Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I place this loss on Ted Thompson's shoulders. He has been ignorant to the backup QB position and now the team is screwed. If we want to have a quarterback who is mobile but struggles in the pocket, why didn't we just stick with Young?
Yep and if you needed more convincing:

@SeifertESPN
Seneca Wallace's teams have lost 14 of his 21 career starts. That includes 7 of the last 8 dating back to 2009.

So we have a short, noodle-armed QB with no pocket presence that has lost 7 of the last 8 games he's started. Sounds like a winning recipe to me
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they had a competent option last night they may as just won the game

and now with the reports of Rodgers being out 3 weeks, we are praying that they can somehow just win 1 of the next 3 to give them a fighting chance at a playoff berth by the time Rodgers returns(with a 6-5 record)
Old 11-05-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
If they had a competent option last night they may as just won the game

and now with the reports of Rodgers being out 3 weeks, we are praying that they can somehow just win 1 of the next 3 to give them a fighting chance at a playoff berth by the time Rodgers returns(with a 6-5 record)
I agree. There were just a handful of throws that he really needed to make. Two that stand out are the fade in the endzone (awful placement) and the short cross he threw behind Jordy (was third down I believe). When he did complete a pass it appeared to take everything he had to get it there on time.

It sounds like they are going to stick to their guns and ride Wallace so I sure as hell hope McCarthy is right that a full week of practice will help.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20
Rookie

PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I agree. There were just a handful of throws that he really needed to make. Two that stand out are the fade in the endzone (awful placement) and the short cross he threw behind Jordy (was third down I believe). When he did complete a pass it appeared to take everything he had to get it there on time.

It sounds like they are going to stick to their guns and ride Wallace so I sure as hell hope McCarthy is right that a full week of practice will help.
Having never seen Wallace play before, I was surprised at his lack of arm strength. There was no zip on the ball whatsoever, and he didn't make any plays that made me think he deserves to be a QB in the NFL.

I will say this - the play-calling after Rodgers went down was awful. Why have a QB fresh off the bench take a 7-step drop on play-action? Why have him try to throw a deep hitch across the field? Why not get him on the move like they do with Rodgers? Why not call a bunch of quick passes or WR screens? They did not do Wallace any favors - I expect him to be below average next week after all the practice snaps, which would be a great upgrade from awful.
PackerFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers on his radio show just now confirmed he has a broken collarbone....and his quotes don't sound good. He even used "significant injury" when talking about it and wouldn't give a specific timetable. Just said he's hoping he can heal fast

this team is sunk if he is out more than the 3-4 week timetable. So damn frustrating. From SB contenders to missing the playoffs at this rate
Old 11-05-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect December 8th to be the soonest we see him. If Seneca/Tolzien can get us one win, then we'll still be in a position to get to the playoffs.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

After seeing Wallace playing last night I think we gotta give aTolizen a shot I mean he cant be ne worse can he?
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
After seeing Wallace playing last night I think we gotta give aTolizen a shot I mean he cant be ne worse can he?
He could be worse.
Quote:
I expect December 8th to be the soonest we see him. If Seneca/Tolzien can get us one win, then we'll still be in a position to get to the playoffs.
December 15th here in Dallas please as I am in a suite for that game.
At least by then, but realistically, that's the soonest I would expect him.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Sherrod activated

Finley & Barrington to IR
Old 11-05-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

MM being his usual self today. Said the Rodgers injury will be taken "week to week"

though he did say he was relieved and that he got good information today regarding the injury. Confident that it's not season ending. Of course, now the issue is will the packers season even be alive by the time Rodgers returns
Old 11-05-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers D really ******* needs to step up these next three weeks. All 3 games are very winnable. Also, MM needs to run the ball 60% of the time and get Seneca in third and short situations.

This team needs Clay or Perry to play this week.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never thought I'd see Sherrod again out there. Very happy to be wrong, I think.

J-Mike, will we see him again ever?

I don't think we stand a chance at the Giants. But we need, can, to win the Philly and Viking games around them, and be 7-4 heading into Detroit.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

We still might not see Sherrod "out there" for a while. McCarthy said he needs "padded work", but if he is in on the active roster they must feel he could play if necessary. I think it will depend on how long Lang is out with his concussion and how Newhouse plays at RT.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To no surprise, the timetable for Rodgers' injury is more like 4-6 weeks.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To no surprise, the timetable for Rodgers' injury is more like 4-6 weeks.
I hope they give Rodgers all the time he needs to be 100% healthy. Making the playoffs is useless if Rodgers gets reinjured in the process and can't play. If we go 1-4 in these next five weeks, I would much rather have Rodgers sit the season, draft Anthony Barr, and be ready to light the world on fire next year with a healthy and dynamic offense and pass rush instead of throwing him back in there and seeing something terrible happen just to finish 8-8.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I thought this team could really make a run this season, but I don't want him to come back too soon. Remember Charles Rogers and his constant collarbone injuries?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Barr? 5 wins is already enough to stop us from getting him.

If we can sneak into the playoffs and get Rodgers, Cobb and Matthews back, anything can happen. There isn't much difference between a mid first round pick to a pick in the 20s, anyway. Although yes, it's important we don't rush him back.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see us making the playoffs if Rodgers is out more than 4 weeks. If he's out four and we win 1 game in there, we still have a shot.

I'm scared of the Eagles this week. That defense is terrible but look what they just did to the Raiders. Is our defense better than the Raiders defense if we don't have Perry and Matthews? If Matthews is out there with a club, will he be effective?

I could see this quickly spiraling into a 44-17 sort of game for the Eagles.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Only way to win is to dominate TOP with Lacy and Starks. They can't score when they aren't on the field.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Mulumba looking in the absence of Clay and Perry ? Haven't got the chance to watch him play so far this season

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
How is Mulumba looking in the absence of Clay and Perry ? Haven't got the chance to watch him play so far this season
Inexperienced but until Monday night the defense had been doing well without Clay and Perry so he must have been doing something right. I don't know that he really stood out honestly, but being so raw and not being a complete liability at this stage is promising I think.

He also left the Chicago game with an ankle injury, so there's that.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy to see him doing kind of well. Hope he can grow into a good player for you guys.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 11-06-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been rotating with Nate Palmer, I believe, and he started a couple of games. I'd have to go back and watch the games again, but it seems like he's decent against the run.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

He was an awesome OLB in CEGEP which is what we have before College. Played against this guy and he only began playing football at 15 years old which is why he is so raw. I think he can develop into a nice little player for you guys.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 11-06-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
I'm happy to see him doing kind of well. Hope he can grow into a good player for you guys.
We hope so too. Really need depth at OLB.