Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-10-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
because it isnt a sport you can play anywhere. You can play basketball(dribbling, WIA-HANGA, etc.) football, or baseball. Isnt that sociable either. You cant mess around and do much with hockey. Fun to play and watch, but more like soccer than anything.
This is where you're wrong. When I'm at the ponds or just in someone's street playing roller hockey we always mess around. try to pull off awesome moves/saves. there's so many more dekes you can do in hockey than any other sport
Old 02-10-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

I'd rather watch a basketball game in the low 60's than a 5 goal hockey game any day.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
it doesn't even take a run at the goalie...clean hits can lead to huge brawls now a days

but intensity in terms of rivalry games is amazing. The Toronto/Montreal game on Thursday was one of the most exciting games I've seen in a while
I'm sad the Detroit-Colorado rivalry is dead
Old 02-10-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rich, are there any hockey rinks down there in Louisiana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Great idea. Here are 5 cool plays, you have to love the sport now!
I like this guy...

Frankly, hockey blows

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Football>Girl's HS Volleyball>Hockey>Basketball>Baseball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
This is where you're wrong. When I'm at the ponds or just in someone's street playing roller hockey we always mess around. try to pull off awesome moves/saves. there's so many more dekes you can do in hockey than any other sport
sorry. different thing. Skating is different from walking. You need different footwear too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I think a lot of what you like does stem from where you come from. I live in Indiana, have almost my whole life. I love basketball more than any sport out there. I know there aren't many hockey rinks around here and we have a semi-pro team, but no one really cares about them nor do they get much pub.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he means you can't just play it anywhere...you need ice, sticks, skates, puck or just sticks, skates, and a ball. or even just sticks and a ball, but hockey without skates is boring...plus, the fact that not many people play it means you can't really just play whenever you want, as far as the average american kid goes...I agree that it is about the same level of interest as soccer, mainly because if you do not play it, majority of people would not understand it/be interested in it
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
There's an Ice rink like 15 minutes from my house. I'm taking the g/f for valentine's day.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just started to get into hockey now that the Pens are good again and we have Crosby and Malkin. In fact, its pretty hard not to get pumped about it with those two guys playing on your team. People here in Pittsburgh are going Pens crazy again like they used to back in the day. Hell, maybe they can pull Van Damme out of whatever dive bar he's in and make another Sudden Death.

Wait, strike that last idea.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the statement that where you're from effects what you like. what dont you know about hockey?

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 02-10-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

The thing with hockey is that it just doesn't translate that well to television.

In person though, it's probably the funnest sport to watch.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
I just started to get into hockey now that the Pens are good again and we have Crosby and Malkin. In fact, its pretty hard not to get pumped about it with those two guys playing on your team. People here in Pittsburgh are going Pens crazy again like they used to back in the day. Hell, maybe they can pull Van Damme out of whatever dive bar he's in and make another Sudden Death.

Wait, strike that last idea.
I wish the Pens would've come to Kansas City

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Look at the quote I have in this post. I am not arguing that you can play it anywhere. I am saying hockey is a social sport and you can indeed mess around, all you need is a stick and ball/puck
Old 02-10-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I think he means you can't just play it anywhere...you need ice, sticks, skates, puck or just sticks, skates, and a ball. or even just sticks and a ball, but hockey without skates is boring...plus, the fact that not many people play it means you can't really just play whenever you want, as far as the average american kid goes...I agree that it is about the same level of interest as soccer, mainly because if you do not play it, majority of people would not understand it/be interested in it

Every kid I know in my area likes to play street hockey.
What part of the country do you live in?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-10-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i watch hockey occasionally, but I play hockey VIDEOGAMES a lot. NHL Hitz and others are always fun. Arcade hockey games are tight, and sims are ok. Hockey is fun to watch, and I played street hockey. It was fun, but kinda lame. My friend had a net though, and we played with tennis balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i watch it when its on. it just rarely is or something better is on. my history prof had what seems like a good reason why americans dont like hockey and soccer. he claims americans can't accept ties and therefore won't watch either sport to the degree that they do football or baseball.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
I agree with the statement that where you're from effects what you like. what dont you know about hockey?

Well, this was one of my fav games ever.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Every kid I know in my area likes to play street hockey.
What part of the country do you live in?
I'm from Chicago, so midwest...I mean, I played hockey occasionally growing up, but we played baseball, basketball, football and soccer more just because it was easier...all you need is a ball for soccer and football, a bat and ball and maybe random crap to use as bases for baseball, and at least 1 hoop for basketball

it really does depend on where you're from, but my guess is the majority of kids in america play baseball, football, basketball and soccer more than hockey, so they don't really ever become interested in it
Old 02-10-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

No one plays hockey in Kansas City...But to be honest, I've never really given hockey a chance, so idk, but it's never really televised here in KC

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 02-10-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
i watch it when its on. it just rarely is or something better is on. my history prof had what seems like a good reason why americans dont like hockey and soccer. he claims americans can't accept ties and therefore won't watch either sport to the degree that they do football or baseball.
There are no ties in hockey.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-10-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Your history professor should get a new reason because there hasn't been a tie in an NHL game since the lockout ended.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
No one plays hockey in Kansas City...But to be honest, I've never really given hockey a chance, so idk, but it's never really televised here in KC
Why did they want to move the Penguins to KC if not many people like hockey?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-10-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
There are no ties in hockey.
not anymore there aren't, but he prolly meant previously...but that's a good reason, American's can't stand ties...also, as far as soccer goes, anyone who doesn't play it usually thinks it's too slow/boring