time to see if he can be a real contributor in the playoffs.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah, Hawk was active yesterday and was slated to get some snaps in the 2nd half, but with the score 31-0, they held him out to heal up some more. I hope they can get up big next week so they can get guys out again

Also, even though it's good news now...I'm still not gonna get too excited. Mike Neal had a "sprained knee" in training camp, and was set for rehab...2-3 weeks later, we find out he has to get surgery. I hope Jennings is better at healing than Mike is
Old 12-12-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

I say it should be similar to the Raiders, but you never know how a team is going to react to a HC firing. That makes me a little uneasy, but in the end the Packers are better and should win convincingly.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

WR Tori Gurley is expected to be added to the active roster, with Vic So'oto likely headed to IR

Gurley has been getting high praise from the other WR's for how impressive he has looked in practice.

I like this, as there was a fear that somebody would try to claim him from the PS. Also adds another big target(6'4) for Rodgers, and gives them another WR these last couple of weeks without Jennings
Old 12-12-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
WR Tori Gurley is expected to be added to the active roster, with Vic So'oto likely headed to IR

Gurley has been getting high praise from the other WR's for how impressive he has looked in practice.

I like this, as there was a fear that somebody would try to claim him from the PS. Also adds another big target(6'4) for Rodgers, and gives them another WR these last couple of weeks without Jennings
I'd rather see D.J. Williams used more at WR like the Patriots do with Aaron Hernandez.

Also why not activate Davon House on gamedays? I'd love to get that guy some reps. The players were raving about his progess in practice as well.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I'd rather see D.J. Williams used more at WR like the Patriots do with Aaron Hernandez.

Also why not activate Davon House on gamedays? I'd love to get that guy some reps. The players were raving about his progess in practice as well.
Well just because Gurley is promoted to the 53 man roster doesn't mean he will be active.

I've seen comments that House excels at press but I'm guessing he is still learning the other aspects of CB at this level. This stretch would be a good time to get him some snaps though.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post

I agree on House for sure.
But while I like DJ Williams, he's short for a TE and I'd much rather have Gurley out there. I think he has shown big play ability.

I just hope Jennings comes back the same as the normal Jennings, whenever it is.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I come in peace.

What kind of feelings are you guys getting in regard to how hard the Packers will push for 16 - 0? I just think it could be a really interesting game in week 16 if the Packers are 15-0 and the Lions need a win for a playoff spot.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over the next 3 games it would be nice to see Saine, Gurley, Lattimore, House and MD Jennings get some extended playing time!
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I come in peace.

What kind of feelings are you guys getting in regard to how hard the Packers will push for 16 - 0? I just think it could be a really interesting game in week 16 if the Packers are 15-0 and the Lions need a win for a playoff spot.
Im 100% sure MM will go for 16-0!

Obviously we'll be careful with players coming back from injury but other than that i expect to see the starters getting the majority of the snaps. Remember in 09 when we played Arizona in week 17 and the wildcard round, but MM still went for the win whilst the Cards rested their starters. Hes not going to change his philosophy when 16-0 is reachable!
Old 12-12-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Im 100% sure MM will go for 16-0!

Obviously we'll be careful with players coming back from injury but other than that i expect to see the starters getting the majority of the snaps. Remember in 09 when we played Arizona in week 17 and the wildcard round, but MM still went for the win whilst the Cards rested their starters. Hes not going to change his philosophy when 16-0 is reachable!
yeah, we should/probably will go for 16-0...we already get the one bye week for being the top seed and i feel more than one week off this time of year can really derail momentum

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year, the Bears lost to us in week 17, which let us make the playoffs and eventually knock them out. Could be kind of a similar situation with Green Bay/Detroit this year. I don't think McCarthy would want to let a divisional rival in for a potential third chance to beat us, regardless of whether that means going undefeated.

I had felt confident that McCarthy would go for a perfect season, but lately I've become a little less sure. As a fan, I certainly want to see them go for it. One thing he'll probably consider is whether it really benefits the team to coast the final few weeks and then take a week off. Taking it easy for that long can possibly come back to bite a team. The ideal situation would be to get out ahead early these next two weeks against weak opponents and then be able to sit guys in the second half, as they did with Oakland. Then be able to knock Detroit out of the playoffs.

Also, the Gurley news was just a rumor set off by one of his tweets. Doesn't look like there's any substance to it.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I agree on House for sure.
But while I like DJ Williams, he's short for a TE and I'd much rather have Gurley out there. I think he has shown big play ability.

I just hope Jennings comes back the same as the normal Jennings, whenever it is.
Which is why I said to use him more in the Aaron Hernadez role which is basically a WR.

Ryan Taylor deserves more snaps at TE anyways.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah, was going to say that it's a rumor that Gurley would be added to the active roster. McCarthy said he had no news on personnel moves
Old 12-13-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I was bored and going through some of my old posts on this forum and found this! I'll inform you of my draft predictions on the 3rd April 2012 just so you know who were picking up in next years draft ;)

04-03-2011, 08:59 PM (permalink)
SuperPacker
Rookie

i hope we go with OT 1st Round

1st Derek Sherrod OT
2nd Randall Cobb WR
Old 12-13-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Sounds like even though Hawk and Bishop are getting healthy we may not have seen the last of Francois and Smith.

Quote:
"Well, you want to have as much depth, and there are different roles," Capers said. "We certainly have enough defensive packages and so you could see those guys show up in different defensive packages. I know the experience here will pay off and it'll certainly help us as we move closer to the playoffs."
Old 12-13-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Sounds like even though Hawk and Bishop are getting healthy we may not have seen the last of Francois and Smith.
Smith and Francois deserve all the snaps they get in the next few weeks! IMO both have been better than Hawk in the little time they have had to shine so i would think a 1:1:1 spilt of snaps would be fair.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I was bored and going through some of my old posts on this forum and found this! I'll inform you of my draft predictions on the 3rd April 2012 just so you know who were picking up in next years draft ;)

04-03-2011, 08:59 PM (permalink)
SuperPacker
Rookie

i hope we go with OT 1st Round

1st Derek Sherrod OT
2nd Randall Cobb WR
WELL DONE!
I love Cobb, and hope that Sherrod can develop.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
WELL DONE!
I love Cobb, and hope that Sherrod can develop.
He hasn't looked great in game action but I have to trust that the coaches see something on the practice field. If they haven't seen him perform in practice there is no way they would put Rodgers in such jeopardy in a blow out. Personally if they wanted to see Sherrod in game action, I would have preferred they waited until Flynn was in.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
He hasn't looked great in game action but I have to trust that the coaches see something on the practice field. If they haven't seen him perform in practice there is no way they would put Rodgers in such jeopardy in a blow out. Personally if they wanted to see Sherrod in game action, I would have preferred they waited until Flynn was in.
I agree but i dont think Sherrod could of done much worse than Newhouse was doing. May as well go with the 1st pick.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The coaches said that the rotations was planned and that Sherrod had earned the chance to get game action based on his performance in practice.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote