Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Oh I agree. I just meant sooner than later. I would love to see him come to camp and completely blow Newhouse out for the spot.
I'll be surprised if Sherrod can make that much of a leap coming off of the injury. I think it's a good bet that Newhouse will improve significantly with a full offseason.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We resigned Walden, which is a bit of a headscratcher. He is pretty terrible.

Maybe they want to compare whoever they draft to him? Or they think he's a serviceable backup?

Obviously we signed him for the min. so it doesn't really matter.

Clifton.. miss him but he was worse than Newhouse last year. Newhouse and Sherrod will battle out for the starting job, which Newhouse will win.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, there's really no reason to not bring Walden back to camp. It's just potential depth; have him compete for a backup job.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah pretty much. The guy clearly showed last year he isn't a starter and GB knows it
Old 04-24-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Well, there's really no reason to not bring Walden back to camp. It's just potential depth; have him compete for a backup job.
His off-the-field issues were my primary concern. I'm sure we signed him for no guaranteed, though, so he's probably just a camp body unless he sparks.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I'll be surprised if Sherrod can make that much of a leap coming off of the injury.
He broke his leg, its not like he shredded his knee or something.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
He broke his leg, its not like he shredded his knee or something.
Last update I saw speculated that he "could" be ready for camp. If he is 100% and can participate in a full training camp maybe he has a shot. It is all about reps. I just think Newhouse will have a signficant headstart and Sherrod will be hard pressed to pass him this season. Maybe as the season goes on Sherrod could jump him on the depth chart.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Last update I saw speculated that he "could" be ready for camp. If he is 100% and can participate in a full training camp maybe he has a shot. It is all about reps. I just think Newhouse will have a signficant headstart and Sherrod will be hard pressed to pass him this season. Maybe as the season goes on Sherrod could jump him on the depth chart.
Agreed, Newhouse has a supreme advantage. Hopefully, he takes advantage of all of the extra weight lifting and practice time. I just have to think they will give Bulaga a shot at LT. I mean, you always want the better tackle to protect the blindside of the quarterback. I hope they give Bulaga a shot, because he is still young and could easily develop into a legit LT.

Also, with Sherrod basically being out, he can just learn a new technique at right tackle. If Bulaga can do it, so can Sherrod.

I am biased as I like Bulaga more than Sherrod. I watched Sherrod play in an exhibition game, and he looked like Breno Giacomini out there....meaning he got blown back. I hate OT's that get blown back and pancaked. Granted he was a rookie, but again, so was Bulaga, and Bulaga pretty much secured a starting spot / top backup spot from day one. With that said, probably MM keeps Bulaga at RT. Oh well, that is why I am a fan.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Collins just got released.... Damnit.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Various Packers beat writers are reporting that the Packers will be releasing Nick Collins. They don't feel comfortable with him playing again after neck surgery. No clue if he was even cleared by doctors, but obviously the message is strong from GB that they don't think the risk is worth it

no clue if Nick will continue his career with another team or not

real ****** news and a HUGE blow to the team. I'll never forget his pick 6 in the SB! Good luck to Nick

Last edited by BloodBrother : 04-25-2012 at 10:11 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Man this nick collins news sucks. he was prob the best safety in the NFC B4 going down. its glnna be hard to replace a guy of his caliper
Pack_Attack_4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Nick may never be healthy again to play football but I think the Packers were very smart not rushing him back.

I wish him well and hope he can make a full recovery to spend time with his wife and kids.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow... bad news on Nick. That certainly changes the outlook of the draft to some extent
Old 04-25-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow this is sad news. He was an elite safety, so its sad to see his career go down this path.

If he does to another team, i'll definitely be rooting for him.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Serious loss to Green Bay. I hope he can recover fully and play again. Obviously grateful for his contribution to the Packers.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Wow.. that hurts.

Collins was really just entering his prime and still had tremendous potential. Irreplaceable. Look at our D after he was gone.. I know we allowed some big games up to that point but I am sure we wouldn't have been historically bad had he been there all season.

Classy move on the Packers to release him. Seems like he wanted to play but they didn't feel he had fully recovered and wouldn't risk it. Easily could have said "This doctor cleared him and he wants to play, welcome back" but took the high road.

Best of luck to him.. bummer.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a huge blow, safety is by far our most pressing need now and must be addressed in the draft and or free agency/trade.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
What a huge blow, safety is by far our most pressing need now and must be addressed in the draft and or free agency/trade.
I still think OLB is a bigger need. We have Burnett and Peprah back there who are two decent starters, but at OLB we have no one worthy of even being a back up. Pass rusher is a more valuable position than safety as well.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor is Packers are looking to trade the Browns for Colt McCoy.

This makes good sense for both parties. Packers did a servicable backup and McCoy gets the time he needs to sit back and learn the game. McCarthy's quarterback school can only benefit him.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Rumor is Packers are looking to trade the Browns for Colt McCoy.

This makes good sense for both parties. Packers did a servicable backup and McCoy gets the time he needs to sit back and learn the game. McCarthy's quarterback school can only benefit him.
I was just thinking that after Asante Samuel garnered only a 7th rounder that Colt McCoy would be worth a going after from 5th down.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be really interesting to watch BJ Coleman play in the preseason. He had no talent surrounding him at Tennessee-Chattanooga, so the leap to the NFL (even the borderline roster guys he'll face) is going to be huge. I'd love to see him earn a roster spot, but if he ends up on the practice squad, that would also be really good for him.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

DL depth will be tested early on

No Neal for first 4 games and No Hargrove for the first 8

Gonna be asking a lot of the rookies(Worthy and Daniels) early on. Hope they are ready

Last edited by BloodBrother : 05-02-2012 at 11:13 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atleast its only May 2nd.. lots of time to make a move to address it if TT feels its necessary.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

I know some of you guys still have some level of hope for Mike Neal left; I consider him done and wouldn't be shocked to see him cut before the season.

Hargrove 8 games is a bummer but at least we'll get to see, early, what we've got in Worthy!

Old 05-02-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Doesnt' make sense to cut either before the season. Both guys don't count against the final roster since they are on suspensions, so the Pack can roll in with likely 6 DL between Pickett, Raji, Worthy, Daniels, Muir, Wilson, Wynn, Guy

once Neal is able to return, maybe they keep 7 DL. 8 games in they'll know how their Dline is and whether Hargrove is needed or not. NEver know if somebody on the line suffers an injury or not.