Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
id want him, providing Favre comes back. It is well documented his respect for Favre. If anyone can control him, it would be brett favre.
control him for what, maybe one more year? If even one more.
Moss would destroy the packers, i don't want that **** head.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

For all you skeptics

"Favre looks deep, pumps once, throws, Randy Moss goes and gets it, 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, TOUCHDOWN."

Then you're happy, and you forget about not liking him.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
id want him, providing Favre comes back. It is well documented his respect for Favre. If anyone can control him, it would be brett favre.
Moss would destroy the packers, i don't want that *********** head.
prove it. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, a place where football players are treated like kings.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
Quote:
Quote:
prove it. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, a place where football players are treated like kings.
— Moss admittedly takes plays off.

— Moss admits to occasionally using marijuana.

— Moss was arrested for pushing a traffic officer a half-block with his car in 2002.

— Moss mooned you during the Jan. 9, 2005, playoff game at Lambeau Field. Are you really read to forgive that?

— Moss quit on his Raiders teammates this season.

— Moss dropped a bunch of passes this season.

— In his last three seasons, he’s averaged just 50 catches per season

He’s coming off the worst season of his career: 42 catches for 553 yards and three touchdowns. Sure, a lot of that had to deal with his supporting cast, but more of it had to do with his lack of effort.

Moss turns 30 next month. He’s owed $21 million over the next two seasons
From scout.com
Not saying all of this is relative, but still these are his downsides.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Gravedigger42
Rookie

Gravedigger42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

— Moss quit on his Raiders teammates this season

That is the #1 reason why nobody should want him on thier team. The Raiders sucked big time this year and he didn't agree with the coach, but he at least , for his teammates, should've finished out the season. He just doesn't care about the game or his mates unless he's catching a TD. He would rather catch a TD and lose a game than win without a TD catch.

I will never cheer for that kinda jerk.
Gravedigger42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
Quote:
Quote:
— Moss admittedly takes plays off.

— Moss admits to occasionally using marijuana.

— Moss was arrested for pushing a traffic officer a half-block with his car in 2002.

— Moss mooned you during the Jan. 9, 2005, playoff game at Lambeau Field. Are you really read to forgive that?

— Moss quit on his Raiders teammates this season.

— Moss dropped a bunch of passes this season.

— In his last three seasons, he’s averaged just 50 catches per season

He’s coming off the worst season of his career: 42 catches for 553 yards and three touchdowns. Sure, a lot of that had to deal with his supporting cast, but more of it had to do with his lack of effort.

Moss turns 30 next month. He’s owed $21 million over the next two seasons
From scout.com
Not saying all of this is relative, but still these are his downsides.
-takes plays off, thats a problem but the plays he's in=big reward

-I'm not condoning illegal activities but whats wrong with smoking weed? Maybe he doesn't do it to be "cool"

-Moss' problem with the law, we've all had our moments with the pigs.

-Moss mooned the packers, thats because WE MOON THE OPPOSING TEAMS BUS. It was a joke for him and his teammates. I think its pretty funny

-Quit on his teammates, but didn't Charles Woodson do that as well. He would get "injured" and not play hurt. He's turned out ok if i recall correctly.

-Dropped a bunch of passes this season, you know he's got hands and i'm sure that was part of him not trying

-Moss is still an elite receiver in the league and would provide a red zone threat and deep threat all in one. He would improve the team and i believe he is worth the risk
Old 01-13-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I woulda quit on the raiders last year too

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey
F that, If your a pro player you shoudl never quit. Moss has a terrible additude.

they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
F that, If your a pro player you shoudl never quit. Moss has a terrible additude.

they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:

they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow TT was so pissed off he needed to post his point 3 times.

I agree with you TT, a player should never quit on his/her team. You're paid to by an employer. It'd be just like me sitting around doing nothing while other people work at my job.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
If you're an NFL coach you shouldn't be running an offense from the 60s either

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:
Quote:
"The Raiders and Packers are talking about a deal for Moss, and Moss and Packers GM Ted Thompson have spoke to gauge Moss' interest in coming to the Packers. The Packers feel Moss can be the player he was with the Vikings (pre 2004) and get new energy if playing for the Packers and possibly with Brett Favre. The Packers feel they have the inside track on Moss since they have a lot of cap room and play the Vikings twice a year, something Moss really likes. A player may have to be thrown in make the deal work and a name being thrown out there is WR Robert Ferguson. "
also... http://packers.scout.com/2/609156.html
god, i hope this isn't true. i hate Moss so much.

Moss' salary is way too high!
$21 million over the next 2 seasons. No way. But I like the idea of trading Robert Ferguson to ANYONE!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Wow TT was so pissed off he needed to post his point 3 times.

I agree with you TT, a player should never quit on his/her team. You're paid to by an employer. It'd be just like me sitting around doing nothing while other people work at my job.
I dont want to question your work ethic but i'm sure if there are computers at work you may sneak a peak on sports website or use time when you should be working for "taking a break"
Old 01-13-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I could see Moss coming to Green Bay tempting Brett Favre to play.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain
Its a fact no Tony G for us.... he signed a 5 year extention with the Chiefs, now where do we go from here.... how about Chandler from Iowa... i think he looks good
Old 01-13-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you're an NFL coach you shouldn't be running an offense from the 60s either

This has absolutly nothing to do with the coach. Moss QUIT on his team, now why in the hell would you like a player on your team who does **** like that. Its amazing on how many people hate merriweather for the crap he's done but will kiss moss's ass for doing much dumber things then merriweather.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Didn't mean to type so big on that last post, my bad
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Moss is done. He's not the same Moss that ripped us apart in 1998. He's smoked too much pot since then.

Speaking of losers and pot smokers..... did you just see Brian Westbrook break the 60-yard TD run on the Saints there?

Did you notice #34 there Mike McKenzie with his dreadlocks flopping out, WHIFFING on the tackle... he was the only one who had a chance to stop that from being a big play. Unblocked.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

IIRC, the trade ended up as:

Packers get:
Nick Collins

Saints get:
Mike McKenzie

The original trade (for the 2nd rounder) was scrutinized at the time, but we are definitely the winners in the long run. Nice work by Sherm.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reason's i don't want Moss...

- too much money

- i hate his attitude

- takes plays off

- not the same player he used to be

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804

Packers get:
Nick Collins

Saints get:
Mike McKenzie

The original trade (for the 2nd rounder) was scrutinized at the time, but we are definitely the winners in the long run. Nice work by Sherm.
We also got JT O'Sullivan. But yeah good trade for the situation we were in.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804

Packers get:
Nick Collins

Saints get:
Mike McKenzie

but if Sherman had been the GM during the draft we definitely wouldn't have gotten Nick Collins (or anyone good for that matter). either way it's worked out.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Take this for what it's worth...... i saw it somewhere else and i just thought i would share.
Quote:
As far as the Moss rumor here what I have and I would gladly share it with you fellow Packers fans....

The Packers and Raiders have had discussions on a deal that would send Randy Moss to the Packers and the Raiders receiving either (a.) a 2nd round pick or (b.) a 3rd and a player.

The Packers (thru various channels) have been told (thru the same various channels) that Moss would LOVE to come to Green Bay and like to play with Brett Favre and the Packers.

The Raiders are also talking to other teams and seeing what would be the best option for the Raiders.

Ted Thompson (at first) was going to take a wait and see approach. He wanted to see if the Raiders were/are going to release him (which is STILL an option I have been told).

I heard an interview with Moss today. When he was asked about the Raiders 1st round pick, he danced around the question and said something like "if i'm still in Oakland" which only adds to the speculation he will not be a Raider. He also said he wants to win a ring and, as we all know, Oakland is a long ways away from that.

Thompson wants to add some vets to this young team, and Moss, (at 30 years old this up-coming season) at a reasonable price, would be (or shall I say IS) a player that Thompson feels can come in and make a difference right away.

There are other teams that is interested in him and this deal (as of right now) is far from a done deal. As far as tampering, the Packers never made contact with Moss directly, that is why I said VARIOUS CHANNELS were used. Also, the Raiders were just getting feelers for him, and the Packers were the 1st team they talked to, but from what I was told, they were going to call the Raiders this offseason anyway about Moss.

they get smoked.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd rounder is a bit high for Moss IMO. You're basically trading Javon Walker for Randy Moss a year later. It would certainly make the Packers a hell of a lot more interesting though.

The biggest question not yet asked though, is what the Packers do if they trade for Moss and then Favre doesn't come back? Rogers doesn't appear to have the arm strength to utilize him properly. Even if Favre comes back this year, it's still on a year by year basis and eventually you're going to have to turn to a QB with much less arm strength.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote