Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
No, I don't think the bone is healthy. Which is why I'm confused why he's been wearing pads and throwing for three weeks. That won't speed a broken bone healing; bones heal strictly with time. So why has he been allowed to hinder his healing?

That's what I don't get. It seems like they couldn't decide whether to treat it aggressively or conservatively. Maybe he experienced a setback we didn't hear about?
Probably the bone is close to being healed. The only damage that can occur to it at this point is another hit by an opponent onto the shoulder.

Throwing is no problem.

He will take big hits again the first time he's out there, and it has to be 100% healed to absorb that.
That's something that can and will re-break if not 100% fully healed.

As frustrating as it is, you have HAVE to try and make sure it's as good as new when he comes back..... even thought that means waiting longer than we want, and potentially missing the playoffs because of it.
Which sucks.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) remains at "extraordinary risk" of further injury should he play in a football game.
Per Mort, there was "no real" organizational decision regarding ruling Rodgers out for Week 16, as coach Mike McCarthy claimed, because Rodgers is simply not healthy enough to play football at this point in time. ESPN's Bob Holtzman added on SportsCenter that Rodgers received "far fewer" practice reps this week than last week, and his Packers teammates knew Rodgers wouldn't face the Steelers early in the week. It sheds doubt on whether Rodgers has a chance to play in Week 17 should Green Bay defeat Pittsburgh, and perhaps even makes Rodgers' would-be playoffs availability murky. Matt Flynn remains the Packers' starting quarterback indefinitely.
If this reporting is accurate...Rodger's season is done. It sucks with them having a shot at the playoffs but if he's still at "extraordinary risk" to get re-injured then they have no choice but to hold out their franchise player
Old 12-22-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also if Rex Ryan is accurate in that he'll be fired, Pack need to get involved with that in a heartbeat
Old 12-22-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite the loss, looking very possible we still control our destiny. Lions lost and Eagles ripping the Bears apart. Still early but Eagles look unstoppable against the Bears D and Bears O is sucking.

But also doesn't sound like Rodgers will go and we probably won't have Lacy or Clay.

Rex Ryan as our D coordinator. Wow. That would be amazing. Guy is goofy but he is one hell of a defensive coach.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Rodgers will not play
Clay will not play
Lacy is the wildcard. If they are gonna have any shot next week, they'll need Lacy. If he's out then ugh...would be fitting though for how this season has been
Old 12-22-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 5m

Yes. Sounds like Matthews sustained the same injury. Not good. RT @TimBruce: hey Rob. 52 updates??

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 4m

@RobDemovsky Re-broke it again? Surgery 2nd time is always harder.
That's not good.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well aren't you optimistic.

We need to hope that dr. Mac and cheese was holding strict to the 8 week timetable for collarbone injuries. If so, that 8 weeks hit today. So I say we either clear Rodgers on Tuesday or he won't play.

Lacy and Clay were both questionable and I didn't hear updates, so we'll see.

Philly looking good. Next game should matter.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Lacy said his ankle just "flared up". I expect him to play next week though he'll obviously be less than 100%

Clay is definitely done. Pack writers all saying it's a serious injury. I'd be shocked if his season isn't done

As far as Rodgers goes, the Mort info today didn't give much hope for Rodgers playing next week. If his scan this week showed he was still at "extraordinary risk" of re-injury, hard to see the scan next week changing so suddenly

Good news is that Cutler will be playing and that guy is always good for an INT or 2 vs the Pack
Old 12-22-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we have no Rodgers going forward, and we have no Matthews going forward, seriously, how far CAN we go?

Flynn's had some good moments, and some terrible moments.
But there's no way in hell we can compete in the playoffs missing both of our captains and best players.

What a bunch of schit.

And you guys wonder why I b!tch about phucking injuries all the time?
We get WAY MORE than our fair share always.

Pretty soon, I am going to tune out football and turn totally to the PGA Tour and ATP Tour. It's BS. Why can't San Fran and Seattle deal with what we deal with, especially SF.

Is it the PED's they all take that keep them healthier? Or pure luck?
Old 12-22-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I wanted Jerry Hughes so bad in 2010, and after the 2010 season, 2011 season, 2012 season.... why didn't Teddy scoop him up? He was a perfect NATURAL 3-4 OLB unlike Perry the Platypous who is out of position.

Dammit.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
As far as Rodgers goes, the Mort info today didn't give much hope for Rodgers playing next week. If his scan this week showed he was still at "extraordinary risk" of re-injury, hard to see the scan next week changing so suddenly

Good news is that Cutler will be playing and that guy is always good for an INT or 2 vs the Pack
Was there ever a scan this week or last? Everything I read indicated no. Last scan was December 3rd according to Rodgers himself. I wonder if they took a scan 3 weeks ago, saw it healing at the normal 8 week rate and saw no reason to scan him until the 8 week mark.

it makes sense. If you hadn't hit the 8 week minimum mark you set, you wouldn't be close to clearing him.

we'll see.

Wow.

Eagles win. We still control our destiny.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 12-22-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

This will certainly be an interesting last weekend of regular season football coming.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 29m

#Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Clay Matthews seemed to suffer a repeat injury. He did. Broken thumb again. Couldn’t cast & play last time
As expected, Clay re-broke his thumb. That should be the final nail in the coffin for his 2013 season.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sort of think that Thompson and the medical staff made the decision to shut Rodgers down, and I think it happened a few weeks ago. They just didn't want to burst AR's bubble by telling him that he wasn't coming back this season.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As expected, Clay re-broke his thumb. That should be the final nail in the coffin for his 2013 season.
We're nearing the injury prone label for Clay. Very sad.

I don't even know what to think of the Rodgers situation anymore. All I know is either he's cleared tomorrow or it won't happen.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

that seems counterproductive. Why withhold that and piss your franchise QB off, who has been working hard to be able to try and play again this year? I think it's really just simply hes' not ready to play. We never even got a legit timetable from the team and most stuff you read online regarding clavicle fracture's is that it can range anywhere from 6-10 weeks. Next week will now be Week 8 of his recovery...so by all accounts he's still within the timetable. The problem is that I think most media(rapoport, schefter, glazer, etc) were saying this was a 4-6 week injury, so fans clung to that timetable and are now pissed as to why he hasn't been cleared yet since we're now in week 8. Pack are always secretive with injuries and never like to reveal the extent of things too much unless it's a confirmed season ending injury...so that didn't help things regarding this.

In any case, they just saw Clay go down yesterday with the same injury he had earlier this year(broken thumb). Wonder if that will add as further incentive to keep Rodgers out. Just something to think about
Old 12-24-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Rodgers said he had a scan done in the past 24 hours and they'll have the announcement Thursday
Old 12-24-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Rodgers said he had a scan done in the past 24 hours and they'll have the announcement Thursday
So he'll be sitting.

It takes about 10 minutes to read a scan and do the necessary test to clear a ccollarbone. The doc had already made a decision; and if it was to play why not announce it today? You'd want to clear up the anxiety ASAP if you had good news; but no news is better than bad news.

Unfortunately, I think we'd have a shot in this game with Flynn if we had Clay. But without him I can't see it happening. With no.pass rush, those big wrs will wiggle their way into deep single coverage on our safeties.. and, yeah.

Then again, you could make an argument that the Bears D is no better than the Steelers and our offense did well against them.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off topic, I'm going to be flying to Chicago this week for the game (best buddy is a Bears fan) and I was wondering if any of you guys had any recommendations? Were staying close to the stadium right on the water, any good pubs or awesome places to eat around there? Any cool places to check out? This will be my first time seeing the Packers live and its for the division against the Bears... I couldn't have asked for more!!! thanks
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
So he'll be sitting.

It takes about 10 minutes to read a scan and do the necessary test to clear a ccollarbone. The doc had already made a decision; and if it was to play why not announce it today? You'd want to clear up the anxiety ASAP if you had good news; but no news is better than bad news.

Unfortunately, I think we'd have a shot in this game with Flynn if we had Clay. But without him I can't see it happening. With no.pass rush, those big wrs will wiggle their way into deep single coverage on our safeties.. and, yeah.

Then again, you could make an argument that the Bears D is no better than the Steelers and our offense did well against them.
I agree, for some reason, with you about the doc and Rodgers injury.
I think they, as an organization, have pretty much been set on him being done for the year.... they just didn't announce it because they wanted to keep the team from deflating and the fans from deflating.

I also think we have no chance in Chicago because missing Matthews and their tall WR's.

Sucks.

Really hope to be wrong.
On both counts.
Please be wrong........
Old 12-25-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns View Post
Off topic, I'm going to be flying to Chicago this week for the game (best buddy is a Bears fan) and I was wondering if any of you guys had any recommendations? Were staying close to the stadium right on the water, any good pubs or awesome places to eat around there? Any cool places to check out? This will be my first time seeing the Packers live and its for the division against the Bears... I couldn't have asked for more!!! thanks
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54946

Why ask about Chicago in a Packers forum.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns View Post
I would go The State and Lake Chicago Tavern...get the root beer beer and you will be feeling good for the rest of the night

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because nobody ever goes on the Bears Forum... I like the sounds of this root beer beer thing. Thanks!!
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

2014 Scheduled Opponents

Home:
Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, Atlanta, Carolina, New England, New York Jets, and an NFC East team (Dallas or Philly most likely) depending on where the Packers finish in the 2013 standings.

Away:
Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Miami, and an NFC West team (I wish Arizona, but will be at SF most likely, or at Seattle) depending on standings.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron to start Sunday

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote