Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
yeah, they worked out Skelton too, and I'm guessing chose Flynn just cause of his knowledge of the offense. He never had a cannon, but in the preseason and his one start this year, his arm strength looked gone. Maybe it was just arm fatigue and is better by now, but he's definitely Tolzien's backup. No where near the guy he was 2 years ago.
He passed physicals with the Raiders, with the Bills, and now with us. There can't be any arm injury.

And fatigue?

Stafford threw like 800 passes one season. Brees throws 700....50 a game.

Flynn has not thrown that many passes to get 'fatigued".
Wilson beat him out last year so he threw all the passes in games, plus the majority of them in practice.

Same story this year early, in Oakland.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it is arm fatigue just from throwing too many passes. More likely tendinitis which I guess would result in fatigue quicker than someone without.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
He passed physicals with the Raiders, with the Bills, and now with us. There can't be any arm injury.

And fatigue?

Stafford threw like 800 passes one season. Brees throws 700....50 a game.

Flynn has not thrown that many passes to get 'fatigued".
Wilson beat him out last year so he threw all the passes in games, plus the majority of them in practice.

Same story this year early, in Oakland.
Arm fatigue was reported like a week into camp and he sat out a few preseason weeks because of it. They throw other than just in the football game and every guy is different so who knows. Kinda like how some pitchers can throw 200 innings and be fine and other's elbows explode. Can't compare it to Brees/Stafford; unique situation.

Maybe it was something else, but he had no arm strength when he started for the Raiders. Maybe he's just declining at an earlier age than most, but his arm is not close to what it was a few years ago from what I've seen recently. Hope I'm wrong, but that's what I've seen. I'm fine with him as a backup to Tolzien, but don't want him starting barring another injury.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this pace, who will be Flynn's backup next week vs the Vikings?

A) B.J. Coleman
B) Vince Young
C) John Skelton
D) Graham Harrell
E) Mark Brunell
Old 11-12-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Wasn't JC Tretter eligible to come back?
I can't believe his injury IN PRACTICE was a 6-month injury.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In other injury news, DE Mike Neal (abdomen) is “beat up,” according to McCarthy, and may not practice all week.
Probably pulled something when McCoy left him grasping for air.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MM said Hayward will be out "multiple weeks" after re-aggravating his hamstring injury

might as well just shut him down for the year. He's missed the entire season with this and when he did return he didn't look right.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
MM said Hayward will be out "multiple weeks" after re-aggravating his hamstring injury

might as well just shut him down for the year. He's missed the entire season with this and when he did return he didn't look right.
Our secondary situation is rough. Tramon is terrible, Hayward is out, House has not been very good the last couple weeks, Morgan Burnett hasn't done much outside of his return game against Detroit and the safety situation next to him is horrendous. To make matters worse, our pass rush has been shaky.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
dokhogg
Rookie

dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Our secondary situation is rough. Tramon is terrible, Hayward is out, House has not been very good the last couple weeks, Morgan Burnett hasn't done much outside of his return game against Detroit and the safety situation next to him is horrendous. To make matters worse, our pass rush has been shaky.
Like the Marcus Williams sig. I am an NDSU season ticket holder and I like Marcus, but I have a feeling he is going to be not much more than a practice squad guy in the NFL, gets beat too much and tackles about as bad as most d-backs most of the time.
dokhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokhogg View Post
Like the Marcus Williams sig. I am an NDSU season ticket holder and I like Marcus, but I have a feeling he is going to be not much more than a practice squad guy in the NFL, gets beat too much and tackles about as bad as most d-backs most of the time.
Thoughts on Billy Turner???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Our secondary situation is rough. Tramon is terrible, Hayward is out, House has not been very good the last couple weeks, Morgan Burnett hasn't done much outside of his return game against Detroit and the safety situation next to him is horrendous.
But those guys have one thing Ed Reed doesn't have: youth
Old 11-15-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

@AndreaKremer Finley is up & walking, plans to return to GB today. He hopes to start light workouts in a few weeks, anticipating 3-4 month recovery
Old 11-17-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
dokhogg
Rookie

dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dokhogg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like his potential for the NFL better....has NFL stock in his family.

Marcus is left on an island a lot, and it seems to me he does not come up ahead in the deal too often. He is great at the FCS level...not sure about the NFL though.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I am being totally optimistic now...since the Lions suck and so do the Bears (but they are ******* lucky).

But, if Tolzien plays like he did today, we will beat the Vikings. So, we beat the Vikings, get Arod back for the lions, beat the Lions. We are now 7-5, and "Controlling our destiny"....

Really need to get Perry and Shields back though against the Lions.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:51 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
So, I am being totally optimistic now...
Really need to get Perry and Shields back though against the Lions.
Perry looks strong, but that guy's the most fragile player we've had since.... Mike Neal's first 2 years? Or since Justine Harrell.

Also, none of our safeties are playmakers back there. I miss Collins. I miss Woodson.
What is Morgan Burnett?
Old 11-18-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These next two games will decide our season. If we drop the Vikings game we still, technically, have a shot but it will leave us with 10-6 as a best case and 2 division losses meaning we'd likely have to get to the 3rd or 4th tiebreaker which we currently trail both the Bears and Lions by.

Obviously the key is stopping AD and pressuring Ponder. If we do those two things, and avoid dumb turnovers, we'll win. We NEED our defense to step up in this one. It's hard to fault them for holding the Giants to 20 points with effectively 3 turnovers but we need to hold the Vikings to 10 or 13 to win.

I fully expected us to lose to the Eagles and Giants, but this is the one I thought we should be able to take. If our guys can't step up that shows me we weren't built for a super bowl run this year anyway.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
These next two games will decide our season. If we drop the Vikings game we still, technically, have a shot but it will leave us with 10-6 as a best case and 2 division losses meaning we'd likely have to get to the 3rd or 4th tiebreaker which we currently trail both the Bears and Lions by.

Obviously the key is stopping AD and pressuring Ponder. If we do those two things, and avoid dumb turnovers, we'll win. We NEED our defense to step up in this one. It's hard to fault them for holding the Giants to 20 points with effectively 3 turnovers but we need to hold the Vikings to 10 or 13 to win.

I fully expected us to lose to the Eagles and Giants, but this is the one I thought we should be able to take. If our guys can't step up that shows me we weren't built for a super bowl run this year anyway.
Well we may have caught a break because AP was supposedly hampered by a groin injury this week. He's expected to rest this week and play Sunday, but won't be 100%.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
dokhogg
Rookie

Quote:
Definately can see Billy making into the NFL, will be a little raw compared to many just because of having a little less skilled competition, but he has the physical attributes thats for sure.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Thompson/McCarthy Backup-QB Experiment to Blame

I wrote this, and you might disagree with some of it, but there's no way we'd have lost all 3 games with any of those other off-season options. Yes, including the last guy mentioned.
Replying to this here just because I don't really think it's 2014 Draft related.

You could be right that Hasselbeck, Moore, Cassell, and Campbell might have won one of the last 3 games, but it's easy to criticize after the fact because hindsight is always 20/20. You also have to remember the salaries of those guys are $5 million, $2.5 million, $1.65 million, and $1.5 million, respectively, compared to Wallace making $840k. Also, Moore, Cassell, and Campbell all likely signed with the hope that they would be competing for a starting job at some point. That opportunity clearly doesn't exist in GB.

In regards to Tebow, I would pass. Could he have won a game or two during this stretch? Maybe, but put yourself in the GM's shoes AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON. You have to ask yourself what the likely responsibilities of the backup QB are going to be. I would much rather have a backup QB that can run the current offense at 50% capacity at a moment's notice rather than Tebow who can run an option offense well, but the Packer's offense at 20% capacity (which might be generous). Also keep in mind that he would be the primary opposition QB for our defense in practice. If you think the defense is bad now, I'd hate to see our pass D if Tebow was our only challenge for them on a daily basis.

That leaves Vince Young. Could he have done better than Seneca? Maybe, but the fact that he wasn't signed (or even worked out again to my knowledge) after Rodgers went down is a sign to me that he wasn't performing as well as a lot of us thought during the preseason. We can all agree or disagree with their evaluation, but I tend to trust the coaches who see him a lot more than we do.

My only complaint (which I've had from even before A-Rod went down) was that if Seneca Wallace was the guy they wanted, they should have made that decision earlier so that he could actually get some reps in the preseason.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ponder starting this Sunday....your defense should be looking much better.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allow me to ignore any article that echoes the claim that Tebow is a "solid" starting quarterback.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Ponder starting this Sunday....your defense should be looking much better.
Dang I wanted Freemanzzz.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a question.

If they were to clear Rodgers for the Thanksgiving game with, say, a 50% chance he'd break his collarbone worse and be out with recovery for 4-5 months or he could wait a week and have a 10% chance, which would you prefer?

I feel like Rodgers would take the 50% and so would I. I also think that is the scenario approaching us.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Here's a question.

If they were to clear Rodgers for the Thanksgiving game with, say, a 50% chance he'd break his collarbone worse and be out with recovery for 4-5 months or he could wait a week and have a 10% chance, which would you prefer?

I feel like Rodgers would take the 50% and so would I. I also think that is the scenario approaching us.
Good question.

I hold him out. I don't want that collar bone to turn into Charles Rogers, and re-break time and time again.

Also, if Tolzein is as good as MM and TT tell us he is, we should be able to win with him.

I'm usually about winning now, because like the Washington Senators learned 2 seasons ago, you don't always get chances.... try and take them when you get them.
But when it comes to Rodgers health, I don't want to risk him. He's the franchise.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

What if we lose to the Vikings Sunday, for our 3rd straight home loss and 4th straight loss overall?

Would you punt on the season and IR Rodgers?