Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
No, he isn't.
I think you need to change your nickname to "Boss+Manning=Bossing".

:) :) :)

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
I think you need to change your nickname to "Boss+Manning=Bossing".

:) :) :)
LOL. I had this sn for a long time. Also, on our giants.com site, every damn usename was taken, so I came up with this one.

If Shockey gets traded, I don't care. I am not really attached to any one player. I put the team ahead of any one player.

I am just saying for the trade shockey people, it's stupid because he is another weapon we can have next year. Now we can run a two TE set with Boss and Shockey.

Also, Kiwi got hurt as well, and our played well. So what not? Do we trade him because we don't need him? It's stupid in my opinion this line of thought. He is under contract so let him stay and add another weapon for this offense.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow a lot of people not knowing what the hell they are talking about in this thread. Shockey is 10X the blocker Boss is, like scottyboy said. As for TEs who are serious rececing threats, Shockey might be the best blocker in the league along with Witten.

There will be speculation because of the timing of Shockey's injury and Eli's improved play. But what the morons who speculate on this stuff (like the author of the article) miss is that a lot of other things changed at the same time. The elimination or cutback of option routes, the fact that the coaches gave Eli more freedom to call his own audibles on 3rd down, and the emergence of Steve Smith as he had been injured all year. Those three things are more likely the cause of Eli's success in the playoffs than anything else.

Also if we were to trade him, and we won't, Miami is a bad option. People forget that Shockey once called Parcells a 'f ag', and the two do not like each other at all.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 02-10-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shockey still one of the best te's in the NFL giants are 10X more potent with him. has great leaderships skills too. It would be stupid for them to get rid of him.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Anyboy who thinks there is a chance of Shockey being traded is very shortsighted.

He is signed long term and means more to this team than most of you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie

Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.

Boss is NOWHERE near the blocker that Shockey is, this is commming from a Giants fan that has watched every game over the last 6 years at least twice. Shockey was very bad his first 2 years in the league at blocking but got better with the help of the best Tight End coach in the league (Mike Pope). I believe that Shockey is a better blocker then pass catcher at this point in his career, he does drop quite a few pass' but his blocking game is superb. In the Atlanta game this year on Wards TD run to the outside, Shockey blocks the DE 1 on 1 and turns him inside into the DT pretty much sealing off the whole Dline from the play. Last year in week 10 against the mighty Bears Shockey put Lance Briggs literally on his ass twice that game and Urlacher once on a blitz pickup. Shockey really does not get his props from anyone in the blocking game because they still believe he is bad due to his first 2 years in the league (when he was not good) which is not the case at all. Not knockig Boss because he did real well for us at the end of the year but he needs to get the technique down a little better (which he will), he has the body size to be a dominant blocking TE (6'7 270 lbs according to his last interview).
Toneloc498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Wow a lot of people not knowing what the hell they are talking about in this thread. Shockey is 10X the blocker Boss is, like scottyboy said. As for TEs who are serious rececing threats, Shockey might be the best blocker in the league along with Witten.

There will be speculation because of the timing of Shockey's injury and Eli's improved play. But what the morons who speculate on this stuff (like the author of the article) miss is that a lot of other things changed at the same time. The elimination or cutback of option routes, the fact that the coaches gave Eli more freedom to call his own audibles on 3rd down, and the emergence of Steve Smith as he had been injured all year. Those three things are more likely the cause of Eli's success in the playoffs than anything else.

Also if we were to trade him, and we won't, Miami is a bad option. People forget that Shockey once called Parcells a 'f ag', and the two do not like each other at all.
That pretty much sums it up.

I doubt we trade Shockey. The value we would get in return wouldn't be worth it. We can have a potentially dangerous 2 TE set next year. What I love about our offense this upcoming season is we're so versatile, we can be a very good running team in both the 3 WR set and 2 TE set, as well as a dangerous passing team out of both sets. That makes for one very effective PA pass.

I think maybe they'll throw out the idea just to see what someone offers them. Afterall, if someone gives an offer you can't refuse, then you have to make that trade. However I doubt any one will, and I doubt we trade him. I expect him to have a big year next year IF (and this is a big if) we keep our modified playbook that eliminating option routes, and gave Eli more short and intermediate check downs.

That to me, was the biggest reason why Eli "took the next step". Eli never took the next step, he was always capable of doing what you guys saw. We saw it even last year. Eli didn't turn the corner, the coaches did. That was difference.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That pretty much sums it up.

I doubt we trade Shockey. The value we would get in return wouldn't be worth it. We can have a potentially dangerous 2 TE set next year. What I love about our offense this upcoming season is we're so versatile, we can be a very good running team in both the 3 WR set and 2 TE set, as well as a dangerous passing team out of both sets. That makes for one very effective PA pass.

I think maybe they'll throw out the idea just to see what someone offers them. Afterall, if someone gives an offer you can't refuse, then you have to make that trade. However I doubt any one will, and I doubt we trade him. I expect him to have a big year next year IF (and this is a big if) we keep our modified playbook that eliminating option routes, and gave Eli more short and intermediate check downs.

That to me, was the biggest reason why Eli "took the next step". Eli never took the next step, he was always capable of doing what you guys saw. We saw it even last year. Eli didn't turn the corner, the coaches did. That was difference.
Reese is already on record as saying he is very excited about our two TE set next year. Although it is my opinion that we won't see it as much as we might expect. The power run is still the bread and butter of the offense. We are too succesful running behind FB than two TEs. Of course TEs can motion into the backfield to result in something similar.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reese is already on record as saying he is very excited about our two TE set next year. Although it is my opinion that we won't see it as much as we might expect. The power run is still the bread and butter of the offense. We are too succesful running behind FB than two TEs. Of course TEs can motion into the backfield to result in something similar.
Yeah, we're an iform base for the most part. It would be nice to motion TEs like you said, but youre probably right, we won't see it as much as we think we will.

Hedgecock was such a great find. We didn't miss a beat with him. Underrated pass catcher too.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
Patriots16-0 Trade Prediction Machine:

Bengals get Jeremy Shockey
Giants get Bengals' 2nd and 5th rounders
2nd and 5th? Wow... a bit high for a TE not named Gates.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Saints Are Working on Taking Jeremy Shockey Off the Giants' Hands
Posted Feb 28th 2008 9:06PM by Tom Mantzouranis
Filed under: NY Giants, Saints, New Orleans, New York

Kind of a little shocker with the clock ticking towards free agency, but here's an interesting tidbit from Chris Mortensen -- the Saints made a trade offer to the Giants for happy-go-lucky complete team player Jeremy Shockey.

Now let's take all of this with a grain of salt -- standard Mortensenian operating procedure -- but if true, it makes sense. The Saints' offense has lacked a truly dynamic tight end. Billy Miller has played well, but he and Eric Johnson haven't made a real impact on the offense, and both are unrestricted free agents. Paired with Marques Colston, the two could do wonders for the Saints' red-zone offense.

Beyond that, Sean Payton and Shockey are familiar with each other from Payton's days in New York, and Shockey has stated on occasion that Payton was the driving force behind his early development. Re-joining Payton in a change of scenery might make dude a little cheerier. He'll also be free from the most cancerous relationship he has in New York, with Eli Manning.

Shockey won't be able to push around Drew Brees, the team's unquestioned leader and most respected player, like he did Manning, and Brees will get him the ball enough to keep him happy.

If Mortensen is on the ball with this report, that is.

... Hmmm.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Saints Are Working on Taking Jeremy Shockey Off the Giants' Hands
Posted Feb 28th 2008 9:06PM by Tom Mantzouranis
Filed under: NY Giants, Saints, New Orleans, New York

Kind of a little shocker with the clock ticking towards free agency, but here's an interesting tidbit from Chris Mortensen -- the Saints made a trade offer to the Giants for happy-go-lucky complete team player Jeremy Shockey.

Now let's take all of this with a grain of salt -- standard Mortensenian operating procedure -- but if true, it makes sense. The Saints' offense has lacked a truly dynamic tight end. Billy Miller has played well, but he and Eric Johnson haven't made a real impact on the offense, and both are unrestricted free agents. Paired with Marques Colston, the two could do wonders for the Saints' red-zone offense.

Beyond that, Sean Payton and Shockey are familiar with each other from Payton's days in New York, and Shockey has stated on occasion that Payton was the driving force behind his early development. Re-joining Payton in a change of scenery might make dude a little cheerier. He'll also be free from the most cancerous relationship he has in New York, with Eli Manning.

Shockey won't be able to push around Drew Brees, the team's unquestioned leader and most respected player, like he did Manning, and Brees will get him the ball enough to keep him happy.

If Mortensen is on the ball with this report, that is.
I'd be surprised if we didn't ask for anything less than a first for shockey, or something like a 2nd and a 3rd. He's not amazing, but we don't use him well, and we know that. He can be much better than he is, just needs the opportunity and a dependant QB. He might get that while being in NY, and i dont think we want to get rid of him at all. So that why the price must be right in order to let him go.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A first? For Shockey? Lawlz.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 02-28-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what the though? Picks? Player?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
A first? For Shockey? Lawlz.
Its not like he is on the trading block, we want him back, and he is already under a long contract. I think we would ask for a first, but a 2nd and incentives sounds much more likely to happen.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I like Shockey, but a first from us (10th overall) is laughable.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this thread was dead who dug it up?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

That would be moi.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I like Shockey, but a first from us (10th overall) is laughable.
I didnt say 10th overall, when i said what we would offer, i know reese would only offer Shockey for a 1st, he says he's our starting TE, and shockey is a pro bowl TE when healthy.

When i say 2nd with incentives it means in future, meaning next year. So it wouldnt necessarily be the 10th pick overall next year.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reported by Chris Mortenson lol, Giants fans how credible is he? Because he's the same guy who came out with the Barber has to go to Mia trade, and you guys old me shockey being traded was a completely different thing...so what is it now, did Mort lose his credibiliy now, or was the other trade just something off of his head also.

Does this rumor have a backbone now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 02-28-2008 at 10:07 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Reported by Chris Mortenson lol, Giants fans how credible is he? Because he's the same guy who came out with the Barber has to go to Mia trade, and you guys old me shockey being traded was a completely different thing...so what is it now, did Mort lose his credibiliy now, or was the other trade just something off of his head also.

As of right now he's still not credible because we said we have him as our starting TE for next year, and we value him. Shockey wants to stay, we want him to stay, nothing points to a trade except for the fact that he got injured and Kevin Boss has emerged as a good player; so everyone thinks that Eli gained from losing Shockey, and we are better off without him. We don't know if this is true or not, but Shockey is a Pro Bowler when healthy and a great weapon for Eli to use next season without a doubt.

Im not saying its not going to happen, im just saying a very good deal has to be given in order to trade shockey.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-28-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Actually Schefter reported the other trade. I agreed with you that Mort is completely unreliable.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually Schefter reported the other trade. I agreed with you that Mort is completely unreliable.
ahh, no problem just checking, Mort comes up with off the wall things every off season, and he might hit on a few of 10 rumors he comes up with...But do you guys think you will entertain offers? Not necessarily trade him, but listening is another thing if they throw out a good offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Giants turn down Shockey trade: The Giants turned down a proposal to trade TE Jeremy Shockey to the New Orleans Saints, who did not offer a first-round pick in return. That's according to Ernie Palladino of the Westchester (N.Y.) Journal News, USA TODAY's sister publication. The Giants are insisting on a first-round pick or a second-rounder plus a starting player in return for Shockey, who was replaced by Kevin Boss in the Super Bowl run after a December leg injury.
The fact that the Giants want a first rounder for Shockey is funny.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well they said they want a starting player. Maybe a 2nd and Jason David. Ha!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote