Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Your total bashing of Boss is quite laughable. He is an excellent blocking TE and has decent hands, which in that offense is crucial. The fact that Boss was able to step up in the playoffs with the injury to Shockey is why there is even a thread about trading Shockey. Your attempt at showing value for Jeremy was a horrible one to say the least and in no way shows any type of real value for him. Damix has the right idea with a 2nd rounder which might be able to do the trick to get Shockey to Miami.
i dont mean to say boss is a terrible TE: im saying when put on a level with jeremy shockey and a healthy todd heap, he simply doesnt compare. Maybe my attempt at showing value for shockey was off, but coming out and attacking someone is just stupid, along with neg repping someone for their opinion. Liek come on man. Your right, i could have just said he is abetter overall then todd heap and id rather have him, but i didnt. I just woke up when i posted that, give me a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
i dont mean to say boss is a terrible TE: im saying when put on a level with jeremy shockey and a healthy todd heap, he simply doesnt compare. Maybe my attempt at showing value for shockey was off, but coming out and attacking someone is just stupid, along with neg repping someone for their opinion. Liek come on man. Your right, i could have just said he is abetter overall then todd heap and id rather have him, but i didnt. I just woke up when i posted that, give me a break.
Do you want some cheese to go with all this whining? Jeez grow up.......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=A Perfect Score;886566]a healthy todd heap[quote]

Has there ever been a time he was healthy.:)
Old 02-09-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I would love for him to be a Saint if it weren't for his attitude problem. We don't need another Joe Horn.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Splat420;886580][quote=A Perfect Score;886566]a healthy todd heap
Quote:

I believe the offseason is the only time he's healthy......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Splat420;886580][quote=A Perfect Score;886566]a healthy todd heap
Quote:

he was healthy when we gave him a massive contract and messed up our cap situation :(
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=A Perfect Score;886587][quote=Splat420;886580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
a healthy todd heap

he was healthy when we gave him a massive contract and messed up our cap situation :(
Don't get me wrong I really like TH but he never seems to be on the field that being said I don't get to watch to many B-more games were I live is it just bad luck for him or does he not want to play with pain?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

[quote=Splat420;886593][quote=A Perfect Score;886587]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post

Don't get me wrong I really like TH but he never seems to be on the field that being said I don't get to watch to many B-more games were I live is it just bad luck for him or does he not want to play with pain?
He's a freaking Mormon and won't take pain killers because of it. He's an overpaid pansy and frankly most of us are done with him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-09-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
needled24_7
Rookie

needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.

i could see him going to miami for one of the dolphin's 2 second round picks. maybe a second and a 4th or 5th. whoever playing qb for them will have a nice target to throw to and maybe ginn will stretch the field to open up huge holes up the seam for shockey! or maybe not.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

[quote=Splat420;886593][quote=A Perfect Score;886587]
Quote:

hes really talented and when hes on the field hes without doubt our msot dangerous weapon...however like someone else said, hes got this anti-painkiller thing going on and because of the most of the time he isnt on the field. All in all, hes getting paid like a top 5 TE and not playing like one. Mmost fans here in baltimore want him to either restructure or GTFO.
Quote:
Old 02-09-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
skiinginNJ
Rookie

skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

sounds like the media trying to play GM

im sure the giants will happily keep both shockey and boss.

everyone in NY loves him, i dont get where all this "cancer in the locker room" stuff comes from
skiinginNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
Patriots16-0 Trade Prediction Machine:

Bengals get Jeremy Shockey
Giants get Bengals' 2nd and 5th rounders
I would off myself if that happened.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:46 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Boss is a terrible blocker.

This report is funny, because Jerry Reese said on the radio Friday morning that Shockey isn't being traded at all. That's the right decision I think. As a Giant fan I'd be furious if he was traded.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:48 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Shockey on the trading block?

"There is growing speculation the Giants may move Jeremy Shockey via trade during the offseason. League sources cited Eli Manning's improved play with Shockey out of the lineup and Kevin Boss's emergence during the playoffs as top reasons for the Giants potentially shopping their four-time Pro Bowl tight end."

I find it hard to believe but wanted to get your thoughts?
Makes sense, they did a lot better down the stretch without him, and he's been documented as having attitude problems. If I was the Giants, I'd try to cash in if I can.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your total bashing of Boss is quite laughable. He is an excellent blocking TE and has decent hands, which in that offense is crucial. The fact that Boss was able to step up in the playoffs with the injury to Shockey is why there is even a thread about trading Shockey. Your attempt at showing value for Jeremy was a horrible one to say the least and in no way shows any type of real value for him. Damix has the right idea with a 2nd rounder which might be able to do the trick to get Shockey to Miami.
Eh? Now, I will say this, I really do like Kevin Boss. He's a huge target with good hands, but quite frankly, he is not a good blocker. I'm certain with another year or two under his belt he could become such, because we have an excellent TE coach, but right now he's not half the blocker Shockey is.

I can understand Jonny's point of view, a lot of Giants fans (I'm not one of them, though) feel like he brings an intensity and fire to this offense.

Personally, he's luke-warm to me. There are times when he leaves it all out on the field, and then there are times he's flailing his hands around like a moron because he wasn't thrown to.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Eh? Now, I will say this, I really do like Kevin Boss. He's a huge target with good hands, but quite frankly, he is not a good blocker. I'm certain with another year or two under his belt he could become such, because we have an excellent TE coach, but right now he's not half the blocker Shockey is.

I can understand Jonny's point of view, a lot of Giants fans (I'm not one of them, though) feel like he brings an intensity and fire to this offense.

Personally, he's luke-warm to me. There are times when he leaves it all out on the field, and then there are times he's flailing his hands around like a moron because he wasn't thrown to.
Totally disagree with that statement. Shockey is a liability in the blitz protection and pickup and leaves Eli too vulnerable. Boss on the other hand does not. Its no surprise that Eli was more upright with Shockey off the field.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-10-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Totally disagree with that statement. Shockey is a liability in the blitz protection and pickup and leaves Eli too vulnerable. Boss on the other hand does not. Its no surprise that Eli was more upright with Shockey off the field.
I agree....They looked better with Boss..But I still think Shockey is better and will play harder if he know Boss is able to come in and take his place.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bigdawg, are you sure about that? Shockey is 10X the blocker Boss is, especially in the run game. Boss rarely stayed into block with pass protection, unlike Shockey who was completly misused early in the year. He's a key part to the Giants, and won't get traded anyway. Eli will love having a variety of sets with 2 TE sets with Boss and Shockey, 3 WR with Plax, Amani and Smith, I-form with Hedgecock etc. Shockey's leadership and heart are huge to this team.

Little known fact: during the Giants super bowl run, Shockey texted/called the younger TE's AND TE coach Mike Pope giving them advice and congrats. He shouldn't and won't be traded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I really dont think he will go anywhere. He is a big part of that team. Im sure as always the media over plays alot of stuff. Noone really knows what he did and did not do to help his team while he was out. And im sure he is happy to have that ring on his finger right now.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
bigdawg, are you sure about that? Shockey is 10X the blocker Boss is, especially in the run game. Boss rarely stayed into block with pass protection, unlike Shockey who was completly misused early in the year. He's a key part to the Giants, and won't get traded anyway. Eli will love having a variety of sets with 2 TE sets with Boss and Shockey, 3 WR with Plax, Amani and Smith, I-form with Hedgecock etc. Shockey's leadership and heart are huge to this team.

Little known fact: during the Giants super bowl run, Shockey texted/called the younger TE's AND TE coach Mike Pope giving them advice and congrats. He shouldn't and won't be traded.
Whoa there scotty, you do know that Shockey didn't play for Rutgers right? ;)

In all seriuosness, of course he won't be traded unless the Giants are blown away with an offer. Its the offseason and threads like this know no bounds. Face it, the offense ran better and Eli was more productive with Jeremy out of there and therefore this thread has a minute bit of value. Shockey can be a distraction to that team at times and if they could and likely would get good value on the open value on the market he'd be gone in a New York minute. This draft class is deep with TE prospects so he could be replaced and with the success of the offense without a dynamic TE in the playoffs may dictate a trade. Bottomline its all just speculation on all of our parts and for me its wasting time until the puck drops in a half an hour. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-10-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whoa there scotty, you do know that Shockey didn't play for Rutgers right? ;)
OH MY GOD, you're right.

damn eagles, why'd you have to franchise LJ Smith???!!!!!!????
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
OH MY GOD, you're right.

damn eagles, why'd you have to franchise LJ Smith???!!!!!!????
We'll trade him for Shockey straight up. How's that sound?

Franchising a backup TE is ******* ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns trade for him put him at Tight End move K2 to wide receiver and have three crazy ego's that all want the ball...

HELL YEAH!

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Browns trade for him put him at Tight End move K2 to wide receiver and have three crazy ego's that all want the ball...

HELL YEAH!
STOP WITH THE GODDAMN APOSTROPHE IN PLURAL WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Braylon doesn't have that bad of an ego. He's just a baller and he knows it.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, he isn't.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote