Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Is Shockey on the trading block?

Is Shockey on the trading block?

"There is growing speculation the Giants may move Jeremy Shockey via trade during the offseason. League sources cited Eli Manning's improved play with Shockey out of the lineup and Kevin Boss's emergence during the playoffs as top reasons for the Giants potentially shopping their four-time Pro Bowl tight end."

I find it hard to believe but wanted to get your thoughts?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly will take him :)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Patriots16-0 Trade Prediction Machine:

Bengals get Jeremy Shockey
Giants get Bengals' 2nd and 5th rounders

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I really dont think Shockey is going anywhere he is under contract till 2010. And he is a better TE then BOSS. Boss did good but he still does not match what shockey can do. But if he does go somewhere I hope the Sainst pick him up..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont thick Shockey is going anywhere. He is still a big part of the team people in NY really like him

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest, it wouldn't be surprising if they did trade him this offseason.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see him being traded, but I'd be glad to have him here in Buffalo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill give you todd heap and a 5th rounder? pretty good value i think, heap might be a better reciever when healthy but i just love schockey and he is better overall i think. or you can have bart scott, he couild play SAM for you guys. i dunno, id like him on baltimore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

I like heap also but Shockey just has that attitude and fight.

Sick sig by Jackalope

Old 02-09-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see this happening. I know there's been a lot of buzz because we won the Super Bowl without him, but he's still apart of this team. I'll be the first to admit, there are times I don't like Shockey, but he is an asset to this team if he can keep can just keep quiet at times.

I wouldn't pull the trigger on trading him for a 2nd, unless it was an early 2nd, and even then I'm not sure. A top 5 TE is pretty valuable if you ask me. I think he's worth a late 1st rounder, but I could be putting too much value on him. Maybe a team with a young QB goes after him for a 1st. Titans perhaps? Vince Young and Jeremy Shockey would be a pretty sick combo. Though we'd probably have to give up another pick along with Shockey to get a 1st for him.

Just a thought, I suppose.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
Patriots16-0 Trade Prediction Machine:

Bengals get Jeremy Shockey
Giants get Bengals' 2nd and 5th rounders
The Bengals don't use the tight end in the offense other than to block. So negative.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
The Bengals don't use the tight end in the offense other than to block. So negative.
Considering Ocho Cinco is out the door, The Palmer brothers will need good targets.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I agree the Bengals need defense bad. I dont think Shockey would be to happy going there either.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-09-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I agree the Bengals need defense bad. I dont think Shockey would be to happy going there either.
I agree they need D and they dont use their TE at all.

Sick sig by Jackalope

Old 02-09-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Philly will take him :)
Placing the franchise tag on LJ Smith says they won't. My theory, Shockey is going home to Miami.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Placing the franchise tag on LJ Smith says they won't. My theory, Shockey is going home to Miami.
I can actually see that going through.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-09-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LJ will be gonezo next year. He sucks anyways. Can't catch or block.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
ill give you todd heap and a 5th rounder? pretty good value i think, heap might be a better reciever when healthy but i just love schockey and he is better overall i think. or you can have bart scott, he couild play SAM for you guys. i dunno, id like him on baltimore.
That doesn't really make any sense considering the reason they would shop Shockey is the "emerging play of Boss"
Old 02-09-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
That doesn't really make any sense considering the reason they would shop Shockey is the "emerging play of Boss"
do you really want kevin boss over todd heap? everyone knows the only reason they would trade schockey is because hes a cancer in the locker room (which i dont believe, but some people seem to). Kevin Boss has nothing to do with it, hes just an excuse. and Since when did having two capable TE's become a bad thing? last i checked, dual TE sets werent extinct. i wastn serious about my trade, because i know it wont ever happen. I was trying to portay accurate value for schockey.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
do you really want kevin boss over todd heap? everyone knows the only reason they would trade schockey is because hes a cancer in the locker room (which i dont believe, but some people seem to). Kevin Boss has nothing to do with it, hes just an excuse. and Since when did having two capable TE's become a bad thing? last i checked, dual TE sets werent extinct. i wastn serious about my trade, because i know it wont ever happen. I was trying to portay accurate value for schockey.
Do you actually believe this drivel you just typed? You are trying to fault the Giants for not wanting to acquire that walking injury Todd Heap because of the value of dual TE's when in fact thats what they possess with Shockey and Boss. Get a clue before you attempt to use logic.

The Giants will entertain the idea of trading Shockey but they won't trade him for another TE. That would just be ridiculous, especially with such a deep TE draft class coming out.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could actually see Miami, first pick in the 2nd round?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Do you actually believe this drivel you just typed? You are trying to fault the Giants for not wanting to acquire that walking injury Todd Heap because of the value of dual TE's when in fact thats what they possess with Shockey and Boss. Get a clue before you attempt to use logic.

The Giants will entertain the idea of trading Shockey but they won't trade him for another TE. That would just be ridiculous, especially with such a deep TE draft class coming out.
I'm not even going to respond to his post. You did a good job here.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:

i wasnt trying to fault the giants for not wanting todd heap: when i suggested todd heap and a 5th for shockey, it wasnt cause i thought it would ever happen, its because i was tring to illustrate his value and position in the overall TE rankings.

The other poster suggested that the only reason the giants were entertaining the idea of trading shockey was because of Kevin Boss, whiich is ludacris and thats wat i was trying to illustrate with my other post. It wasnt about todd heap, it was about if the giants trade shockey, it wont be because of kevin boss. It will be because of all the locker room drama he causes. Then my point about the dual TE set was that if they really were trading shockey because of boss, then when did having two capable TEs become a bad thing? my second post had nothing to do with todd heap.

EDIT: And why would you neg rep me for expressing my opinion? just because you dont agree with it? wow real mature man
Quote:

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 02-09-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This trade makes no sense. If they were to trade Shockey it would certainly not be for another TE.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i wasnt trying to fault the giants for not wanting todd heap: when i suggested todd heap and a 5th for shockey, it wasnt cause i thought it would ever happen, its because i was tring to illustrate his value and position in the overall TE rankings.

The other poster suggested that the only reason the giants were entertaining the idea of trading shockey was because of Kevin Boss, whiich is ludacris and thats wat i was trying to illustrate with my other post. It wasnt about todd heap, it was about if the giants trade shockey, it wont be because of kevin boss. It will be because of all the locker room drama he causes. Then my point about the dual TE set was that if they really were trading shockey because of boss, then when did having two capable TEs become a bad thing? my second post had nothing to do with todd heap.
Your total bashing of Boss is quite laughable. He is an excellent blocking TE and has decent hands, which in that offense is crucial. The fact that Boss was able to step up in the playoffs with the injury to Shockey is why there is even a thread about trading Shockey. Your attempt at showing value for Jeremy was a horrible one to say the least and in no way shows any type of real value for him. Damix has the right idea with a 2nd rounder which might be able to do the trick to get Shockey to Miami.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: