Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2012, 02:33 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm really not in love with losing Wells. I wanna wait till after the draft and any other personnel moves before I freak out.

How many times since TT has been GM have we (including the media) spotted a guy that is believed to be available when the Packers pick only to either trade back or take a position where they are deep?

It seems to happen every year which leads me to believe that if there is a C that is to be rumored to be good fit probably wont happen.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:39 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It kind of sucks that it had to be Wells leaving, considering all of our backup OL are tackles.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mehh hate the fact we now have another need. There's quite a few holes on this team that need to be filled and we won't be able to likely get them all in the draft where the guy can come in and have an impact right away. Plus like mentioned above there's the fact TT could always just steer clear of a need and draft a player at an already deep position.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Mehh hate the fact we now have another need. There's quite a few holes on this team that need to be filled and we won't be able to likely get them all in the draft where the guy can come in and have an impact right away. Plus like mentioned above there's the fact TT could always just steer clear of a need and draft a player at an already deep position.

maybe not. Packers have shown interest in Wimbley. He may be too expensive though.

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/03...60&feedID=5196

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-17-2012 at 11:57 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
maybe not. Packers have shown interest in Wimbley.

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/03...60&feedID=5196
Wimbley would be nice to have opposite Clay. I would still say drafting an OLB in the first 3 rounds would be a sensible move however.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
It kind of sucks that it had to be Wells leaving, considering all of our backup OL are tackles.
It sucks but its going to be better in the long term. We need to get bigger along the offensive line and McCarthy finally admitted that fact. Wells is a solid player but he doesn't overwhelm defenders and is more of a technician. I'd love to see Lang shift to center and draft Brandon Brooks at #28.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know that it shows that Thompson acknowledges anything other than he couldn't afford to pay $6mil/season for a C with all the other contracts coming up for extension. Probably means that EDS is the front runner barring they land a guy like Konz or Zeitler early. EDS is basically the same size as Wells. He may fair better at C than he did at OG.

A proven pass rusher like Wimbley would be sweet, but I too worry about his price tag. Hopefully the timing of his release means that the other pass rush needy teams don't have as much money left for the Packers to compete against.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I don't know that it shows that Thompson acknowledges anything other than he couldn't afford to pay $6mil/season for a C with all the other contracts coming up for extension. Probably means that EDS is the front runner barring they land a guy like Konz or Zeitler early. EDS is basically the same size as Wells. He may fair better at C than he did at OG.

A proven pass rusher like Wimbley would be sweet, but I too worry about his price tag. Hopefully the timing of his release means that the other pass rush needy teams don't have as much money left for the Packers to compete against.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-17-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I know. Not what I'm hoping for, but I think it is the reality. Funny thing is that articles leading into FA speculated that Wells wanted close to $9mil/season and the Packers were thinking more around $6mil/season. Obviously there are things like length of contract and guaranteed money that factor in but it doesn't really seem like there was ever a chance he was coming back.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah I know. Not what I'm hoping for, but I think it is the reality. Funny thing is that articles leading into FA speculated that Wells wanted close to $9mil/season and the Packers were thinking more around $6mil/season. Obviously there are things like length of contract and guaranteed money that factor in but it doesn't really seem like there was ever a chance he was coming back.
Yeah you're right, knowing TT we'll go into the season with EDS as C, he'll play well and we'll all think our GM is a genius again.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-17-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the Packers were offering around 4.5 million annually, which is a complete slap in the face to Wells

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
the Packers were offering around 4.5 million annually, which is a complete slap in the face to Wells

TT makes me laugh.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-17-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I don't know about that. Wells is a good player but not a great one. I'd have a hard time paying a center more than $5 million annually. It sucks to lose Wells but the biggest loss is going to be the line adjustments and familiarity with Rodgers. Wells was a bend but didn't break kind of player.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Can Lang paly center?

Last edited by Pack_Attack_4 : 03-17-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Can Lang paly center?
I don't know if he's ever been tried there. Seeing some speculation that this could be an option. Still would just move the hole from C to LG; a position that Lang played pretty well last season.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't know if he's ever been tried there. Seeing some speculation that this could be an option. Still would just move the hole from C to LG; a position that Lang played pretty well last season.
Yeah it would be pretty pointless.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-17-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He played Daryn Colledge well there last year. Another year starting there might change that but I doubt it. Its really a question of weather you prefer to find a center or guard, whereas I believe guard is a much stronger position in the draft than center.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

If Lang moves to C, couldent we try Sherrod at LG
Old 03-18-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
If Lang moves to C, couldent we try Sherrod at LG
They tried that last offseason and it didn't work. Sherrod is a tackle, but it is unlikely he'll be ready to contribute this season.

I'll buy the notion that an immediate starter at LG will be easier to find in the draft than an immediate starter at C. Still no guarantee that Lang can actually play C.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Still no guarantee that Lang can actually play C.
Still no guarantee that EDS can play at the NFL level either. Let alone a rookie. I don't see a Pouncey or Mack in this draft.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Still no guarantee that EDS can play at the NFL level either. Let alone a rookie. I don't see a Pouncey or Mack in this draft.
If Lang can play C, there is an impact player at G available in DeCastro if TT wanted to trade up.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
If Lang can play C, there is an impact player at G available in DeCastro if TT wanted to trade up.
That would be horrible! You dont trade up 15 or so places to get a guard, especially when you're two biggest needs are on defense.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-18-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Quote:
They tried that last offseason and it didn't work. Sherrod is a tackle, but it is unlikely he'll be ready to contribute this season.

I'll buy the notion that an immediate starter at LG will be easier to find in the draft than an immediate starter at C. Still no guarantee that Lang can actually play C.
Hes a 1st ronder he should be ready to contribute.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hes a 1st ronder he should be ready to contribute.
He's injured...

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-18-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
He's injured...
i kno he hurt his leg but shouldent he be ready for the start of training camp.

Also jus heard Matt Flynn sighed a 3year 26Mill deal with the Seahawks.