Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. Good one.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would give 2nd and David for almost anybody just to get him off my team....The addition of Shockey would be great. Brees loves his TE's he would finaly have one that could almost do what Gates did for him in SD

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A first for shockey? Well I understand it, when you have no interest in trading a guy you can drive the price up, if people know you plan on getting rid of him or cutting him, you dont hold as much weight in negotiations...But if I were NO id think about a 2nd and a player, they really dont have a TE and someone as explosive as Shockey with Brees would be huge for what Payton likes to do. Unless if feels he would be better off drafting a tight end on his own in the 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Maybe the Saints would trade #10 for Shockey and #31.

Nahhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lawlz. You wish.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 03-01-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give you a 3rd and a 5th.

He's been injured a LOT.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Reese is pushing for AT LEAST a second.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

How much higher do you do you guys believe his value is then Vilma, all things considered
Old 03-01-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

of course the Giants are gonna ask for alot. They don't want to trade him but if they're blown away, they'll do it. Keeping Shockey and Boss gives us more versatiiaty for sets and stuff. He's not going anywhere anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie

Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
How much higher do you do you guys believe his value is then Vilma, all things considered
Considering Vilma has a degenerative knee problem (which is damn big for a linebacker) and Shockey is probably a top 3 blocking Tight End (some of you might not believe it but watch some film on Shockey and his blocking and tell me hes not good, then I can consider you a football dimwit) in the league and a top 8 pass catching tight end Id say hes worth more then Vilma
Toneloc498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Chris Mortensen just reported on ESPN that the Saints are making a HARD second offer for Jeremy Shockey and the Giants are very receptive. He said the trade could go down tomorrow. Its probably going to be the Saints 2nd round pick plus a pick in '09 plus a player.
Take that for what it's worth...

Old 03-02-2008, 02:13 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Take that for what it's worth...
god no ! i hope this is just a rumor .... if it happens i dont watch any games and cancel my london tickets

how to kill a franchise.... or how to doom a rebuilding
Old 03-02-2008, 06:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love shockey, but that's a lot. it of course depends on the player and 09 pick, but a high 2nd plus those 2, that's a damn good offer... it'll be interesting to see what the Giants do(although I still highly doubt we move him)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I still doubt this happens....

However I doubted the likelihood of the trade because Shockey's value due to his injury...If he is going to get us a 2nd, a player, and a 2009 pick...you may have to think about it considering what Jenkins, Rogers, Williams all were valued at. Shockey's value in that trade would be dominant over theirs.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-02-2008, 08:58 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i love shockey and all, but a 2nd rounder, a future pick, and a player is really not worth it. I mean, thats alot. If the giants pull off that trade, then they got VERY good value for him. I think just the saints high 2nd roudner should be enough...thats where his value should be around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I've been saying all along, Loomis is an assclown when it comes to being a GM. He's going to kill any chance we have at building a team for the long term by sacrificing draft picks for a guy whose injured just as much as Cam Cleeland was.

I doubt this thought has ever crept into Loomis' mind but how about we ******* draft a TE! I know why, it makes too much sense.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Almost all the TE in the draft will be available when we get back on the clock with our 2nd pick..Just draft one loomis. I am so tired of just picking up injured players.. I mean it worked with Brees but who knows if Vilma will even come back 100%. I like Shockey but I dont like to give up a 2nd for him..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-02-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see no need in trading him. I hope we don't do this.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont really want Shockey well at least not at that price...Brees would love him he does need a good TE. Wish we would have picked up Olsen instead of Meachem...

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants have declined to talk with teams inquiring about Jeremy Shockey.
The Saints reached out to the Giants on free agency eve, but New York made it clear Shockey isn't on the block. Even if the teams agreed to compensation, Shockey couldn't pass a physical because of his broken leg.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03012008...ints_99951.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good for us.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus we need depth at the TE spot. If we trade Shockey, and Boss got hurt, our starting TE would be Mathews, lol. I like the depth we have right now.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Its better that you keep him....For both teams..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-02-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Its better that you keep him....For both teams..
True, plus things could change now. We won a superbowl without him, so now he has to respect everyone on offense. If he tries to say anything the offense and Eli can make it clear that they won without him and put him in his place. So who knows, the dynamic can change as well. It's only human to be humbled when you realize the team won without you being in the lineup.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
True, plus things could change now. We won a superbowl without him, so now he has to respect everyone on offense. If he tries to say anything the offense and Eli can make it clear that they won without him and put him in his place. So who knows, the dynamic can change as well. It's only human to be humbled when you realize the team won without you being in the lineup.
Plus if Eli and Shockey get on the same page....the league better watch out.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED