Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, dead in the water to having a chance to win it and they still couldn't

2 times they were inside the 15 at the end there and had to settle for FG's. Red zone offense has been an issue all year, even with Rodgers, and it bit them again today

tie doesn't really help them much because they absolutely have to win out now to have a chance. In order to win out, they'll need Rodgers to definitely play on Thursday and I'm not quite sure he will
Old 11-24-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How will this overtime game negatively impact us with a short week approaching?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...whelp, at the very very least our Backup QB situation is all but solidified in the future once Rodgers comes back.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
...whelp, at the very very least our Backup QB situation is all but solidified in the future once Rodgers comes back.
Yeah, Flynn has even made all his money already! Pederson time!
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always thought it would be ideal if he came back as the long-term backup.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn is back home where he belongs.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the negativity on this forum is unbelievable. Jmike88 you get so worked up, your blood pressure must be terrible. In the last 5 posts your said the packers suck but then said matt flynn didnt play good with the raiders and bills because they suck....think before you speak because it just makes you look dumb coming on here and spazzing like a 10yr old
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
How will this overtime game negatively impact us with a short week approaching?
Probably not well. I'm not sure it matters if Rodgers plays as poorly as this defense is playing. The run defense should not fall apart when a guy who has been out of football for several years is out with an injury.
TimmG6376 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was quite the interesting game to watch.

My thoughts:

1) MM shoulda been benched and ARod should have called the plays.

2) It is a nice story about Flynn and all, but I 100% do not buy the fact that it was Tolzien's fault. I absolutely do not understand MM's play-calling. He is playing Tolzien like it is Arod out there. Where are the quick passes?

3) Is it just me, or did the defense play much better when Lattimore was the starter?

4) Eddie Lacy is a beast, but I also think they need to get Starks in there to mix it up just a little.

5) I am so sick of the advantage an offense has compared to the defense. I am ticked off about that Burnett penalty. You should be allowed to challenge a penalty, because 15 yards is absolutely ridiculous for something like that.

6) If not for the holding call on Jordy, which was a god awful call, would we really be singing the praises of Flynn?

7) The fact that it took Flynn going in the game to "kick-start" our team saddens me.

8) Boykin has really stepped up this year; his hands are like glue.

9) With how crappy this season has gone, we are still "in control of our destiny"
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns View Post
the negativity on this forum is unbelievable. Jmike88 you get so worked up, your blood pressure must be terrible. In the last 5 posts your said the packers suck but then said matt flynn didnt play good with the raiders and bills because they suck....think before you speak because it just makes you look dumb coming on here and spazzing like a 10yr old
My 10-year old doesn't care or know what's going on like I do.

I do get worked up because a season is a long thing.
I hated seeing a whole season go down the drain, on account of this BS QB-experiment they had.... all the while that Matt Flynn was practically gifted to us weeks before Rodgers even got hurt.

Raiders letting him go was a gift to us, but Ted and Mike are stubborn as hell and refused to take back someone who they saw with their own eyes before could run this system, less than 2 years ago!
That's ASSENINE as well as stubborn.

Most Packer fans wanted him back when he became available.
But a few ate the company line saying if those teams released him he must be injured..... or lost it.

That stubbornness cost us 4 weeks, who knows how many wins.

Yep, I'm mad about that.
Also mad at the sieve of our defense.
And always mad that we get more key injuries than anyone.
I mean name another superstar QB.

Brees
Manning
Brady
Newton
Luck
Stafford

How many games missed for any of them this year?
None combined.

Cobb and Finley are big time weapons.

I'm always mad, and am currently wearing my Super Bowl Nick Collins jersey, which makes me maddest of all. He didn't deserve a neck injury.
Punk th*g safeties like Matt Elam and Louis Delmas and DJ Swearinger and Brandon Meriweather do though with their head-hunting, ACL-hunting leading helmets.
Why Nick?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Well that was quite the interesting game to watch.

My thoughts:

1) MM shoulda been benched and ARod should have called the plays.

2) It is a nice story about Flynn and all, but I 100% do not buy the fact that it was Tolzien's fault. I absolutely do not understand MM's play-calling. He is playing Tolzien like it is Arod out there. Where are the quick passes?
Exactly this. Really, really not impressed with MM's playcalling. He's not really accommodating to the changes at the QB position and just calling the plays as if Rodgers is still in there and it's driving me crazy. What I dont' get is he dialed up a brilliant game plan for Flynn when he faced the Patriots a few years back

with how much the VIkes were bringing the house today it baffles me why we didn't see a screen or 2. Would have gone for a big gain with Lacy
Old 11-24-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Exactly this. Really, really not impressed with MM's playcalling. He's not really accommodating to the changes at the QB position and just calling the plays as if Rodgers is still in there and it's driving me crazy. What I dont' get is he dialed up a brilliant game plan for Flynn when he faced the Patriots a few years back

with how much the VIkes were bringing the house today it baffles me why we didn't see a screen or 2. Would have gone for a big gain with Lacy
Yup...

On a positive note, it was nice to see Jerel Worthy out there. I saw his quickness. It would be / will be nice to have the Packers rush 5 with Worthy, Daniels, Datone, Neal, and Matthews.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:09 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm not one who always defends the coach, GM. In fact, sometimes I'm accused of being on the other side, one who always rips them.

Truth is, I am somewhere in the middle, and see things unbiasedly I believe.

Regarding this "different playcalling" thing regards to Tolzein and Flynn:

Here's the thing I think some of you are missing, and it's very important.
The coach can call the play, or two of them.

It is up to the QB to A) Diagnose the defense properly and B) Execute the play properly.
Some fans think it's all about B) but they have no idea how much goes into the A) part. That schit takes time. It takes experience. It's why QBs have to study film time after time after time, but also it comes more with more playing time obviously. There are multiple options and moving pieces.

Matt Flynn, even though he only started 2 games for us, they were big games really.
And all those years with Rodgers and McCarthy here, all those weeks, he was in the film room and seeing how defenses move, scheme, etc.

There was no significant difference in the playcalls for Tolzein yesterday as there were for Flynn.
The difference was the diagnosing of the defenses, and then the execution. I agree Tolzein has "a stronger arm". But Flynn reads the defense and analyzes the options so much better, that's what makes the difference.
If we could combine Scott's arm strength and foot speed, with what Flynn sees out there, we'd be in good shape.

But it doesn't work that way.
You need the guy who knows WTF is going on out there.

We don't have time to wait for Tolzein to possibly figure it out. We're losing games in the mean time.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

MM said in his presser today that Rodgers had a "slim to none" chance of playing Thursday

Also didn't commit to Flynn as the starter, but you assume he's gonna get the nod

Last edited by BloodBrother : 11-25-2013 at 03:44 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
MM said in his presser today that Rodgers had a "slim to none" chance of playing Thursday

Also didn't commit to Flynn as the starter, but you assume he's gonna get the nod
Maybe Flynn will throw 6 tds again vs the Lions.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're getting very close to the point where I think it's best to just shut Rodgers down for the year. I think you start Flynn and hope he catches lightning in a bottle yet again, and if he doesn't, you throw in the towel. I'd rather not have Rodgers playing in meaningless games when he's coming off of a collarbone injury.

I know it's taboo to suggest tanking, but it would be almost impossible to make the playoffs with a record of 5-6-1.

On the other hand, I decided that Depressed Cheesehead Marshall was going to be my sig until Rodgers returned, and I really don't want to keep it until next September! Plus, Rodgers is on my fantasy team and I need him. :(

Last edited by WCH : 11-26-2013 at 11:13 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
We're getting very close to the point where I think it's best to just shut Rodgers down for the year. I think you start Flynn and hope he catches lightning in a bottle yet again, and if he doesn't, you throw in the towel. I'd rather not have Rodgers playing in meaningless games when he's coming off of a collarbone injury.

I know it's taboo to suggest tanking, but it would be almost impossible to make the playoffs with a record of 5-6-1.

On the other hand, I decided that Depressed Cheesehead Marshall was going to be my sig until Rodgers returned, and I really don't want to keep it until next September! Plus, Rodgers is on my fantasy team and I need him. :(
It is very unlikely we'd make the playoffs with that record, but our December schedule is easier than we perceived at the beginning of the season and the Bears and Lions did just lose to teams who most people thought they would/should beat.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

If we beat the Lions, it's like this:

Packers 6-5-1
Bears 6-5
Lions 6-6

Da Bearz are at the Vikings.
You just never know there.
If that crowd makes some noise, if Jared Allen, Adrian Peterson, Greg Jennings all play, who knows.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
jack1077
Rookie

jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

17-10 to the lions when i write this and really the game should be over. How are they still even in with a chance here? If they lose this game, i can't really see them getting to the playoffs unless they win out, even then they will be one and done unless the D improves exponentially.

It's time to completely revamp this defense. The secondary is terrible, the ILB
s are slow and non-dynamic and the defensive line is as soft as a warm camembert.

I miss Nick Collins so much, he made everyone else better, that injury was horribly unfair.

This season has been one to make you pull your hair out, that's for damn sure. The playcalling from MM has been predictable and is the main reason the 2nd string qbs have struggled. Pretty hard to win when you're constantly in 3rd and long situations after 2 'run up the gut with lacy' plays to start the drive.

Eric Cartman, not only an ignorant child on south park.
jack1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1077 View Post
Pretty hard to win when you're constantly in 3rd and long situations after 2 'run up the gut with lacy' plays to start the drive.
Well there you go with the first "drive" of the 2nd half. Pass on first down for a *near miss* interception, pass on second down for a sack.

I know we don't have a lot of other options, but Flynn is not looking good.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
jack1077
Rookie

jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Well there you go with the first "drive" of the 2nd half. Pass on first down for a *near miss* interception, pass on second down for a sack.

I know we don't have a lot of other options, but Flynn is not looking good.
Maybe a try a screen? Maybe a delay handoff? Literally anything that isn't the same ******** everytime.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This might be the worst Packer game I've ever watched.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
jack1077
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
This might be the worst Packer game I've ever watched.
Close to it. Pathetic. *smh*

Old 11-28-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is depressing.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
jack1077
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
This is depressing.
Could be worse. We could be Lions fans.