Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-11-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Horns 09 Recruits

Mack has already picked up committments from Garrett Gilbert, Chris Whaley and Greg Timmons for the 09 class. Good Start!
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

I really hope Mack does not offer Shepard playing time at QB. He needs to be honest with the kid and tell him that if he comes to UT the chances that he snaps at QB are not going to be good. Russell needs to come to Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think they are offering shepard as a QB, i have heard that they are offering him as an athlete and that is why he hasnt already committed
Old 02-11-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilbert is a pro style qb, so im not exactly the happiest about picking him up...If he isnt a threat to run we might as well take out the zone read option, I liked what I saw from him but in our offense I always prefer guys who have athleticism to make plays, let me see how John Chiles can throw the ball before we ruin his career on the bench, otherwise he needs to be moved to rb or db...

But the class is starting off on the right foot, we would need a few big classes to pass up OU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

I have been impressed with Chiles and think he will be the guy after colt, there are a lot of WRs coming in this year and another committ for 09 so if chiles cant get them the ball gilbert is a nice option to have
Old 02-11-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

So far Mack just offered him as an ATH. They want him but at what cost will they go to get him. The kid is unreal on film and is a definite Top 5 player in the 2009 class. I have heard that GG had a tremendous playoff this past year and said he has become a legend because of it. What happend? The kid is good but Shepard is on another level. The dude looks like Mike Vick without killing dogs and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbs24 View Post
So far Mack just offered him as an ATH. They want him but at what cost will they go to get him. The kid is unreal on film and is a definite Top 5 player in the 2009 class. I have heard that GG had a tremendous playoff this past year and said he has become a legend because of it. What happend? The kid is good but Shepard is on another level. The dude looks like Mike Vick without killing dogs and all.
Shepard loves Texas, and he said he'd be willing to play another position if they asked him to. However, he also really loves Rich Rodriguez and believes he can be the QB at Michigan from day one.

Here is an exciting article:

Quote:
I would say Texas is still up there, but Michigan is really at the top of my list, especially if they dont get Terrelle Pryor, he told the paper. I feel like I could go there and play right away. Im also looking at Florida and LSU. Both of those schools have pretty good depth-chart situations for me.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RTS06/80210062
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Apparently his Girlfriend goes to LSU so who knows where he will wind up. It seems like a horse race between Mich, and Texas. While LSU is a very distant third.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Fence

Mack has generally always said that for the most part, he lets ATH recruits pick the position they want to play to start with, and then they'll move them accordingly if it doesn't or won't pan out. If Shepard commits, it'll probably be him and Gilbert battling for the QB job in the spring after Colt's SR season. Just not sure if I see John Chiles sticking at QB long-term, though I guess he'd have to be in that QB competition when Colt graduated... If Shepard wins the position in the spring, there's his QB job. If he loses, at least he got a chance.

Kid has always said he'd be willing to change positions to play at Texas, so I think right now he's probably still a slight Texas lean. Obviously, it'll hinge pretty heavily on what Terrelle Pryor decides to do.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
Mack has already picked up committments from Garrett Gilbert, Chris Whaley and Greg Timmons for the 09 class. Good Start!
Thats it? :)
Old 02-11-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

haha definately excited about Chris Whaley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpUpwJujEHw
Old 02-11-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
hornjbob

Ive talked to Shep personally and he told me Texas is still his fav school and they offered him but havnt said anything about QB they just offered him didnt say what position and he said he was confused, he said he wont go to a school that wont edleast offer him a chance to play QB, he might come back to texas jr day on the 23rd other than that he wont make a commitment for a good month or two
Old 02-11-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Russell will follow the poon. Oh he will follow the poon.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Shepard loves Texas, and he said he'd be willing to play another position if they asked him to. However, he also really loves Rich Rodriguez and believes he can be the QB at Michigan from day one.

Here is an exciting article:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RTS06/80210062
PL, save yourself the time and heartache. If Shepard isn't a Horn, I'll eat my shoe. I wear a size 17, so you know I am pretty darn confident in that.

The reality of it is, Shepard wants to be a Horn and the Texas coaches know it as well. That is why you normally only see a few select offers go out to Texas kids each year, especially early.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would of prefered Shephard anyway, but if that is the case Chiles needs to be featured in the offense somewhat because Id hate to see him as a career backup, he probably could of been the qb at A&M after Mcgee, but its no point in taking two 5* qbs in the same class, somebody will end up transferring(javon snead).

Quote:
Old 02-12-2008, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

If Texas isn't careful, they might end up having more 5 star QBs than USC
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:50 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas will have their class filled up before PSU gets around to sending written offers out.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:21 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

Thomas Ashcraft committed to Texas yesterday, Rivals has him in their top 100
Old 02-12-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
If Texas isn't careful, they might end up having more 5 star QBs than USC
I think that's why Shepard isn't a Horn right now. Mack is an honest guy and I don't think he wanted to tell RS that he was going to get an honest shot at QB if he couldn't really give him one.

Mack has had his QB controversy and it is still talked about today, I think that is the one thing he is trying to avoid.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas and USC are going to be in a battle to the finish for the top recruiting class, I'd imagine. I just hope that Cierre Wood decides that Notre Dame is a better fit for him than 'SC. :D
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:53 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

Who is the better prospect between Darrell Scott and Chris Whaley?

I've watched some vid of Whaley, and while he does seem to have a pretty good size/speed combo, Scott has that compact build you like in a runningback at essentially the same weight as Whaley.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

whaley reminds me of Beanie Wells dont know if thats good comparison or not.... I think Scott will be a star
Old 02-14-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
Who is the better prospect between Darrell Scott and Chris Whaley?

I've watched some vid of Whaley, and while he does seem to have a pretty good size/speed combo, Scott has that compact build you like in a runningback at essentially the same weight as Whaley.
Scott has better accelleration and lateral quickness, but Whaley is a beast and breaks tackles very well, also has excellent vision...Scott is the better prospect right now for college, that could change for the pros...Whaley is a beast in his own right just a different version...Darrell Scott makes me think Larry Johnson, Whaley reminds me of Brandon Jacobs...

class is coming together nice

#1 qb, #1 wr, #1 rb, #1 safety, all top rated guys inthe state...Love that MAck is getting them together now, helps influence other recruits when they see who is already going...something to look forward to because im not expecting any championships with mccoy...

Quote:
Old 02-14-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
whaley reminds me of Beanie Wells dont know if thats good comparison or not.... I think Scott will be a star
If you think he's as good as Beanie, you think he's better than Scott. You must.

However, both Scott and Wells are superior prospects to Whaley.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
If you think he's as good as Beanie, you think he's better than Scott. You must.

However, both Scott and Wells are superior prospects to Whaley.
i didnt say whaley was better than either of them, he just reminds me of wells with his running style and build