Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it appears Brad Jones might get the chance to start at ROLB. Wouldn't that just be poetic? After struggling to stay healthy for so many seasons he gets his chance and runs with it to a SB title.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
So it appears Brad Jones might get the chance to start at ROLB. Wouldn't that just be poetic? After struggling to stay healthy for so many seasons he gets his chance and runs with it to a SB title.
As long as he plays well, and helps us win a ring, that would be awesome.
He, like Finley and Grant, are some of the hungry ones who didn't get to play in the big game yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
I don't know what it will take J-Mike to lose this man crush on him. All draft you were all over him and now have 2 years of really being as big of a bust a Neil (still early though) you are still all over him. It is not like they have not gave him opportunities to suceed as a 1st round pick, he has just hasn't wanted to show anything on the field to get out there.

Maybe I am being too hard on him but I have not seen anything in college or NFL from him that gives me any sign of being successful. He just isn't physical enough.
Marshall Newhouse practiced against Hughes for 2 years and will tell you that Hughes is a beast.....
It's a totally different scheme, the 34 and 43.... Ask Aaron Kampman and Jared Allen.

Ted liked Hughes coming out.
McGinn & Gosselin's inside sources had it.......

James Harrison took a few years, and cuts, to get up to speed, but he was well worth the patience.

I think Kevin Greene could work wonders with the athlete that Hughes is and it appears we could get him for a discount at this point in time.

That's something that needs to be considered with these cast of characters we have at OLB.

Hughes/LaMarr Woodley Combine Measurables:

6-1 3/4 * 255 pounds/6-1 1/2 * 266 pounds (Woodley)

40 Yard Dash: 4.65 seconds/ 4.74 (Woodley)

20 Yard Dash: 2.63 seconds/ 2.72 (Wodley)

10 Yard Dash: 1.63 seconds/ 1.65 (Woodley)

Bench Press: 26 reps (225 lb)/ 29 (Woodley)

Vertical Leap: 34.5 inches/ 38.5 (Woodley, surprisingly high)

Broad Jump: 118 inches/ 117 inches (Woodley)

Shuttle: 4.15/ 4.42 (Woodley)

Three Cone: 6.99/ (Woodley DNR, Hughes # was great)

I'm not saying he will become James Harrison. That's a rare unique Cinderella story, like Warner.
But some guys take a little time to develop. Some take longer.

Quote:
2002-2003

Harrison went undrafted in the 2002 NFL draft, hearing he was too short (six feet) to play linebacker, and too light (240 pounds) to play on the defensive line. A few teams did send him training camp invites. The Steelers signed Harrison as an undrafted rookie in 2002, making him the first Kent State alumnus to play at linebacker for the team since Hall of Famer Jack Lambert.

Harrison spent two years on and off the practice squad for the Steelers, being released three times, and was also briefly on the active roster towards the end of the 2002 season, playing only special teams. Teammate and fellow linebacker James Farrior later told NFL Network that Harrison was so green early on in his career that he would simply “give up” on plays he was struggling on and would even ask the coaches not to play him when he was struggling.

Farrior said, "He was a knucklehead that didn't know the plays. We'd be in practice, in training camp, and he might not know what he was doing so he'd just stop and throw his hands up and tell (the coaches) to get him out of there. We thought the guy was crazy."

He was signed by Baltimore in late 2003, then sent to the Rhein Fire of NFL Europe, but eventually cut by the Ravens. After being cut for a fourth time, Harrison considered not playing anymore.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Not like it can really get worse, its like nobody is even there most plays. Hopefully he is ready to prove to everyone who basically kicked him to the curb.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Combine numbers are just numbers, mean absolutely nothing. Woodley has always been an animal. Run game, pass game and all. Hughes will make a sack and not be seen again. He is NOT EVEN CLOSE to be as physical as Woodley. Hughes would get destroyed in a one on one with Wood.

Originally in the draft i liked him but the more I watched the more I wanted nothing to do with him. We have guys who disappear already why make a move for another. We need a guy who brings a presence. Not just speed to run a circle around Marshell Newhouse in shorts at practice. If he was willing to get into someone, he wouldn't be looking like Jamal Reynolds right now with the Colts

Last edited by RyanBraun8 : 01-05-2012 at 09:44 AM.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers lost their Director of Football Ops Reggie McKenzie. Goin to Oakland to be their GM. Eliot Wolf(assistant director of player personnel) might also go to Oakland with him, but that isn't confirmed

McKenzie has been talked about as a potential GM for years so this day would come eventually. Never good to lose guys of this caliber at the top but he definitely derseves his chance to run a team. Wish him the best and glad he didn't end up in Chicago

John Dorsey, Director of college scouting seems like he may be the favorite to fill McKenzie's shoes as the new Director of Football Ops, but who knows.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news. Eliot Wolf isn't going with McKenzie to Oakland. Wolf will likely be promoted to Director of pro personnel
Old 01-06-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Good news. Eliot Wolf isn't going with McKenzie to Oakland. Wolf will likely be promoted to Director of pro personnel
That is good news, but I think even better news is that John Dorsey turned down a potential GM opportunity to stay. Me thinks between Dorsey and Wolf we will have our heir to the GM throne once TT calls it quits.

On a different note, TT has a lot of work to do this offseason with Wells, Finley, and Flynn.

I am really hoping that TT signs Wells to a 3-5 year deal and franchises Finley. I think the Packers will just let Flynn walk and get a comp pick in next years draft.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I am really hoping that TT signs Wells to a 3-5 year deal and franchises Finley. I think the Packers will just let Flynn walk and get a comp pick in next years draft.
He might, but I'd really be proud of him if he cashes in on Matt Flynn. A team rarely gets an opportunity like that, if ever. Hard to see it not utilized to the maximum.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:12 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I fully expect them to sign Wells. TT doesn't dabble into FA often, but what he does do is pay HIS guys when they have earned it
Old 01-07-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
He might, but I'd really be proud of him if he cashes in on Matt Flynn. A team rarely gets an opportunity like that, if ever. Hard to see it not utilized to the maximum.
It would be nice but not at the expense of losing Finely. Because whatever we get for Flynn would basically be a pick to try an find another Finely. Plus maybe a little more but you never know with picks. Which would be stupid on our part. Im sure TT will get this whole situation figured out. Anyways it kind of sucks for Flynn if he gets the tag because then he doesn't exactly get to choose where he goes.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Don't feel sorry for Flynn as the Tag automatically makes him a very rich man, for life, no matter what happens afterwards.

No draftee (except the *%#@^ Eli Manning) gets to choose where he goes either. Flynn was lucky as hell he got chosen by us and got to improve and blossom within this great system and team, enough to get to this $$$$ point.

had he gone to Cleveland, St Louis, etc. he'd be a nobody right now.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
It would be nice but not at the expense of losing Finely. Because whatever we get for Flynn would basically be a pick to try an find another Finely. Plus maybe a little more but you never know with picks. Which would be stupid on our part. Im sure TT will get this whole situation figured out. Anyways it kind of sucks for Flynn if he gets the tag because then he doesn't exactly get to choose where he goes.
If we got a first round pick for Flynn we could go and get the 3-4 DE and OLB we need to solidify the defense. Forget getting a tight end to replace Finley. We dont need Finley but we do need more pass rush!
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
If we got a first round pick for Flynn we could go and get the 3-4 DE and OLB we need to solidify the defense. Forget getting a tight end to replace Finley. We dont need Finley but we do need more pass rush!
While we do need a 3-4 DE and OLB badly and I really want them. Losing Finely would be a big downgrade to our TE's. I know alot of people are down on him but the other 4 guys we have behind him arent close to his level. Just saying.

The pass rush is going to get addressed either way. I just hope we can get Finely signed, and then tag and trade Flynn for more. Thats the best case.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
While we do need a 3-4 DE and OLB badly and I really want them. Losing Finely would be a big downgrade to our TE's. I know alot of people are down on him but the other 4 guys we have behind him arent close to his level. Just saying.

The pass rush is going to get addressed either way. I just hope we can get Finely signed, and then tag and trade Flynn for more. Thats the best case.
Yep that would be great!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

So who does everyone think we will be playing next week?

Falcons, Lions or Giants?

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-07-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
So who does everyone think we will be playing next week?

Falcons, Lions or Giants?
I think it's gonna be the Giants

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would agree with the Giants. I also think they're the biggest threat to us.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Personally i think the Falcons will beat the Giants.

The have a great running game, explosive pas threat with Jones and White. They also proved they can stop use in the game we played against them earlier in the season. I actually think they would prove a bigger threat in the next round.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-07-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I predicted the Saints 45-28 tonight, was wrong as the Lions did better than I expected.. with a lot of help from the Saints Zebras.

Our offense did okay last year without Finley.... I trust Ted there. Finley isn't worth a 1st round pick. He, Graham, Gronkowski... none were even 1st rounders.

I know Quarless won't be back the same but they can get another TE and I expect DJ to step up. Crabtree is just a blocker.

Still, I think Teddy re-signs J-Mike.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

So it's down to ATL or NYG coming to Lambeau

hopefully both teams batter and beat the hell out of eachother today. I think the Giants take it in the end, however.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Philbin's son has gone missing...hopefully this story has a happy ending

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Joe Philbin's son has gone missing...hopefully this story has a happy ending
Just posted this in another thread. It did not have a happy ending. He was found in a river.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yep, it's been confirmed. Terrible news

Mike McCarthy's presser today was very awkward because you could tell this situation was at the forefront of his mind and yet he was trying to answer questions about football

the Packers declined media access to the locker room because of this situation.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Just posted this in another thread. It did not have a happy ending. He was found in a river.
Seriously? Oh f***. Thats some messed up ****!

The players just have to play for his son now.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-09-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Not a good couple of days for the Packers family. T.J. Lang's father passed away and he just buried him over the weekend, and now Joe Philbin lost his 21 year old son