Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I really wish the team would show more interest in bringing Brad Jones back; he was our best inside backer last year.
Yea me 2. But we will get Bishop and Smith back. And we still have Hawk :( .. they should cut him and sign Jones. But atleast for now atleast he has taking a cut. He was set to count 7mil against the cap this year before!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, they sure do love Hawk for some reason

whatever. I wonder how big his paycut was. I wish they'd just move on already, his only positive attribute is that he has remained healthy, but he just doesn't provide any impact in any facet
Old 03-15-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings is officially a Viking

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His sister is going to LOVE Christian Ponder.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Expected, but a shame. Now I have to go and boo the guy and I didn't want to have to do that
Old 03-15-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted him but its actually probably for the best just not to throw too.much money at him. Atleast he didn't go to them like Favre but I can no longer root for him at all. I don't hate him like Favre but I'm just sad.. I loved Greg a lot.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

5yrs/$47.5 million, $18 million guaranteed is what Jennings got
Old 03-15-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jermichael is probably very happy that Jennings decided to play elsewhere.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do we do next now?
Extend J-Mike, Matthews, or Rodgers?
Or all 3 of them?

Teddy needs to know what budget he has to play with if he wants to do any bargain hunting.

He has to know that other teams also draft good players.
Look at the Vikings.... their top 2 last year were Kalil and Harrison Smith, made their team better.
Our top 2 didn't.

If we don't improve, A LOT, we have no prayer of winning the Super Bowl despite Rodgers being great. That is a fact. Seattle, San Fran, and Atlanta all improved a lot more than we did during the course of the season. They each have added some key proven playmakers since then as well, plus they are confident going forward.

Now, the question is, HOW do we improve?
It cannot only be from the draft.

Also, it cannot only be from players within taking steps forward. Other teams do that as well... ours aren't going to improve faster... we have to add playmakers on defense. Speed on defense. Fundamentals on defense. Aggressiveness on defense.

Better blocking on the OL.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I can no longer root for him at all. I don't hate him like Favre but I'm just sad...
Agree 100%.
He's dead to me now.
He checked out mentally a long time ago.
He was planning on not being back.
He didn't put his house on the market just for the helluvit.

His sister didn't just say that **** from her own mind.
He was gone long ago, just expected it to be Miami, but Philbin was overruled by owner/management, who wanted the younger legs in Wallace.

It just amazes me the Minnesota Vultures continue to go after our guys.... there are 31 other teams in the NFL besides us, and they always try to take our guys...... if they didn't have the great youngster in Harrison Smith, I bet they'd go after Woodson too.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings signing with the Vikings actually pisses me off a lot more than Favre signing with the Vikings.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
What do we do next now?
Extend J-Mike, Matthews, or Rodgers?
Or all 3 of them?

Teddy needs to know what budget he has to play with if he wants to do any bargain hunting.

He has to know that other teams also draft good players.
Look at the Vikings.... their top 2 last year were Kalil and Harrison Smith, made their team better.
Our top 2 didn't.

If we don't improve, A LOT, we have no prayer of winning the Super Bowl despite Rodgers being great. That is a fact. Seattle, San Fran, and Atlanta all improved a lot more than we did during the course of the season. They each have added some key proven playmakers since then as well, plus they are confident going forward.

Now, the question is, HOW do we improve?
It cannot only be from the draft.

Also, it cannot only be from players within taking steps forward. Other teams do that as well... ours aren't going to improve faster... we have to add playmakers on defense. Speed on defense. Fundamentals on defense. Aggressiveness on defense.

Better blocking on the OL.
I think you are overreacting a little bit. Yes, improvement needs to happen, but the sky isn't completely falling yet.

I agree more speed needs to be added to the defense, but I think that can be done in the draft. I don't see any free agents out there that I would really want to throw a lot of money at. Sure, if somebody can be had for cheap it'd be fine, but I don't think anybody is available that would "fix" the defense. An off season to get healthy will be the biggest improvement for a lot of players.

As far as your original question, extensions should go to Rodgers first, then Matthews. I'd say let Finley play out his contract and walk unless he can show consistency.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Nobody has been able to persuade me why Rodgers deserves a new deal before Matthews does.
Clay is STILL on his ROOKIE bargain contract. Rodgers got rewarded into his 1st season as a starter, with a new big deal.
Matthews deal is also up sooner, after this year instead of after 2014.

Back to Jennings, it was always about the $$$$ period. > http://packersinsider.com/?p=5271
Old 03-16-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't really matter which deal gets done first, as they both need new deals. The only reason I said Rodgers first was because he is the most important player on the team and if only 1 deal could be done, it should be him.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Tom Crabtree signed with the Bucs

I will miss that weird looking mofo
Old 03-16-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Tom Crabtree signed with the Bucs

I will miss that weird looking mofo
As will I. He did some good things. Especially blocking so it will hurt a little losing him.

So far this FA we have only managed to get worse. TT better hope some of our injured guys come back strong and he drafts really well. At this rate we going nowhere

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-16-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far not much to be excited about. I've always agreed for the most part with the philosophy of keeping your own guys instead of spending a bunch of money on FAs but they don't seem to be doing either. Granted Crabtree isn't a dynamic player by any means but he was a dependable guy, good blocker, and core ST player. There have been guys who ave stuck around longer contributing less (Bush has been here how long?).

ILB a position of need only gets worse if they can't bring B. Jones back. Seems like they had no choice but to bring Hawk back with Jones unsigned and both Bishop and Smith coming of serious injuries. Manning better be ready to play.

In the end Thompson will probably figure it out but it would be nice to see that money going somewhere to improve the team if these guys are just going to be let go.

Banking on Bishop, Smith, Quarless, and Sherrod, to all come back 100% to what they were before makes me uneasy.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Never question the Grey Ghost.
Ted always knows best.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Clay Matthews got in a car accident, both legs broken.

Or it might be a joke, idk

Last edited by princefielder28 : 03-17-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Clay Matthews got in a car accident, both legs broken.

Or it might be a joke, idk
Dude what? Shut the **** up you so better be wrong!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

It is a joke, total bogus report as it said at the bottom of the stupid garbage site.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Thank god! Stupidest ******* thing ever.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports Greg Jennings received an offer worth $8 million annually from the Packers and a $6 million-a-year offer from the Patriots before signing with the Vikings for $9 million per season.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, he definitely didn't want to play here.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yep, he definitely didn't want to play here.
We don't necessarily know the length the Packers offered though. If it was 3 years, $24 million versus 5 years, $47.5 million then the offers wouldn't be considered close.