Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-10-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Rich Jr., this thread makes me feel old.

I teach 8th grade US History.... love it.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go to college but over the summer I work at a cemetery digging graves and doing groundskeeping. I love it, I get to be outside and it pays well. Its about 55 hours a week and I have to get there at 7 AM monday through Friday so its all good. Plus I work for my high school football coach there and he's a great guy. I got an on campus job here but I only work like 15-20 hours a week just for spending money and frat dues.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
RexGrossmans-cheesecake
Veteran

RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.

I was a soccer ref when i was like 12. 8 bucks a week, great pay. But in the summer I plan to caddy, and its pretty sweet since I live in a really wealthy town which means nice tips. Or at least I hope.

Thanks BoneKrusher!
RexGrossmans-cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I've already seen 2 people who work in cemetaries or funeral homes. How do you guys do it? I mean I don't think I'd feel comfortable.

Not because of the graves/caskets but just because whenever I am at those places I am mourning a lost friend/family member and I am reminded of almost every funeral I've been to when I go to one.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I work as a scanning clerk in a mental institution. My room is right next to the electric shock therapy room. Anyway its a very boring job, just listen to my iPod the whole time.

I've been applying to internships for the summer, have a few interviews set up, hopefully I get one.

In 8 or so months I'll actually have to start applying for real jobs.

Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a cook and have been at the same place for 3 years. I love it and don't want to leave, but eventually I'll have to move on.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Wow I've already seen 2 people who work in cemetaries or funeral homes. How do you guys do it? I mean I don't think I'd feel comfortable.

Not because of the graves/caskets but just because whenever I am at those places I am mourning a lost friend/family member and I am reminded of almost every funeral I've been to when I go to one.
I knew this question would come up. It's not nearly as bad and morbid as you think. The people are great to work with and it's an easy job.

On the death side, when making arrangements I look at it as a celebration of a good life lived. People bring up fond memories of the deceased and some of the stories are actually very interesting. One must know that the time will come eventually and to take it strong. Emotions do run though at wakes but were well equipped to deal with it.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I run a blow job company.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
yeah, i got a cousin who is a cop in virginia, i wanna say a city called fairfax maybe. it was near the DC border. anyways, he got hurt real bad too, and says that job was dangerous and he never had an easy day. he wouldnt reccomend it to anyone.
well...working as the po-po in DC is no easy task...it's like the crime capital of the world...

when I first responded to this thread earlier I was sitting in my cruiser in a publix parking lot listening to the radio...and typing...that's how relaxed my zone is...I feel for anyone who has to deal with crack head's and mental patients every minute of the day...

I do not long for that...I'm more of a talker than a fighter, so I don't like to roll on the ground, but I will if I have to...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I start my job tomorrow in a town just north of Baton Rouge, LA. My job title is a QC Lab technician. I'll run samples of plastics that are made in the plastics plant.

Next week I have an interview to be Claims Rep w/ State Farm in Metairie, LA. That's the job I really want.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I start my job tomorrow in a town just north of Baton Rouge, LA. My job title is a QC Lab technician. I'll run samples of plastics that are made in the plastics plant.

Next week I have an interview to be Claims Rep w/ State Farm in Metairie, LA. That's the job I really want.
I was going to do that for Allstate, but I got a different job can't even remember which one though.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post

What plant? I was working in a plastics plant for the past 4 months in Baton Rouge.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
well...working as the po-po in DC is no easy task...it's like the crime capital of the world...

when I first responded to this thread earlier I was sitting in my cruiser in a publix parking lot listening to the radio...and typing...that's how relaxed my zone is...I feel for anyone who has to deal with crack head's and mental patients every minute of the day...

I do not long for that...I'm more of a talker than a fighter, so I don't like to roll on the ground, but I will if I have to...
I can honestly say I want your job, lol. Sitting in your cruiser a you typed this made me laugh. I guess it all depends on where you live and the area. But yeah, that definately seems pretty relaxed of a zone. Pretty coll stuff.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

it's good stuff, until **** hits the fan and you actually gotta bust someone's ass...then it gets hairy....
Old 02-10-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
it's good stuff, until **** hits the fan and you actually gotta bust someone's ass...then it gets hairy....
yeah, i guess being a cop it isnt always rainbows and sunshine. but for the most part, doesnt sound too bad.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

A couple observations-

Gonzalez, LA: hometown of Glenn Dorsey. lol I watched a lot of LSU this year.

JagHombre: being in Gainesville have you ever wondered what it would be like to arrest a well known Florida Gator? No reason I ask, just curious.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
A couple observations-

I'm a year older than him and went to his rival high school. Had the displeasure of seeing my high school getting ripped up by his big ass every year. Met him quite a few times though, real nice down to earth guy.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm working in the Kansas City City Hall this summer...Pretty kick ass job, and it looks good on a college application

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
I'm a year older than him and went to his rival high school. Had the displeasure of seeing my high school getting ripped up by his big ass every year. Met him quite a few times though, real nice down to earth guy.
Yeah my favorite player/person in college football. I think he's gonna do wonders for the chemistry of a team.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah my favorite player/person in college football. I think he's gonna do wonders for the chemistry of a team.
He does tons for the kids around here, especially at his old high school and middle school.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
A couple observations-

JagHombre: being in Gainesville have you ever wondered what it would be like to arrest a well known Florida Gator? No reason I ask, just curious.
Little known fact: Back when I first started with the PD i was going through what they call "FTO Program" which stands for Field Training Officer Program, it usually lasts about three months...it's a pain in the ass but everyone goes through it, you're partnered with a veteran police officer and you work the different zones....

well, one night I was working the downtown zone, it's a foot beat so I was walking everywhere...I got a call about a disturbance at one of the local nightclubs around the corner, we responded and it was Jeremy Mincey(DE) and his girlfriend and she claimed he punched her in the face, long story short everyone in the club threatened to riot if we made an arrest, the girl had no physical markings of being hit...so we just told them to leave separately...

same thing with the Tony Joiner incident...he was arrested but the Charges were dropped because he was a prominent Athlete...
Old 02-11-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i work in the research department for a health insurance company. been with the company for 5 years. looking for a change. preferably something that allows for additional income if you're crooked.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a product manager for a financial software firm. I manage certain wealth management products that registered investment advisors use to manage their clients' assets.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I care for my disabled uncle...its a pretty tough job (long hours and all), but its worthwhile ya know! I get a good wage, and it helps my family out a ton, so its definately the best job i have had!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I work at Landsafe. Its a sister company of Countrywide located at Countrywide's corporate office here in the DFW. We handle all the appraisals done on properties bought/sold in the US. It's pretty damn boring but it pays the bills and they don't have NFLDC blocked.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote