Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These guys already getting beat down, before contact in practices, before any preseason games, really always puzzles me.

House lost 10 pounds from eating bad salmon or something.... and he was already too wirey, thin, finesse before IMO. I wanted him to add 10-15 lbs muscle.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You do know 10-15lbs of muscle is a significant amount of weight for an athlete and he would lose speed/agility/quickness....for somebody who doesn't take many hits he should stay at his previous weight before the illness.
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Datone Jones and Bakhtiari are having excellent camps thus far from the sounds of things. Both guys looking dominant in their 1-on-1's.

Barclay was with the 1's at RT during no huddle in the last portion of practice today. He's been getting reps at Center but seems to be having trouble with the snaps. It'll take time and reps, but I like that they are trying this. If Barclay can get things down, he has more upside there than EDS. Sucks that Tretter is out for this year as he'd likely be getting worked at Center

Last edited by BloodBrother : 07-31-2013 at 11:22 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Barclay stick at right tackle because his showed good progress from game to game and the rushing attack improved greatly while he was starting. I'm not the biggest fan of EDS but he does have chemistry with Rodgers more than anyone on the roster.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, EDS is locked in as the starting Center. Barclay is just too green at that position and Tretter is obviously out for the year. I'm rooting for Barclay to be the starting RT as well.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie Lacy appears to be out of shape and has had weight issues since his pro day back in April. I know Coach McCarthy has stated he's not concerned but he's also not one to publicly criticize players. I would hate to see a Lendale White type career out of Eddie. Franklin, in the meantime, has looked like a seasoned professional; no surprise given his transition from Mora's system at UCLA.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Franklin's character is special. You don't see a lot of guys like him. Every team wishes they had 53 Johnathan Franklin's.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Franklin, but I've heard he's had some trouble with blitz pickups, getting just run over.... but Nick Perry should run over just about any RB.

LenWhale White was a fat flop.... I don't worry about that with Eddie, just Eddie staying healthy is my prayer.

I agree on Barclay at RT strongly over Newhouse. Barclay seems to be tougher. I hold a grudge still over Newhouse for the Chiefs game and Sherrod's leg getting snapped. And Newhouse getting killed by the Giants.

Would be great to see Bahktiari upgrade some spot there.

Datone Jones is awesome..... I just want to get him to the 49er game healthy please and let him after Kaepernick.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Night practice tonight.
Scrimmage tomorrow night.
I supposed the weather calls for thunderstorms tomorrow night in the area there?
Old 08-02-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Night practice tonight.
Scrimmage tomorrow night.
I supposed the weather calls for thunderstorms tomorrow night in the area there?
Weather is going to be beautiful in Green Bay this weekend.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I have liked Boykin since last year's training camp, and I believe Jeremy Ross is also very very good. His fumble killed us in San Fran, but I forgive him..... still has a lot of ability, and our #1-5 WR's are set.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...till-a-mystery

......Boykin was the last receiver to make the team last season but was used sparingly. He has caught just about everything thrown his way in the first week of camp. That continued Friday night, when he had perhaps his best practice to date. In a team period early in practice, he stretched out to make a tough catch on a deep ball from Aaron Rodgers. Two plays later, Rodgers hit Boykin on a hitch that he quickly took up the field.

Ross, who was promoted from the practice squad last season but was used primarily on special teams, stood out during the two-minute period that ended practice. On a four-play scoring drive, Ross had catches of 15 yards on consecutive plays.

Boykin and Ross also have been given extensive roles on special teams.

"They’ve definitely created a value for themselves individually and continue to improve and make plays," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said after practice.

Daniels dominates: Defensive tackle Mike Daniels continued to shine in pass-rushing drills. The second-year pro won three of his four reps Friday to improve his camp-long record to 9-8 in a drill that heavily favors the offensive player.

At just 6-foot and 291 pounds, Daniels probably isn’t big enough to be an every-down player, but he might be carving out a significant role in the sub packages. In a limited role last season, he had two sacks.

Odds and ends: Defensive tackle Johnny Jolly, who is attempting to make an NFL roster for the first time since the 2009 season after serving a three-year suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, stripped the ball from Alex Green during a team run period. It was believed to be the first fumble by a running back in an 11-on-11 period this camp. However, Jolly still hasn’t made much of an impression in the one-on-one drills. He lost all five of his reps in the pass-rushing drill on Friday and only one was against a projected starting offensive lineman. ... Outside linebacker Nick Perry, whose rookie year ended last season after only six games because of surgery on his left wrist, has been practicing with a large protective brace that covers most of his left forearm. ... Practice ended with the most efficient no-huddle period of camp by the offense, which needed just 36 seconds to go 70 yards on four plays. It ended with tight end Jermichael Finley’s best catch of camp, a 15-yard touchdown on a seam route against tight coverage by safety Jerron McMillian. ... Friday’s session was the only night practice of training camp, and it drew perhaps the largest crowd of the summer.

Medical report: Receiver Jordy Nelson missed his first practice of the summer because he had a recurrence of an old knee injury, McCarthy said. Another starter, linebacker Brad Jones, dropped out midway through practice because of a finger injury. Rookie linebacker Nate Palmer returned after missing two practices because of a shoulder injury.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Not sure if Tavecchio is the answer, but my god it's time to move on from Crosby

He couldn't have looked worse if he tried tonight during the scrimmage. Went 2-6 in the FG drill with misses from 33, 37, 43, and 53. Crosby also missed a 48 yarder earlier in the night(doinked it off the right upright) Tavechio went 5-6 with his one miss being from 47(Hyde got some pressure in there at the end). Tavecchio made from 51 but hit the crossbar and had it bounce over

Really wish they got a veteran kicker. Crosby cannot be the guy this year. He's woefully inaccurate and is showing it again so far early in camp and I don't think Tavecchio has the leg, especially for playing in Lambeau.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 08-03-2013 at 09:20 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Not sure if Tavecchio is the answer, but my god it's time to move on from Crosby

He couldn't have looked worse if he tried tonight during the scrimmage. Went 2-6 in the FG drill with misses from 33, 37, 43, and 53. Crosby also missed a 48 yarder earlier in the night(doinked it off the right upright) Tavechio went 5-6 with his one miss being from 47(Hyde got some pressure in there at the end). Tavecchio made from 51 but hit the crossbar and had it bounce over

Really wish they got a veteran kicker. Crosby cannot be the guy this year. He's woefully inaccurate and is showing it again so far early in camp and I don't think Tavecchio has the leg, especially for playing in Lambeau.
I just came here to post this:

Tavecchio outkicks Crosby
--After Drive 8, Crosby misses field goal from 37 yards, and is greeted by boos for second time. Tavecchio then steps in and makes field goal.
--Crosby returns and splits uprights from 47 yards and Tavecchio misses wide right.
--Kickers go back to 53 yards and Crosby misses wide right. Tavecchio hits crossbar and it bounces through.
(Kickers now kicking to north end zone after kicking to south end zone.)
--Crosby from 33 yards, wide right, but Tavecchio is right down the middle
--Now at 43 yards, Crosby misses and looks to the sky. Tavecchio once again makes the kick.
--Moving back to 51 yards, Crosby finally makes a kick. Tavecchio also makes kick.
Total: Crosby 2 for 6; Tavecchio 5 for 6.

THIS JUST IN: CROSBY STILL SUCKS
Old 08-03-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

What I don't like is that Masthay will have to do kickoffs because Tavecchio doesn't have the best leg. I also worry about him come November/Dec/Jan having to kick 45-50 yarders in cold weather. He doesn't seem to have the best leg....though I'll take the more accurate, weaker leg over the inaccurate, strong leg

Hell, maybe we'll stop seeing MM attempt 55 yard FG's. Pin the opposition deep in their own territory
Old 08-03-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Crosby isn't cut, he is literally untouchable. Pathetic performance and it's obvious last year was no fluke.

Also, to touch on Lacy. That one photo made him look overweight. Every other indication, photographs, video, reports, have him in good shape. No, he's not small. He's not supposed to be.

He looked fantastic tonight and has looked superb by all accounts in red zone drills. He also has looked good catching the ball and in blitz pickup. I think he's the real deal.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Lacy is the real deal, there's no question.
The only question, as always, especially with A) us and B) runningbacks, it pretty much comes down to health.

Even with our pedestrian pale offensive line, I think he can be a good one and make other teams' fans pissed that we stole him late round 2.

I already love DuJuan Harris, and Johnathan Franklin.
And now I love Angelo Pease too, the more I study & evaluate him.
I don't mind a healthy Alex Green and James Starks either.

Some guys are gonna go....
Old 08-03-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Lacy is the real deal, there's no question.
The only question, as always, especially with A) us and B) runningbacks, it pretty much comes down to health.

Even with our pedestrian pale offensive line, I think he can be a good one and make other teams' fans pissed that we stole him late round 2.

I already love DuJuan Harris, and Johnathan Franklin.
And now I love Angelo Pease too, the more I study & evaluate him.
I don't mind a healthy Alex Green and James Starks either.

Some guys are gonna go....
Speaking of the real deal. Datone Jones. I think he could be a really, really big deal. By all accounts he has looked STELLAR and I always thought his character, measurables and work ethic were absolutely elite. He had two "sacks" in the scrimmage tonight and has been dominating the pass rushing drills.

If he is what I think he'll be, and Perry is above average, that front seven could be a very good one this year. Combined with a deep secondary, I think there is a decent chance our defense is more 2010 than 2011(or 12) this year.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Instead of echoing what has already been said, I focused my attention most on the receiver battle for the 5th spot. I know Jeremy Ross has had a good start and I like what I saw from Omarius Hines. He brings size to the position and has good hands.

BJ Coleman looks more mechanically sound this year, but he still needs to develop his understanding of defensive looks and not locking in on receivers; that'll come with more game action though.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Ross looked great on returns, which is where he'll make most of his living and more importantly....helping them keep Cobb off of them.

Walker looked good at WR....dude might come in and steal a spot with all the WR's out. The 2 rookie WR's(Dorsey, Johnson) better get on the field soon or they'll be out of a job shortly. Being passed up by other guys

Here is Tramon's current report

Quote:
Medical report: Cornerback Tramon Williams said he’s still awaiting word on all the medical opinions on his injured knee, but doesn’t believe surgery will be necessary. He said tests showed bruising but no tears, but he wasn’t certain whether he would play in any of the preseason games.
Sure hope he won't need surgery on whatever the issue is. Knee bone bruise maybe IDK
Old 08-04-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Jeremy Ross is a very good kick returner, could become a great one if the KR blockers are good.

I've always been a big higher on Graham Harrell than most, perhaps because I live in Texas and saw him perform as well as Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy at the same time in the same conference. I liked his leadership, poise, and accuracy.

Tramon says his knee was hurt in practice, the first padded practice, when he fell down onto the NATURAL GRASS, and banged his knee on it. He kept playing. He says all indications are that he just needs rest. Pretty strange how the pre-season hasn't even gotten here and he already needs rest.

How is Mason Crosby NOT worried about his job? What a liar.
He's gotta be out of excuses now> http://packersinsider.com/2013/08/ma...ut-of-excuses/

Deja Vu, or Groundhog Day?
This article is from 9 months ago> http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...by-staying-put
Old 08-04-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I'm done with Tramon Williams. He hasn't helped us on the field the last two seasons and he appears to be extremely fragile. For the money he's making, he's a complete waste.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I think this is his last season. Shields, Hayward, House, with Micah Hyde added to the mix as well as other CB's
Old 08-04-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know where to find the video of the scrimmage?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Anyone know where to find the video of the scrimmage?
maybe seeing if WLUK's website has it

Old 08-04-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Do any of our RB's have any value?
With Starks (possibly) looking pretty good, would anyone give anything for him this month or before week 1?

Can't imagine anyone would give anything for Alex Green.
But if someone like Le'Veon Bell were to go down this pre-season, would Pittsburgh offer anything for Starks?

I'd like to keep:
Lacy
Franklin
Harris

Maybe Alex, but for sure want to stash Pease on PS.