Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Neal is still playing at around 285 which is huge for an OLB. I'd like to see him drop a little more weight and see how he looks at 275 or so. That is still a big for an OLB but there are others at that size. I don’t know of any others at 280+.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this says it all

Quote:
Zach Kruse ‏@zachkruse2 22m

When throwing at Morgan Burnett and M.D. Jennings this season, opposing QBs have 7 TDs, 0 INTs and a passer rating of 144.1.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ I am still willing to hold off judgment on Burnett. He was oh-so-close on having a deflection on the first touchdown. The 2nd one to Gonzalez was a typical play for our defense this year; not playing within the scheme and looking to make a play.

I am so relieved we are playing Richardson more as MD Jennings is not athletic enough, and he isn't smart enough to overcome the lack of athleticism.

Good listing here on offseason free agents: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/223718881.html

With respect to the offseason moves, I personally want to see Pickett and Jolly back and let Raji walk. I know Pickett is up there in age, but his presence in the locker room is unmatched. He is a guy everyone talks about as a leader. Also, the DL feeds off of Jolly, and he could be had for a small $ amount contract.

James Jones, Sam Shields, Mike Neal are all guys that I would like to see back, but I think the market will determine if they are back. I think Neal has the best shot at coming back, but again, a team like the Colts could significantly overpay (See Erik Walden). Shields has Rosenhaus as his agent, not sure if that matters, but most likely he is looking for the big contract.

I gotta think that Quarless will be brought back. He isn't perfect, but he is more of a traditional TE that can block and catch. I am also liking what i see out of Bostick, he is a very nice change of pace, but he needs to improve his blocking - you can't just have him come out on pass plays as it is too predictable.

Do you guys think EDS is our solution at C?

Do you guys see Kuhn coming back?
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers will have more workouts tomorrow and get another evaluation on Wed. Still hasn't been cleared yet and they are(right now) preparing to play Dallas with Flynn at QB

MM honestly didn't really sound too confident during his presser regarding Rodgers and his chances of playing Sunday IMO
Old 12-09-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Rodgers will have more workouts tomorrow and get another evaluation on Wed. Still hasn't been cleared yet and they are(right now) preparing to play Dallas with Flynn at QB

MM honestly didn't really sound too confident during his presser regarding Rodgers and his chances of playing Sunday IMO
I sensed that too.... and I almost sense, as I have previous weeks, that the team is almost resigned to the fact that Rodgers is done for the season, at least regular season.

They tend, as we all know, to err on the side of caution.

With a collarbone, it can re-occur. We've seen that.

And with a QB, who gets sacked a lot, it can re-break any play.
They can't risk the future and they don't risk the future ever.

So I am sad to say I expect to see Matt Flynn take the field Sunday.

And that's ironic for me because the last Packer game (except Super Bowl) I went to was the Packers at Dallas in 2007, when both teams were 10-1.
That game Favre sucked, as always in Dallas, and he exited after 2 ints and a banged elbow, with us down 27-10.

Enter the Rodgers Era that night.
We saw first hand that he was ready.
He almost brought us back for the win.
Just needed one final defensive stop, but just like this year so often, that stop didn't come.

Now 6 seasons later back against Dallas here, sucks with irony that it won't be Rodgers.

I am a Flynn supporter, but I cannot see him beating Dallas.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did not hear the tone of McCarthy's presser, so perhaps I missed him pouting and speaking in grave tones, but I thought the words sounded pretty good.

If the medical staff is going to watch him go through a workout tomorrow, that must mean the scan is either inconclusive or close enough they're considering passing him and the hurdle is making sure he can get through what he needs to get through without pain. Considering that he's been throwing for two weeks now, and put on pads last week, he has to be close. If he wasn't close, the doctors wouldn't let him do those things because they can very seriously slow down the healing of an injury like that. I absolutely guarantee you if Rodgers wasn't coming back this year, he wouldn't be putting on pads. 100% take it to the bank, no Packers doctor would clear that activity unless they felt healing was progressing at a good rate. Also, numerous, reputable sources have said the Packers have had zero discussions about shutting Rodgers down. Some reporters have written articles based solely on their own opinions that have made it sound like they have, but every legitimate source I've seen has said that option has never been on the table.

I also thought it was a positive that Clements said they could easily get Rodgers ready if he was cleared mid-week. Switching from Flynn to Rodgers wouldn't be an issue.

We'll see on Wednesday but I also guarantee if the hurdle remaining is Rodgers going through a rigorous workout and seeing how the pain is.. he's going to play. All we can do is cross our fingers and wait.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see this badly, this week sometime.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another waiting week
Cobb could potentially be a go. At least one packers source says they expect rodgers to be a go; big change from the weeks past when sources were all doubtful.

I would give us a 60% chance to win with Flynn this week. 99.9% chance to win with Rodgers. For whatever reason, Rodgers has the steelers D down and you know the energy would be insane on the team and from the fans.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 12-16-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Another waiting week
Cobb could potentially be a go. At least one packers source says they expect rodgers to be a go; big change from the weeks past when sources were all doubtful.

I would give us a 60% chance to win with Flynn this week. 99.9% chance to win with Rodgers. For whatever reason, Rodgers has the steelers D down and you know the energy would be insane on the team and from the fans.
Wow really? Last I heard he had just started running again. That would be huge.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Wow really? Last I heard he had just started running again. That would be huge.
Yup, sounds like his progress took a huge jump last week. He was taking passes in warmup on Sunday at full speed and making all the necessary cuts. McCarthy said he had a very good practice.

Do I expect him to play? No. Definitely not in any significant fashion. But he's getting close!

Old 12-16-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the Packers Live show on NBC tonight, and on Eddie Lacy's 60 yard run, it was beautiful. Everyone knew exactly what they were supposed to do, and John Kuhn had the block that sprung the long gain. Kuhn and TJ Lang combo'd on an LB, and Kuhn had the wherewithal to disengage the LB and do a diving cut block on the safety. If not for the diving cut block, what was a 60 yard gain, may have only gone for 10 yards. Absolutely phenomenal jobs by Sitton and EDS as well.

My blood was pumping at the end of that game. That was a game for the ages.

Packer Nation will be rooting for the Ravens tonight!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a dumb ******* penalty

EDIT: Wrong thread
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Ravens win. Rodgers healthy? The race for the NFCN is officially on!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Ravens win. Rodgers healthy? The race for the NFCN is officially on!
Holy ****!!! What an end to a game!!!!

Get Arod back this week, get Cobb practicing this week, watch out NFL. The Packers might only have 2 losses (maybe 3 - Lions) if Arod was healthy. Now we get Cobb back for the playoffs (maybe even against the Bears), it could be 2010 all over again.

Play the Eagles round 1...

Alright, I am definitely optimistic, but one week at a time. The Steelers will be tough. One game at a time!!! Freaking pumped though....
Old 12-16-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Still not in the clear yet. Until we find out that Rodgers IS cleared...I'm not tryin to get too excited

but goddamn it's hard not to be. Hard to believe this team controls its own destiny this late in the year while not having Rodgers for the past 7 games(I count the Bears game since he was done after the first series)
Old 12-16-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Holy ****!!! What an end to a game!!!!

Get Arod back this week, get Cobb practicing this week, watch out NFL. The Packers might only have 2 losses (maybe 3 - Lions) if Arod was healthy. Now we get Cobb back for the playoffs (maybe even against the Bears), it could be 2010 all over again.

Play the Eagles round 1...

Alright, I am definitely optimistic, but one week at a time. The Steelers will be tough. One game at a time!!! Freaking pumped though....
Actually, no scenario allows us to play the Eagles in the first round. Either the NFC West or NFC south runner up. Currently would be the south runner up, but lots of scenarios where it could be the west #2.

Semantics aside, wow. This is crazy. We have to win our last 2 but if we do, we're in. There is a scenario where we could lose the steelers game and make it but let's not go there.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:52 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Actually, no scenario allows us to play the Eagles in the first round. Either the NFC West or NFC south runner up. Currently would be the south runner up, but lots of scenarios where it could be the west #2.
At least WE NOW CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY.
That's better than in 2010 because we needed the crappy-then Lions to beat the then-10-5 Bucs in Tampa, for us to even squeak in.

Who would you rather play in the WC round if we get in?
The options will be:

Saints or Panthers or 49ers

The game will be in Green Bay
Old 12-17-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

IF we get in I'd probably want Saints in Green Bay.

Saints on the road < both of those other teams.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

if they get in they'll have a tough matchup either way. This team is heavily flawed....mainly on defense though. If Rodgers returns, the offense becomes a beast again. Should help them be able to keep pace with teams, but this D can't do anything well. Just gotta get in though and hope they get hot and force some turnovers and ****

2008 Cards D wasnt good, 2011 Giants D wasn't good, 2006 Colts D wasn't good.

maybe the Pack can pull off a Giants like run out of nowhere
Old 12-17-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Steelers placed Lamarr Woodley on IR today
Old 12-18-2013, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

How insane would it be if Cobb and Rodgers both suited up for Pittsburgh? Wow!
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Rodgers still not medically cleared but they'll take the week to determine his status. Similar pattern to last week
Old 12-18-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Rodgers still not medically cleared but they'll take the week to determine his status. Similar pattern to last week
Bummer. Early optimism has disappeared and I doubt he plays this week. Seems like they're sticking to the 8 weeks minimum I've heard thrown around.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

No way will Rodgers play this week. Cross that dream off.
Cobb, I'd put him at 25/75.

I don't mind no Woodley TBH.

Pittsburgh still has some dangerous players in Antonio Bryant and Troy Polamalu.
Big Ben is a gamer.

The interesting battle will be Le'Veon Bell vs Eddie Lacy.

I want the #1 game storyline postgame to be the national and Pittsburgh media hammering Tomlin for picking Bell over Lacy.
They already have questioned him.

I hope for 18-130 and 2 TD's for Lacy, and about 15-53-0 for Bell.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yep. Sounds like the same old song and dance as last week

not expecting him to play. Sucks because the division is there for the taking.