Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jim Zorn named Redskins Coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3238678

Here's the link

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 02-09-2008 at 06:03 PM.
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Interesting. I thought it would be Fassel.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Interesting. I thought it would be Fassel.
Same here I really dont get it..Did Fassel not have alot to do with the hireing of the O and D cordnaters?

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that's......interesting. Another extension of the Holmgren (via Bill Walsh) coaching tree

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well that's......interesting. Another extension of the Holmgren (via Bill Walsh) coaching tree
I can see that..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Seems like there was pretty slim pickings this year with all the big time assistants staying with their teams.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow a promotion from Offensive Coordinator to Head Coach in 2 weeks? Thats special.........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I'm left wondering if/when Snyder pulls the hook on Zorn a year from now, for a flashier head coach (Cowher at the top of the list). Meanwhile, credit waste of space Vinny Cerrato for succeeding in installing a head coach who won't be a threat to him.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just absolutely terrible.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a little unfair to immediately write the guy off. He's worked with smart people. I'll reserve judgement until I see his press conference.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey maybe it's just me, but I'm hella happier with him that Jim Fassell. I wanted to go after Meeks but lets wait and see on Zorn.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Hey maybe it's just me, but I'm hella happier with him that Jim Fassell. I wanted to go after Meeks but lets wait and see on Zorn.
Yea i hated Fassell in NY, i forget why, but i know that you're probably better off with Zorn. I remember when Fassell got fired last year i think from the Raven's OC job, and Billick took over play calling.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

I'm officially embarrassed for the Redskins.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Mike Smith is no Spags but I feel better about Smith than I would about Zorn.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Well, Mike Smith is no Spags but I feel better about Smith than I would about Zorn.
I wouldn't....I think Zorn is really an underestimated coach. I was hoping for the past year or two to see him get a coordinator's spot and give him that platform to maybe test head coaching waters one day, and two weeks ago he got that chance, and now today he's the head coach of the Washington Redskins.

When Matt Hasselbeck arrived in Seattle Mike Holmgren knew that he had a QB with potential and someone he saw as a reliable starter. With the work of Jim Zorn Hasselbeck has become a Pro Bowl caliber QB and one hell of a QB. I'm very interested to see what he can do with Jason Campbell; who I believe could have a higher ceiling that what Hasselbeck has achieved.

I'm happy for the man and I think Redskins fans should be joyous with their head coach.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone think theres an outside shot of fassell somehow being named o-coordinator now?

i think itd be weird as all hell but i wouldn't rule it out....
Old 02-09-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I wouldn't....I think Zorn is really an underestimated coach. I was hoping for the past year or two to see him get a coordinator's spot and give him that platform to maybe test head coaching waters one day, and two weeks ago he got that chance, and now today he's the head coach of the Washington Redskins.

When Matt Hasselbeck arrived in Seattle Mike Holmgren knew that he had a QB with potential and someone he saw as a reliable starter. With the work of Jim Zorn Hasselbeck has become a Pro Bowl caliber QB and one hell of a QB. I'm very interested to see what he can do with Jason Campbell; who I believe could have a higher ceiling that what Hasselbeck has achieved.

I'm happy for the man and I think Redskins fans should be joyous with their head coach.
When Smith arrived the Jaguars defense went from bad to good. It was in the top-12 more often than not. The defense was good even with injuries. He was responsible for the defense, Zorn for a QB. Holmgren was a QB guru and given credit. Jack Del Rio was a defensive guy and given credit.

There are similarities but all in all I think Smith is more experienced and he was responsible for more of a team than Zorn. He also has a Superbowl ring from when he was with the Ravens as the defensive line coach.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
When Smith arrived the Jaguars defense went from bad to good. It was in the top-12 more often than not. The defense was good even with injuries. He was responsible for the defense, Zorn for a QB. Holmgren was a QB guru and given credit. Jack Del Rio was a defensive guy and given credit.

There are similarities but all in all I think Smith is more experienced and he was responsible for more of a team than Zorn. He also has a Superbowl ring from when he was with the Ravens.
I'm not knocking Smith's ability to coach, but the pieces that he was given to work with in Jacksonville were pretty solid, and now he heads to Atlanta where there are glaring holes throughout the team. Jim Zorn walks into a situation where the pieces on offense are very good and he has the chance to be successful right away. Mike Smith will help improve the Falcons organization, but he's not the coach that'll get them to the a playoff caliber team again.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'm not knocking Smith's ability to coach, but the pieces that he was given to work with in Jacksonville were pretty solid, and now he heads to Atlanta where there are glaring holes throughout the team. Jim Zorn walks into a situation where the pieces on offense are very good and he has the chance to be successful right away. Mike Smith will help improve the Falcons organization, but he's not the coach that'll get them to the a playoff caliber team again.
That is not the point, the point is who would be better stepping in to the same job. I would take Joe Somebody in New England for 2008 over Bill Belichick in Miami for 2008.

Also, the past two years the Jaguars have had some injuries at MLB, DT, etc etc. He has had some pieces but I would not say there are many standout players on that defense outside of Rashean Mathis and the defensive tackles.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default I may be wrong but . . .

Here is my opinion. Snyder did not want to get rid of the staff of coaches they currently have because to do so would mean a great deal of buy-outs ($'s). So none of the "candidates" they interviewed until now (Steve Mariucci, Ron Meeks, Pete Carroll , Jim Schwartz, Gregg Williams, Jim Mora and Steve Spagnuolo) would agree to come in and keep the current staff and not bring in their own guys. Snyder seems to not want to to hire someone who will run the show - he seems to want to hire someone who will run his show. With that in mind, this was the first coach that agreed to keep the same staff - "we will hire you but you cannot make GM decisions or coach decisions" - sounds alot like AL DAVIS.... Thus - as he agreed to the terms of being a lame duck coach - they hired him. It sounds a lot like Dan Snyder will be wearing Elvis glasses and Members club jackets in about 40 years just like AL. This NFC East just got a lot weaker tonight!
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been reading that Snyder may have cooled on Fassel after hearing the public reaction, which was pretty unanimous as not wanting him to be the coach. There must have been some bad blood to choose Jim Zorn over Gregg Williams as head coach though, but lets se how he does first,he has a talented team to work with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Truly a WTF moment.

Has this guy even called plays before?
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:36 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree witch HChu & Rich Jr.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:55 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoffilm View Post
Truly a WTF moment.

Has this guy even called plays before?
He was offensive coordinator at Utah State from 1992-1994.

Calling plays is not the only requirement for being a head coach, however. And as a rookie head coach, he's probably not going to call plays anyways, so it doesn't really matter.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just have one question... why?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote