Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Gotta love we got the Niners at home. That should be a win, although Gore will likely be fully healthy and should have a big game.

I still can't believe our schedule..

Home: Bears (Win), Lions (Win), Vikings (Win), Cardinals (Win), Niners (Win), Saints (Toss-up), Jaguars (Win), Titans (Win.)

Away: Bears (Toss-up), Lions (Win), Vikings (Win), Rams (Win), Seahawks (Win), Giants (Toss-up), Texans (Win), Colts (Win.)

That's 13 games I feel strongly that we'll win. And it's not like I feel terribly doubtful about the others. We'll probably drop one or two we should win, that's just football, but I'd bet we'll win 2 out of the 3 toss ups.

Then again, is anyone terribly afraid for this regular season? I think the Niners dip in production and the Saints/Falcons beat each other up to keep both their records right around 10. The Giants are notoriously mediocre in the regular season and that division is so tough. Rodgers is pissed about the loss and we all know how well he plays when he's ticked off.

I think we'll get a bye rather easily.
Then again.. jynx?
i think the texans should be considered a toss up. especially away. and the lions too probably. and im sure there will be one game that is just freakishly weird that the other team will play us very well no matter if we are having an off day or if we are playing one of our better games also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, love the week 10 bye. Should give them a great chance to get some players healthier for the home stretch and evaluate what they need to do to make the playoffs and/or get a bye.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Also, love the week 10 bye. Should give them a great chance to get some players healthier for the home stretch and evaluate what they need to do to make the playoffs and/or get a bye.
Yeah, I'm really happy with getting a bye that late.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Yeah, I'm really happy with getting a bye that late.
I am as well. Byes in week 4 are horrid.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post

or....I am completely wrong and he failed his physical with the team doctor and surgeon, and he retires and the Packers end up bringing Marquand Manuel back!!!
Marquand Manuel. Lord. There's a name I haven't heard for awhile.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ:
Quote:
Its worrisome for sure. A lot of questions will be answered on draft day. Obviously we need some kind of production opposite of Clay, an effective pass rusher at DE (Jenkins is missed more than people know), and Nick Collins' future has yet to be decided but the early consensus seems to be that its over.

Fortunately for us, our offense doesnt have a major need heading into next season so we can devote this whole draft to the defense and finding a developmental QB to replace Flynn.

Id love for us to trade up and go after guys we want in the same fashion we got Matthews but I trust Thompson's decision making and cant question how this teams being built. Ask me again post draft.

Was Clay hurt last year? Why his production really down? Defensively, what are you looking for from the draft?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His production was down because he was the only source of pass rush. Its not like the Giants where you have Osi, Tuck and JPP coming at you. Matthews was the only one.

Defensively, an outside linebacker to play opposite Clay, a pass rushing defensive tackle to create pressure from inside like Jenkins did, a tall corner to eventually replace Woodson and a free safety as insurance for Collins.

The 4 ideal picks IMO would be, Nick Perry, Jared Crick and Trumaine Johnson who could fill in as out dime corner and who be the 3rd safety behind Burnett and Peprah if Collins isnt ready to play.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The packers desperately miss jenkins. If he was with us last year Clay gets double digit sacks easily.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Crick is probably the closest thing to him. He can get consistent pass rush from the inside. Only problem is his injury history, we dont want another Mike Neal.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

And the defense is worlds better. Also a game on the nfl network blows! There game broadcast suck. Plus I don't get NFLN on cable so I have to go somewhere

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 04-19-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Jared Crick is probably the closest thing to him. He can get consistent pass rush from the inside. Only problem is his injury history, we dont want another Mike Neal.
I think the prospect that actually compares to Cullen the best, and he goes under the radar a bit, is Tyrone Crawford of Boise State...he played two years of JUCO ball prior to arriving on campus and put up 27 TFLs with 13 of those being sacks in his two years...has wonderful size for an end at 6'4"+ and has above average explosion

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think the prospect that actually compares to Cullen the best, and he goes under the radar a bit, is Tyrone Crawford of Boise State...he played two years of JUCO ball prior to arriving on campus and put up 27 TFLs with 13 of those being sacks in his two years...has wonderful size for an end at 6'4"+ and has above average explosion
I think he is more of a 4-3DE, he is a little too light to be a 3-4DE. A guy that I like as a late round guy is Markus Kuhn from NC State. 6'4" 299lbs. He ran a 4.89 40 and had a 34" vertical at the combine. I see him as a 5-7 rounder.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the packers target andrew datko. I like him as a future left tackle
Old 04-23-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Clifton fails physical, will be released

Old 04-23-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chad Clifton fails physical, will be released
Whoa, that is not good news. Well looks like we will be drafting a tackle relatively early this year. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

I think the real question now has to be whether or not Bulaga is the LT of the future or if Marshall/Sherrod are.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I think the real question now has to be whether or not Bulaga is the LT of the future or if Marshall/Sherrod are.
Bulaga is going to stay put at right tackle; he's been wonderful there so don't mess with it. I think the coaching staff will let Newhouse and Sherrod battle it out. We invested a high pick in Sherrod, we obviously like him, and it'd be wrong to dismiss his chances after one season. A mid round pick in the tackle position becomes a high probability now; maybe Donald Stephenson?

Old 04-23-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

It would be stupid to move Bulaga. He's been set a right tackle for two years now, no need to change that.

They obviously think Sherrod can be the tackle of the future and are probably seeing Newhouse as the swing/backup tackle. We could maybe draft a tackle in the 4th/5th round and have them as the 4th tackle.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-23-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Stupid double post!

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-23-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

No real surprise on Clifton being done... surprised he made it this long. We also save ourselves close to 6 million so that's always good.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whoa, that is not good news. Well looks like we will be drafting a tackle relatively early this year. Not necessarily a bad thing.
I can't imagine this changes draft plans at all. Considering the last two first round picks have been OTs and Newhouse looks like he can be a starter, I'd be very surprised to take an OT before the 4th round.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its going to be sad to see Clifton go... Him and Tauscher were great bookends for the better part of a decade.

I would love to see Sherrod step in to the starting spot and not look back.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Its going to be sad to see Clifton go... Him and Tauscher were great bookends for the better part of a decade.

I would love to see Sherrod step in to the starting spot and not look back.
I strongly believe Sherrod can be our left tackle. I was a big fan of taking him last year and believe his lack of readiness can be contributed to the coaching staff experimenting with him at left guard over preparing him at left tackle for the long term.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I strongly believe Sherrod can be our left tackle. I was a big fan of taking him last year and believe his lack of readiness can be contributed to the coaching staff experimenting with him at left guard over preparing him at left tackle for the long term.
It was definitely a questionable move. Sherrod, a rookie offensive tackle, was never going to beat out TJ Lang for the left guard spot.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-23-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I agree. I just meant sooner than later. I would love to see him come to camp and completely blow Newhouse out for the spot.