Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Just a quick check but does the "pressure off now" really help?

IMO the 30 min section on Tebow today basically said to me that sure there was pressure but that the Packers were still not the main story of this NFL season. Or maybe it wasn't the pressure of getting to 14-0 but that it would start to mount significantly at 17-0 or 18-0 when Tebow wasn't in the playoffs.

I don't want to say that they went out and tried to give it away but I guess my feeling is that they really didn't seemed that effected by losing.

Aaron seemed lost without Jennings because if Finley or Driver drop passes or Cobb runs the wrong route he knows that sable Jennings is going to be there to snare a pass out of the air or get that tough 3rd down conversion.

I'm very interested in how they respond next week and how MM plays the rest of the season out. I expect SF to lose tomorrow so that, in theory, would wrap up everything. If Tavaris Jackson can crush the bears on the Road Matt Flynn can win at home with 3 quarters with Aaron playing the 1st.

Overall the defense is what it is and I expect them to be what they have been for the rest of the season but protecting Aaron is the bigger issue that must be fixed ASAP.

Thanks for listening to my rambling.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings would have helped, but any quarterback is going to look lost with that many drops and an offensive line in shambles. By the end of the game the line was decimated and Rodgers was understandably uncomfortable back there.

Apparently this referee crew hates Jordy. Not only the two pass interference calls, but also the illegal touching on the onside kick. Jordy touched the ball 17 yards down field and they flagged him for touching it within 10. The refs were far from the biggest reason we lost, but that was baffling to me.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:34 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Apparently this referee crew hates Jordy. Not only the two pass interference calls, but also the illegal touching on the onside kick. Jordy touched the ball 17 yards down field and they flagged him for touching it within 10. The refs were far from the biggest reason we lost, but that was baffling to me.
The ref stated the penalty incorrectly; Jordy stepped out of bounds and was the first player to touch the ball equating to an illegal touching

some thoughts from the game

-Aaron's play went way downhill as our line became more beat up, but you could see right from the start of the game that the passing game was dysfunctional

-Ryan Grant has run the ball well the last two weeks; not having Starks or Saine for passing downs hurts because Ryan isn't a pass ctacher

-Newhouse has the ability to be a spot starter/quality backup in the league and at this point he's not playing very well at all

-EDS shouldn't be on the 53 man roster...the guy is garbage on the football field

-Week after week it's the same story with our pass rush, we need someone opposite of Clay Matthews who can create pressure as well...Clay was non-existent in the game

-Morgan Burnett is a strong safety in the league and him needing to play more coverage, especially deep, is bad news

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:47 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for all of you:

Why is everyone so worked up about the #1 seed instead of the #2 seed?

Let me say this: The 49ers aren't even going to get the #2 seed. They will drop to the #3 seed, book it. That means if hey win their wildcard game, they will then travel to the Superdome and get routed by Brees and the Saints.

It means that we will host whoever else survives between Detroit, Dallas, or the Giants most likely.

Then if we win, we'll host New Orleans.

If the miracle happened where SF wins tonight over Pittsburgh, and then at Seattle and at St Louis, AND we lose BOTH of our remaining games, then we flip-flop and get the #2 seed, and we get the Saints in GB in our first playoff game, and then would have to go to SF, or more likely, host Dallas. Dallas already beat them in SF this year.

The bottom line for me regarding those teams, is I want the 49ers to stay above the Saints because I want the Saints to have to play them in San Fran because Brees is a machine at home, but away from home, well he's lost to the Bucs and Rams this year, and lost at Seattle last playoffs. Make them travel. I think the 49ers could beat them in Candlestick.

Again, we need to somehow stablize our OL though.

And our defense..... Mike Neal has done as much as Justin Harrell has.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE Mike Neal had one sack, three hurries and five tackles in 78 snaps as rookie.

In 93 this yr., he has one hurry and no tackles.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, they focused on the offense this last draft and it helped them go from scoring 24 ppg to 34 ppg. This upcoming offseason they need to focus on the D. They really need to find that stud OLB opposite Clay...then obviously shore up on the DL.

Also, I kind of want the Niners to win tonight. Rather they wrap up the #2 seed instead of the Saints. Force them to have to play an extra game then have to go on the road. Saints are unbeatable in their dome, period

Last edited by BloodBrother : 12-19-2011 at 08:44 AM.
BloodBrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
#1: This upcoming offseason they need to focus on the D. They really need to find that stud OLB opposite Clay...then obviously shore up on the DL.

#2: I kind of want the Niners to win tonight. Rather they wrap up the #2 seed instead of the Saints. Force them to have to play an extra game then have to go on the road. Saints are unbeatable in their dome, period
#1- ABSOLUTELY, but we, you, could see this problem since week one this season. I was mad that when Aaron Curry became available from Seattle, we didn't take a chance. He's talented.... we go after street bums like Walden, Zombo, guys with no big upside, I was disappointed we didn't bring in Curry. He's a recent top-10 pick with talent. I felt our scheme would have helped him, and him help us.

#2- ABSOLUTELY, I want the Saints to have to play an extra game (wildcard weekend), then have to go TO SAN FRAN, which is a climate and situation similar to last year when the Saints were knocked out at Seattle. Actually, San Fran is a lot better than that Seahawk team that beat them.

I don't see the Niners coming to Green Bay in an NFCCG and going to the Super Bowl. The Saints, perhaps. Also, I worry about our first playoff game which would be against either Dallas, NYG, Phi, or Detroit.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pass rushing is not one of Curry's strengths. I was expecting them to find a OLB this past draft but they didn't even draft one. Can't ignore it any longer

and boy the loss of Jenkins really hurt the line. Wynn/Neal/CJ Wilson have done literally nothing all year
Old 12-19-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a solution for our defensive deficiancies I think we should kick Bishop outside when both him and Hawk are healthy and start DJ Smith as the other inside backer...they are our best four (obviously Clay included) that we can put out there and Bishop has shown the ability to after the passer when sparingly asked to do so

Old 12-19-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All our starters need to be rested until thd playoffs. The guys i dont wanna see get another snap are:

Rodgers
Nelson
Finley
Starks
Sitton
Raji
Matthews
Bishop
Williams
Woodson
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This April, I think it's pretty clear we should go defensive line and outside linebacker with the first two picks, assuming it lines up reasonably well. With the shape of the roster at this point we can afford to trade up in the first round if there's a real impact guy. That could go a very long way in shoring up the defense's problems.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
As a solution for our defensive deficiancies I think we should kick Bishop outside when both him and Hawk are healthy and start DJ Smith as the other inside backer...they are our best four (obviously Clay included) that we can put out there and Bishop has shown the ability to after the passer when sparingly asked to do so
I'll buy that.
Also, I want Francois in there on passing downs against TEs such as V Davis or J Graham..... Hawk is atrocious there, and DJ Smith way too short against guys like that.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walden has been in the league/system long enough that he shouldn't be having these technique and assignment issues. What is Zombo's status? I hope after the draft we won't have to worry about which undrafted or street FA they will be starting at OLB opposite Clay.

EDIT: Just read that Zombo replaced Walden and was the one responsible for losing contain on the game clinching drive.

Quote:
Performance issues: Outside linebacker Erik Walden was pulled from the starting lineup late in the game for what he said was "a coach's decision", but he made no bones about it, he deserved to be benched.

"They took advantage of a poor performance, and I'm simply talking about myself," Walden said of the Chiefs' offensive day. "You know when you've done a good job and when you haven't played well. I'm a man, I hold myself accountable and today, I wasn't accountable."

Walden's biggest problem during the game was holding contain on the right side. The Chiefs continually ran screen plays and end arounds to his side, predicting correctly that he would commit too far inside and allow the play to go outside.

The decision was made to pull him from the game late in the fourth quarter.

"My alignment and my technique was poor and it came back to bite me at the end," Walden said. "It's something you never wish to happen. But now it's what you do from this point."

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 12-19-2011 at 12:54 PM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talking of drafting an OLB and DE, two guys who i think will be worthy of trading up to get would be Whitney Mercilus to play opposite Clay or Devon Still to play the 3-4 DE.

Its pretty ovbious the defense needs to get better, however i dont agree with everyone blaming this loss on the defense.The offense needs to learn how to score points when the defense isnt getting turnovers which was always going to happen eventually.

Last edited by SuperPacker : 12-19-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Zombo has completely stunk this year whenever he has actually been healthy enough to play. WAlden, sadly, is their best option opposite Clay right now. That isn't changing at all the rest of the way, but it certainly needs to before the start of next season
Old 12-19-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Talking of drafting an OLB and DE, two guys who i think will be worthy of trading up to get would be Whitney Mercilus to play opposite Clay or Devon Still to play the 3-4 DE.

Its pretty ovbious the defense needs to get better, however i dont agree with everyone blaming this loss on the defense.The offense needs to learn how to score points when the defense isnt getting turnovers which was always going to happen eventually.
Mercilus is one prospect that I would avoid at all costs...his stats are misleading to the impact that he actually has and the abilities that he possesses; plus I don't see him as a guy who we'd want to have stand up, think he's more of an even front end

Still is a solid player but I wouldn't invest a first round pick on him...he got dominated by Kevin Zeitler and that is troubling because you'd like to see him play well against NFL caliber talent if you're going to go after him

Andre Branch is a player that interests me as a OLB option because he has shown in games that he works well in space and can even drop back into zone coverage when asked...Vinny Curry is another guy I like quite a bit and he seems to be the only one that fits into the first round

at defensive end I like Derek Wolfe and Billy Winn as potential options for the Packers early on in the draft...Rennie Moore is a late round guy that really intrigues me

Old 12-19-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

If you're feeling down about our problems, this will uplift you.
Plus it's flatout funny,
Old 12-19-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

If you're feeling down about our problems, this will uplift you.
Plus it's flatout funny,
I love how you say PROBLEMS like we actually have probblems.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I love how you say PROBLEMS like we actually have probblems.
Our record is not a problem, but once the tourney starts, those records mean nothing.

Clearly there's some concern with the health & performance of the offensive line, and the defense as a whole.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Mercilus is one prospect that I would avoid at all costs...his stats are misleading to the impact that he actually has and the abilities that he possesses; plus I don't see him as a guy who we'd want to have stand up, think he's more of an even front end

Still is a solid player but I wouldn't invest a first round pick on him...he got dominated by Kevin Zeitler and that is troubling because you'd like to see him play well against NFL caliber talent if you're going to go after him

Andre Branch is a player that interests me as a OLB option because he has shown in games that he works well in space and can even drop back into zone coverage when asked...Vinny Curry is another guy I like quite a bit and he seems to be the only one that fits into the first round

at defensive end I like Derek Wolfe and Billy Winn as potential options for the Packers early on in the draft...Rennie Moore is a late round guy that really intrigues me

I am also high on Derek Wolfe. As far as guys at OLB that I like are Shea McClellin/Brandon Lindsay/Nice Perry.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

M*****F******
That's just not fair.
Any medical people here?
Is this even something he can ever come back from and still be good?
F*** you Newhouse.... block Hali for once and hold him down like they do to Matthews all the time, and this doesn't happen.

#Packers rookie T Derek Sherrod broke both the tibia and fibula in his right leg, according to a source. http://tinyurl.com/7295gr6
Old 12-20-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
M*****F******
That's just not fair.
Any medical people here?
Is this even something he can ever come back from and still be good?
F*** you Newhouse.... block Hali for once and hold him down like they do to Matthews all the time, and this doesn't happen.

#Packers rookie T Derek Sherrod broke both the tibia and fibula in his right leg, according to a source. http://tinyurl.com/7295gr6
I'm no doctor, but I think breaks have a better prognosis for full recovery than if he had blown out both his ACL and MCL. As long as there was no ligament damage I'm hopeful he can come back from this.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Also, anyone watch the game last night? Vernon Davis showed Jermichael what he needs to do if he wants to be one of the highest paid TEs in the league.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Also, anyone watch the game last night? Vernon Davis showed Jermichael what he needs to do if he wants to be one of the highest paid TEs in the league.
Exactly.
Or he can look to New Orleans (Jimmy Graham), or New England to see how TEs should A) get open, and B) catch the ****ing ball.

On Vernon Davis, that's a guy who's hurt us in the past, and now that our defense truly sucks, with their strong running game and improved Alex Smith, our cold climate in late January might be a bad thing for us playing them..... if they get past the Saints.

I just hope we make it there though of course, and will take the Saints or Niners at Lambeau. But it won't be a cakewalk. We need to stabilize the OL and whole ***** defense.

Who is OT Herbert Taylor?
We signed him today.
With our #1, #2, and #3 or #4 OT's injured, Taylor will be playing soon.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Exactly.
Or he can look to New Orleans (Jimmy Graham), or New England to see how TEs should A) get open, and B) catch the ****ing ball.

On Vernon Davis, that's a guy who's hurt us in the past, and now that our defense truly sucks, with their strong running game and improved Alex Smith, our cold climate in late January might be a bad thing for us playing them..... if they get past the Saints.

I just hope we make it there though of course, and will take the Saints or Niners at Lambeau. But it won't be a cakewalk. We need to stabilize the OL and whole ***** defense.

Who is OT Herbert Taylor?
We signed him today.
With our #1, #2, and #3 or #4 OT's injured, Taylor will be playing soon.
He cant be much worse that Newhouse and Deitrich-Smith so he could see some playing time!