Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 10 NFL quarterbacks(All-time)

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...erb acks.html

What are your thoughts about the list?
Old 02-09-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

I always liked CHFF's way of reasoning. Even though the stats don't tell the entire story.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a huge Chiefs fan I hate Denver and everything they stand for but even I say John Elway is top five all time.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the list, I think Favre probably should be a bit higher, but I like where Brady is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Nice list, good to see some love for Baugh.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I like the list, I think Favre probably should be a bit higher, but I like where Brady is.
that's what I ment with stats not being everything. Favre's real value wasn't in the stats it was the way he made plays happen.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, no, CHFF. Dan Marino is one of the ten best QBs of all time, and Bart Starr is not the best ever. They pay waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much attention to team success.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brett Farve should have DEFINITELY be higher.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Elway really stunned me. He should atleast get in there somewhere in the latter half of the top 10.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sammy Baugh gets some love, real good list.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnny Unitas should be higher on that list.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

where is Dan Marino...come on he is at least in the top ten...

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
where is Dan Marino...come on he is at least in the top ten...
Wow, I totally forgot about Marino. In that case where is Bradshaw as well. Both Marino and Bradshaw should be on there.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This list sucks. Too many bold choices and not enough logical ones.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

marino did a lot more with less than any of those guys.

give him a jerry rice and a respectable defense and he'd have more than a few rings on his fingers.....but alas.....

he should still be in the top 10, if not top 5
Old 02-10-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

favre should be higher than manning

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my list

1. Otto Graham
2. Joe Montana
3. Brett Favre
4. Dan Marino
5. John Elway
6. Sammy Baugh
7. Peyton Manning
8. Tom Brady
9. Johnny Unitas
10. Roger Staubach

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

Typical. [sarcasm]I'm absolutely shocked they have Tom Brady ranked as highly as they do.[/sarcasm]

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:25 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that is a horrible list. Bart Starr was a game manager. He was very good at that, but he didn't strike fear into opposing teams. That was Jim Taylor and Paul Hornungs job. As great as Steve Young was, his career was too short, and he had only 3 complete seasons. I can't justify putting him in the top 10 for that reason.

I don't like comparing pre-1978 qbs to post 1978 qbs because of the rule changes, but if I had to make a top 10 list it would be(I only use having a ring to break a tie, otherwise it doesn't matter too much):
1) Johnny U-Simply put, the GOAT. Plus his middle name is Constantine.
2) John Elway-No one has done more with less
3) Brett Favre-Has all the records and had very little to work with
4) Dan Marino-Favre and Marino are neck and neck, Favre has the records now, but he does have 1 int a year more than Marino(on average).
5) Sammy Baugh-All I know about Baugh is what I have read and heard people talk about. He pretty much invented the modern pass game.
6) Joe Montana- I know, I know, many people will disagree with this. However, Steve Young came in and did just as good, if not better when Montana got hurt. Could the team have made Montana that much better? I think so.
7) YA Tittle- Again, another person I only know from reading and hearing about him. He had incredible stats for the time he played. He had back to back seasons with 30+ TDs. If he played longer, we may be talking about him being the GOAT instead of Unitas.
8) Fran Tarkenton- The best scrambling QB in NFL history. He just made plays. He had the records until Marino came along.
9) Peyton Manning- The best QB since 2000. Tom Brady may give him a run for his money before all is said and done, but right now, Peyton is ahead. Very likely he will move up. I expect him to be #1 by the end of his career.
10) Otto Graham- I would put him higher, but too much of his career was in the AAFC.
Honorable mentions: Tom Brady, Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Steve Young, Sonny Jurgeson, Warren Moon.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
6) Joe Montana- I know, I know, many people will disagree with this. However, Steve Young came in and did just as good, if not better when Montana got hurt. Could the team have made Montana that much better? I think so.
Actually Steve Young struggled a lot when he first came in. And that was with guys like Taylor, Rice, Jones, Craig, and everyone else around him. In the later years, Young had a lot of help around him. Rice for his entire career. Taylor for a good amount of it. Jones as well. Hearst, Watters, Owens, the list goes on. Montana, in his first few years on the offense, didn't really have as much. Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon weren't marvels, but they got the job done. Same thing with guys like Russ Francis. And the running game wasn't that special until about 87. When Craig didn't play fullback anymore due to the presence of Rathman sustaining that position.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:09 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Actually Steve Young struggled a lot when he first came in. And that was with guys like Taylor, Rice, Jones, Craig, and everyone else around him. In the later years, Young had a lot of help around him. Rice for his entire career. Taylor for a good amount of it. Jones as well. Hearst, Watters, Owens, the list goes on. Montana, in his first few years on the offense, didn't really have as much. Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon weren't marvels, but they got the job done. Same thing with guys like Russ Francis. And the running game wasn't that special until about 87. When Craig didn't play fullback anymore due to the presence of Rathman sustaining that position.
Young couldn't have struggled that much when he first came in for Montana.
2500 yards in 10 starts. 17 tds 8 ints

I love Montana, he is my second favorite QB(behind Lord Favre) I just think he is slightly overrated. I almost had him at 5. Montana and Baugh could switch places on my list. Plus he is just a hair below Favre and Marino.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:42 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
favre should be higher than manning
Manning is pretty much the best QB of all time.

Statistically at this time in his career there's never been anyone equal and there's now no team and no game and no active coach he's never beaten.

I'll get flamed for this but whatever. Anything just about anything any QB you can name all time can do Manning can do better, except scramble.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post

Statistically at this time in his career there's never been anyone equal and there's now no team and no game and no active coach he's never beaten.

I'll get flamed for this but whatever. Anything just about anything any QB you can name all time can do Manning can do better, except scramble.
Can Manning create something out of nothing like Favre and Elway?

I think Manning will be the GOAT when all is said and done, he just isn't there yet.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:55 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post

Ok, how about 'elevate his performance come playoff time'?

Peyton, even in 06-07, has struggled in the post season. He had a good Superbowl, sure, but if it weren't for his D and running game finally stepping up that playoffs, it would have been another early exit.

EDIT: And as the above post says, Peyton can look lost when plays break down and his system is rattled, which is often seems to be in playoffs matches as other team's step it up a notch scheme wise. He hasn't shown that clutch, something-out-of-nothing ability you see with so many greats. Peyton is definitely one of the best, but he's a different kind, relying more on intelligence than 'it'. If Peyton wasn't the game's biggest student, he'd probably be mediocre.

Last edited by OzTitan : 02-11-2008 at 05:59 AM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Young couldn't have struggled that much when he first came in for Montana.
2500 yards in 10 starts. 17 tds 8 ints

I love Montana, he is my second favorite QB(behind Lord Favre) I just think he is slightly overrated. I almost had him at 5. Montana and Baugh could switch places on my list. Plus he is just a hair below Favre and Marino.
Errmmm...it was pretty bad. Especially in 88. If it wasn't for those players around him, he may have not had his "good days" when he had the chance to shine.

As for Montana, I really don't care where you rank him, I just disagreed with your initial statement.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote