Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
This is quite possible. You know what is funny, I would almost being willing to put money down that the Packers will draft a TE.

Now this is completely hypothetical, but what if the Packers drafted Orson Charles.....Imagine he and Finley together for the next 5 years or so. We could be like the Patriots except both of our TE's would be ridiculously good athletes.
I think the wild card is DJ Williams. Because of the lockout and Finley DJ didn't see the field hardly at all. I'd bet, along with House, that the Packers basically red shirted their rookies this season to start from the beginning this year.

I think TT should tag Finley to make him prove he should get a deal. I think JSOnline said the deal would be 5.2 mil which isn't bad.

Overall Finley is gravy for me, I want another real option at OLB. for 2 years it's been a bunch of guys that flash a bit then fizzle out, time to move up in the draft or trade for someone. I think the secondary will be better if Capers says away from zone and let his bump-and-run guys play man.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Philbin goin to Miami as their new head coach

So the Pack have lost Reggie McKenzie and now Joe Philbin so far. Moss and Perry have been linked to Oakland as well

I'd expect the Packers to promote Tom Clements to OC
Old 01-20-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Joe Philbin goin to Miami as their new head coach

So the Pack have lost Reggie McKenzie and now Joe Philbin so far. Moss and Perry have been linked to Oakland as well

I'd expect the Packers to promote Tom Clements to OC
I would agree with that for sure, Clements becomes the new OC.

I don't think we'll lose much with the loss of either McKenzie or Regis.

Congrats to Philbin by the way. Good for him. I don't expect much from him, there, that situation, but we'll see.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers sign AFL QB Nick Hill. Dont know who he is, never heard of him, but i like the move anyway because we must of seen something in him to think he might be able to make it.

Got cut by the Bears so we could end up making them look very stupid. Probably not though.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok Packers fans...whats the run down on Philbin? I've been reading alot of positive stuff about him and his character reminds me of a coach like Tony Dungy.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Ok Packers fans...whats the run down on Philbin? I've been reading alot of positive stuff about him and his character reminds me of a coach like Tony Dungy.
Everyone that has worked with him says he's an extremely classy, great guy. Rodgers raves about him. In Green Bay, he's always been very behind the scenes. He has never been the playcaller, so I'm not sure whether he'll assume that job in Miami or not. I think it's a good hire for Miami, but because he's never really been a prominent figure in Green Bay it's tough to say much about him. I'll be rooting for Flynn to go to Miami and have the Dolphins become a competitor in the AFC.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MIAMI - On Friday, the Miami Dolphins ended their search for a Head Coach by naming the former Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator, Joe Philbin, to the position. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what Philbin’s first course of action should be in Miami.

The Dolphins’ most glaring need is at quarterback. Whether they have already planned to draft one in April or stick with the inconsistent Matt Moore or Chad Henne has yet to be determined.

Another idea would be for Philbin to urge the Dolphins’ front office to pursue Packers back-up QB Matt Flynn in free agency or a sign-and-trade.

The biggest risk on Flynn involves committing to a player who has only two career starts in the NFL. While Flynn could turn out to be a steal, the Dolphins definitely don’t want to end up with a Kevin Kolb-esque deal (Arizona Cardinals in 2011).

When it comes down to knowing what kind of player Flynn is, there probably isn’t a better guy than Joe Philbin. Philbin has spent every practice with the signal caller and knows his tendencies better than anyone.

From the Packers perspective, there shouldn’t be any problem dealing him to the Dolphins if they do decide to franchise him. Otherwise, Flynn could also end up with the Dolphins via a bidding war involving what looks to be many teams.

From Flynn’s perspective, Miami would be a great place to land. They have an up-and-coming offensive line with Jake Long and Mike Pouncey, dangerous weapons like RB Reggie Bush and WR Brandon Marshall and one of the better defenses in the league.

Seeing that the Dolphins would have to make a significant trade to move up and get Robert Griffin III, this is probably one of the more likely scenarios to where Flynn could go.

If a deal is done, a debate will start on whether Flynn is a franchise quarterback or not. He doesn’t have the out-of-this-world ability, but the guy does win. And in this kind of league, that’s all you need sometimes.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami is a perfect situation for Flynn. The offense has weapons already in place. The hard part would be to get everyone else to buy into the system.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, i wish Flynn the best of luck. With some good weapons i think he could be a very good quarterback there.

He'll know he offense/system, he'll have Brandon Marshall to throw too, a decent running game with the Reggie Bush/Daniel Thomas and a decent offensive line with Jake Long at LT.

he just needs another WR to pair with Marshall and a TE and he would have a great chance to be a top quarterback. They could go into the draft and grab, Dwayne Allenn and Michael Floyd.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yep, i wish Flynn the best of luck. With some good weapons i think he could be a very good quarterback there.

he just needs another WR to pair with Marshall and a TE and he would have a great chance to be a top quarterback. They could go into the draft and grab, Dwayne Allenn and Michael Floyd.
James Jones + Matt Flynn + AJ Hawk for Cameron Wake.

Which side would ***** about that?
Old 01-22-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Some of you have not seen this yet.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

If we were to franchise Flynn i would rather us trade for draft picks rather than an old OLB and lose two of our players.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-23-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:

I dont like tht trade James jones is gonna have a bigger role next year with driver prob gone. And Aj has been soild for us
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no reason to trade Jones. He has a very friendly contract and is a solid WR. Makes no sense

Niners have 19 UFA....I wonder who they end up keeping and how much cap space they'll have. Would LOVE for the Pack to get Dashon Goldson if the Niners don't bring him back. Obviously this is assuming Nick Collins career is indeed over

I wouldn't mind OLB Ahmad Brooks as well from them. He shouldn't be too expensive

pipedream would be if Mario Williams is available but even if he was it doesn't fit TT's style to try and get a FA like him. Hell, he doesn't really get FA's at all anyway, so I'm just rambling right now

it's fun to pretend
Old 01-23-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
pipedream would be if Mario Williams is available but even if he was it doesn't fit TT's style to try and get a FA like him. Hell, he doesn't really get FA's at all anyway, so I'm just rambling right now

it's fun to pretend
That would be a fun pipedream.
We could afford it if we didn't have that awful contract for Hawk, a guy who produced as many turnovers for this defense this year as you or Justin Harrell did this whole year.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Is this the NBA?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah the Hawk extension is looking pretty bad. Guy literally had no impact this year. Didn't force a single turnover(fumbe or INT) and had like 1 sack

Wouldn't be surprised if DJ Smith started over him next season. In any case, since we know how TT works, there will be only be 2 FA's he signs this offseason

Scott Wells
Jermichael Finley
Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
. In any case, since we know how TT works, there will be only be 2 FA's he signs this offseason

Scott Wells
Jermichael Finley

Probably, but Nick Collin's future could influence that. If he doesn't come back that frees up a pretty big chunk of change.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It appears the coaching staff will remain largely in place. Philbin considers them "Off limits" and Oakland looks like they'll be hiring Dennis Allen.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DJ Smith had a bigger impact in his few games then Hawk ever had
. He shouldn't have just got full playing time when he came back. Hawk sucks and he better not be handed his job. I could careless if he's back.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
It appears the coaching staff will remain largely in place. Philbin considers them "Off limits" and Oakland looks like they'll be hiring Dennis Allen.
Excellent news. Just need to find out who they promote to OC. Clements has to be the guy, you'd think
Old 01-24-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Yeah has to be Clements. We can't lose him to Miami!

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-24-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
I Am Rodgers
Rookie

I Am Rodgers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Excellent news. Just need to find out who they promote to OC. Clements has to be the guy, you'd think

Clements or Edgar Bennett. I could see either one getting it.
I Am Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:07 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Rodgers View Post
Clements or Edgar Bennett. I could see either one getting it.
Yeah Bennett looks like he might be being groomed for a bigger role in the coaching staff. I still think Clements should be the guy because of his experience with the most important position in the game and the fact that Joe Philpin would probably want him as OC in Miami.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-26-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it may end up being Bennent for the packers OC. Look what he has done as a position coach for each group. I mean he took no namers at the HB position and has groomed Grant and several others into effective runners with limited fumbling problems. He also greatly fixed our fumbling issues with the recievers (James Jones). I think he is a very underrated coach who is coming into his own and would even say given a few years could be a hot hc for some team. Every group he has worked with has had success.
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote